Best of Iceland
- Our saving
- US $ 2,073
- +7 Destinations
- The Ring Road
- Hike a glacier in Skaftafell National Park
- Lakes, waterfalls, and black sand beaches
- A taste of local Icelandic cuisine
- See the Geysir Hot Springs
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- KKarinLongWritten on July 24, 20183.5 - GoodHe was very attentive to the group and very informative...easy to talk to! He helped us out when luggage was missing.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewOh no! Glad to hear the luggage was sorted out!
- VahniBajnathRagooWritten on April 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentExcellent tour, a few mix-ups with hotels, but overall very enjoyable tour!Show detailed ratings
- HRHowardWritten on August 7, 20174.0 - GoodOliver tour guide was fantastic, helped make for a wonderful trip. G Adventures was less than helpful and was not easy to work with. Would not recommend or use again.Show detailed ratings
- APAnnaWritten on July 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe tour was fantastic! Perfectly scheduled and very professional guide! I think I wouldn't have seen so many places and wouldn't have learned so many things if I had travelled on my own. Many thanks to G AdventuresShow detailed ratings
- GDGaryWritten on June 30, 20174.0 - GoodThis tour fully met my expectations. Biggy, the tour guide did a very commendable job. Nothing was too much trouble for him to manage. The small group meant any problems were minimal anyway. The group gelled and everybody got on well. The scenery and places we were taken to were just great. The mix of accommodation styles were fine. I really enjoyed Iceland and would recommend the G Adventure style of travel to anybody of reasonable fitness and health.Show detailed ratings
- GDGaryWritten on May 19, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour met my expectations fully and guide Biggy tried very hard to ensure that this was the case. Would recommend to tourists who do mot like large buses.Show detailed ratings
- CSCaraWritten on June 28, 20153.5 - GoodIceland is beautiful. I took issue with this specific tour as we spent way too much time in the car. The tour should have had more days and/ or less waterfalls. This is a newer tour and it will be likely (or I would hope) modified in the future. There was zero free time built in to the schedule. The guide was local and very sweet but didn't have the heart to tell us we would be in the car for as much as we did.Show detailed ratings
- FFrankWritten on November 27, 20144.5 - ExcellentIceland was on my bucket list for many years. I was finally able to tick it off last year. I didn't know much about Iceland and maybe that's why I was so in awe during the trip. I've recommended this G Adventures trip to everyone who has asked me.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Reykjavik
- Day 2 Reykjavik/Akureyri (1B)
- Day 3 Akureyri/Bakkagerdi (1B)
- Day 4 Bakkagerdi/Hofn (1B)
- Day 5 Hofn/Vik (1B)
- Day 6 Vik/Reykjavik (1B)
- Day 7 Reykjavik (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age range?
The group is a fun mix of people all ages ranging from 18 to 65. the minimum age for this tour is 12, however those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Where and when does the tour start?
Day 1 of the tour is an arrivals day, so you can arrive in Reykjavik at any time. This gives you the opportunity to explore your surroundings and get settled into your hotel. In the evening there will be a welcome meeting, where you will get to know the group you will be travelling with and review the tour details with your guide. Please be aware that the meeting point is subject to change until your final documents are released
Is insurance required for this trip?
Travel insurance is compulsory in order to participate on any of G Adventures trips. When selecting a travel insurance policy we require that at a minimum you are covered for medical expenses including emergency evacuation and repatriation. A minimum coverage of USD200,000 is required.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
Best of Iceland
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysThursdayAug 30, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 2 seats left$112USD $2,687
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$112USD $2,687
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$112USD $2,687
- MondayAug 27, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$112USD $2,687
- FridaySep 7, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$108USD $2,591
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysFridaySep 14, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$108USD $2,591
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Reykjavik7 seats left$108USD $2,591
- MondaySep 10, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$108USD $2,591
- WednesdaySep 12, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysTuesdaySep 18, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 2 seats left$108USD $2,591
- FridaySep 14, 2018from Reykjavik7 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$497$2,699-18%USD $2,202
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 October 2018 the full payment of $2,073 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2073 for Best of Iceland, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 248 km
- Akureyri (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Godafoss (Iceland)
- 27 km
- Lake Myvatn (Iceland)
- 144 km
- Seydisfjordur (Iceland)
- 163 km
- Vatnajokull National Park (Iceland)
- 84 km
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 239 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,073 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,006 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Iceland