Best of Spain & Portugal end Barcelona (2019)
- Our saving
- US $ 3,776
- Tour the Alhambra fortress and its Generalife Gardens
- Witness the finest collection of Spanish paintings at Prado
- Explore the Rock of Gibraltar and see the Barbary apes
- Discover the major sites of Madrid, Lisbon and Barcelona
- Learn to cook paella and indulge in delicious Port wine
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Insight Vacations
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Madrid.
- Day 2: Madrid of the Bourbons.
- Day 3: Segovia and Golden Salamanca.
- Day 4: Porto, Grande Dame on the Douro.
- Day 5: Holy Fátima, Ancient Obidos and Lisbon.
- Day 6: Lisbon and the Age of the Great Discoveries.
- Day 7: Seville, the City of Carmen.
- Day 8: Free Time and Flamenco in Seville.
- Day 9: Head for Gibraltar, the Costa del Sol and Mijas.
- Day 10: At Leisure on the Costa del Sol.
- Day 11: Dining with Locals and the Alhambra.
- Day 12: On to Valencia.
- Day 13: Along the coast to Peñíscola and on to Barcelona.
- Day 14: Barcelona Sightseeing.
- Day 15: Depart Barcelona.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JJYSWritten on April 30, 20193.5 - Good
We enjoyed our trip through Spain & Portugal! Lola was an enthusiastic tour guide and Ruiz provided prompt and safe driving throughout the entirety of the trip. Bus was spacious and clean. A great itinerary although some of the optional excusions... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing your thoughts on the Best of Spain and Portugal tour with Insight Vacations. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. However, we acknowledge your observations and we will be sure to share it with our team for consideration when planning future itineraries. That being said, we hope that you were able to take home with you lots of amazing memories of your time in Spain and Portugal.
- TTomasWritten on February 26, 20195.0 - Excellent
We had an amazing experience with Insight Vacations on the Best of Spain & Portugal. April was a great time to go as the days were warm and sunny but the nights were cool and pleasant. Our Travel Director, Toni was such a fantastic host and really went... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThe Best of Spain and Portugal tour is a wonderful way for our guests to get a real feel for the Iberian Peninsula; therefore, we are very pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed your trip. Also, we are very happy to hear that our staff put in a lot of effort to make your time on the road one to remember. That being said, we are without a doubt happy to have hosted you and we truly look forward to welcoming you back for more amazing destinations.
- LLauraOKeefeWritten on July 23, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We are very unhappy with our very expensive high-end trip to Spain/Portugal with Insight Luxury Gold. We booked this trip eight months in advance, and even at the end of the summer (not peak rates), it retailed for over $6,000, and most people paid about... Read more
- MDMichaelWritten on December 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Yes the trip was a great overall experience with generally good hotels in good locations (quite a few had tea/coffee facilities missing in the room), local guides were good, tour director, coach and driver were excellent.
- KWKathleenWritten on October 22, 20173.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
The Best of Spain and Portugal in May/June 2017 was a trip we wish we had not experienced. The guide was a "task master". He made the trip very tiring and excruciating. Both my husband and I came down with a virus due to the fast pace and long travel... Read more
- BHBarbaraWritten on May 16, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Toni, the guide was excellent. Great itinerary. Very comfortable couch. Very professional and polite driver. A happy tour due to highly organised and use of excellent local guides
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is a single supplement available for this trip?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Discover Spain with Insight Vacations
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Tim Pendlebury
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Sara Tuppen Veloso
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- The Magic of an Insight Experience
- The Art of Traveling in Style
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Chelsea20th February 2019
Best of Spain & Portugal end Barcelona (2019)
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- FridaySep 27, 2019from Madrid15 DaysFridayOct 11, 2019to Barcelona0 seats leftUSD $4,225
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayOct 12, 2019to Barcelona0 seats leftUSD $4,225
- SundaySep 29, 2019from Madrid15 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Barcelona8 seats leftUSD $4,225
- FridayOct 4, 2019from Madrid15 DaysFridayOct 18, 2019to Barcelona0 seats leftUSD $4,225
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayOct 19, 2019to Barcelona0 seats leftUSD $4,225
- FridayOct 11, 2019from Madrid15 DaysFridayOct 25, 2019to Barcelona0 seats leftUSD $4,225
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayOct 26, 2019to Barcelona0 seats leftUSD $4,225
- SaturdayApr 18, 2020from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayMay 2, 2020to Barcelona0 seats leftUSD $4,225
- FridayApr 24, 2020from Madrid15 DaysFridayMay 8, 2020to BarcelonaOnly 1 seat leftUSD $4,225Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayApr 25, 2020from Madrid15 DaysSaturdayMay 9, 2020to Barcelona7 seats left$423$4,225-10%USD $3,803Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSpain and Portugal
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Madrid is the starting point and Barcelona is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 20 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 20 November 2019, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Insight Vacations. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Insight Vacations. Please familiarise yourself with the Insight Vacations payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Madrid (Spain)
- 68 km
- Toledo (Spain)
- 106 km
- Avila (Spain)
- 88 km
- Salamanca (Spain)
- 250 km
- Porto (Portugal)
- 171 km
- Fatima (Portugal)
- 52 km
- Obidos (Portugal)
- 71 km
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- 313 km
- Seville (Spain)
- 149 km
- Gibraltar (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,776 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,182 tours in Europe
- covered by 557 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Spain & Portugal end Barcelona (2019)