Rongai Route Climbing & Trekking Companies
See the best tour operators and trekking companies for the Rongai route (Kilimanjaro). There are 8 operators in Rongai route with a total number of reviews of 213 and average rating to 4.5 out of 5 stars.See all Rongai route tours
Best Rongai route trekking companies with reviews
- Acacia Adventure Holidays, 1 tour with 0 reviews
- Exodus Travels, 1 tour with 209 reviews and average rating to 4.5 out of 5 stars
- G Adventures, 1 tour with 0 reviews
- Intrepid Travel, 1 tour with 2 reviews and average rating to 5 out of 5 stars
- Kili Base Adventures, 1 tour with 0 reviews
- Real Life Adventure Travel, 1 tour with 0 reviews
- Viva Africa Tours, 2 tours with 2 reviews and average rating to 4.5 out of 5 stars
- World Expeditions, 1 tour with 0 reviews
List of Kilimanjaro trekking companies per route
- Kilimanjaro tour operators. There are 24 operators in Kilimanjaro with a total number of reviews of 1,788 and and average rating to 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Machame Route tour operators. There are 13 operators for the Machame Route with a total number of reviews of 11 and and average rating to 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Marangu Route tour operators. There are 8 operators for the Marangu Route with a total number of reviews of 12 and and average rating to 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Lemosho Route tour operators. There are 7 operators for the Lemosho Route with a total number of reviews of 153 and and average rating to 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Shira Route tour operators. There are 2 operators for the Shira Route with a total number of reviews of 2 and and average rating to 5 out of 5 stars.
How to climb the Rongai route
How do I prepare for the Rongai route?
Any physical activity you can do beforehand will help make your ascent more enjoyable. As for how hard you train, this will depend on whether you're aiming for the Uhuru Peak or embarking on a shorter journey and will be different for everyone.
When should I climb the Rongai route?
You can climb the Rongai route year-round, but it may be wet and cold which means you should be equipped with the right waterproof gear. Consider climbing between January–March and June–October. Note that April, May and November are the wettest months.
What permits do I need?
Each visitor will be required to pay a fee per person, per day for the conservation fee to help manage the national park, however, most tours will cover the permits and entry fees are included in the price.
Do I need a guide to climb?
Yes. All hikes or treks on the Rongai Route can only be completed with a licensed guide. Depending on what route you take, the assistance of porters may also be included in your tour price.
What are the climbing requirements for the Rongai route?
The Rongai route welcomes hikers of all levels of fitness and ability, but if you’re planning to reach the summit, careful planning and vigorous training is vital. Consider adding extra time to your itinerary to avoid altitude sickness and to enjoy your time climbing Kilimanjaro. Learn more.
What should I pack and what equipment do I need?
While trekking tour operators may supply some of the gear you’ll need, there are a few non-negotiables you will need that includes waterproof gear, a headlamp, sunglasses, appropriate hiking boots, personal medication, a non-disposable water bottle and a cap or a beanie for example. Learn more.
Mount Kilimanjaro routes
- Machame Route. Distance: 62 km, average duration:6-7 days
- Marangu Route. Distance: 72 km, average duration: 5-6 days
- Lemosho Route. Distance: 70 km, average duration: 7-8 days
- Rongai Route. Distance: 73 km, average duration: 6-7 days
- Shira Plateau Route. Distance: 56 km, average duration: 7-8 days
- Umbwe Route. Distance: 53 km, average duration: 5-6 days
- Northern Circuit Route. Distance: 98 km, average duration: 8-9 days
Rongai Route tours & trips
Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Rongai Route
8 days from $3,149 $2,362
- Enjoy superb views of ice fields
- Ascend through grassy slopes
- Hike through the famous "saddle"
Climb the "Roof of Africa" via Rongai route
7 days from $3,130
Kilimanjaro Climb Rongai Route
8 days from $5,279 $4,879
Kilimanjaro: Rongai Route
8 days from $4,130 $3,304
Kilimanjaro Rongai Route 7 Days
7 days from $1,920
Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route
9 days from $1,850
- Close to Kenyan border & only Northern route to Kilimanjaro
- Less busy & more remote hiking
- Best route for rainy season
9 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Rongai Route
9 days from $4,899 $3,968
- Lay your eyes on unique panoramic views from Northern Kilimanjaro
- Wander along a trail that is significantly quieter than other routes
- Keep your eyes peeled as you have a high chance of seeing wildlife
Kilimanjaro Climb Rongai Route 6 day trek, 8 day tour
8 days from $2,229