Best of Iceland
- Our saving
- US $ 2,073
- Hike a glacier in Skaftafell National Park
- Lakes, waterfalls, and black sand beaches
- A taste of local Icelandic cuisine
- See the Geysir Hot Springs
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- VahniBajnathRagooWritten on April 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentExcellent tour, a few mix-ups with hotels, but overall very enjoyable tour!Show detailed ratings
- HRHowardWritten on August 7, 20174.0 - GoodOliver tour guide was fantastic, helped make for a wonderful trip. G Adventures was less than helpful and was not easy to work with. Would not recommend or use again.Show detailed ratings
- APAnnaWritten on July 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe tour was fantastic! Perfectly scheduled and very professional guide! I think I wouldn't have seen so many places and wouldn't have learned so many things if I had travelled on my own. Many thanks to G AdventuresShow detailed ratings
- GDGaryWritten on May 19, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour met my expectations fully and guide Biggy tried very hard to ensure that this was the case. Would recommend to tourists who do mot like large buses.Show detailed ratings
- CSCaraWritten on June 28, 20153.5 - GoodIceland is beautiful. I took issue with this specific tour as we spent way too much time in the car. The tour should have had more days and/ or less waterfalls. This is a newer tour and it will be likely (or I would hope) modified in the future. There was zero free time built in to the schedule. The guide was local and very sweet but didn't have the heart to tell us we would be in the car for as much as we did.Show detailed ratings
- FFrankWritten on November 27, 20144.5 - ExcellentIceland was on my bucket list for many years. I was finally able to tick it off last year. I didn't know much about Iceland and maybe that's why I was so in awe during the trip. I've recommended this G Adventures trip to everyone who has asked me.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Reykjavik
- Day 2 Reykjavik/Akureyri (1B)
- Day 3 Akureyri/Bakkagerdi (1B)
- Day 4 Bakkagerdi/Hofn (1B)
- Day 5 Hofn/Vik (1B)
- Day 6 Vik/Reykjavik (1B)
- Day 7 Reykjavik (1B)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 14, 2018
Is insurance required for this trip?
Travel insurance is compulsory in order to participate on any of G Adventures trips. When selecting a travel insurance policy we require that at a minimum you are covered for medical expenses including emergency evacuation and repatriation. A minimum coverage of USD200,000 is required.
- February 1, 2017
I'm on my 70's is this tour still suitable for me?
This tour already has some other passenger who are in their late 60's and 70's so this should not be too strenuous. There is a small Glacier hike included in the tour but if you decided not to participate in this activity it would be okay.
- February 1, 2017
What hotel are we staying on our first and last day?
The hotel on the first and the last day is KEA Skuggi Hotel or similar. The address is Hverfisgata 103, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Best of Iceland
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- WednesdayMay 23, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysTuesdayMay 29, 2018to Reykjavik8 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $104USD $2,495
- FridayMay 25, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysThursdayMay 31, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $478$2,599-18%USD $2,121
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $108USD $2,591
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $108USD $2,591
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $108USD $2,591
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 1 seat leftOnly 4 days left toSave $108USD $2,591
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysWednesdayJun 13, 2018to Reykjavik9 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $626$2,699-23%USD $2,073
- WednesdayJun 13, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats leftSave $108USD $2,591Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayJun 22, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $112USD $2,687Instant BookHold my
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Reykjavik8 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $112USD $2,687Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $2,073 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2073 for Best of Iceland, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 248 km
- Akureyri (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Godafoss (Iceland)
- 27 km
- Lake Myvatn (Iceland)
- 144 km
- Seydisfjordur (Iceland)
- 163 km
- Vatnajokull National Park (Iceland)
- 84 km
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 239 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,073 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,926 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Iceland