- Our saving
- US $ 1,755
- Experience the Land of the Pharaos
- See the Pyramides up close
- Sightseeing on a Nile River cruise
- Visit tombs in the Valley of the Kings
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Stateroom / Suite, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Ship, Boat, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Rather Poor
- COColletteWritten on February 5, 20174.0 - GoodOur guide, Hamy Moustaffa, made all the difference: he was throughly professional, incredibly hard working--and he had a great sense of humour! The tombs, temples and pyramids of Egypt were all that I imagined, and more [I added the tomb of Nefartari as well as Dendara; both were really worth the money, and Intrepid might consider them as options]. My only caveat--and it's really outside of what Intrepid can control--is the terrible air pollution affecting Cairo. It made driving in Cairo literally painful. What Intrepid might recommend are really heavy duty masks with valves--we will look like dorks, but at least we will be able to breathe.Show detailed ratings
- HMHolliWritten on February 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentEgypt Experience: Absolutely amazing! I've been on many group tours, but this was my first time going with Intrepid, and now I can't imagine using anyone else. Our tour guide Hany Mostafa was incredible: he treated us like family, was a phenomenal problem solver with grace under pressure, and there's nothing about ancient Egypt he doesn't know. If you've always wanted to go to Egypt but have been afraid because of the terrorism situation, I can tell you I never felt less than safe, even when I was on the streets at night with other women. The people are so warm and friendly and the sites are mind-blowing. Highly recommend!Show detailed ratings
- JRJeanineWritten on November 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on Explore Egypt. It was amazing!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on January 15, 20113.0 - AverageNot really a fan of Egypt as a whole
- AAnonymousWritten on January 11, 20115.0 - ExcellentSameh\'s knowledge and enthusiasm of his country was inspiring, as well as his desire to help out with any requests we had. It was great to be shown local eating spots and it was a highlight for our group to eat together with the locals.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 11, 20115.0 - ExcellentVery positive experience. Wide range of content. Travel aspects well managed. Accommodation above expectation. Food good.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 5, 20115.0 - ExcellentExcellent trip -- well organized, well paced, terrific leader.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 4, 20115.0 - ExcellentThe optional extra tours arranged by Egypt 7000 have a profit mark-up of at least 100% and are cheapier and as easy to arrange in each location you visit.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 29, 20105.0 - ExcellentGreat all round introduction to egypt. Saw all the \"big things\""with some extras. Had an excellent guide who made the trip educational"
- AAnonymousWritten on December 29, 20105.0 - ExcellentWalid, our guide, was phenominal! He knew so much about Egypt and loved to share--we were very well looked after.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo
- Day 3: Alexandria
- Day 4: Alexandria
- Day 5: Aswan
- Day 6: Nile Cruise
- Day 7: Nile Cruise
- Day 8: Nile Cruise
- Day 9: Luxor
- Day 10: Luxor
- Day 11: Cairo
- Day 12: Cairo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2016
Looking through the reviews and someone mentioned this trip was actually from a company called Egypt 7000 and not Intrepid. How does this work?
While Intrepid is the tour operator, they partner with local companies in order to offer in-depth, exciting optional excursions for the tour during the free time periods. The tour itself is operated by Intrepid and you will be accompanied by a professional Intrepid guide with you for the duration of the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Natalie26th January 2018
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SundayApr 1, 2018from Cairo12 DaysThursdayApr 12, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$104USD $2,506
- FridayApr 6, 2018from Cairo12 DaysTuesdayApr 17, 2018to Cairo6 seats left$572$2,465-23%USD $1,893
- SundayApr 8, 2018from Cairo12 DaysThursdayApr 19, 2018to CairoOnly 1 seat left$595$2,565-23%USD $1,970
- FridayApr 13, 2018from Cairo12 DaysTuesdayApr 24, 2018to CairoOnly 1 seat left$583$2,515-23%USD $1,932
- SundayApr 15, 2018from Cairo12 DaysThursdayApr 26, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$103USD $2,462
- SundayApr 22, 2018from Cairo12 DaysThursdayMay 3, 2018to CairoOnly 2 seats left$583$2,515-23%USD $1,932
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Cairo12 DaysThursdayMay 10, 2018to CairoOnly 1 seat left$572$2,465-23%USD $1,893
- SundayMay 6, 2018from Cairo12 DaysThursdayMay 17, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$97USD $2,323
- FridayMay 11, 2018from Cairo12 DaysTuesdayMay 22, 2018to Cairo9 seats left$530$2,285-23%USD $1,755
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Cairo12 DaysThursdayMay 24, 2018to CairoOnly 1 seat left$572$2,465-23%USD $1,893
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 May 2018 the full payment of $1,755 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1755 for Egypt Experience, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 180 km
- Alexandria (Egypt)
- 845 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 181 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,755 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,079 tours in Africa
- covered by 104 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt Experience
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Alternate Joining point
Alternate Joining point description
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point
Alternate Finish point description
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers