Best of Iceland
- Our saving
- US $ 2,039
- +7 Destinations
- The Ring Road
- Explore Iceland’s capital Reykjavik at your own leisure
- Try lobster in Hofn, a fishing town surrounded by ocean
- Spot seals as you float through the serene glacier lagoon
- Tread black sand beaches and explore the Golden Circle
- Marvel at the crashing Goðafoss and Dettifoss Waterfalls
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- SueWritten on September 15, 20185.0 - Excellent
The Best of Iceland tour with G Adventures was outstanding! Oliver was an excellent guide: knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, kept us on time so that we could see everything and gave us lots of great tips from how to save money to how to set our cameras to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! This is fabulous. Thanks for sharing your views, and thanks for choosing to travel with G Adventurws.
- ReneeWritten on September 15, 20185.0 - Excellent
Great tour! Iceland is a beautiful country.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYes, yes it is! So happy you had a great time. Thanks for sharing your experience.
- KKarinLongWritten on July 24, 20183.5 - Good
He was very attentive to the group and very informative...easy to talk to! He helped us out when luggage was missing.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewOh no! Glad to hear the luggage was sorted out!
- VahniBajnathRagooWritten on April 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Excellent tour, a few mix-ups with hotels, but overall very enjoyable tour!
- HRHowardWritten on August 7, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Oliver tour guide was fantastic, helped make for a wonderful trip. G Adventures was less than helpful and was not easy to work with. Would not recommend or use again.
- APAnnaWritten on July 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was fantastic! Perfectly scheduled and very professional guide! I think I wouldn't have seen so many places and wouldn't have learned so many things if I had travelled on my own. Many thanks to G Adventures
- GDGaryWritten on June 30, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This tour fully met my expectations. Biggy, the tour guide did a very commendable job. Nothing was too much trouble for him to manage. The small group meant any problems were minimal anyway. The group gelled and everybody got on well. The scenery and places... Read more
- GDGaryWritten on May 19, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour met my expectations fully and guide Biggy tried very hard to ensure that this was the case. Would recommend to tourists who do mot like large buses.
- CSCaraWritten on June 28, 20153.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Iceland is beautiful. I took issue with this specific tour as we spent way too much time in the car. The tour should have had more days and/ or less waterfalls. This is a newer tour and it will be likely (or I would hope) modified in the future. There... Read more
- FFrankWritten on November 27, 20144.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Iceland was on my bucket list for many years. I was finally able to tick it off last year. I didn't know much about Iceland and maybe that's why I was so in awe during the trip. I've recommended this G Adventures trip to everyone who has asked me.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Reykjavík
- Day 2 Reykjavík/Akureyri (1B)
- Day 3 Akureyri/Borgarfjörður (1B)
- Day 4 Borgarfjörður/Hofn (1B)
- Day 5 Hofn/Vik (1B)
- Day 6 Vik/Reykjavík (1B)
- Day 7 Reykjavík (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age range?
The group is a fun mix of people all ages ranging from 18 to 65. the minimum age for this tour is 12, however those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Where and when does the tour start?
Day 1 of the tour is an arrivals day, so you can arrive in Reykjavik at any time. This gives you the opportunity to explore your surroundings and get settled into your hotel. In the evening there will be a welcome meeting, where you will get to know the group you will be travelling with and review the tour details with your guide. Please be aware that the meeting point is subject to change until your final documents are released
Is insurance required for this trip?
Travel insurance is compulsory in order to participate on any of G Adventures trips. When selecting a travel insurance policy we require that at a minimum you are covered for medical expenses including emergency evacuation and repatriation. A minimum coverage of USD200,000 is required.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Eleanor G4th February 2018
Best of Iceland
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- ThursdayApr 11, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysWednesdayApr 17, 2019to Reykjavik8 seats left$100USD $2,399
- TuesdayApr 16, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysMondayApr 22, 2019to Reykjavik6 seats left$100USD $2,399
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$100USD $2,399Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayApr 21, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$460$2,499-18%USD $2,039
- ThursdayApr 25, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysWednesdayMay 1, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$460$2,499-18%USD $2,039
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysTuesdayMay 7, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$100USD $2,399
- ThursdayMay 2, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysWednesdayMay 8, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$100USD $2,399
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$100USD $2,399
- MondayMay 13, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$100USD $2,399
- ThursdayMay 16, 2019from Reykjavik7 DaysWednesdayMay 22, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$100USD $2,399
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 March 2019 the full payment of $2,039 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2039 for Best of Iceland, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 248 km
- Akureyri (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Godafoss (Iceland)
- 27 km
- Lake Myvatn (Iceland)
- 144 km
- Seydisfjordur (Iceland)
- 163 km
- Vatnajokull National Park (Iceland)
- 84 km
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 239 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,039 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,187 tours in Europe
- covered by 330 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Iceland