Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 775
- +5 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat
- Rather Poor
- AMAdeleWritten on January 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentJust returned from the Egypt Nile Jewel tour, and I must say it was the experience of a lifetime. The tour was run by Timeless Tours and they did an excellent job. We were collected at the airport by one of the company representatives, and whisked through the formalities and driven to the hotel. At the end of the tour we were once again driven to the airport. We were 89 travellers divided into 3 groups according to the various travelling methods booked (cuise or feluca) and each had their own bus and guide. Our guide was SemSem, and you couldn't hope to find a better guide. He is extremely knowledgeable, is well spoken and and a great organiser. The hotels where we stayed were good, the hotel in Hurghada being the nicest as well as all inclusive, and with a heated pool for the winter months. The Nile cruise was a highlight of the tour. At all times we felt extremely safe, there are security checkpoints, and armed security at many of the sites, and occasionally a security guard will accompany the bus on part of its journey. This is not because of any danger, but precautions taken by the government to ensure the safety of tourists. Some of the mornings had really early starts (going to the airport for flight to Aswan, and also for Abul Simbel trip) but were totally worth it. Egypt has so much to see, and 9 days is just barely enough for you to cover the most popular attractions. If I had the opportunity, I would do another Egypt tour in a hearbeat! If you are lucky enough to get SemSem for your guide, you will be very lucky and have the trip of a lifetime.Show detailed ratings
- AnissaWritten on January 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentI went on the 9 day Jewel Nile throughout Egypt. My guide, SemSem, really us what made this tour amazing. I highly recommend asking for SemSem to be your guide. The other guides are great as well, but SemSem is a cut above the rest. His knowledge and passion for his home country really shown through. I have been on 3 expat tours so far and this one was the best by far.Show detailed ratings
- RITAWritten on December 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing experience and can thoroughly recommend this tour. SemSem the Tour Guide was amazing and an assett to the Egyptian Travel Industry.Show detailed ratings
- DGDarrylWritten on November 12, 20174.0 - GoodThis one of the best holidays we have had, this was the first time we have holidayed with a tour group such as this, we met some amazing people from all around the world, our tour guide Semsem was a wealth of knowledge, friendly, fun and organised, he was nothing short of outstanding. After arriving at the airport we were met and assisted through customs which made things quick and easy, then taken to the hotel and again assisted to check in. We went to our room and it was nice, clean and tidy, we were very happy with it, the hotel facilities very good and the service was sometimes slow but overall very good. The food at the hotel was average to good a little disappointed in the buffet (but this could have been just our taste in food). Our tour guide arranged a meet and greet meeting the first night for all of us on the tour and the gave us a heads up on what was going to happen we found this a great help and got to meet some of the others. The tour started the next day and what an experience the pyramid's, sphinx, camel ride etc. above and beyond my expectations. This gave us high expectations for the rest of the tour and we weren't disappointed the tour got better and better each day. The accommodation we stayed in, at the different destinations was all above average, the cruise was great could not fault it, rooms, food, service, and the staff were the best on the tour by far at any of the accommodation. The stay at Hurgarda was also amazing, just a bit of time to relax. Aswan, Luxor all the locations are a must see our advice is do all the extra activities Adu Sembel, the balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings etc. as you won't be disappointed in any of them. There is some early starts to the days so be prepared for those, there is a lot of walking but that was to be expected, the tour can be hectic at times as there is a lot to fit in and a couple of bus trips between destinations were long, our advise is miss these bus trips and fly as the option is available. The question is would we go back and do it again? - YES most definitely. Would I recommend the tour to anyone else? - YES most definitely in fact we already have Value for money? - Excellent Did we feel safe? - At no time throughout the time we spent in Egypt did we feel unsafe When we go back we will requesting that our tour guide Semsem be our tour guide again. We can't speak highly enough of him and his passion for his country and professionalism for the entire tour. Enjoy your trip to Egypt Darryl and AnitaShow detailed ratings
- KKerryWritten on September 15, 20174.0 - GoodExcellent value the local agents Tineless tours did a fantastic job re security sticking to schedule and keeping us cobtentShow detailed ratings
- RReeceWritten on February 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentIn recent years Egypt has gained a reputation for being a dangerous place to travel and as such tourism has declined significantly. But having done the 9 day Nile Jewel Tour in mid February I don’t think that should discourage anyone from heading there. At no point on the tour did I feel unsafe or in danger and it truly is a mind blowing experience. For a (pretty much) turnkey 9 day experience the Tour offers exceptional value for money including accommodation, transport and (most) food. Access to the sites are additional but generally they’re no more than USD6-8 per site. Additionally you can expect to pay for a few lunches, drinks, souvenirs and tips. The Tour also offers a wide range of optional excursions – dinners with locals, historical sites, snorkelling etc. - ranging in price between USD20 – 130. Starting and finishing in Cairo the Tour includes Airport pick up and drop off. From the time you’re picked up you’re under the care of the organisers and they do a great job of exhibiting the best of Egypt while sheltering you from the worst because truth be known, Egypt can be an assault on the senses at times (think India, as a comparison). The streets are dirty, animals roam free, English is scarce and the locals can be pushy. While it can be challenging, it pays to remind yourself that they’re just trying to make a living in a country where a living often isn’t easy to come by. Our tour comprised about thirty people from a wide range of countries. Most were aged between 25 and 35 but there were also a few people younger and older. Our leader, Peter (Botrous), was an Egyptian local with 13 years experience tour guiding, fluent English and an infectious enthusiasm for his home country. He possessed an incredible knowledge of Egypt and an obvious desire to keep people satisfied and safe while under his watch. Transport through the Tour was predominantly by bus, most notably a 12 hour overnight trip (Cairo to Aswan) and another 6 hour overnight trip (Hurghada to Cairo). While that may sound daunting the bus is fairly comfortable and has a toilet on board too. In lieu of the felucca we opted for the 3 day Nile cruise which starts in Aswan and finishes in Luxor. The boat is probably best described