Greece Discovery Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,770
- See the Temple of Athena Nike
- Visit the home of Agamemnon
- Discover the remains of Apollo Temple
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- GOGrantWritten on May 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentJust got back from a tour organized by Effie, guided by Eleni with Taki as our main driver and everything was stupendous. Way more than we were expecting for the money we had no regrets and would definitely do it again. The good: Eleni was an awesome guide who kept everything moving without feeling rushed and got us through all the big highlights in and around Athens. She had a background in classical archaeology and even did some field work in school so her knowledge of ruins and excavations was amazing. Our transportation was a very comfortable and cool Mercedes touring van driven by Taki who was an incredible driver capable of maneuvering that thing flawlessly through narrow winding streets. The first half of the tour was very busy with several stops per day and the last part of the trip becomes more relaxed with time on the islands and consecutive nights in hotels. Logistics were slick everything was always on time on point and Effie was constantly available to trouble shoot any problems. We decided to alter the tour to include a few more days on one of the islands rather than in Athens as listed on the standard itinerary and Effie was able to quote us and work that into our itinerary while we were on the road very great service. The bad: A couple of the included meals at the hotels were very lackluster buffet meals, but one of them (at Olympia) was also one of the best meals and times we had on the tour and it was never inedible food just uninspired. On Santorini, we had to purchase a day tour separately to see all the sites and then do the sunset on the cliffs. It wasn't particularly expensive but we got lucky and were able to split it with our tour companions. It would have been nice if that were included since Santorini isn't super easy to get around without a car and Taxis are very expensive there. The ugly: Nothing really. If you want to see all the high points of Greece at a reasonably price in pretty swanky accommodations and with the peace of mind of a solid organization handling the details look no further.Show detailed ratings
- ATAnnWritten on February 28, 20184.0 - GoodGuide accommodation travel very goodShow detailed ratings
- POPaulWritten on January 14, 20184.0 - GoodOverall my 10 day trip of Greece was a wonderful vacation. When we arrived at the Athens airport our transportation to our hotel did not show up. So we needed to call Travel Zone who instructed us to take a taxi. We did get reimbursed for the cost of the taxis but this was a very stressful way to start our vacation. When we meet with our travel representative Effie for the first time on day 0 she informed us of the cost of 45 Euros per person for monument fees. I could not find any information which was previously sent to us outlining this extra cost. I did not understand why this extra charge was not built in to the cost of the entire trip and prepaid prior to our departure. I was forced to use Euros which I needed for my vacation. Outside of the above our travel guide on the 4 day tour of Greece was very knowledgeable, well spoken, kind and considerate. The tour bus “GO Tours” was very comfortable and the bus driver was very competent. All the hotels were very satisfactory and the included breakfast and dinner were very good. The entire tour ran on time and our punctuality was stressed from the beginning. Overall I am pleased with my selection of this 10 day guided tour of Greece from Tour Radar, Fez Travel and Travel Zone. I feel that my limited time in Greece was spent very efficient, the dinner reservations for Xmas eve and New Years Eve recommended by our guides were excellent. Thank youShow detailed ratings
- XFXinpingWritten on December 22, 20173.0 - AverageAthens Hotel locations is not idea, too far from downtown.Show detailed ratingsFez Travel commented on this reviewDear Xinping, Thank you so much for your feedback, it is really important for us to hear from our guest. Avenue Hotel is brand new hotel in Athens which is opened 16 months before. The standard of the rooms are above 4* and the hotel is located on Sygrou Avenue. It is one of the main streets of Athens which offers great connection to city centre, both with bus & metro options. If you like to walk and explore the city at your own pace, you can walk towards to Syntagma Square from the main road - it will take about 20 / 25 minutes. It would be a great if we had explain the access within city, I am sure it would be totally different experience. Although it is valuable to receive your feedback which allow us to improve our services. Next time we use Avenue Hotel, I will ask our representative to give further explanation to our customers. Again thank you so much for your feedback, hope to see you on our tours again. Best Regards, Fez Travel Operations Team
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Saturday - Athens
- Day 2 - Sunday - Athens
- Day 3 - Monday - Athens – Argolis – Olympia
- Day 4 - Tuesday - Olympia – Delphi
- Day 5 - Wednesday - Delphi – Athens
- Day 6 - Thursday - Athens to Santorini
- Day 7 - Friday - Santorini
- Day 8 - Saturday - Santorini
- Day 9 - Sunday - Santorini to Athens
- Day 10 - Monday - Athens
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
What hotel will be used for accommodation?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
- November 1, 2016
Isn't the water too choppy for the ferry to operate to Santorini? How long is the journey? What alternative transportation could we have for the trip?
The ferry ride is rougher than summer period but it isn't really hard. The ferry departs from Athens at 7.30 am and reaches to Santorini around 3pm so it is a long journey. Alternatively, we could organize domestic flights between Athens & Santorini.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
Greece Discovery Tour
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$67USD $2,162
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$67USD $2,162
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$67USD $2,162
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$67USD $2,162
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$67USD $2,162
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$67USD $2,162
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$67USD $2,162
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJul 30, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$67USD $2,162
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayAug 6, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$67USD $2,162
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayAug 13, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$67USD $2,162
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Fez Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $1,770 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1770 for Greece Discovery Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Fez Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Fez Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 91 km
- Mycenae (Greece)
- 18 km
- Nafplio (Greece)
- 32 km
- Epidavros (Greece)
- 131 km
- Olympia (Greece)
- 118 km
- Delphi (Greece)
- 121 km
- Athens (Greece)
- 234 km
- Santorini (Greece)
- 234 km
- Athens (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,770 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Greece Discovery Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Greece Discovery Tour