Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 706
- +5 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- See the Great Sphinx in person
- Explore the Temple of Isis
- Give local Egyptian cuisine a try
- Go diving in Hurghada's seas
- Rather Poor
- HanaWritten on September 15, 20184.0 - GoodWonderful country with lots to see. Tour was well planned. Felt well looked after by the company throughout. Would highly recommend.Show detailed ratings
- BBrodieWritten on September 15, 20184.0 - GoodI really enjoyed the tour, but I often felt tired and overwhelmed, and so as a result I would probably like more time to allow for downtime etc. in the future. In addition, I would have liked more opportunities to allow travel to a supermarket or something in case I didn't like the few food options available, or to counter the fact that bottled water is necessary (given that tap water is unsafe).Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely recommend this tour even tho it was fast paced with many early early starts & long days every second was amazing! We had the best guide Sem Sem or as we knew him Simpson.Show detailed ratings
- LBLaurenWritten on August 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis was honestly the best experience! The tour was amazing! I saw everything that I wanted to see in Egypt and I now am totally in love with Egypt! The culture, wonderful history and extremely friendly and generous Egyptians! I cannot stress enough how amazing our tour guide Simpson was. He made us feel like a family, made us feel at home and had so much knowledge it blew my mind. We all loved him and will miss him. Everything on the tour was arranged well, the hotels and buffets were excellent and the staff were all so helpful. I will never forget this tour and our little family tour group and really highly recommend this tour to everyone and anyone. You will have the best time. Thank you Expat and Timeless travel so much!!Show detailed ratings
- SSushmitaWritten on June 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentMedhat is a knowledgeable and passionate Egyptologist, who is proud of his profession. He took time to explain in-depth the length and breath of History. Most of his lectures were through stories that were easy to remember and extremely interesting. We could re-live most of the ancient Egyptian History through his stories. Overall, Medhat is highly dependable, well-informed and professional! We, however,were fortunate to have two tour guides and the other guide was friendly and lively Ramez Emil. Ramez was social and was always ready to help people in every possible way. Irrespective of circumstances, Ramez's smile never faded and his personal approach to every situation was an asset to our trip. Ramez was also very passionate about Egyptian History and his knowledge was thorough and in-depth.Show detailed ratings
- DKDavidWritten on May 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentI thought the Tour was amazing!. Our Guide, " Peter" was absolutely fantastic. he did an amazing job. So knowledgeable and cared for everyone on the tour. It was well organized and I will be recommending this to all of my friends and family!Show detailed ratings
- VVictorDWritten on May 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentI HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE. This by far has been the most adventurous trip I have been on. The optional tours were exceptional but most of all out Tour Guide Rames was excellent. He is funny, witty and understanding. Rames is an expert egyptologist and knows his history very well. He makes all of the history relatable and understandable for all the information we needed to learn. I will truly miss him and the experience we shared together. We were a group of 25 and it honestly was extremely fun and there were activities for everyone. DO NOT MISS THE Balloon ride it was a highlight for me! Thanks to Expat ExploreShow detailed ratings
- VVictorDWritten on May 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentSmill Written on February 28, 2017 5.0 - Excellent I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE. This by far has been the most adventurous trip I have been on. The optional tours were exceptional but most of all out Tour Guide Rames was excellent. He is funny, witty and understanding. Rames is an expert egyptologist and knows his history very well. He makes all of the history relatable and understandable for all the information we needed to learn. I will truly miss him and the experience we shared together. We were a group of 25 and it honestly was extremely fun and there were activities for everyone. DO NOT MISS THE Balloon ride it was a highlight for meShow detailed ratings
- ALAlanWritten on April 3, 20183.5 - GoodWe thought the itinerary was too rushed. One extra day on the Nile cruise ship would have made a big difference, to have less attractions crammed into each day and reduce the number of early starts. The guide was pleasant enough but she did not have a strong voice and also had a very strong accent, which made her very difficult to understand. I spoke to some others in our group, who made the same comment and, like me (and my partner), pretty much gave up after the first couple of days. We overheard several other tour guides during our trip and they all spoke clearly, gave precise instructions and were easy to understand. Her time keeping was also extremely poor. At the first site, Sakkara, a few people in the group were confused about where we were to meet. The guide proceeded to read the riot act to the whole group, saying we must be sure we know where and when to meet and to fail to do so was to not show her the appropriate level of respect. I thought this was inappropriate because only a few people from the group were involved, they had made a mistake not wilfully disregarded her instructions and they had already apologized to her and assured her it would not happen again. For the rest of the tour, the main offender in not being at the time and place arranged after site visits was - our guide! Twenty minute stops were routinely 30-40 minutes. At the Sphinx, we were told we could have 15 minutes at the site. When this was met with a stony silence from the group, it was extended to 20 minutes, still an absurdly short period of time to appreciate one of the world's most iconic structures. We then spent 1 HOUR and 20 minutes at a shop selling oils! The guide was the last person back on the bus, saying she was sorry she was so late but she seemed to think it was rather funny! On the way back from Abu Simbel we were running late returning to the boat - and our guide had the bus stop on the way so she could meet her sister and get something from her! We had arrived in Aswan early the previous afternoon, so she could have met her sister that afternoon or evening, rather than use the tour bus as her taxi. Speaking to several others in the group, they agreed our guide's behaviour was unprofessional.Show detailed ratings
- TWTerenceWritten on March 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe packed a lot into 8 days.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Cairo
- Day 2: Giza Pyramids - Sphinx - Sakkara
- Day 3: Aswan - Philae Temple - Nile Cruise
- Day 4: Kom-Ombo - Edfu - Nile Cruise
- Day 5: Luxor - Karnak Temple - Nile Cruise
- Day 6: Valley of the Kings - Hatshepsut - Hurghada
- Day 7: Hurghada - Free day
- Day 8: Hurghada - Cairo
- Day 9: Departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrivals day, and an included airport transfer will take you to your hotel when you touch down in Cairo. The tour generally starts from Oasis Hotel, however, please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released. Check-in starts at 2 pm and if your flight arrives early enough you will have some free time to explore the Egyptian capital or relax by the hotel swimming pool.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Both arrival and departure transfers from and to Cairo Airport are included in this tour.
What are the optional excursions?
Please see below the list of optional excursions in local currency, however, please note this is a guideline only and prices are subject to change:
The Sights of Alexandria. Price: $ 90
Memphis and Dashure. Price: $ 45
El-Mokattam Hill and Monastery of St. Simeon. Price: $ 20
Sound and Light Show at Giza Pyramids. Price: $ 36
Open Buffet Dinner on Nile Cruise. Price: $ 36
Hot Air Balloon Ride Over the West Bank of Luxor. Price: $ 130
Valley of the Kings. Price: E£ 104
Hatshepsut Temple. Price: E£ 52
Abu Simbel Temple. Price: $ 90
Dinner in a Nubian House. Price: $ 22
Philae Temple. Price: E£ 80
The High Dam. Price: E£ 30
Giza Pyramids & The Sphinx. Price: E£ 80
Pyramid of Djoser. Price: E£ 80
Egyptian Museum. Price: E£ 85
Temple of Kom-Ombo. Price: E£ 50
Edfu Temple. Price: E£ 60
Karnak Temple. Price: E£ 80
Luxor Temple. Price: E£ 80
Snorkelling. Price: $ 35
Scuba Diving. Price: $ 65
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi everyone, I'm Botrous aka Peter as my friends like to call me. Born and raised near Luxor where I..."
61 travellers met before going on their Expat Explore Travel Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$45USD $1,090
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Cairo7 seats left$377$1,135-33%USD $758
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to CairoOnly 1 seat left$377$1,135-33%USD $758
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$45USD $1,090
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$45USD $1,090
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Cairo6 seats left$429$1,135-38%USD $706
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to CairoOnly 2 seats left$429$1,135-38%USD $706
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$45USD $1,090
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to CairoOnly 3 seats left$377$1,135-33%USD $758
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$429$1,135-38%USD $706
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 November 2018 the full payment of $706 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $706 for Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 45 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 55 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 210 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $706 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,507 tours in Africa
- covered by 139 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 50 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days