Iceland Northern Lights & Golden Circle
- Our saving
- US $ 1,385
- Explore the Seljalndsfoss waterfalls
- Visit a lava cave in the Bláfjöll Mountains
- Snowshoe in the Reykjadalur area
- Hike the stunning Sólheimajökull Glacier
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Home-stay
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- KSKathieWritten on January 23, 20182.5 - AverageI just got back from the Golden Circle/Northern Lights tour in Iceland. Our hotel was changed after it was confirmed to us The second hotel was subpar . We were to get 2 lunches, we got one. We never stopped at a hot spring for a dip. Your trip is only as good as the company they sub contract to. G Adventures, sub contracts your tour to another company in Iceland and the tour is only as good as the guide from that company. Your choices for the dinners are limited to what your guide will cook after showing you around all day. Be prepared to eat late. You will find good and bad reviews of the Iceland tours because of the contracted tours I was really disappointed at the hotel change and the failure to supply the second lunch. Knowing they sub contract their tours there is no guarantee that our tour will be wonderful or bait and switch. Ours was bait and switch.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Reykjavik
- Day 2 Reykjavik/Álftröð (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Álftröð (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 4 Álftröð/Reykjavik (1B, 1L)
- Day 5 Reykjavik (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Rather poor by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Rather poor by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the G-Adventures won’t be able to guarantee perfect weather conditions while on the tour.
That being said, this tour is packed with plenty of other amazing and unforgettable experiences. You will have the chance to explore Icelandic capital Reykjavik, stand by the mighty Skogafoss waterfall, and go Lava Caving by the Blue Mountains. It's sure to be an amazing trip!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
Iceland Northern Lights & Golden Circle
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$76USD $1,529
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayOct 31, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$76USD $1,529
- MondayOct 29, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$76USD $1,529
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$76USD $1,529
- FridayNov 2, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$81USD $1,629
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayNov 10, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$81USD $1,629
- ThursdayNov 8, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$236$1,629-10%USD $1,466
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayNov 14, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$81USD $1,629
- MondayNov 12, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayNov 16, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$314$1,629-15%USD $1,385
- WednesdayNov 14, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$81USD $1,629
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 December 2018 the full payment of $1,385 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1385 for Iceland Northern Lights & Golden Circle, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Gullfoss (Iceland)
- 95 km
- Solheimajokull (Iceland)
- 8 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 110 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,385 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,511 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iceland Northern Lights & Golden Circle