- Tour Operator:
- Intrepid Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 15 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
Places You’ll See
- Discover the vibrant Tokyo and go sightseeing in Kyoto
- Travel to Nikko by train and enjoy the spectacular views
- Visit Toshu-gu Shrine or go hiking in the area of Nikko
- Take a photo of Fushimi Inari Taisha and see Nijo Castle
- Taste some traditional sushi, sake and other local food
Travel, Your Way
Good reasons for travelling privately:
Personalise your trip
Make changes to the itinerary, accommodation, or transport method
Increased safety during COVID
Spend the majority of time amongst your group to reduce exposure to others
Travel more exclusively
Your tour guide can focus all their attention on your group
Travel for a special occasion
Celebrate an important event by only travelling with your friends or family
- Day 1: Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Tokyo
- Day 4: Nikko
- Day 5: Nikko
- Day 6: Kyoto
- Day 7: Kyoto
- Day 8: Kyoto
- Day 9: Kyoto
- Hygiene Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- ALila D· September 18th, 2019The itinerary was very good, the tour guide Hiro was excellent, she spent her own time to go to the train station to help us to buy a ticket to get from Kyoto to Tokyo, also took us to some places, which was not in itinerary, and also she was funny and... Show moreTrip date: March 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AAmanda G· September 18th, 2019I love the values that intrepid follows in its low impact authentic tours using local transport and staying in family run businesses.Trip date: March 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ALorenzo T· September 18th, 2019Free time, reliable guide at your service and in this particular case a really friendly relaxed man that didn't show itself as a simple tour leader but also as a funny friend full of desire to have fun.Trip date: March 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AKen E· September 18th, 2019It did exactly what it said , a quick flavour of Northern Japan with time to do things you preferedTrip date: March 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ADorian T· September 18th, 2019very well put together tour. fantastic tour leaderTrip date: March 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ARebecca F· September 18th, 2019This was one of the best tours I have done. Eric, our tour guide, was so organised and thorough and ensured that anything we required was organised efficiently. He went above and beyond to make sure we get an authentic band enjoyable experience of Japan.Trip date: February 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- APam B· September 18th, 2019We saw and experienced so much in what was a very short tripTrip date: February 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AEmma T· September 18th, 2019We were very well looked after by our tour guide who made sure that we had the most out of the trip.Trip date: February 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- CICaila· April 1st, 2019Hiro and Kez were great. Some things were lost in translation but over all they tried their best to make it as smooth and enjoyable as possible and went over and aboveTrip date: March 2019
- RRobertMcNabb· August 24th, 2018It as good having the flexibility to either take Tsunao's suggestions or go your own way. Tokyo, Nikko and Kyoto are all great places to explore and Tsunao's knowledge was invaluable. The venues chosen for group meals were varied and interesting. It... Show moreTrip date: August 2018
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday25 Sep, 2021EnglishSunday3 Oct, 2021$2,4000% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday9 Oct, 2021EnglishSunday17 Oct, 2021$2,4000% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday23 Oct, 2021EnglishSunday31 Oct, 2021$2,3100% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday30 Oct, 2021EnglishSunday7 Nov, 2021$2,2250% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday6 Nov, 2021EnglishSunday14 Nov, 2021$2,2250% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday19 Feb, 2022EnglishSunday27 Feb, 2022$2,3300% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday19 Mar, 2022EnglishSunday27 Mar, 2022$2,4750% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday26 Mar, 2022EnglishSunday3 Apr, 2022$2,4750% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday2 Apr, 2022EnglishSunday10 Apr, 2022$2,5650% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday9 Apr, 2022EnglishSunday17 Apr, 2022$2,5650% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a hotel list available?
- When and where does the tour end?
- When and where does the tour start?
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
- What are the optional excursions?
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
- What are the group sizes?
- Is this tour recommended for people travelling alone?
- Is there going to be a tour guide on this trip?
- What are the activities on this trip?
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Japan
- Japan Travel Guide
- 2 Week (14 Days) Japan Travel Itineraries & Cost 2021
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- Japan from Tokyo
- Japan In-depth Cultural
- 9 days Japan
- From Tokyo to Kyoto
- Operators in Asia
- Southern Japan
- In-depth Cultural tours
- Honshu tours
- Japan tours
- Central Japan
- Southern Japan