- Our saving
- US $ 1,904
- +1 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Discover the vibrant Tokyo and go sightseeing in Kyoto
- Travel to Nikko by train and enjoy the spectacular views
- Visit Toshu-gu Shrine or go hiking in the area of Nikko
- Take a photo of Fushimi Inari Taisha and see Nijo Castle
- Taste some traditional sushi, sake and other local food
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Tokyo
- Day 4: Nikko
- Day 5: Nikko
- Day 6: Kyoto
- Day 7: Kyoto
- Day 8: Kyoto
- Day 9: Kyoto
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- CICailaWritten on April 1, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Hiro and Kez were great. Some things were lost in translation but over all they tried their best to make it as smooth and enjoyable as possible and went over and above
- RRobertMcNabbWritten on August 24, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It as good having the flexibility to either take Tsunao's suggestions or go your own way. Tokyo, Nikko and Kyoto are all great places to explore and Tsunao's knowledge was invaluable. The venues chosen for group meals were varied and interesting. It was... Read more
- MarvWritten on July 24, 20185.0 - Excellent
Amazing but very hot We will come in spring or fall next time!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Marvin, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We agree, springtime in Japan is an amazing time to visit - hello cherry blossoms!! We're delighted to hear that your enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
- MKMiriamWritten on July 16, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Guide was excellent however took us only to the free places and the tour guidance lasted till 1300 usually and thus you are on your own to scramble to make plans for the rest of the day and figure out how to get there etc. Seems like I paid a lot of money... Read more
- MarleneWritten on April 15, 20184.0 - Good
Really enjoyed the fact that this was a very 'authentic' tour with traditional Ryokans and using the public transport used by the locals. Also loved that there was so much flexibility and I could opt to join the group or go off on my own. Really enjoyed it.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Marlene, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us in Japan, and we hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- WEWayneWritten on October 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Superb experience - A wonderful tour - Excellent tour guide
- AAndyWritten on April 13, 20163.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It's a lovely tour
- JenniferWritten on April 12, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I expected the tour to be pretty basic and flexible given the price that I paid and tour description. This suited me as I mainly did the tour to meet people so I could have the option and the tour guide there is I needed to ask questions. Kenji our tour... Read more
- AlexandraWritten on November 23, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Had the best time of my life, don't pack heavy as getting on and off trains a lot and public transport!
- EmilyWritten on June 22, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had an amazing time and our tour guide was amazing! So patient, organised and helpful. The only problem was that time went so quickly!!!
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
The tour operator has advised that they do not have a hotel list available for this tour, as all accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. Two examples of hotels that they generally stay at on this tour are Seibido Inn and Sakura Ryokan - hopefully, this can give you an idea of the kind of accommodation you can expect on tour.
When and where does the tour end?
It's time to say farewell to your Travel Director and new-found friends as your memorable holiday comes to an end. Check-out from Seibido Inn in Kyoto is at 10 am, however, if you are departing later, you can arrange luggage storage at the hotel. Please be aware the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour generally starts from Sakura Ryokan in Tokyo and as the first day is just an arrivals day you can arrive at any time. After check-in, you can relax and unwind, before meeting with your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 6 pm. Afterwards, you’ll have some free time to explore Tokyo’s exhilarating nightlife. Please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Steve5th September 2019
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Tokyo9 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to Kyoto5 seats leftUSD $2,465
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Tokyo9 DaysSundayOct 20, 2019to KyotoOnly 3 seats leftUSD $2,440
- SaturdayOct 26, 2019from Tokyo9 DaysSundayNov 3, 2019to Kyoto9 seats left$336$2,240-15%USD $1,904
- SaturdayNov 2, 2019from Tokyo9 DaysSundayNov 10, 2019to KyotoOnly 3 seats leftUSD $2,240
- SaturdayNov 16, 2019from Tokyo9 DaysSundayNov 24, 2019to KyotoOnly 1 seat leftUSD $2,370Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayNov 23, 2019from Tokyo9 DaysSundayDec 1, 2019to Kyoto7 seats leftUSD $2,155
- SaturdayDec 21, 2019from Tokyo9 DaysSundayDec 29, 2019to Kyoto10+ seats leftUSD $2,155
- SaturdayFeb 29, 2020from Tokyo9 DaysSundayMar 8, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats leftUSD $2,095
- SaturdayMar 7, 2020from Tokyo9 DaysSundayMar 15, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats leftUSD $2,095
- SaturdayMar 21, 2020from Tokyo9 DaysSundayMar 29, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats leftUSD $2,205
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 16 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 16 November 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Intrepid Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Intrepid Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 111 km
- Nikko (Japan)
- 402 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,904 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,649 tours in Asia
- covered by 884 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Express
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point
Alternate Finish point description
Alternate Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers