- Our saving
- US $ 1,189
- +7 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Discover sunny Egypt, Africa's hidden gem
- Enjoy a spectacular hot air ballon ride
- Explore the Philae temples of Aswan
- Visit the magnificent Pyramids of Giza
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat
- Rather Poor
- KimberlyWritten on April 23, 20184.0 - GoodOverall, I loved the trip. It was a fantastic time and I would recommend Egypt to anyone who is considering going. ITINERARY "Good"- The balance between Aswan/Cairo/Luxor was almost ideal. I felt like I saw everything I wanted to in those places and wasn't rushed. 2 days in Cairo was perfect for the Saqarra, Giza, and the Egyptian museum, with a little pool side time to relax. The days in Luxor and Aswan were also great. The only negative was that the cruise ship had too much dock time in Luxor as opposed to cruising on the last evening (which it does say on the website...the itineraries of these cruise ships can vary some as a caution). TRANSPORTATION "Good": The transportation to/from airports and throughout Cairo was ideal. The cruise ship room was nice and much more spacious than I expected. However, as mentioned above, they spend more time docked than I anticipated. This would probably be the case for any cruise. If I were to book a trip again, I would look for an itinerary that had flights between cities or maybe an overnight train or bus and then stay at a hotel that gave us flexibility in food instead of the meals on the cruise ship. ACCOMMODATIONS "Good": We stayed at the same hotel in Cairo on the first and last day (Le Meredian). The public spaces of the hotel were gorgeous (like the pool) and there was a great view of the pyramid. The breakfast was great. However, both nights (in different rooms at the beginning and end of the trip), the rooms had a mildew/musty smell to them. The cruise ship was nice (however see concerns above). MEALS "Average": The included meals on the cruise ship were okay. I'm a vegetarian and I had no problems sticking to a vegetarian diet. Of our 4 days on the cruise ship, only one of the dinners had Egyptian food and all other breakfast/lunch/dinners were German/European. All of the food was "average," nothing I hated but nothing super delicious. For a few of the dinners, our guide took us to some off-ship places that we could get local food and those were great! Guide "Excellent": Our Egyptologists: Mohamed (Luxor/Aswan) and Sam/Safwat(Cairo). Both WERE AMAZING. I couldn't ask for better guides, and these two guys truly made our experience awesome. Even all of the coordinators were awesome as well (Tom and Islam). I literally cannot express how awesome all of the guys were on this trip. They were kind, helpful, knowledgeable, funny, and genuine. I would give all of the Egyptians who were a part of this trip a 10 out of 5 stars. Actually, because of all the amazing people I had originally gave the whole overall score a 5/5... then when I saw my stars for the subgroups were 5/4/4/3/5...I knew that it probably wasn't accurate to say overall was 5/5. I wish I could do 4.5 as a score? I'm interested in Jordan as well as central/eastern Africa some day, so perhaps I will look for Encounters as a possibility to travel with again (...but this time I would watch for sales/promotions. Sometimes they run great promotions which unfortunately we missed out on this time around).Show detailed ratings
- MelanieWritten on April 9, 20183.0 - AverageThis is a hard one to review this because, while overall, the trip was an amazing experience, there were a few things that really could have ruined it. Encounters Travel over charged us, especially once we saw what we paid for. They dropped the price 45% the moment they got our money and wouldn't even discuss with us the HUGE pricing disparity before we left. Turns out, we were the only 2 people on our tour, but why not tell us that!? Then, the put us on one of the oldest and, I assume, cheapest Nile cruise ships. The food was terrible. They only served local food for one meal. Most of the other guests were German so they served German food. I hate German food. We're in Egypt! Give me Egyptian food! We ended up eating off of the ship most days so that was a waste. Also, the boat was docked too much. They changed the schedule to accommodate other guests that were late so there was only one day that we were actively cruising during the daylight when there should have be 2. That was disappointing because when we were cruising during the day, the scenery was beautiful and the sun deck a great place to hang out! Now for the good: our guide for the cruise portion Mohammed was AMAZING. Our guide in Cairo, Sam, was also great. The local tour company, Lady Egypt, was amazing! Since we were the only 2 on our tour, they were flexible with us when we wanted to change plans or change times around. Egypt, the sights, the people, the food, the history, all amazing. They literally held our hands from the moment we got off the plane to the moment we flew out. (I didn't necessarily need this much hand holding but it was nice to have no worries for once!) I would 100% recommend going to Egypt but I can't recommend going with Encounters Travel.Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewHi Melanie, Many thanks for your review. I’m delighted that you enjoyed the tour in Egypt overall, and had an amazing experience. That’s great to hear, and we’ll pass on your positive comments to our partners in Egypt and your guides. I’m sorry you weren’t happy with some other things though, and have just made a couple of notes here. As advised before you travelled, your cruise boat was the Iberotel Crown Empress, which is an Egyptian 5-star-deluxe level boat, and certainly not the oldest or cheapest on the Nile. You can be assured that there are many boats at both the 5-star-deluxe and 5-star level which do not come up to the same standard. It is a shame that they didn’t offer any Egyptian meals – the boats normally theme their dinners and have one night of the cruise with mainly Egyptian dishes, so it’s unusual that didn’t happen during your cruise. I’m sorry that the schedule of the boat was changed and cut down your daytime sailing time. Unfortunately that was out of our control, and done to help out other guests who had some issues with their own trip. I’m glad you were happy with our own flexibility for you through the tour though. That is something that we work very hard on offering as particularly for low numbers we know it can make a real difference to your enjoyment of your time in the country. We did inform you before you travelled that there were only 2 people on the tour – I can see this in the Tour Radar conversation thread between us and your friend who travelled with you on 22 March, 10 days before departure. We did run a special Egypt sale in February this year, which gave up to 50% off some tours. Unfortunately sales like this can only apply to new bookings (that’s not just our rule, but one made by our hotel and other suppliers in Egypt as well, that they are pretty strict on). So, we can’t backdate sales like this to earlier bookings, and as you booked in November we were not able to pass on the discount). We did explain this to you several times then, and despite your repeated threats then to post bad reviews of your holiday online, we had to stick to the original price that you paid, and were happy with in November.
- KrystalWritten on April 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was absolutely amazing. Our Egyptologist, Aboudy, made the trip incredible! The trip was the perfect length for us because we got to see everything we wanted without it becoming too repetitive or boring. The Egyptian people were so incredibly lovely and welcoming. When we do and up in Egypt again, we will definitely ask Mr. Aboudy to be our guide again!Show detailed ratings
- MichaelWritten on April 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was the trip of a lifetime! Exceeded expectations! The tour guides were very professional and friendly (Ahmed Aboudy, Mohammed, Islam). This is the adventure to take!Show detailed ratings
- GFGordonWritten on December 10, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis fantastic holiday takes the form of a road trip from Cairo to Luxor. Over a number of days I visited places of historic interest that are rarely seen by tourists but are the equal of more famous sites. I would like to give special mention to the impressive pyramid at Meidum, the very beautiful tombs at Beni Hassan and the well preserved temple at Abydos. The organisation by Encounters Travel was flawless and the Encounters guide Mohammed very friendly and informative. On route you also get to see a snippet of Egyptian rural life.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Cairo. Transfer to hotel
- Day 2: Cairo. Pyramids & Saqqara tour
- Day 3: Luxor. West bank tour. Luxor temple
- Day 4: Luxor. Karnak Temple. Sail to Edfu
- Day 5: Edfu. Cruise to Kom Ombo & Aswan
- Day 6: Aswan. Philae Temple, Aswan Dam
- Day 7: Cairo, Egyptian Museum & optional tours
- Day 8: Cairo. Departure transfer to the airport
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
Is it guaranteed that this cruise will be using the Nile Quest?
This is a small group tour, we can't guarantee a particular cruise boat, as the boat will only be confirmed within 2 weeks of the travel date. We will be using a boat such as the Nile Quest - or similar depending on cruise availability, but we don't guarantee the Nile Quest. A 5-star deluxe boat will be used and we would confirm the exact boat within 2 weeks of the departure date.
- December 1, 2016
How big is the tour group?
This tour has a maximum capacity of 18, however the average group sizes tend to be no more than 10. The tour would go ahead with a minimum of 2 passengers.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Wendy29th January 2018
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$60USD $1,449
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayMay 19, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$52USD $1,257
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$52USD $1,257
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$50USD $1,189
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$50USD $1,189
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$50USD $1,189
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$50USD $1,189
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$50USD $1,189
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$50USD $1,189
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Cairo8 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$50USD $1,189
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 June 2018 the full payment of $1,189 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1189 for Egyptian Legacy, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 53 km
- Dendera (Egypt)
- 53 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 45 km
- Esna (Egypt)
- 49 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 49 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,189 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,088 tours in Africa
- covered by 103 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Egyptian Legacy via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egyptian Legacy