Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy
- Our saving
- US $ 1,690
- Stroll the streets of Lecce and see its Baroque heritage
- Explore Otranto - one of Puglia's most charming cities
- Enjoy an olive oil tasting & a cooking class in masseria
- Visit the Castellana Caves, Italy's biggest cave system
- Go sightseeing in amazing Matera, a historic hilltop town
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- MSMarilenaWritten on September 10, 20182.0 - Rather poor
The tour guide was very knowledgeable . Saw puglia as an introduction but thought it was an expensive tour for what you got .. dissatisfied with only breakfast included in the meals for whole week , the accommodation was disgusting and not always in the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsExodus Travels commented on this reviewWe would like to thank Marilena for her feedback, although we regret that she did not enjoy her tour in Puglia and that it did not meet her expectations. We are sorry that she was disappointed with the accommodation; the hotels used on the trip are all of a good standard and we have not received feedback of this nature in the past, nonetheless, we will keep a close eye on feedback relating to the accommodation in the future. We feel it is worth mentioning that on Exodus’ website, clients have given this tour an average of 4.8 stars out of a possible 5 (on the date of publishing) and we feel this is reassuring, however we are genuinely sorry that Marilena’s experience was not so positive.
- KKimKeninWritten on May 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was a wonderful trip. We visited many, many historic sites and towns, including Alberobello and it’s Trulli houses, Matera and the cave dwelling areas, the Castellana caves, old olive groves, and much more. We had a wine tasting and tour through a... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Lecce.
- Day 2: Transfer to Otranto; visit the historic centre; afternoon optional coastal walk or relax at the beach (seasonal); back to Lecce.
- Day 3: Morning guided tour of baroque Lecce; afternoon private transfer to Ostuni. Visit a masseria for an interesting olive oil tasting; free time in Ostuni.
- Day 4: Easy walk in the Ostuni countryside overlooking the Adriatic coast; visit the archaeological park of Agnano; cooking class in traditional masseria.
- Day 5: Visit to the Castellana caves; on to Alberobello, known for its dry stone dwellings also known as 'Trulli'. Wine tasting and overnight in a traditional trullo.
- Day 6: Free day. Visit Polignano a Mare or Monopoli by the Adriatic Sea or enjoy optional activities in Alberobello.
- Day 7: Full day sightseeing in Matera, including a tour of the UNESCO "Sassi" district; overnight in Matera.
- Day 8: End Matera.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Darren, 54 years old1st April 2017
Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Matera8 seats left$135$1,855-7%USD $1,720
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Matera0 seats left$37USD $1,788Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Matera8 seats left$135$1,825-7%USD $1,690
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Matera8 seats left$135$1,855-7%USD $1,720
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Matera8 seats left$135$1,825-7%USD $1,690
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Matera8 seats left$137$1,935-7%USD $1,798
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Matera8 seats left$135$1,855-7%USD $1,720
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Matera8 seats left$135$1,855-7%USD $1,720
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to Matera8 seats left$135$1,855-7%USD $1,720
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Matera8 seats left$135$1,855-7%USD $1,720
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Lecce is the starting point and Matera is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 March 2019 the full payment of $1,690 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1690 for Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Lecce (Italy)
- 36 km
- Otranto (Italy)
- 36 km
- Lecce (Italy)
- 66 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 39 km
- Castellana Grotte (Italy)
- 12 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 55 km
- Matera (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,690 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,317 tours in Europe
- covered by 338 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy