- Our saving
- US $ 4,283
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Explore Tokyo's history and culture
- Advance your culinary skills with classes
- Visit the amazing Japanese Alps
- Walk in a preserved ancient town
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- R(RobertWritten on August 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Best Freaking Tour Guide Ever!!!!! For over a decade I have been using tour companies to travel the world. It was the "Contiki" Japan tour that brought me too Matt. Mathew Cramier... It’s hard to describe a guy like him considering there aren’t that many... Read more
- SSamWritten on August 13, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Matt completely made our tour in Japan. He seemed to have a supernatural knowledge of where the toilets where and where we were going at every point on the trip, and would completely go out of his way to make sure everyone on the tour was happy. His... Read more
- LLaurenWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Going through Japan with Matt was incredible, his knowledge and spirit are completely unmatched. Matt made every effort to bring the group together with extreme success. His personal touches of having night time plans and a theme party at the end of tour... Read more
- NNicoleWritten on August 12, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Matt was my guide for my Contiki Japan trip. It was my first time travelling alone so I was really nervous about getting lost, making friends etc. Ended up being the most amazing trip and I feel that was mainly due to Matt. Not once did I feel stressed or... Read more
- BBlaineWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
At the end of contiki I was asked to complete a survey on how well I felt our tour guide had treated us on the tour and I could not find a single complaint with Matt. He was a good friend and extremely fun for the whole two weeks. Could not have asked for a... Read more
- IIonaWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Crazy adventure through Japan, Matt really bought the group together so no one was left out despite the massive variety of characters. We all had maybe too much fun!!!!
- JJessWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Matt is the most incredible tour guide. He is makes his tours so much fun while always being professional. He honestly goes out of his way to make sure you have an amazing and unique experience on his tours.
- OEOscarWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Matt is a great tour guide. He is friendly, outgoing and very professional. He will go out of his way to make sure everybody has an amazing experience. He gives helpful information and relevant cultural tips so everybody can get the maximum cultural... Read more
- BBridgetWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Matt showed patience while demonstrating his knowledge at every turn. Absolute legend!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Tokyo
- Day 4: Tokyo to Hakone
- Day 5: Hakone to Takayama via Matsumoto and Hida
- Day 6: Takayama
- Day 7: Takayama to Hiroshima
- Day 8: Hiroshima
- Day 9: Hiroshima to Kyoto
- Day 10: Kyoto
- Day 11: Kyoto to Mount Koya
- Day 12: Mount Koya to Osaka
- Day 13: Depart Osaka
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan Unrivalled in 30secs
- Travel Isn't About Where You Go...
- Contiki Experiences
- Contiki Munch
- Europe Summer Team
- Contiki Accomodation
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age range?
Contiki specializes in trips designed specifically for young travellers - aged 18-35.
Most of the travellers we book on fall somewhere in the middle. An amazing opportunity to meet like minded travellers on the adventure of a lifetime!
What are the group sizes?
In general, you can expect about 20-30 people on this tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia with a Sri Lankan background, the decision to leave home and..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Michelle21st November 2018
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SaturdayMar 16, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayMar 28, 2019to Osaka9 seats left$647$4,759-10%USD $4,283
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayApr 4, 2019to Osaka8 seats left$647$4,759-10%USD $4,283
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayApr 11, 2019to Osaka9 seats left$190USD $4,759
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayApr 18, 2019to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$183USD $4,565
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayApr 25, 2019to Osaka0 seats left$179USD $4,479Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayMay 2, 2019to Osaka9 seats left$190USD $4,759
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayMay 30, 2019to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$179USD $4,465Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayJun 27, 2019to Osaka10+ seats left$179USD $4,465
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayJul 11, 2019to Osaka10+ seats left$179USD $4,465
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayJul 25, 2019to Osaka10+ seats left$179USD $4,465
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 April 2019 the full payment of $4,283 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4283 for Japan Unrivalled, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 84 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 190 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 478 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 91 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 54 km
- Osaka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,283 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,665 tours in Asia
- covered by 556 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Unrivalled