Highlights of Madagascar
- Our saving
- US $ 1,712
- Explore Andasibe-Perinet National Park
- Visit a traditional healer in Lake Andrakiba
- Search for the rarely seen blue boa
- Relax in countless natural swimming pools
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle, Plane, Mini-coach
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure, Wildlife
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on September 8, 20184.0 - GoodThe program is heavily overloaded with visits and visits to similar parks. much is not included in the tour price.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the honest feedback - we will take that into account. Thanks for choosing to travel with us.
- MFMaryannWritten on August 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentI already wrote a review about our wonderful guide Coco. He was always patient, kind, fun and professional as well as knowledgeable. The only complaint I have about this tour is we paid for 14 days. The last day was a wash. There was nothing provided. The 13th day was also robbed from us by making us go from Ifaty to Antananarivo very early in the morning. We were told it was due to flight schedules and irregularities, but when the group is formed why wasn’t the reservation made for the 14th day? I felt like Day 13 was a wasted day when we could have enjoyed Ifaty for another day and night. Also some of the optional activities I felt should have been part of the tour. I do like that Gadventures gives back to the communities. It was fantastic to be part of the tree planting.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for following up - our customer solutions team will be in touch to discuss. Keep an eye on your inbox.
- TLToniWritten on June 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe saw lots of lemurs, chameleons, butterflies and dragon flies. Madagascar is a nature lover's paradise.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewMadagascar is indeed an animal lovers paradise. So happy you chose to experience this magical place with us. Thank you.
- AGAlisonWritten on May 22, 20184.0 - GoodDue to Madagascar being such a huge place there was necessarily long days on the bus, but these were broken up with fantastic views and regular stops. We loved Madagascar and hope to visit again. Solofo our guide was fantastic.Show detailed ratings
- AMAndrewWritten on May 6, 20184.5 - ExcellentGood trip. It would have been hard to do without being part of a tour.Show detailed ratings
- JeminWritten on May 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentEverything, Indeed!Show detailed ratings
- JJacquelineWritten on December 11, 20174.0 - GoodGreat trip. The guide was amazing, very caring and knowledgeable with a good sense of humor. Madagascar is not an easy country to travel as the conditions are tiring. Some days there are long, twisty, bumpy and hot drives. G Adventures did their best to ensure the comfort despite this. Anyone going on this tour should be prepared for this and might consider going in a cooler period to make this a bit easier (I went in Dec). I learned a lot about Madagascar culture and wildlife and met great people.Show detailed ratings
- FFrankWritten on October 15, 20174.0 - GoodWanna see most of the different countrysides that Madagascar offers in a short period of time? Then you should go on this trip! You can see the Top Spots and g adventure arrange all the transport and accommodations stuff for you!Show detailed ratings
- SKSusanWritten on August 31, 20164.0 - GoodThis was a great experience in a totally new cultural environment. Our guide was very informative about the customs of the different tribes in the country. The wildlife is magnificent andso different from any other place in the world. Two weeks is not long enough!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Antananarivo
- Day 2 Antananarivo/Andasibe
- Day 3 Andasibe
- Day 4 Andasibe/Antsirabe
- Day 5 Antsirabe/Fiadanana (1L, 1D)
- Day 6 Fiadanana/Ranomafana (1B)
- Day 7 Ranomafana/Ambalavao
- Day 8 Ambalavao/Ranohira
- Day 9 Ranohira
- Day 10 Ranohira/Ifaty
- Days 11-12 Ifaty
- Day 13 Ifaty/Antananarivo
- Day 14 Antananarivo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
There is no mandatory single supplement on this tour, as travellers can be roomed with a fellow traveller of the same sex for no additional cost. If you would prefer a little more privacy you can opt for the single supplement option, which will include an additional cost. Please contact our Travel Experts to arrange this.
Is this a guaranteed trip?
This tour is definitely guaranteed.
What is the maximum group size for this tour?
The maximum group size for this tour is 16.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
Highlights of Madagascar
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Antananarivo14 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to Antananarivo0 seats left$98USD $2,351
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Antananarivo14 DaysFridayOct 26, 2018to AntananarivoOnly 1 seat left$568$2,449-23%USD $1,881Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Antananarivo14 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Antananarivo0 seats left$98USD $2,351
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Antananarivo14 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Antananarivo0 seats left$98USD $2,351
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Antananarivo14 DaysFridayNov 16, 2018to Antananarivo0 seats left$89USD $2,140
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Antananarivo14 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Antananarivo0 seats left$89USD $2,140
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Antananarivo14 DaysFridayNov 30, 2018to Antananarivo0 seats left$89USD $2,140
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Antananarivo14 DaysFridayDec 7, 2018to Antananarivo4 seats left$517$2,229-23%USD $1,712Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Antananarivo14 DaysFridayApr 19, 2019to Antananarivo10+ seats left$529$2,279-23%USD $1,750Instant BookHold my
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Antananarivo14 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Antananarivo10+ seats left$529$2,279-23%USD $1,750Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Madagascar. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Antananarivo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 November 2018 the full payment of $1,712 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1712 for Highlights of Madagascar, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Antananarivo (Madagascar)
- 313 km
- Andasibe (Madagascar)
- 256 km
- Mantadia National Park (Madagascar)
- 189 km
- Antsirabe (Madagascar)
- 157 km
- Parc National de Ranomafana (Madagascar)
- 85 km
- Ambalavao (Madagascar)
- 176 km
- Ranohira (Madagascar)
- 19 km
- Parc National de Isalo (Madagascar)
- 205 km
- Ifaty (Madagascar)
- 48 km
- Toliara (Madagascar)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,712 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,507 tours in Africa
- covered by 139 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Madagascar