GIVE - Thailand
- Our saving
- US $ 1,838
- Chiang Mai
- Northern Thailand
- Chiang Dao
- Experience Chiang Mai culture and nightlife
- Volunteer at a remote hill tribe
- Fully immerse and homestay with locals
- Taste local cuisine and delicacies
- Help build a bamboo raft
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- MMeghanWritten on January 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentI went into the trip with few expectations, just wanting to be immersed in the culture and go on some fun excursions, and I got just that and more! From the accommodations to the wonderful guides to the wonderful and welcoming locals, this trip couldn't have been a better way to spend a month of break. The fun excursions such as searching for and hanging out with elephants, bungee jumping, and zip lining were the icing on the cake. This trip was eye opening and life changing, and I cannot wait to share my experiences with everyone I can. If I could go on every trip GIVE has to offer, I would in a heart beat!Show detailed ratings
- BWBriannaWritten on January 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy trip to Thailand was amazing! Our accommodations at the Manee house and outside of Chiang Mai were awesome! Traveling too and from Thailand went great and our tour guides were also so helpful throughout the trip.Show detailed ratings
- VAVictoriaWritten on January 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy GIVE trip to Thailand was the best decision I have made. It is so difficult to put into words the wonderful experience we had during those two weeks. As an organization, the best part of GIVE is that they communicate with the locals of these countries and work with them to improve their communities they way they need, not the way GIVE thinks they need. As a volunteer, I was completely immersed in the culture of the Thai people and learned how beautiful and special Thailand was to them; I learned Thailand for what it truly was. Working with the kids and watching them grow was such a rewarding part of the trip, but it was even more amazing to know that the small improvements we were helping create were only going to continue to grow with the help of other volunteer groups and locals in the future. We had a fun. lively, and adventurous volunteer group. We were pushed out of our comfort zones in the BEST WAYS POSSIBLE! We learned how beautiful simplicity can be, how a sense of community can transform people's lives, and so much more. Thailand taught and helped me way more than I could have taught and helped in the communities of Thailand. My favorite part of this trip was definitely the tour guides. All of them made this trip go from wonderful to perfect, and they are what made saying "goodbye" so hard. I thought I was going to come, enjoy, and then leave. In reality though, I went, fell in love with the people and the culture, and then had to say goodbye. Although saying goodbye was hard, it means that Thailand and its people gave me so many amazing reasons to want to stay! I strongly recommend to everyone to go on any GIVE trip, but especially to Thailand. This was sincerely the greatest experience of my life, and I am so grateful to have experienced this with the people that I did.Show detailed ratings
- MRMadisonWritten on October 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis past spring, someone from GIVE spoke during one of my classes about the different trips, and I was automatically hooked. Thailand had been a dream place of mine to travel, and combined with my desire to volunteer, it seemed like the perfect opportunity. Actually attending the GIVE trip exceeded any of my initial expectations. With GIVE, I could see a genuine difference being made with our service, and it wasn't something that was going to end after we left, which happens with many trips a lot of times. GIVE provides a continuation of support that allows the communities we helped to succeed, and that's what made it so special. Along with the volunteering, there is a huge exposure to the culture and different traditions, which I loved and found to be very important. It's truly an opportunity to immerse yourself in a place that might be unfamiliar, make amazing friends, and embark on some unbelievable adventures. GIVE truly changed my life; if you're considering going on a volunteer trip, go with GIVE!! You won't regret it.Show detailed ratings
- AMAdrelysWritten on September 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy GIVE trip surpassed all of my expectations! The purpose of GIVE volunteers is beyond just helping a community. We get to know the people who form these communities, we experience their way of living and learn from them and their culture, which is something GIVE is very respectful of. With GIVE, you really get to immerse in the culture and that is what is so life-changing about these GIVE trips. The guides are all amazing and passionate people who are excited to work everyday and teach us everything they can. I attended the Thailand trip and the accommodations were amazing, your eyes won't believe it is real. GIVE is definitely the way to travel and actually see the world!Show detailed ratings
- MFMeganWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentGoing on a volunteer trip to another country holds a lot of stigmas, but GIVE is the opposite of all that. There is no white man savior complex in this organization. Everything we did was with the community and for them exactly how they wanted it. It was such a partnership and a relationship with the locals and that's what made it so special. If reading this review is your deciding factor between this and another organization, choose GIVE. You'll never regret it!Show detailed ratings
- JBJessicaWritten on August 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentVolunteering with GIVE is something everyone should have the opportunity to experience! With fundraising and donations, alongside great support from the program itself, anyone can take this opportunity and run with it! I highly suggest that you do. Going on this journey has changed my life for the better, you come out of this experience with an open heart and a greater knowledge of the world and all it has to offer. What you learn and the beauty you see; in the people working with you, the villages, the places you go, is something you will never forget. GIVE is without a doubt the best sustainable development program (voluntourism) that I have seen, they are an incredible asset in helping these communities achieve their goals! Traveling with a purpose, helps you find your life purpose. It will fuel your fire and warm your hearts in ways you could never dream of! Get GIVEing!!!Show detailed ratings
- MMichelWritten on August 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentTraveling abroad with give is the best decision I've made in my life. I went on the most fun adventures, finding elephants, hiking mountains, bungee jumping and many more!! I met the most amazing and inspiring people that I now consider family. Best of all I knew I was making positive change in the world. When Building a permaculture plot in Thailand and a school in Laos I felt like I was making a real difference for the communities there. So if you want to experience and immerse yourself in a new culture, go on amazing adventures, make lifelong friends, and be a agent of positive change go on a trip with Give!!!! Give has changed my life I hope it will change yours tooShow detailed ratings
- AAmeliaWritten on August 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentVolunteering with GIVE was one of the best decisions I have ever made. This organization genuinely cares about immersing its volunteers in the surrounding cultures every step of the way. Not only do you learn SO much from the exceptional guides, you have so many opportunities to communicate with the locals and ask any questions you may have. I learned so much more on this trip than I expected and left with a full heart and 20 new best friends. If you're even thinking about volunteering, volunteer with GIVE! You will have an unforgettable, inspiring, and life changing experience. I know I did!Show detailed ratings
- RCRachelWritten on July 31, 20175.0 - ExcellentHere are just some of many words that I would use to describe my time in Southeast Asia with GIVE: Inspiring Captivating Eye-opening Impactful If you are someone seeking a life changing, immersive experience filled with personal growth and adventure, a trip through GIVE will deliver that and so much more. You will learn so much from the beautiful people you will meet on these trips, and will leave with an entirely different perspective on the world around us. This trip taught me so much that just writing it all here would not be enough to really convey everything I experienced in both Thailand and Laos. I hope that if you are given the chance to travel the world you will want to do it with an organization like GIVE and discover what it means to be a global citizen and become the roots of change. This trip was unreal and unforgettable, and I will always be thankful to the lifelong friendships and discoveries that were made here. Thank you GIVE, and I cannot wait to return to Thailand and Laos one day, and maybe even find a new adventure in Nicaragua or Tanzania!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 2
- Day 3-9
- Day 10
- Day 11-12
- Day 13
- Day 14
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
23 travellers met before going on their Growth International Volunteer Excursions GIVE - Thailand tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 1st June 20181 comment"I'm going on the southeast Asia trip for June 1-27!! Looking for other people in my group, feel free to message me!!"
- Departs 19th June 20181 comment"This is my first trip with GIVE and I have never traveled alone. If anyone has any advice or would like to coordinate flights please let me know! :)"
- Departs 28th June 20183 comments"I am going on the Southeast Asia trip June 28-July 24. "+2
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
GIVE - Thailand
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Chiang Mai14 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to Chiang Dao0 seats left$57USD $1,838
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Chiang Mai14 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Chiang Dao0 seats left$57USD $1,838
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from Chiang Mai14 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Chiang Dao0 seats left$57USD $1,838
- ThursdayJun 28, 2018from Chiang Mai14 DaysWednesdayJul 11, 2018to Chiang DaoOnly 1 seat left$57USD $1,838
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Chiang Mai14 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to Chiang DaoOnly 1 seat left$57USD $1,838
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Chiang Mai14 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Chiang Dao5 seats left$57USD $1,838
- WednesdayJul 25, 2018from Chiang Mai14 DaysTuesdayAug 7, 2018to Chiang Dao10+ seats left$57USD $1,838
- FridayAug 3, 2018from Chiang Mai14 DaysThursdayAug 16, 2018to Chiang Dao10+ seats left$57USD $1,838
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Chiang Mai is the starting point and Chiang Dao is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Growth International Volunteer Excursions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $1,838 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1838 for GIVE - Thailand, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Growth International Volunteer Excursions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Growth International Volunteer Excursions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Chiang Mai (Thailand)
- 64 km
- Chiang Dao (Thailand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,838 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,574 tours in Asia
- covered by 194 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for GIVE - Thailand via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 93 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on GIVE - Thailand