Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy
- Our saving
- US $ 1,675
- Rather Poor
- MSMarilenaWritten on September 10, 20182.0 - Rather poorThe tour guide was very knowledgeable . Saw puglia as an introduction but thought it was an expensive tour for what you got .. dissatisfied with only breakfast included in the meals for whole week , the accommodation was disgusting and not always in the center of town . Don’t know where my money went ? Won’t do an exodus tour again ..Show detailed ratingsExodus Travels commented on this reviewWe would like to thank Marilena for her feedback, although we regret that she did not enjoy her tour in Puglia and that it did not meet her expectations. We are sorry that she was disappointed with the accommodation; the hotels used on the trip are all of a good standard and we have not received feedback of this nature in the past, nonetheless, we will keep a close eye on feedback relating to the accommodation in the future. We feel it is worth mentioning that on Exodus’ website, clients have given this tour an average of 4.8 stars out of a possible 5 (on the date of publishing) and we feel this is reassuring, however we are genuinely sorry that Marilena’s experience was not so positive.
- KKimKeninWritten on May 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis was a wonderful trip. We visited many, many historic sites and towns, including Alberobello and it’s Trulli houses, Matera and the cave dwelling areas, the Castellana caves, old olive groves, and much more. We had a wine tasting and tour through a beautiful old winery, we walked the coast along Otranto and stopped for a picnic. We had a fun (and funny) pasta making lesson and a delicious dinner in that same restaurant. Overall, the food was excellent. Our small group of 7 or 8, plus our guide Giuseppi and our guide in training, Agatha, made it easy to get to know everyone. Giuseppi was very knowledgeable, friendly, and spoke excellent English. We feel that we now have a really good sense of Puglia. We highly recommend this trip.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Lecce.
- Day 2: Transfer to Otranto; visit the historic centre; afternoon optional coastal walk or relax at the beach (seasonal); back to Lecce.
- Day 3: Morning guided tour of baroque Lecce; afternoon private transfer to Ostuni. Visit a masseria for an interesting olive oil tasting; free time in Ostuni.
- Day 4: Easy walk in the Ostuni countryside overlooking the Adriatic coast; visit the archaeological park of Agnano; cooking class.
- Day 5: Visit to the Castellana caves; on to Alberobello, known for its dry stone dwellings also known as 'Trulli'. Wine tasting and overnight in a traditional trullo.
- Day 6: Free day. Visit Polignano a Mare or Monopoli by the Adriatic Sea or enjoy optional activities in Alberobello.
- Day 7: Full day sightseeing in Matera, including a tour of the UNESCO "Sassi" district; overnight in Matera.
- Day 8: End Matera.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Edith, 72 years old29th September 2018
Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Lecce8 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Matera8 seats left$84USD $1,675
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Matera8 seats left$91USD $1,825
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Matera8 seats left$93USD $1,855
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Matera6 seats left$91USD $1,825
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Matera8 seats left$91USD $1,825
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Matera8 seats left$93USD $1,855
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Matera8 seats left$91USD $1,825
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Matera8 seats left$97USD $1,935
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Matera8 seats left$93USD $1,855
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Matera8 seats left$93USD $1,855
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Lecce is the starting point and Matera is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $1,675 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1675 for Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Lecce (Italy)
- 36 km
- Otranto (Italy)
- 36 km
- Lecce (Italy)
- 66 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 39 km
- Castellana Grotte (Italy)
- 12 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 55 km
- Matera (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,675 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,576 tours in Europe
- covered by 257 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy