Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 710
- +5 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- See the Great Sphinx in person
- Explore the Temple of Isis
- Give local Egyptian cuisine a try
- Go diving in Hurghada's seas
- Rather Poor
- SSushmitaWritten on June 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentMedhat is a knowledgeable and passionate Egyptologist, who is proud of his profession. He took time to explain in-depth the length and breath of History. Most of his lectures were through stories that were easy to remember and extremely interesting. We could re-live most of the ancient Egyptian History through his stories. Overall, Medhat is highly dependable, well-informed and professional! We, however,were fortunate to have two tour guides and the other guide was friendly and lively Ramez Emil. Ramez was social and was always ready to help people in every possible way. Irrespective of circumstances, Ramez's smile never faded and his personal approach to every situation was an asset to our trip. Ramez was also very passionate about Egyptian History and his knowledge was thorough and in-depth.Show detailed ratings
- DKDavidWritten on May 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentI thought the Tour was amazing!. Our Guide, " Peter" was absolutely fantastic. he did an amazing job. So knowledgeable and cared for everyone on the tour. It was well organized and I will be recommending this to all of my friends and family!Show detailed ratings
- ALAlanWritten on April 3, 20183.5 - GoodWe thought the itinerary was too rushed. One extra day on the Nile cruise ship would have made a big difference, to have less attractions crammed into each day and reduce the number of early starts. The guide was pleasant enough but she did not have a strong voice and also had a very strong accent, which made her very difficult to understand. I spoke to some others in our group, who made the same comment and, like me (and my partner), pretty much gave up after the first couple of days. We overheard several other tour guides during our trip and they all spoke clearly, gave precise instructions and were easy to understand. Her time keeping was also extremely poor. At the first site, Sakkara, a few people in the group were confused about where we were to meet. The guide proceeded to read the riot act to the whole group, saying we must be sure we know where and when to meet and to fail to do so was to not show her the appropriate level of respect. I thought this was inappropriate because only a few people from the group were involved, they had made a mistake not wilfully disregarded her instructions and they had already apologized to her and assured her it would not happen again. For the rest of the tour, the main offender in not being at the time and place arranged after site visits was - our guide! Twenty minute stops were routinely 30-40 minutes. At the Sphinx, we were told we could have 15 minutes at the site. When this was met with a stony silence from the group, it was extended to 20 minutes, still an absurdly short period of time to appreciate one of the world's most iconic structures. We then spent 1 HOUR and 20 minutes at a shop selling oils! The guide was the last person back on the bus, saying she was sorry she was so late but she seemed to think it was rather funny! On the way back from Abu Simbel we were running late returning to the boat - and our guide had the bus stop on the way so she could meet her sister and get something from her! We had arrived in Aswan early the previous afternoon, so she could have met her sister that afternoon or evening, rather than use the tour bus as her taxi. Speaking to several others in the group, they agreed our guide's behaviour was unprofessional.Show detailed ratings
- TWTerenceWritten on March 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe packed a lot into 8 days.Show detailed ratings
- BriannaWritten on February 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentEgypt was everything I expected and more. My friend and I went on Egypt Nile Jewel- 9 days. Our tour guides, were Mariam TawFiq & Ramez. Most of the tour was guided by Mariam, however, Ramez was outstanding as well. Mariam is very knowledgeable about Ancient Egypt History and was very accommodating to our needs, there was never a dull moment on our trip. Everything on the itinerary was covered along with a few extra suprizes. This tour is highly recommended!Show detailed ratings
- JLJaeWritten on February 22, 20183.5 - GoodMy dream trip Egypt was beyond imagination but guide need do better time management.Show detailed ratings
- AMAdeleWritten on January 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentJust returned from the Egypt Nile Jewel tour, and I must say it was the experience of a lifetime. The tour was run by Timeless Tours and they did an excellent job. We were collected at the airport by one of the company representatives, and whisked through the formalities and driven to the hotel. At the end of the tour we were once again driven to the airport. We were 89 travellers divided into 3 groups according to the various travelling methods booked (cuise or feluca) and each had their own bus and guide. Our guide was SemSem, and you couldn't hope to find a better guide. He is extremely knowledgeable, is well spoken and and a great organiser. The hotels where we stayed were good, the hotel in Hurghada being the nicest as well as all inclusive, and with a heated pool for the winter months. The Nile cruise was a highlight of the tour. At all times we felt extremely safe, there are security checkpoints, and armed security at many of the sites, and occasionally a security guard will accompany the bus on part of its journey. This is not because of any danger, but precautions taken by the government to ensure the safety of tourists. Some of the mornings had really early starts (going to the airport for flight to Aswan, and also for Abul Simbel trip) but were totally worth it. Egypt has so much to see, and 9 days is just barely enough for you to cover the most popular attractions. If I had the opportunity, I would do another Egypt tour in a hearbeat! If you are lucky enough to get SemSem for your guide, you will be very lucky and have the trip of a lifetime.Show detailed ratings
- AnissaWritten on January 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentI went on the 9 day Jewel Nile throughout Egypt. My guide, SemSem, really us what made this tour amazing. I highly recommend asking for SemSem to be your guide. The other guides are great as well, but SemSem is a cut above the rest. His knowledge and passion for his home country really shown through. I have been on 3 expat tours so far and this one was the best by far.Show detailed ratings
- RITAWritten on December 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing experience and can thoroughly recommend this tour. SemSem the Tour Guide was amazing and an assett to the Egyptian Travel Industry.Show detailed ratings
- DGDarrylWritten on November 12, 20174.0 - GoodThis one of the best holidays we have had, this was the first time we have holidayed with a tour group such as this, we met some amazing people from all around the world, our tour guide Semsem was a wealth of knowledge, friendly, fun and organised, he was nothing short of outstanding. After arriving at the airport we were met and assisted through customs which made things quick and easy, then taken to the hotel and again assisted to check in. We went to our room and it was nice, clean and tidy, we were very happy with it, the hotel facilities very good and the service was sometimes slow but overall very good. The food at the hotel was average to good a little disappointed in the buffet (but this could have been just our taste in food). Our tour guide arranged a meet and greet meeting the first night for all of us on the tour and the gave us a heads up on what was going to happen we found this a great help and got to meet some of the others. The tour started the next day and what an experience the pyramid's, sphinx, camel ride etc. above and beyond my expectations. This gave us high expectations for the rest of the tour and we weren't disappointed the tour got better and better each day. The accommodation we stayed in, at the different destinations was all above average, the cruise was great could not fault it, rooms, food, service, and the staff were the best on the tour by far at any of the accommodation. The stay at Hurgarda was also amazing, just a bit of time to relax. Aswan, Luxor all the locations are a must see our advice is do all the extra activities Adu Sembel, the balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings etc. as you won't be disappointed in any of them. There is some early starts to the days so be prepared for those, there is a lot of walking but that was to be expected, the tour can be hectic at times as there is a lot to fit in and a couple of bus trips between destinations were long, our advise is miss these bus trips and fly as the option is available. The question is would we go back and do it again? - YES most definitely. Would I recommend the tour to anyone else? - YES most definitely in fact we already have Value for money? - Excellent Did we feel safe? - At no time throughout the time we spent in Egypt did we feel unsafe When we go back we will requesting that our tour guide Semsem be our tour guide again. We can't speak highly enough of him and his passion for his country and professionalism for the entire tour. Enjoy your trip to Egypt Darryl and AnitaShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Cairo
- Day 2: Giza Pyramids - Sphinx - Sakkara
- Day 3: Aswan - Philae Temple - Nile Cruise
- Day 4: Kom-Ombo - Edfu - Nile Cruise
- Day 5: Luxor - Karnak Temple - Nile Cruise
- Day 6: Valley of the Kings - Hatshepsut - Hurghada
- Day 7: Hurghada - Free day
- Day 8: Hurghada - Cairo
- Day 9: Departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrivals day, and an included airport transfer will take you to your hotel when you touch down in Cairo. The tour generally starts from Oasis Hotel, however, please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released. Check-in starts at 2 pm and if your flight arrives early enough you will have some free time to explore the Egyptian capital or relax by the hotel swimming pool.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Both arrival and departure transfers from and to Cairo Airport are included in this tour.
What are the optional excursions?
Please see below the list of optional excursions in local currency, however, please note this is a guideline only and prices are subject to change:
The Sights of Alexandria. Price: $ 90
Memphis and Dashure. Price: $ 45
El-Mokattam Hill and Monastery of St. Simeon. Price: $ 20
Sound and Light Show at Giza Pyramids. Price: $ 36
Open Buffet Dinner on Nile Cruise. Price: $ 36
Hot Air Balloon Ride Over the West Bank of Luxor. Price: $ 130
Valley of the Kings. Price: E£ 104
Hatshepsut Temple. Price: E£ 52
Abu Simbel Temple. Price: $ 90
Dinner in a Nubian House. Price: $ 22
Philae Temple. Price: E£ 80
The High Dam. Price: E£ 30
Giza Pyramids & The Sphinx. Price: E£ 80
Pyramid of Djoser. Price: E£ 80
Egyptian Museum. Price: E£ 85
Temple of Kom-Ombo. Price: E£ 50
Edfu Temple. Price: E£ 60
Karnak Temple. Price: E£ 80
Luxor Temple. Price: E£ 80
Snorkelling. Price: $ 35
Scuba Diving. Price: $ 65
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi everyone, I'm Botrous aka Peter as my friends like to call me. Born and raised near Luxor where I..."
60 travellers met before going on their Expat Explore Travel Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$345$1,135-30%USD $790
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$345$1,135-30%USD $790
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$345$1,135-30%USD $790
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$345$1,135-30%USD $790
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Cairo5 seats left$345$1,135-30%USD $790
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$345$1,135-30%USD $790
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$345$1,135-30%USD $790
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to CairoOnly 3 seats left$345$1,135-30%USD $790
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,135Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$425$1,135-37%USD $710
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 September 2018 the full payment of $710 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $710 for Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 45 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 55 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 210 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $710 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,223 tours in Africa
- covered by 122 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 43 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days