- Our saving
- US $ 4,905
- Unravel Tokyo's fascinating history and culture
- Learn the art of cooking traditional Japanese cuisine
- Bask in the views of the picturesque Japanese Alps
- Walk the streets of a well-preserved ancient town
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Tokyo
- Day 4: Tokyo to Hakone
- Day 5: Hakone to Takayama via Matsumoto and Hida
- Day 6: Takayama
- Day 7: Takayama to Hiroshima
- Day 8: Hiroshima
- Day 9: Hiroshima to Kyoto
- Day 10: Kyoto
- Day 11: Kyoto to Mount Koya
- Day 12: Mount Koya to Osaka
- Day 13: Depart Osaka
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- AAmyWritten on August 10, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fi is an amazing trip manager! She was able to answer all of my questions and always went out of her way to make sure we had a great time. Having her as our manager made the trip nothing less than awesome.
- JJulianaGucciardiWritten on July 26, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
She is the most caring and excellent guide I’ve ever had. She genuinely goes above and beyond to make sure you have the most incredible experience and most memorable adventures.
- BBradwynnWritten on July 26, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Amazing tour, we saw so much in such little time. Very fast paced and high energy, much like our tour guide. We went to places we other wise would have missed without local knowledge. Almost all the accommodation was great one felt a little cramped, the... Read more
- RRileyToddWritten on July 26, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fi is the best, she would make anyone feel safe. Plus, she always got me home safe when I had a bit too much. 10/10 would get wasted with tour guide again
- RüveydaWritten on July 15, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
İt was really great experience and our guide was amazing thank youReview collected by Contiki
- AAarieJansenvanbeekWritten on July 15, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fiona brought her positive and enthusiastic attitude every day, her knowledge and help of the area was outstanding and everything she did made the whole group feel included.
- JJamieStaniforthWritten on July 12, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic tour with many wonderful sights. The boundless enthusiasm and sense of humour of our tour manager, Fi, really helped the group to bond, whilst providing information and background on the many stunning places we were visiting.
- CchrissysunitaWritten on July 11, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This tour was better than I could imagine. I went with very low expectations as it wasn’t at the top of my bucket list, but I was pleasantly surprised. Our tour manager, Fi, made sure everything ran smoothly and was always there at the beginning of the day... Read more
- LLukaSarinWritten on July 11, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fiona is probably the most comitted tour manager ive ever had, even when she injured her knee she was still giving it one hundred percent.
- EdwinWritten on June 28, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fi was absolutely amazing, super knowledgeable, and just an all around fun person. She made this trip so much fun, and so memorable. We went as a couple, and she did her best to accommodate us, and we truly appreciated it. Also she should be allowed to take... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age range?
Contiki specializes in trips designed specifically for young travellers - aged 18-35.
Most of the travellers we book on fall somewhere in the middle. An amazing opportunity to meet like minded travellers on the adventure of a lifetime!
What are the group sizes?
In general, you can expect about 20-30 people on this tour.
- Japan Unrivalled in 30secs
- Travel Isn't About Where You Go...
- Contiki Experiences
- Contiki Munch
- Europe Summer Team
- Contiki Accomodation
Guides who have led this tour
- "New Zealand born and bred who loves an adventure. I also love the outdoors, food, laughing and learning..."
- "Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia with a Sri Lankan background, the decision to leave home and..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Mia14th August 2019
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- SaturdayOct 26, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayNov 7, 2019to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$123USD $4,905Sharing a triple room
- SaturdayMar 14, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayMar 26, 2020to Osaka8 seats left$141USD $5,635Sharing a triple room
- SaturdayMar 28, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayApr 9, 2020to Osaka8 seats left$141USD $5,635Sharing a triple room
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayApr 16, 2020to Osaka8 seats left$136USD $5,425Sharing a triple room
- SaturdayApr 11, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayApr 23, 2020to Osaka7 seats left$133USD $5,305Sharing a triple room
- SaturdayApr 18, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayApr 30, 2020to Osaka8 seats left$136USD $5,425Sharing a triple room
- SaturdayApr 25, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayMay 7, 2020to Osaka7 seats left$141USD $5,635Sharing a triple room
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayMay 21, 2020to Osaka10+ seats left$133USD $5,315Sharing a triple room
- SaturdayMay 23, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayJun 4, 2020to Osaka9 seats left$133USD $5,305Sharing a triple room
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayJun 18, 2020to Osaka10+ seats left$133USD $5,305Sharing a triple room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 23 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 23 December 2019, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Contiki. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Contiki. Please familiarise yourself with the Contiki payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 84 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 190 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 478 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 91 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 54 km
- Osaka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,905 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 13,198 tours in Asia
- covered by 881 different operators in Asia
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 62 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Unrivalled