South Morocco Discovery
- Our saving
- US $ 744
- +4 Destinations
- Central Morocco
- Visit Ait Benhaddou on the Sahara
- Stroll through Zagora’s palm groves
- Wander through Essaouira’s fish markets
- Explore the bustling city of Marrakech
- Age range
- 15 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Jeep & 4WD, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- JennWritten on August 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentI went on the South Moroccan Discovery tour in June through Intrepid with their Amazing guide Kalid Lamlih. The trip had the perfect combination of free time and adventure sightseeing every day. There was a lot of driving, but we saw so much of the country; from cities over the mountains to the desert as well as the ocean with stops at every ancient city in-between. Kalid broke up some of the driving time sharing his own stories of growing up in the mountains and his journey growing up in Morocco.Show detailed ratings
- GKGayeWritten on April 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentPreviously being independent travellers, this was our first organised tour and it surpassed our expectations. It was a varied programme and was efficiently organised to make best use of the time, yet give us a wide range of experiences. It was a schedule easy to manage and allowed for some free time as well. Best of all was the excellent leadership of our guide, Hicham, who was generous with his patience, care and explanations. His knowledge and passion for his homeland was outstanding and left us with a new understanding and appreciation about the culture and history of Morocco.Show detailed ratings
- KatieWritten on December 30, 20165.0 - ExcellentI highly recommend this tour. Every day we saw something completely new, in many places off the beaten path - desert dunes, mountains, cities, villages. Every stop we made was worthwhile. The driving was fine - our van was comfortable. Accommodations were excellent, including a colorful gite in the Atlas mountains, a palatial riad, and luxury tents in the Sahara. Our guide, Rachid, was friendly, helpful, and easygoing. He went out of his way to ensure everyone was comfortable and happy. After the trip, I went traveling on my own to a few cities in the north, but this was a great introduction to Morocco.Show detailed ratings
- VVKWritten on December 28, 20164.0 - GoodThe tour exceeded my expectations. Morocco in general and the locations of this tour were simply amazing. The group was superb and that made the trip special. All the people we cane across, including the tour guide and the van driver, were helpful and friendly. For e.g. the night we camped in the desert, the staff joined us at the bon fire and played Moroccon drums and sangs songs. It was an amazing night. The only downside I found is that the places like the spice and Argan oil exhibition where we were taken were much more expensive than the market. We didn't know this because we hadn't explored the market yet. Finding the same (or similar - we coudnt tell any difference) stuff cheaper in the market left us feeling dissapointed.Show detailed ratings
- BMBettyWritten on December 21, 20165.0 - ExcellentOur South Morocco tour was everything I hoped for. I learned and saw many new things, I enjoyed the company of lively and warm companions and I made unforgettable memories of remote Bedouin villages and sleeping under the Sahara stars. Our guide was smart, knowledgeable, skilled at bringing our diverse group together and a fellow traveller.Show detailed ratings
- SSandraWritten on August 3, 20164.0 - GoodWe covered a lot of ground in a short period of time, which meant LONG days on the road. We'd often get to our destination very late,not allowing too much time to explore. Morning starts were often early, as early as 3am(Sahara day) and as late as 9am. Our guide,Abdala, was great! He was wry helpful and very informative about everything. Our driver hamid was great too... I think that I didn't love this tour, not because of the guide, it was mostly the itenirary--- I underestimated the amount of time we'd spend on the road. Aside from that, everything eas great; the guides, the places we stayed and the food.Show detailed ratings
- SSandraWritten on April 30, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis trip is A+ ! It has everything from cityscapes to mountains to deserts to coast! South Morocco is such a colorful place. I loved everything about this trip especially the itinerary and accommodations. Get ready for some awe-inspiring sights when camping in the Sahara - the stars are unbelievable! If you're looking for a good bargain, shop in Essaouira!Show detailed ratings
- MVMichaelWritten on April 25, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis was my first Intrepid Tour and it was Awesome! Our leader was amazing, he worked as a guide for 20 years, was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and had a great sense of humor. The accommodations were fun, clean and while not always fancy were good for the money (when considering it was all part of a package). Some were a bit small but it gave ups some fun stories. As someone how is normally a solo traveler it was really awesome to do a tour. Normally I spend months planning my trip, (and I sort of did this with this one too), but the reality was I didn't need to. Everything was managed by Intrepid, our leader was great, our itinerary was great and we had a blast. Considering I don't have nearly as much time as I did in my twenties to plan out my trips and travel (I now have about two weeks verse the two months I used to have) I will definitely use Intrepid in the future! Another great thing about Intrepid is how they give back to the communities. We were able to visit a center that Intrepid has been supporting for over 12 years that helps people who have various forms of disabilities which was very cool! It's hard to come up with a best part, but I think it was probably the food, the Sarah (camels and dunes) and Essaouira. Great trip and now I want to go to the North of Morocco! I'll definitely travel with Intrepid again!Show detailed ratings
- SStephanieWritten on April 21, 20165.0 - ExcellentFrom the busy souks of Marrakech, to the high Atlas Mountains and from the Sahara sand dunes to the Essaouira fish markets, South Morocco has it all. This itinerary was so varied we were in a new landscape each day. Our local leader was so helpful and knowledgeable, we had a small group of 10. The accommodations here are stunning as well, it was a really cool experience getting to stay in a traditional Riad.Show detailed ratings
- CHCarolineWritten on January 22, 20164.5 - ExcellentI definitely fell in love with Morroco, and met some lovely people! Rashid was a fab tour guide and shared his wealth of knowledge both about his country & culture!! I had a great time & particularly loved the Sahara! Thanks Rashid, Intrepid & my lovely group!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Marrakech
- Day 2: Aroumd
- Day 3: Ait Benhaddou
- Day 4: Zagora
- Day 5: Sahara Camp
- Day 6: Taroudannt
- Day 7: Essaouira
- Day 8: Essaouira
- Day 9: Marrakech
- Day 10: Marrakech
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
What is the average age range?
The age range is quite diverse on this tour because people with age ranges from15-70 years can join.
- November 1, 2016
Could you tell me how big the group sizes are?
Intrepid Travel specialize in small group travel and have a maximum group size of 16 travellers, though most will be between 8-12.
- October 1, 2016
Is single supplement compulsory for this trip?
There is never a single supplement fee on an Intrepid tour. You will automatically be matched up with someone of the same gender for no additional fee!
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old4th May 2017
South Morocco Discovery
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayOct 21, 2017from MarrakeshMondayOct 30, 2017in MarrakeshPriceUSD $9100 spaces left
- TuesdayOct 24, 2017from MarrakeshThursdayNov 2, 2017in MarrakeshPriceUSD $9100 spaces left
- ThursdayOct 26, 2017from MarrakeshSaturdayNov 4, 2017in MarrakeshPriceUSD $9104 spaces left
- SaturdayOct 28, 2017from MarrakeshMondayNov 6, 2017in MarrakeshPriceUSD $9350 spaces left
- TuesdayOct 31, 2017from MarrakeshThursdayNov 9, 2017in MarrakeshPriceUSD $910Only 1 space left
- ThursdayNov 2, 2017from MarrakeshSaturdayNov 11, 2017in MarrakeshPriceUSD $935Only 1 space left
- SaturdayNov 4, 2017from MarrakeshMondayNov 13, 2017in MarrakeshPriceUSD $9650 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 9, 2017from MarrakeshSaturdayNov 18, 2017in MarrakeshPriceUSD $900Only 2 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 11, 2017from MarrakeshMondayNov 20, 2017in MarrakeshPriceUSD $9005 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 16, 2017from MarrakeshSaturdayNov 25, 2017in MarrakeshPriceUSD $9006 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Marrakesh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 December 2017 the full payment of $744 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $744 for South Morocco Discovery, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
- 105 km
- Ait Benhaddou (Morocco)
- 147 km
- Zagora (Morocco)
- 291 km
- Taroudannt (Morocco)
- 145 km
- Essaouira (Morocco)
- 168 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $744 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,020 tours in Africa
- covered by 90 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 78 travellers have already met
before they left for South Morocco Discovery tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on South Morocco Discovery
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Alternate Joining point
Alternate Joining point description
Alternate Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point
Alternate Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers