Splendours of Japan with Hiroshima Summer 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 5,448
- +14 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Visit the Imperial Palace Plaza in Tokyo
- Tour the Atomic Bomb Museum and Peace Park
- View Mt. Fuji at 2,300m
- City tour of Hiroshima and Osaka
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- CarolineWritten on April 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentAwesome itinerary and tour.Show detailed ratings
- APAbhayWritten on April 16, 20184.5 - ExcellentGreat tour, well paced for elderly people. Hotel locations were excellent.Show detailed ratings
- EWErrolWritten on November 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis tour was an excellent introduction to the special features of Japan: its history, culture, contemporary developments and aesthetic achievements. Well chosen events and locations meant we were introduced to Shinto and Buddhist traditions, technological advances, sushi making, traditional paper making, types of saki, and a wide range of geographical features from Mount Fuji-san to traditional gardens and samurai temples. Tokyo and Kyoto were focal points, but we also travelled through the Japanese mountains entering an amazing complex of roads and tunnels through steep terrain, tree-covered hillsides and cultural heritage sites. Our tour guide, Kaito, provided a continual commentary of interesting background and explanation. There were numerous high points and no lows.Show detailed ratings
- PHPaulineWritten on April 27, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour was excellent as was our tour directorShow detailed ratings
- SsofiaWritten on April 25, 20173.5 - GoodWe have just returned from 9 day tour. Our tour director Naggi was great. She did everything to accommodate all our needs. The locations and the hotels themselves were very good. It is true that the hotel in Nagano was not on the same level but we were brought in at the end of the very long day so nobody had any desire to leave the hotel for any exploration and we got an excellent opportunity to change into kimonos, experience Japanese onsen and had the great buffet dinner. My greatest complaint is with Trafalgar's itinerary. For the first day in the itinerary it says 'see the Tokyo skytree' but it should say " mention the Tokyo skytree". "5th station" on mount Fuji - none though there were weather problems. The worst part though was that we drove to the Goykayama in anticipation of washi paper demonstration but instead were had 30 minutes in Mr. Murakami house for the very mediocre presentation, drove an 1.5 hour to Kanazawa and then told that by the way tomorrow we should drive back to Goykayama to watch washi paper demonstration. How can any company plan such things?! If for whatever reason washi demonstration could not be done on the day of the tour they should have replaced it with for example pottery demonstration which Kanazawa is famous for. As the result when the group came back after 3 hour roundtrip it started raining and there was no time to enjoy one of the real highlight of the tour - Kenroku-en garden. The itinerary in Tokyo is very poor. They could have done Edo Museum, Asakusa (greatly overrated) and Imperial Palace (worth 40 minutes) in one day, leave out sushi preparation as optional but on the second day organize the day trip to Nikko. Moreover Nijo castle is the real highlight in Kyoto (not planned) while overcrowded Fukushima Inari (planned) is curious at best. Bottom line: the itinerary deserves C+ at best.Show detailed ratings
- RMRichardWritten on April 20, 20173.5 - GoodOur guide was excellent. The scenic highlights were Mt Fuji, the drive from Mt Fuji through to Kanazawa, and Matsumoto Castle. We felt that the tour undersold Tokyo and would recommend time in the bustling areas of Tokyo in addition to the areas covered. The hotels were in excellent locations and of excellent standard with the exception of the overnight in Nagano. That hotel was below satisfactory for the level of the tour with poor rooms, poor food at both dinner and breakfast and an isolated location which felt like the middle of nowhere with a view of a highway. Perhaps this was a necessity to break up the travel but it certainly wasn't great! The guide was a generous and knowledgeable lady who bent over backwards to accomodate the needs of those in our group. There were some extremely difficult people on the tour (who were also lowlights) and the guide handled them well. The Ryokan lunch was the meal highlight. It was very special.Show detailed ratings
- LSLarisaWritten on March 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was perfect! The accommodations were absolutely amazing. The meals included on the trip were all great. Our tour director, Keiko, was outstanding. All drivers did an excellent job. The only suggestion for the future, would be to help with transportation to the central stations coming in and coming back if our flights are not on the start and end dates of the tours, since we theoretically paid for the transfers from and to the airport, but never used them. Thank you very much, Trafalgar! We hope to go on another amazing trip with you!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Tokyo (2 Nights)
- Day 2: Tokyo Sightseeing
- Day 3: Tokyo - Lake Yamanakako
- Day 4: Lake Yamanakako - Mt. Fuji - Takayama (2 Nights)
- Day 5: Takayama -Gokayama - Takayama
- Day 6: Takayama - Kanazawa
- Day 7: Kanazawa - Kyoto (2 Nights)
- Day 8: Kyoto Sightseeing
- Day 9: Kyoto - Kotohira
- Day 10: Kotohira - Hiroshima (2 Nights)
- Day 11: Hiroshima Sightseeing
- Day 12: Hiroshima - Osaka
- Day 13: Depart Osaka
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Love Travel?
- Travel Today Sustain Tomorrow
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Can you name the hotels that the group will be staying in?
At the moment these are the hotels that the tour will be using, however these can change up until the tour starts:
- New Otani - Hida Plaza or Takayama Green or Associa Takayama - Kanazawa Tokyu - Nikko Princess Kyoto - Kotohira Grand Sakuranosho (Ryokan) - Authentic Accommodation - Rihga Royal - Sheraton Miyako Osaka
- November 1, 2016
Can I trust the tour operator for this trip?
Trafalgar is one of the high-end tour operators that we work with and you can definitely expect amazing levels of service, transportation and accommodation throughout this tour.
- August 1, 2016
What is the name of the hotel where the tour will start from?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sandra3rd May 2018
Splendours of Japan with Hiroshima Summer 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$227USD $5,448
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$227USD $5,448
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$227USD $5,448
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$227USD $5,448
- SundayJul 15, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$227USD $5,448Book Now Hold my
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$237USD $5,688
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysFridaySep 14, 2018to Osaka9 seats left$237USD $5,688
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Osaka10+ seats left$237USD $5,688
- SundaySep 16, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$238USD $5,712
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Osaka9 seats left$238USD $5,712
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Trafalgar booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 July 2018 the full payment of $5,448 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $5448 for Splendours of Japan with Hiroshima Summer 2018, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 115 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 30 km
- Ashi Lake (Japan)
- 3 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 84 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 169 km
- Matsumoto (Japan)
- 65 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 35 km
- Shirakawa (Japan)
- 38 km
- Kanazawa (Japan)
- 1 km
- Kenrokuen (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,448 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,500 tours in Asia
- covered by 187 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Splendours of Japan with Hiroshima Summer 2018