- US $ 2,285
- Experience the Land of the Pharaos
- See the Pyramides up close
- Sightseeing on a Nile River cruise
- Visit tombs in the Valley of the Kings
- Age range
- 15 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Stateroom / Suite, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Ship, Boat, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Rather Poor
- COColletteWritten on February 5, 20174.0 - GoodOur guide, Hamy Moustaffa, made all the difference: he was throughly professional, incredibly hard working--and he had a great sense of humour! The tombs, temples and pyramids of Egypt were all that I imagined, and more [I added the tomb of Nefartari as well as Dendara; both were really worth the money, and Intrepid might consider them as options]. My only caveat--and it's really outside of what Intrepid can control--is the terrible air pollution affecting Cairo. It made driving in Cairo literally painful. What Intrepid might recommend are really heavy duty masks with valves--we will look like dorks, but at least we will be able to breathe.Show detailed ratings
- HMHolliWritten on February 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentEgypt Experience: Absolutely amazing! I've been on many group tours, but this was my first time going with Intrepid, and now I can't imagine using anyone else. Our tour guide Hany Mostafa was incredible: he treated us like family, was a phenomenal problem solver with grace under pressure, and there's nothing about ancient Egypt he doesn't know. If you've always wanted to go to Egypt but have been afraid because of the terrorism situation, I can tell you I never felt less than safe, even when I was on the streets at night with other women. The people are so warm and friendly and the sites are mind-blowing. Highly recommend!Show detailed ratings
- JRJeanineWritten on November 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on Explore Egypt. It was amazing!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on January 15, 20113.0 - AverageNot really a fan of Egypt as a whole
- AAnonymousWritten on January 11, 20115.0 - ExcellentSameh\'s knowledge and enthusiasm of his country was inspiring, as well as his desire to help out with any requests we had. It was great to be shown local eating spots and it was a highlight for our group to eat together with the locals.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 11, 20115.0 - ExcellentVery positive experience. Wide range of content. Travel aspects well managed. Accommodation above expectation. Food good.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 5, 20115.0 - ExcellentExcellent trip -- well organized, well paced, terrific leader.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 4, 20115.0 - ExcellentThe optional extra tours arranged by Egypt 7000 have a profit mark-up of at least 100% and are cheapier and as easy to arrange in each location you visit.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 29, 20105.0 - ExcellentGreat all round introduction to egypt. Saw all the \"big things\""with some extras. Had an excellent guide who made the trip educational"
- AAnonymousWritten on December 29, 20105.0 - ExcellentWalid, our guide, was phenominal! He knew so much about Egypt and loved to share--we were very well looked after.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Cairo
- Day 3: Alexandria
- Day 4: Overnight Train
- Day 5: Aswan
- Day 6: Nile Cruise
- Day 7: Nile Cruise
- Day 8: Nile Cruise
- Day 9: Luxor
- Day 10: Luxor
- Day 11: Cairo
- Day 12: Cairo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2016
Looking through the reviews and someone mentioned this trip was actually from a company called Egypt 7000 and not Intrepid. How does this work?
While Intrepid is the tour operator, they partner with local companies in order to offer in-depth, exciting optional excursions for the tour during the free time periods. The tour itself is operated by Intrepid and you will be accompanied by a professional Intrepid guide with you for the duration of the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SundayOct 22, 2017from CairoThursdayNov 2, 2017in CairoPriceUSD $2,5050 spaces left
- SundayOct 29, 2017from CairoThursdayNov 9, 2017in CairoPriceUSD $2,4300 spaces left
- SundayNov 5, 2017from CairoThursdayNov 16, 2017in CairoPriceUSD $2,4550 spaces left
- SundayNov 12, 2017from CairoThursdayNov 23, 2017in CairoPriceUSD $2,4300 spaces left
- SundayNov 26, 2017from CairoThursdayDec 7, 2017in CairoPriceUSD $2,430Only 1 space left
- SundayDec 3, 2017from CairoThursdayDec 14, 2017in CairoPriceUSD $2,5304 spaces left
- SundayDec 10, 2017from CairoThursdayDec 21, 2017in CairoPriceUSD $2,4300 spaces left
- SundayDec 17, 2017from CairoThursdayDec 28, 2017in CairoPriceUSD $2,3405 spaces leftInstant BookHold my
- SundayDec 24, 2017from CairoThursdayJan 4, 2018in CairoPriceUSD $2,2950 spaces left
- SundayJan 14, 2018from CairoThursdayJan 25, 2018in CairoPriceUSD $2,445Only 1 space leftBook Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 December 2017 the full payment of $2,285 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2285 for Egypt Experience, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 180 km
- Alexandria (Egypt)
- 845 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 181 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,285 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,020 tours in Africa
- covered by 90 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 14 travellers have already met
before they left for Egypt Experience tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt Experience
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers