Iceland Northern Lights & Golden Circle
- Our saving
- US $ 1,279
- Explore the Seljalndsfoss waterfalls
- Visit a lava cave in the Bláfjöll Mountains
- Snowshoe in the Reykjadalur area
- Hike the stunning Sólheimajökull Glacier
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Adventure, Northern Lights, Christmas & New Year
- G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavík
- Day 2: Reykjavík/Álftröð (1B, 1D)
- Day 3: Álftröð (1B, 1D)
- Day 4: Álftröð/Reykjavík (1B)
- Day 5: Reykjavík (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Rather poor by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- SSusan SWritten on November 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Would have been a 10 but the bus was oldReview collected by G Adventures
- JJanet MWritten on November 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It has to be the right person who would enjoy this trip and be ok with the weather.Review collected by G Adventures
- SSandra ZWritten on October 31, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
What we really enjoyed about this style of travel was the small group (14) and the activities. Our tour guide Jonas was also excellent. We loved the stay at the Alftrod Guesthouse and the special meals prepared by Jonas.Review collected by G Adventures
- AAngela RWritten on October 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great experience, excellent CEO who was really helpful, friendly and knowledgeableReview collected by G Adventures
- EElizabeth MWritten on October 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Tour was ecellent overall. Bus was comfortable and accomodation was also well selected. Our guide was fantastic. Kata provided us with some great information and communicated with us really well. The places we visited were stunning.Review collected by G Adventures
- MJMary Jane BWritten on October 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
If someone is looking for an adventure tour (not everyone is into this type of thing) I would recommend G Adventure because of our experience with Jonas Abel Mellado. He was extremely professional, knowledgeable and very good at meeting the needs of the... Read moreReview collected by G Adventures
- KKevin MWritten on October 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our CEO is 100% why I chose to give this tour a 9! Jonas Mellado was excellent! He became our life long friend and look forward to having him to our home on his next travels to Canada. Jonas was professional, caring, calm and could really read the group. We... Read moreReview collected by G Adventures
- KKyle BWritten on October 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I know it's not for everyone but I met the most amazing group of new friends from all over the world on this tour. Our guide Kata, was hands down the best guide I have ever had on a tour, she really became a friend and in my opinion, deserves one hell of a... Read moreReview collected by G Adventures
- JJessica BWritten on October 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I loved the size of the group.Review collected by G Adventures
- KKristine AWritten on October 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I liked the small group. You got to know everyone and have fun together. Liked having the same guide the whole trip. Evar was great! He was low key, informative and never made us feel rushed.Review collected by G Adventures
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the G-Adventures won’t be able to guarantee perfect weather conditions while on the tour.
That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences. You will have the chance to explore Icelandic capital Reykjavik, stand by the mighty Skogafoss waterfall, and go Lava Caving by the Blue Mountains. It's sure to be an amazing trip!
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Freda25th August 2019
Iceland Northern Lights & Golden Circle
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- SundayOct 13, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayOct 17, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$37USD $1,499
- MondayOct 14, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayOct 18, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$37USD $1,499
- WednesdayOct 16, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayOct 20, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$37USD $1,499
- ThursdayOct 17, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 21, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$37USD $1,499
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayOct 23, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$37USD $1,499
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayOct 24, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$37USD $1,499
- TuesdayOct 22, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 26, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$37USD $1,499
- FridayOct 25, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysTuesdayOct 29, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$37USD $1,499
- SaturdayOct 26, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayOct 30, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$37USD $1,499
- MondayOct 28, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayNov 1, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$37USD $1,499
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 21 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 21 November 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Gullfoss (Iceland)
- 95 km
- Solheimajokull (Iceland)
- 8 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 110 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,279 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,190 tours in Europe
- covered by 556 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iceland Northern Lights & Golden Circle