as Egyptian luxury, comprising four storeys, spacious two bed en suite rooms and an upper sun deck with buffet breakfasts and dinners. When we weren’t moored or on side excursions, days were typically spent on the sun deck admiring the Nile and it’s beautiful surroundings while sipping away on Luxor, the local beer. Meals were largely accounted for on the Tour and typically comprised an array of buffet breads, salads, hot vegetables and meat. The food was usually fresh and the options diverse enough to suit the more discerning taste buds. While alcohol isn’t displayed or consumed publicly by the locals; beer, wine and cocktails were normally available throughout the trip. No trip to Egypt would be complete without a visit to the Pyramids of Giza which are known as one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, for good reason! Situated on the outskirts of Cairo they’re an incredibly mind blowing site that’ll leave you in awe of our 3,000 year old ancestors. While at the pyramids you can choose to ride camels before moving onto the Sphinx. We also went to the evening Light & Sound show and while the lights were impressive we left a little disappointed by the show itself which is probably about twenty years out of date. Outside Cairo we visited a number of influential and awe-inspiring temples, a dam (not so awe-inspiring), a couple of museums and the Red Sea. When you think Egypt you think desert and for the most part that holds true, miles and miles of sand. But we were surprised to see large swathes of lush green plantation, presumably assisted by the fertile flood plains around the Nile. Within the cities it was interesting to see a landscape of unfinished concrete frame buildings with steel reinforcing protruding above. While not overly aesthetic, it’s supposedly a common method of avoid a ‘finished building’ tax. As a travelling destination Egypt isn’t necessarily easy. It has a dangerous reputation, an often unattractive landscape and a population of people reliant on income from tourism. But despite the challenges it offers a rich education, a unique history and an insight into life 3,000 years ago. With such an offering I don’t think there’s any real substitute for Egypt and I’d highly encourage anyone to give it a go.Show detailed ratings
- BJBiancaWritten on February 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was more than I expected! I got to see many of the great sights of Egypt with an experienced guide. I was happy with the different sights that were covered on the tour and the information that the guide provided- he was great! Unfortunately, before the tour, I received no pre-departure information. I found the communication with the "information" email address very poor, I had no idea which hotel I was going to or what details to give to my emergency contact, despite that I did email to inquire. I have traveled with other tour companies who always provide pre-departure information and i felt uncomfortable leaving without receiving any of this.Show detailed ratings
- RuaanWritten on February 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentIf you want to experience Egypt in all its glory, just give Expat Explore your money. This was an incredible tour. We learned so much about this phenomenal country and its history. Our guide, Botrous, turned a great tour into an unforgettable experience.Show detailed ratings
- JVJacobWritten on February 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was amazing! Our tour guide was very knowledgable and told us a lot of history and context to the sights we were seeingShow detailed ratings
- RPRobynWritten on February 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy boyfriend and I embarked upon the Egypt Nile Jewel tour, which turned out to be the most incredible time! There are few words that can do it justice, as we regularly found ourselves left speechless as we stood in wonder, while surrounded by the landmarks of ancient times. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough - especially when it comes down to Botrous, our guide! He's an absolute star and anyone who is lucky enough to have him lead their tour, will walk away with a life-changing experience in hand.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Cairo
- Day 2: Giza Pyramids - Sphinx - Sakkara
- Day 3: Aswan - Philae Temple - Nile Cruise
- Day 4: Kom-Ombo - Edfu - Nile Cruise
- Day 5: Luxor - Karnak Temple - Nile Cruise
- Day 6: Valley of the Kings - Hatshepsut - Hurghada
- Day 7: Hurghada - Free day
- Day 8: Hurghada - Cairo
- Day 9: Departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
What is the name of the cruise ship used in the tour?
Expat Explore cannot advise the name of the ship used because it varries depending on the departure date. It would definitely be a 5-star cruising vessel.
- November 1, 2016
How many people will be in the group?
This tour can have a maximum of 51 participants, and the majority of travellers fall in the 18 to 35 age category. However, the average group size for the tour is 20 or 25 people usually, so they do not usually reach the maximum capacity.
- October 1, 2016
Does this include multilingual tour guides?
All of the tours advertised on our site are conducted in English.
Guides who have led this tour
58 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Expat Explore Travel Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 14th April 20181 comment"Jim and Sandra from Los Angeles going."
- Departs 6th October 20183 comments"I’m so excited for this trip!"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sandra9th January 2018
Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayFeb 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 4, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,195
- SaturdayMar 3, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 11, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$420$1,195-35%USD $775
- SaturdayMar 10, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 18, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$420$1,195-35%USD $775
- SaturdayMar 17, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 25, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,195
- SaturdayMar 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 1, 2018to Cairo8 seats left$365$1,195-31%USD $830
- SaturdayMar 31, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$365$1,195-31%USD $830
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 15, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$365$1,195-31%USD $830
- SaturdayApr 14, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 22, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$365$1,195-31%USD $830
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 29, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$420$1,195-35%USD $775
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 6, 2018to Cairo0 seats leftUSD $1,195
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 April 2018 the full payment of $775 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $775 for Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 45 km
- Kom Ombo (Egypt)
- 55 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 210 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $775 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,074 tours in Africa
- covered by 100 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 58 travellers have already met
before they left for Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 37 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt Nile Jewel - 9 Days