Northern Lights Exploration - 8 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,927
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Go sightseeing in Reykjavík, Iceland’s exciting capital
- Explore the famous Golden Circle sites of Iceland
- Cruise the Breiðafjörður fjord and savour local Hákarl
- Experience a spectacular crystal ice cave in Vatnajökull
- See the amazing Barnafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
- Step into the darkness and search for the Northern Lights
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Adventure, Northern Lights
- Rather Poor
- SBSinaWritten on April 2, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was awesome to have Erik as a guide. He was super nice and informative. The only downside to the tour was that we felt some of the stops where a bit too long and others a bit short. And the expense of the hotel dinners though it was announced beforehand,... Read more
- JPJohnWritten on March 12, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Iceland is wonderful even with the cold and wind
- LMLisaWritten on March 12, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It was just about everything that was promised.
- LGLisaWritten on March 11, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great trip. Bus rides broken up by lots of stops. Loved all the various landscapes and impact from balconies and glaciers. Guide very knowledgeable.
- KKathleenSiouiWritten on March 1, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was excellent, we saw all of the highlights. The pace was very good, we saw a lot but it was not overwhelming and not boring. Our guide was outstanding. He kept us informed and shared information about the history, geography, and folk stories of... Read more
- NMNinaWritten on February 19, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Amazing tour—having a local guide provide authentic experience full of icelandic stories and legends made all the difference. Also, we had a storm and road closures...the local guide was able to reschedule our stays and stops so that we were able to safely... Read more
- CFCarlosWritten on December 11, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our guide was super...out tour was more efective with her.
- AnonymousWritten on November 30, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The Guide Ana and the driver are very nice and provide very good services. The bus seat has a wired design, it has a ring on the edge and sink in the middle, you feel like siting on a toilet lid the whole day, which is not so comfortable. The tour scheduled... Read more
- JTJasminWritten on November 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was an excellent tour - the itinerary was great, we covered so much in a short time. Our guide, Holm, was friendly and knowledgable. We got to see the Aurora on two nights despite challenging weather conditions! Would thoroughly recommend this tour.
- VFvincentWritten on October 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Only 6 of us on tour, really nice people, from Zurich, New York and Australia. We all had great fun together
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday:
- Day 2, Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday:
- Day 3, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday:
- Day 4, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday or Monday:
- Day 5, Thursday, Saturday, Monday or Tuesday:
- Day 6, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday:
- Day 7, Saturday, Monday, Wednesday or Thursday:
- Day 8, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday:
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Northern Lights Exploration
- Say Yes to Iceland
- Land of the Northern Lights
- TourRadar presents GJ Travel
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and any time of the year that this tour runs offers an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. GJ travel will do everything they can to increase your chance of spotting the fabled lights, and the length of this tour means there will be numerous opportunities to see the Northern Lights, making a sighting likely!
This tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences which make it a once in a lifetime trip. You will visit the crystal ice cave in Vatnajökull, cruise the Breiðafjörður fjord, see the Geysir geothermal fields and learn all about the elusive Northern Lights.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ross26th February 2019
Northern Lights Exploration - 8 Days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- FridaySep 13, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysFridaySep 20, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$60USD $1,927
- SundaySep 15, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundaySep 22, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$60USD $1,927
- TuesdaySep 17, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdaySep 24, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$85USD $2,758
- FridaySep 20, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysFridaySep 27, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$60USD $1,927
- SundaySep 22, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$60USD $1,927
- TuesdaySep 24, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayOct 1, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$85USD $2,758
- FridaySep 27, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$60USD $1,927
- SundaySep 29, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$60USD $1,927
- TuesdayOct 1, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayOct 8, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$85USD $2,758
- FridayOct 4, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayOct 11, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$60USD $1,927
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this GJ Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 August 2019 the full payment of $1,927 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1927 for Northern Lights Exploration - 8 Days, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and GJ Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for GJ Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 73 km
- Grabrok (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Deildartunguhver (Iceland)
- 21 km
- Hraunfossar and Barnafoss Waterfalls (Iceland)
- 92 km
- Stykkisholmur (Iceland)
- 17 km
- Bjarnarhofn (Iceland)
- 12 km
- Grundarfjordur (Iceland)
- 77 km
- Borgarnes (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,927 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,585 tours in Europe
- covered by 555 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Northern Lights Exploration - 8 Days via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Lights Exploration - 8 Days