Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy
Most Wanted Sale
ends on 22 Aug 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,608
Ask a question about this tour
24/7 Customer Support
Start in Lecce and end in Matera! With the in-depth cultural tour Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Lecce, Italy and 5 other destinations in Italy. Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- KKimKeninWritten on May 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis was a wonderful trip. We visited many, many historic sites and towns, including Alberobello and it’s Trulli houses, Matera and the cave dwelling areas, the Castellana caves, old olive groves, and much more. We had a wine tasting and tour through a beautiful old winery, we walked the coast along Otranto and stopped for a picnic. We had a fun (and funny) pasta making lesson and a delicious dinner in that same restaurant. Overall, the food was excellent. Our small group of 7 or 8, plus our guide Giuseppi and our guide in training, Agatha, made it easy to get to know everyone. Giuseppi was very knowledgeable, friendly, and spoke excellent English. We feel that we now have a really good sense of Puglia. We highly recommend this trip.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Lecce.
- Day 2: Transfer to Otranto; visit the historic centre; afternoon optional coastal walk or relax at the beach (seasonal); back to Lecce.
- Day 3: Morning guided tour of baroque Lecce; afternoon private transfer to Ostuni. Visit a masseria for an interesting olive oil tasting; free time in Ostuni.
- Day 4: Easy walk in the Ostuni countryside overlooking the Adriatic coast; visit the archaeological park of Agnano; pasta-making class in Ostuni.
- Day 5: Visit to the Castellana caves; on to Alberobello, known for its dry stone dwellings also known as 'Trulli'. Wine tasting and overnight in a traditional trullo.
- Day 6: Free day. Visit Polignano a Mare or Monopoli by the Adriatic Sea or enjoy optional activities in Alberobello.
- Day 7: Full day sightseeing in Matera, including a tour of the UNESCO "Sassi" district; overnight in Matera.
- Day 8: End Matera.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Lecce8 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to MateraOnly 1 seat left$79USD $1,886
- SundaySep 16, 2018from Lecce8 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Matera0 seats left$74USD $1,781Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Lecce8 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Matera0 seats left$74USD $1,781Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Lecce8 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Matera8 seats left$67USD $1,608
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Matera8 seats left$74USD $1,781
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Matera8 seats left$74USD $1,781
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Matera8 seats left$74USD $1,781
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Matera8 seats left$74USD $1,781
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Matera8 seats left$74USD $1,781
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Lecce8 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Matera8 seats left$74USD $1,781
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Lecce is the starting point and Matera is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 October 2018 the full payment of $1,608 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1608 for Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 243 km.
- Lecce (Italy)
- 36 km
- Otranto (Italy)
- 36 km
- Lecce (Italy)
- 66 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 39 km
- Castellana Grotte (Italy)
- 12 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 55 km
- Matera (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,608 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,984 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Puglia: Discover the Heel of Italy