Northern Lights Exploration
- Our saving
- US $ 1,860
- Go sightseeing in Reykjavík, Iceland’s exciting capital
- Explore the famous Golden Circle sites of Iceland
- Cruise the Breiðafjörður fjord and savour local Hákarl
- Experience a spectacular crystal ice cave in Vatnajökull
- See the amazing Barnafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
- Step into the darkness and search for the Northern Lights
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- VFvincentWritten on October 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentOnly 6 of us on tour, really nice people, from Zurich, New York and Australia. We all had great fun togetherShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday:
- Day 2, Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday:
- Day 3, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday:
- Day 4, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday or Monday:
- Day 5, Thursday, Saturday, Monday or Tuesday:
- Day 6, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday:
- Day 7, Saturday, Monday, Wednesday or Thursday:
- Day 8, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday:
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Northern Lights Exploration
- Say Yes to Iceland
- Land of the Northern Lights
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and any time of the year that this tour runs offers an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. GJ travel will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights, and the length of this tour means there will be numerous opportunities to see the Northern Lights, making a sighting likely!
This tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences which make it a once in a lifetime trip. You will visit the crystal ice cave in Vatnajökull, cruise the Breiðafjörður fjord, see the Geysir geothermal fields and learn all about the elusive Northern Lights.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shereen22nd June 2018
Northern Lights Exploration
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayOct 30, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$68USD $2,189
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$287$2,257-13%USD $1,970
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$287$2,257-13%USD $1,970
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$409$3,219-13%USD $2,810
- FridayNov 2, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$287$2,257-13%USD $1,970
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$287$2,257-13%USD $1,970
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayNov 13, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$68USD $2,189
- FridayNov 9, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayNov 16, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$68USD $2,189
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$287$2,257-13%USD $1,970
- TuesdayNov 13, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayNov 20, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$68USD $2,189
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this GJ Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 December 2018 the full payment of $1,860 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1860 for Northern Lights Exploration, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and GJ Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for GJ Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 73 km
- Grabrok (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Deildartunguhver (Iceland)
- 21 km
- Hraunfossar and Barnafoss Waterfalls (Iceland)
- 92 km
- Stykkisholmur (Iceland)
- 17 km
- Bjarnarhofn (Iceland)
- 12 km
- Grundarfjordur (Iceland)
- 77 km
- Borgarnes (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,860 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,394 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Northern Lights Exploration via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Lights Exploration