Rome to Amalfi
- Our saving
- US $ 1,577
- Follow in the footsteps of Joan and Jessica
- Bon appetit! Grab a slice of authentic pizza in Naples
- See the pastel hues that cling to the cliffs of Positano
- Uncover the confronting excavations of ill-fated Pompeii
- Celebrate your "Tour the World" adventure with limoncello
- Enjoy la dolce vita with gelato on the Spanish Steps
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Discovery, Sightseeing
- Intrepid Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Rome
- Day 2: Naples / Pompeii
- Day 3: Pompeii
- Day 4: Mt Vesuvius / Sorrento
- Day 5: Sorrento
- Day 6: Amalfi
- Day 7: Positano / Amalfi
- Day 8: Amalfi
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- MollyShainfarberWritten on September 12, 20193.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
We visited interesting places but could have used more local guides to provide information about the places we visited and to tell us what else we might like to see. Also found physical difficulty rating misleading and inaccurate. Would prefer to get more... Read moreReview collected by Intrepid Travel
- CarolyneWritten on September 9, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
our guide was excellent, she was happy to organised any requests, she organised dinner at very good restaurants. Excellent knowledge of the areas and had lots of contacts to ensure we all had a great time.Her Italian was fantastic .Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- BenWritten on July 27, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Was really good tour an excellent tour guide had a great timeReview collected by Intrepid Travel
- JamesWritten on July 6, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
For a first time tour, the Intrepid Travel experience booked through Tourradar was quite good. The tour itself offered amazing sites in Rome--the trip south was brilliant! I loved the Ruins, the trip to Sorrento, the boat ride to Capri and climbing Mount... Read moreReview collected by Intrepid Travel
- AnthonyWritten on July 5, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This was an excellent tour made much better with our tour guide Mattia Trame. What an excellent person he is. Looked after us above and beyond his duties. The other aspect of the tour that made it perfect was the other tourists. We all got on so well and... Read moreReview collected by Intrepid Travel
- JamesWritten on July 4, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Overall, this was an amazing tour. Mattia, our guide, was incredible! He was knowledgeable, humorous, patient, kind and extremely helpful. The tour stops were all amazing—the Pompeii Ruins, Sorrento and boat to Capri were true highlights. My only critique... Read moreReview collected by Intrepid Travel
- SGSylviaWritten on March 25, 20193.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
You rated this tour as low in strength. Given all the hill climbing and stairs with no elevators at hotels, it requires a lot more stamina.
- KNKatherineWritten on November 6, 20185.0 - Excellent
Excellent! First time on any travel tour and won’t be the last!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Katherine, This is great to hear, thank you for sharing.... We are really pleased to hear that this will not be your last trip.... Hopefully we will see you on another Intrepid trip soon. Intrepid.
- VVictoriaWritten on September 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Beautiful location, culture, and people! Many activities/things to do. Walter was the best !
- KTKimberlyWritten on September 13, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Unbelievable vacation that was better than I thought it could be
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are lunches and dinners included?
Lunches and dinners are not included to give you maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. Fully embrace that Italian life by indulging in gelato on the Spanish Steps in Rome, or Margherita pizza at a beachside cafe in Sorrento!
Where does this tour start and finish?
This tour starts at the Hotel Stella in Rome at 6:00 pm on Day 1. Additionally, this tour finishes at the Hotel Fontana in Amalfi on Day 14, you can depart your tour at any time on your final day is this is a free day.
Please be aware that all accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. Final accommodation details will be provided to you with your finalised travel documents.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
There are no airport transfers included in this tour, therefore you will need to make their own way to the starting point. All Intrepid starting points are centrally located and have good public transport links so there should be no trouble getting there!
- Discover Italy
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
- TourRadar presents The Sorrento Peninsula
- Tour the World - Ep 5: Rome to Amalfi
- Tour the World - Ep 6: A Million Dollar View
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Michael7th March 2019
Rome to Amalfi
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SundaySep 22, 2019from Rome8 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Amalfi0 seats leftUSD $2,100
- WednesdaySep 25, 2019from Rome8 DaysWednesdayOct 2, 2019to Amalfi0 seats leftUSD $2,100
- SundaySep 29, 2019from Rome8 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to Amalfi0 seats leftUSD $1,965
- WednesdayOct 2, 2019from Rome8 DaysWednesdayOct 9, 2019to Amalfi0 seats leftUSD $2,100
- SundayOct 6, 2019from Rome8 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Amalfi0 seats leftUSD $1,925
- SundayOct 13, 2019from Rome8 DaysSundayOct 20, 2019to Amalfi0 seats leftUSD $2,000
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Rome8 DaysSundayOct 27, 2019to Amalfi0 seats leftUSD $1,925
- SundayOct 27, 2019from Rome8 DaysSundayNov 3, 2019to AmalfiOnly 2 seats left$278$1,855-15%USD $1,577
- SundayMar 15, 2020from Rome8 DaysSundayMar 22, 2020to Amalfi8 seats leftUSD $1,850Instant BookHold my
- SundayMar 29, 2020from Rome8 DaysSundayApr 5, 2020to Amalfi8 seats leftUSD $1,830Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroItaly and Vatican City (Holy See)
Plugs & Adapters
- Rome is the starting point and Amalfi is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 16 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 16 November 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Intrepid Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Intrepid Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Rome (Italy)
- 3 km
- Vatican City (Vatican City (Holy See))
- 191 km
- Naples (Italy)
- 14 km
- Mount Vesuvius (Italy)
- 10 km
- Pompei (Italy)
- 17 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 9 km
- Positano (Italy)
- 10 km
- Amalfi (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,577 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,190 tours in Europe
- covered by 556 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Rome to Amalfi
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers