Best of Morocco (2018, 11 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,295
- Explore historical Fes, Casablanca and Marrakech
- Visit Ait-Ben-Haddou, the ‘most beautiful earthen village’
- See the stunning Royal Palace in Rabat
- Meet the locals at Dades Valley and sample Berber tea
- Absorb Moroccan atmosphere and admire its scenery
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Plane
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- ColleenWritten on May 17, 20183.0 - AverageAbout my previous comment. In no way was he justifying killing in the name of the Muslim religion. He did say that they don't condone that. Perhaps I should have been more clear. I just didn't care for his comment about the kkk and killing in the name of Christianity. Perhaps he should be more educated on some topics. Or just not talk about things that may offend people.Show detailed ratings
- ColleenWritten on May 17, 20183.0 - AverageI just returned from the Best of Morocco and our guide was not very knowledgeable. There are questions I asked him that I knew the answer to just to see what his response would be, like “why do some women cover their faces and some don’t” his answer was because it was dusty and windy (so i guess its dusty and windy indoors too). Its a matter of religious preference and he should know this. When we passed McDonalds he pointed them out like we don’t have them at home. One day he talked for a whole 7 hours on the bus about random things that don’t pertain to the trip. He told us where we can take pictures and who we can send them to… it was so odd. One afternoon we stopped at a gas station for lunch (I kid you not). The stops along the way were stupid and they didn’t follow the itinerary. I missed out on somethings that they said we would visit, not take a picture of it from a distance. One stop he said we can take some pictures of an outside of a museum that we couldn’t go into and 5 minutes later take a picture of a fence with a sign. In most of the stops like in Fes for instance we stopped at a rug place, a tannery and where they weave fabric. All with a hard sell on buying the goods and the tour guide gets a kick back if anyone buys the goods. At the fabric place upon closer inspection of a scarf I can see where the tag was cut off like it was made in China or something. Same for 3 other places we stopped at along the way where we were hard pressed to buy goods. When asking the director if he can show me where a place is he pointed and gave me a general direction on where to go. Like I knew where I was… He talked about Muslim religion a lot and even had a stop focused on it. He talked twice about killing in the name of religion and brought up the KKK and how they killed for religion. Like no, they killed because they were racist. He stopped way too much (maybe so he can have a smoke break i dont know) which made for some long days and never had time to enjoy the hotels because we would get there really late. The food at the hotels was dulled down and had no flavor (except for the sweets). I didn’t eat for 5 days because I couldn’t taste anything. I had complained while on the trip and insight informed him that he had some complaints prior to finishing and so he took it upon himself to have a little speech about it that was awkward and uncomfortable. One traveler then wrote a letter pressuring people to sign it saying that the guide was great... basically to single out who complained. Insight should not have said anything to the guide prior to ending the trip. And then he was saying the hotels were the best… well upon a little trip advisor search, no they were not and it seems like they were sticking to a chain of hotels like Insight has a contract with them to use those hotels. Morocco is beautiful and I probably would have had a better time with another company... or perhaps with another tour guide. About my previous comment. In no way was he justifying killing in the name of the Muslim religion. He did say that they don't condone that. Perhaps I should have been more clear. I just didn't care for his comment about the kkk and killing in the name of Christianity. Perhaps he should be more educated on some topics. Or just not talk about things that may offend people.Show detailed ratings
- MMMatthewWritten on May 15, 20183.0 - AverageTour was OK. I use to remember the pitch that was made that attracted me to Insight was that all hotels are in central locations. In most of the stops on this trip, the hotels was far out from the center. Some were not 5 stars. Compare Atlas Medina and Spa and Movenpick across the road in Marrakesh. In my 10 trips with Insight, only a few hotels were centrally located. I thought people go on holidays to experience the vibrant feel of the local color, the culture, the festival-like feel of the city. It appears that people like the 5-star hotel to sleep in for a few hours and spend most of the time out of the hotel. I prefer 4 star hotels in central locations so that after meals, I can step out to hear the sound of the city and see the activity of the people. In Insight -selected hotels, you go to sleep after the meal. I am slowly veering away from guided tours like Insight and Trafalgar and go for local tours who booked 3 or 4 star hotels in the center, but you see more of the local culture than the guided tours.Show detailed ratings
- KathrynWritten on April 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour guide was very knowledgeable, friendly and organized. There is no way I could have seen so much in 11 days on my own. I felt comfortable and safe the entire time while enjoying the magic of another world.Show detailed ratings
- SUSallyWritten on February 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentHassan our tour guide for this Moroccan exotic trip was the reason we had such a magnificent journey. His love for his country showed all of us how wonderful Morocco is. This was the most fun, exotic, and exciting trip, a must do.Show detailed ratings
- FLFelicityWritten on October 2, 20174.0 - GoodFabulous holiday in Portugal, Southern Spain then another to Morocco, Hotels good and well located. Name ID tags were hopeless.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Your Journey Begins
- Day 2: Welcome to Casablanca.
- Day 3: Imperial Meknes, Rabat and Fes.
- Day 4: Fes Sightseeing.
- Day 5: The Ziz Gorges to Erfoud.
- Day 6: Ouarzazate.
- Day 7: To Marrakesh.
- Day 8: Marrakesh, Pearl of the South.
- Day 9: Elegant Essaouira.
- Day 10: Return to Casablanca.
- Day 11: Au revoir Casablanca.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- MaElma, 45 years old25th September 2018
Best of Morocco (2018, 11 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Casablanca11 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Casablanca10+ seats leftUSD $2,350
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysTuesdayApr 9, 2019to Casablanca9 seats left$258$2,575-10%USD $2,318
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysTuesdayApr 16, 2019to Casablanca9 seats left$258$2,575-10%USD $2,318
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysTuesdayApr 23, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$258$2,575-10%USD $2,318
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysTuesdayApr 30, 2019to Casablanca9 seats left$260$2,595-10%USD $2,336
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysTuesdayMay 7, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$260$2,595-10%USD $2,336
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysTuesdayMay 14, 2019to Casablanca8 seats left$260$2,595-10%USD $2,336
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysTuesdayMay 21, 2019to Casablanca0 seats leftUSD $2,595Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysTuesdayMay 28, 2019to Casablanca7 seats left$260$2,595-10%USD $2,336
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Casablanca11 DaysTuesdayJun 4, 2019to Casablanca9 seats left$260$2,595-10%USD $2,336
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Casablanca.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Insight Vacations booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 December 2018 the full payment of $2,295 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2295 for Best of Morocco (2018, 11 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 88 km
- Rabat (Morocco)
- 118 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 53 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 153 km
- Midelt (Morocco)
- 145 km
- Erfoud (Morocco)
- 129 km
- Todra Gorge (Morocco)
- 45 km
- Boumalne du Dades (Morocco)
- 100 km
- Ouarzazate (Morocco)
- 61 km
- Tizi N'Tichka (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,295 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,637 tours in Africa
- covered by 153 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Morocco (2018, 11 Days)