Best of Iceland
- Our saving
- US $ 2,024
- +7 Destinations
- Iceland Ring Road
- Explore Iceland’s capital Reykjavik at your own leisure
- Try lobster in Hofn, a fishing town surrounded by ocean
- Spot seals as you float through the serene glacier lagoon
- Tread black sand beaches and explore the Golden Circle
- Marvel at the crashing Goðafoss and Dettifoss Waterfalls
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavík
- Day 2: Reykjavík/Akureyri (1B)
- Day 3: Akureyri/Borgarfjörður (1B)
- Day 4: Borgarfjörður/Hofn (1B)
- Day 5: Hofn/Vik (1B)
- Day 6: Vik/Reykjavík (1B)
- Day 7: Reykjavík (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- HalilWritten on August 22, 20195.0 - Excellent
Deneme asgjopasjfh paosfhopas aposkdfjhopasgShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewum - thanks!
- NPNeelimaWritten on August 17, 20193.0 - Average
Horrible itinerary. Whale watching that we prepaid got cancelled and heard from locals that g adventure pressurize to keep this in itinerary to attract most tourists,most of the time it gets cancelled. Need refund for that. Walk to glacier couldn’t do as it... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the honest review Neelima, and our apologies things didn't go according to your expectations here. I can see our Customer Solutions team have been in touch with you and we have refunded the 'Whales & Glaciers' bundle to you.
- FrancesWritten on July 19, 20194.0 - Good
The trip was great but was not really as advertised. It worked out but could have gone badly because it was not well described in the trip descriptionShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Frances - apologies things didn't seem to go according to plan here.Review collected by G Adventures
- BonitaWritten on June 7, 20195.0 - Excellent
The scenery was fantastic! The weather was cold but ok......I come from Canada( Ottawa- the coldest capital city in the world).The level of activity was fine for me.Overall, I loved everything !!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewWhat a fun fact! Thanks Bonita!Review collected by G Adventures
- RRoseMarieCulpWritten on April 28, 20194.5 - Excellent
Fifa made the tour GREAT. She was entertaining, flexible, helpful, positive, informative and kept a great pace. She added a few stops and made sure that everyone was able to experience the activity they were most looking forward to. Also, we were very... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Rose - we have the Puffins well trained :)
- BbrysonWritten on April 24, 20195.0 - Excellent
it was a great tour i strongly recommend g adventureShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks Bryson.
- SueWritten on September 15, 20185.0 - Excellent
The Best of Iceland tour with G Adventures was outstanding! Oliver was an excellent guide: knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, kept us on time so that we could see everything and gave us lots of great tips from how to save money to how to set our cameras to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! This is fabulous. Thanks for sharing your views, and thanks for choosing to travel with G Adventurws.
- ReneeWritten on September 15, 20185.0 - Excellent
Great tour! Iceland is a beautiful country.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYes, yes it is! So happy you had a great time. Thanks for sharing your experience.
- KKarinLongWritten on July 24, 20183.5 - Good
He was very attentive to the group and very informative...easy to talk to! He helped us out when luggage was missing.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewOh no! Glad to hear the luggage was sorted out!
- VahniBajnathRagooWritten on April 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Excellent tour, a few mix-ups with hotels, but overall very enjoyable tour!
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age range?
The group is a fun mix of people all ages ranging from 18 to 65. the minimum age for this tour is 12, however those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Where and when does the tour start?
Day 1 of the tour is an arrivals day, so you can arrive in Reykjavik at any time. This gives you the opportunity to explore your surroundings and get settled into your hotel. In the evening there will be a welcome meeting, where you will get to know the group you will be travelling with and review the tour details with your guide. Please be aware that the meeting point is subject to change until your final documents are released
Is insurance required for this trip?
Travel insurance is compulsory in order to participate on any of G Adventures trips. When selecting a travel insurance policy we require that at a minimum you are covered for medical expenses including emergency evacuation and repatriation. A minimum coverage of USD200,000 is required.
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Guides who have led this tour
- "Sawasdee Or Hello in English, pimm CEO (chief of experiences) from G Adventures through Indochina region..."
- "G'day I'm Blinky! I've been working in tourism for over 5 years now and I have loved every second. Originally..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- David17th July 2019
Best of Iceland
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- TuesdaySep 24, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysMondaySep 30, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$67USD $2,699
- WednesdaySep 25, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysTuesdayOct 1, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$594$2,699-20%USD $2,159
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$67USD $2,699
- MondaySep 30, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to Reykjavik7 seats left$725$2,699-25%USD $2,024
- ThursdayOct 3, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysWednesdayOct 9, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$62USD $2,499
- FridayOct 4, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysThursdayOct 10, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$62USD $2,499
- TuesdayOct 8, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysMondayOct 14, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$62USD $2,499
- WednesdayOct 9, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysTuesdayOct 15, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 1 seat left$62USD $2,499Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayApr 11, 2020from Reykjavik7 DaysFridayApr 17, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$62USD $2,499Instant BookHold my
- SundayApr 12, 2020from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayApr 18, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$62USD $2,499Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 22 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 22 November 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 248 km
- Akureyri (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Godafoss (Iceland)
- 27 km
- Lake Myvatn (Iceland)
- 144 km
- Seydisfjordur (Iceland)
- 163 km
- Vatnajokull National Park (Iceland)
- 84 km
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 239 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,024 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,219 tours in Europe
- covered by 554 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Iceland