- Our saving
- US $ 1,567
- +1 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Take in the neon nightlife of Tokyo
- Relax in the manicured gardens of Nikko
- Dive into the deep culture of Kyoto
- Experience world-class sushi
- Rather Poor
- MarleneWritten on April 15, 20184.0 - GoodReally enjoyed the fact that this was a very 'authentic' tour with traditional Ryokans and using the public transport used by the locals. Also loved that there was so much flexibility and I could opt to join the group or go off on my own. Really enjoyed it.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Marlene, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us in Japan, and we hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- WEWayneWritten on October 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentSuperb experience - A wonderful tour - Excellent tour guideShow detailed ratings
- AAndyWritten on April 13, 20163.5 - GoodIt's a lovely tourShow detailed ratings
- JenniferWritten on April 12, 20164.0 - GoodI expected the tour to be pretty basic and flexible given the price that I paid and tour description. This suited me as I mainly did the tour to meet people so I could have the option and the tour guide there is I needed to ask questions. Kenji our tour guide gave us guided tours everyday pretty much which was amazing as you could decide whether to do your own thing and meet up later or go with the group.Show detailed ratings
- AlexandraWritten on November 23, 20155.0 - ExcellentHad the best time of my life, don't pack heavy as getting on and off trains a lot and public transport!Show detailed ratings
- EmilyWritten on June 22, 20155.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing time and our tour guide was amazing! So patient, organised and helpful. The only problem was that time went so quickly!!!Show detailed ratings
- JamesWritten on July 30, 20134.5 - ExcellentI had an amazing time! The tour guide (Kaori Kawayoko) was very friendly and helpful. She helped me a lot: teaching me some Japanese words and asking restaurants which meals contained meat products so I could eat them. The transport and travel plans were very organised and we had a healthy balance of free time along with times we gathered for dinner. It was great to have free roam of each place for a while so we could all see the things we wanted to see. I will definitely visit Japan again and will look into using Intrepid to plan another trip to another country in the future. ありがとうございます!Show detailed ratings
- KylieWritten on March 27, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe tour was fantastic, great fun and had a really good mix of group time and free time. Akemi our guide was knowledgeable, fun and so helpful. Thankyou!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Tokyo
- Day 4: Nikko
- Day 5: Nikko
- Day 6: Kyoto
- Day 7: Kyoto
- Day 8: Kyoto
- Day 9: Kyoto
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 15, 2018
Is there a hotel list available?
The tour operator has advised that they do not have a hotel list available for this tour, as all accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. Two examples of hotels that they generally stay at on this tour are Seibido Inn and Sakura Ryokan - hopefully, this can give you an idea of the kind of accommodation you can expect on tour.
- May 8, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
It's time to say farewell to your Travel Director and new-found friends as your memorable holiday comes to an end. Check-out from Seibido Inn in Kyoto is at 10 am, however, if you are departing later, you can arrange luggage storage at the hotel. Please be aware the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- May 8, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
This tour generally starts from Sakura Ryokan in Tokyo and as the first day is just an arrivals day you can arrive at any time. After check-in, you can relax and unwind, before meeting with your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 6 pm. Afterwards, you’ll have some free time to explore Tokyo’s exhilarating nightlife. Please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Tokyo9 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Kyoto7 seats left$353$1,920-18%USD $1,567
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Tokyo9 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to Kyoto6 seats left$367$1,995-18%USD $1,628
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Tokyo9 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Kyoto10+ seats left$367$1,995-18%USD $1,628
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Tokyo9 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Kyoto10+ seats left$382$2,075-18%USD $1,693
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Tokyo9 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Kyoto9 seats left$382$2,075-18%USD $1,693
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Tokyo9 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Kyoto10+ seats left$382$2,075-18%USD $1,693
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Tokyo9 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Kyoto8 seats left$389$2,115-18%USD $1,726
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Tokyo9 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Kyoto10+ seats left$367$1,995-18%USD $1,628
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Tokyo9 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Kyoto10+ seats left$367$1,995-18%USD $1,628
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Tokyo9 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Kyoto10+ seats left$353$1,920-18%USD $1,567
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 August 2018 the full payment of $1,567 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1567 for Japan Express, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 111 km
- Nikko (Japan)
- 402 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,567 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,853 tours in Asia
- covered by 219 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Express
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers