Budapest & the Balkans
- Our saving
- US $ 945
- Walk the streets of Budapest
- Soak in hot thermal baths
- Enjoy a cruise along Danube River
- Sample the local speciality, bosanski cevapi
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Sleeper Train, Apartment
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- JuneWritten on September 12, 20174.0 - GoodAwsm experience. Learned so much about the former Yugoslavia. Great guide, great group of travelers.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi June, Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We’ll pass along your positive comments to your guide and the rest of our global team and you can be sure that they will be very much appreciated. We’re delighted you enjoyed your time with us in Budapest and the Balkans and we hope that you will travel with us again soon! Intrepid Travel
- DNDeirdreWritten on August 14, 20171.5 - Rather poorIntrepid cancelled my holiday in late July 2017. I had previously paid for it in full (almost 1000 euro). They said they were happy to offer me a full refund but in truth I had to hound them to get my money back. I emailed them 15 times (all went unanswered bar 2) and I called regularly asking for updates about my refund (the phone regularly rang out). No-one seemed to assume responsibility and I couldn't a hold of anyone in customer care who would help. Eventually they put the money back in my account almost two weeks after they cancelled. I am shocked at how indifferent they treated me and my request to get my money back. I will never have dealings with them again. Very stressful.Show detailed ratings
- SShaynaWritten on April 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentI have lived in Europe and this area of the continent is just completely different than the west. There is so much recent history in this area. The great thing about touring this area is that travel days are very short. Our guide was amazing and it was only her first year! For a basix level trip the hotels were definitely above the standard I expected. I would absolutely go back to this area again.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Budapest
- Day 2: Budapest / Overnight Train
- Day 3: Belgrade
- Day 4: Belgrade
- Day 5: Sarajevo
- Day 6: Sarajevo
- Day 7: Mostar / Kotor
- Day 8: Kotor
- Day 9: Dubrovnik
- Day 10: Dubrovnik
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
I'll be having this trip with my 78 year old mother. At her age, is this trip suitable?
The age limit of 70 is just a recommendation, if the traveller is physically fit and healthy with young at heart mindset this tour will be fine. You might be required to fill out a tour suitability form as well.
- July 18, 2016
What is the average age on this tour?
The general age range is 25-49 however Intrepid's appeal is diverse, which is why it is all about your shared attitude, not age.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Eleanor G4th February 2018
Budapest & the Balkans
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- TuesdayMay 8, 2018from Budapest10 DaysThursdayMay 17, 2018to DubrovnikOnly 2 seats left$285$1,230-23%USD $945
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Budapest10 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to DubrovnikOnly 1 seat left$180$1,325-14%USD $1,145Book Now Hold my
- TuesdayJul 24, 2018from Budapest10 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to Dubrovnik4 seats left$170$1,250-14%USD $1,080Book Now Hold my
- TuesdayAug 7, 2018from Budapest10 DaysThursdayAug 16, 2018to Dubrovnik6 seats left$174$1,285-14%USD $1,111
- TuesdayAug 28, 2018from Budapest10 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$159$1,170-14%USD $1,011
- TuesdaySep 11, 2018from Budapest10 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats left$174$1,285-14%USD $1,111
- TuesdaySep 25, 2018from Budapest10 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$170$1,250-14%USD $1,080
- TuesdayMay 7, 2019from Budapest10 DaysThursdayMay 16, 2019to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$49USD $1,181
- TuesdayMay 21, 2019from Budapest10 DaysThursdayMay 30, 2019to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$49USD $1,181
- TuesdayJun 4, 2019from Budapest10 DaysThursdayJun 13, 2019to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$49USD $1,181
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary and Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Dubrovnik is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 May 2018 the full payment of $945 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $945 for Budapest & the Balkans, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 317 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 206 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 129 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 61 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $945 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,444 tours in Europe
- covered by 190 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Budapest & the Balkans
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers