Best of Spain and Portugal end Madrid (2018, 15 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 3,776
- Visit the Alhambra Palace and its Generalife Gardens
- See the finest collection of Spanish art in Prado Museum
- Stroll the streets of Segovia and view the Alcazar Palace
- Explore the Rock of Gibraltar and see the Barbary Apes
- Visit the Jerónimos Monastery and the Belem Quarter
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Plane
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- LLauraOKeefeWritten on July 23, 20184.0 - GoodWe are very unhappy with our very expensive high-end trip to Spain/Portugal with Insight Luxury Gold. We booked this trip eight months in advance, and even at the end of the summer (not peak rates), it retailed for over $6,000, and most people paid about $5,500 to go on this trip. We spent over $11,000 plus with airfare close to $15,000 out of our net income, eight months in advance in order to reserve what we thought was going to be a high end, ADULT experience. We had traveled to Italy with the Insight Luxury Gold product the year before, and were very satisfied, in large part because it was all adults on this trip. We had no reason to believe that Insight would foist young children upon us with such an expensive product. They have a trip to Spain for half this amount ($3,000), which is the regular trip, not their top-of-the-line luxury product which is Luxury Gold. We would have expected that if anyone was going to book Spain and Portugal with young children, they would have gone on the regular trip, and not the expensive one. We expected people with families with poorly behaved children to realize that bringing their children would impact the trip of people who were expecting to have an adult experience. We were stuck with a poorly behaved seven-year-old boy who was constantly jumping in the road and putting everyone in danger. He willfully disregarded his parents repeatedly. His mother was constantly screeching at him, and the entire experience completely spoiled the trip for us by the fourth day. We did everything we could to stay in the front to get away from him and we think our tour guide had no idea how bad things were in the back of the tour bus with him constantly jumping on the street and his mother constantly grabbing his arm and pulling him back. He went out of his way to disobey her, he crossed over boundaries where he wasn’t supposed to go on the trip and in general cause the deluxe vacation to go from being an adult experience to being an experience with hyperactive children. In total there was a seven-year-old boy and 11-year-old boy and a 12-year-old boy on this trip and they ganged up and wrestled in the lobby of the hotels! We have complained to Insight that for their high-end products that are very expensive, that they should offer a tour which is highlighted as one for families with children age 12 and above, not young children. Sammy’s older brother who is 11 years of age almost popped my husband's eye out with an umbrella that he swung around haphazardly. We were put in danger by these children on more than one occasion and overall had a very bad experience. We would not recommend Insight Luxury Gold for anyone who wants to have an adult experience as they clearly care more about their profits and taking money from completely selfish families who knowingly bring children that would be bored by a trip like this and have behavior problems and making their problems the problems of the people who are trying to enjoy the tour. We will only use companies in the future that have an option for us to only go on a tour with people who have children age 12 and above. We will not recommend Insight Luxury Gold to anyone anymore.Show detailed ratings
- MDMichaelWritten on December 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentYes the trip was a great overall experience with generally good hotels in good locations (quite a few had tea/coffee facilities missing in the room), local guides were good, tour director, coach and driver were excellent.Show detailed ratings
- KWKathleenWritten on October 22, 20173.0 - AverageThe Best of Spain and Portugal in May/June 2017 was a trip we wish we had not experienced. The guide was a "task master". He made the trip very tiring and excruciating. Both my husband and I came down with a virus due to the fast pace and long travel hours. We were encouraged to sigh up for all the side tours. We signed up for many of them and found immediately that the pace was far too rigorous for our abilities. We skipped and cancelled many of the extra excursions. They all sounded great but it was much too much time and effort to engage in all the side trips. The pace was already too fast and the travel time between cities far to long. We were getting up at ridiculously early times in order to be prepared to leave at 5AM, 6AM, and 7AM each morning. It was rare that we could get enough sleep. The tour guide was determined to be first in line for every venue therefore why we would leave early each day. It was exhausting. We both dragged ourselves around each day. After the first 5 days of the trip we both got sick. There were a number of other passengers that also became sick. We had to take many OTC drugs and eventually antibiotics to try to remain on the tour. Had we known the travel time between cities was longer than the time spent in each city, we would not have signed up for this tour. We also feel the tour guide was too strict and unforgiving in his way of handling matters. He treated us like children and did not appear to try to make the trip enjoyable and easy for all the old folks that were paying for the trip. I would not recommend this trip to anyone. My husband came down with pneumonia which was diagnosed once we arrived home. I had coughed my way across Spain and Portugal and it took several months to recover from the bronchitis and sinus infection I acquired while on the trip. I feel the trip had too much bus travel between cities. A shorter less involved trip might have made things better. The worst part of the trip was knowing the tour guide felt pressured to push us and encourage us not to drink too many liquids so we wouldn't need to stop for washroom visits. It was a grueling trip and convinced me not to go on another Insight Vacations tour in Europe.Show detailed ratings
- BHBarbaraWritten on May 16, 20174.5 - ExcellentToni, the guide was excellent. Great itinerary. Very comfortable couch. Very professional and polite driver. A happy tour due to highly organised and use of excellent local guidesShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Madrid.
- Day 2: Madrid of the Bourbons.
- Day 3: Segovia and Golden Salamanca.
- Day 4: Porto, Grande Dame on the Douro.
- Day 5: Holy Fátima, Ancient Obidos and Lisbon.
- Day 6: Lisbon and the Age of the Great Discoveries.
- Day 7: Seville, the City of Carmen.
- Day 8: Free Time and Flamenco in Seville.
- Day 9: Head for Gibraltar, the Costa del Sol and Mijas.
- Day 10: At Leisure on the Costa del Sol.
- Day 11: Dining with Locals and the Alhambra.
- Day 12: On to Valencia.
- Day 13: Along the coast to Peñíscola and on to Barcelona.
- Day 14: Barcelona Sightseeing.
- Day 15: Depart Madrid.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
Best of Spain and Portugal end Madrid (2018, 15 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Madrid15 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Madrid10+ seats leftUSD $3,775
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Madrid15 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Madrid0 seats leftUSD $3,775Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayNov 10, 2018to MadridNot available in your region
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to Madrid9 seats left$423$4,225-10%USD $3,803
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to MadridOnly 1 seat leftUSD $4,225Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$423$4,225-10%USD $3,803
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to Madrid9 seats left$423$4,225-10%USD $3,803
- FridayApr 26, 2019from Madrid15 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to Madrid10+ seats leftUSD $4,225
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$423$4,225-10%USD $3,803
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Madrid15 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Madrid7 seats left$423$4,225-10%USD $3,803
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSpain and Portugal
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Madrid.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Insight Vacations booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 December 2018 the full payment of $3,776 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3776 for Best of Spain and Portugal end Madrid (2018, 15 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Madrid (Spain)
- 68 km
- Toledo (Spain)
- 186 km
- Salamanca (Spain)
- 250 km
- Porto (Portugal)
- 171 km
- Fatima (Portugal)
- 52 km
- Obidos (Portugal)
- 71 km
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- 313 km
- Seville (Spain)
- 149 km
- Gibraltar (Spain)
- 81 km
- Mijas (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,776 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,367 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Spain and Portugal end Madrid (2018, 15 Days)