Tru Thailand Island Hopper
- +6 Destinations
- Southern Thailand
- Explore temples in Bangkok
- Kayak around Khao Sok National Park
- Visit the floating bungalows
- Relax with a day on Magical Bottle Beach
- Experience the Phi Phi nightlife
- Muay Thai boxing session
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Local Transport
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Beach
- Rather Poor
- FFranLambertWritten on August 6, 20183.5 - GoodI really enjoyed this tour. the places we visited were stunning around the southern thailand. I really enjoyed Koh tao and Phi Phi island as the snorkeling and boat trips were awesome!. i would recommend this tour to anyone trying to explore southern thailand as Trutravels covers all the main places to visit!Show detailed ratings
- TimWritten on August 6, 20184.5 - ExcellentI really enjoyed this tour overall. The places that we visited on the tour were stunning and amazing. i really Enjoyed koh tao, especially the viewpoint in Koh Nang yuan. Our Guide, Ali, was great! he was always giving us good informatioin about whats going on and what will happen the next day.Show detailed ratings
- KKerrieMcNichollWritten on August 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy experience on this trutravels tour was unbelievable. I didnt expect to enjoy the tour so much. From start to the finish the tour was filled with great activities, accommodation and guidance from out two tour guides. Gun and Everett really made the trip an unforgettable experience. they provided information and guidance when required and also had alot of fun memories with our group. Everyone felt part of a big family and that was thanks to our leaders. The itinerary was perfectly planned and i made memories and friends that will last a lifetime. There was so many amazing activities and memories to choose from on this trutravels experience. Some of my favorite activities and memories from this trip would be the floating bungalows in Khao Sok, Snorkelling in Koh tao and boat trip in PhiPhi. Along with the activities i really enjoyed the various viewpoints that we saw and also our nights out together. Gun and Everett are very friendlym kind and approachable tour guides. We were very lucky to get two great tour guides on this trip. Without a doubt my Thailand experience wouldn't not have been the same without them. I cant recommend Trutravels, Gun and Everett enough, for the experience they provided us with. It was amazing!!Show detailed ratings
- NNicoleHartmanWritten on August 5, 20183.0 - AverageOverall, I had a good time on the tour. It was my first time travelling solo or doing a tour so I have nothing else to compare it to. I met some amazing people on the tour who really made the trip, it definitely wouldn’t have been as good without them. Most of the accommodation ranged from average to better than expected, it was a shame we didn’t get to stay at Echo Beach Backpackers in Koh Phangan (we had all heard great things about the atmosphere etc), on the journey there our guide was told we’d be staying in a hotel Tru Travels were test running with our group. It was okay but the water completely stopped while I was trying to shower, twice and both times I had to go and get someone to fix it, not ideal but fine. The main problem was it didn’t seem to be close by to anything. Also, the accommodation in Phi Phi was really not nice. I also found it strange that we only had one guide for the whole 18 days because from the reviews it seemed like everyone had 2 guides and it was too much to expect one guide to look after the whole group 24/7 for 18 days, especially when our group was so divided in what they wanted to do. Some of us wanted to go out a lot and some of us just wanted quiet evenings and to sleep. Our guide seemed quite tired and stressed at various points throughout the tour, I think he tried his best but it definitely has an effect on the mood and energy in the group when the only tour guide doesn’t seem to be having fun or talk up any of the optional activities. That’s not all his fault though, I feel that he should have had another guide to help manage the group. One of my main issues was how many ‘meals’ we were expected to get from the seven eleven, not even expected, we had no choice, it was the only place to get some ‘meals’ and there’s no real food in there, just snacks and junk. We had at least 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners (at least) from the seven eleven throughout the tour, so just Pringles, chocolate and Gatorade basically. Koh Tao was the best part of the tour, I wish we had stayed for longer, I almost stayed there for the remainder of the time rather than continue on the tour. The accommodation there was great, it was close to everything, there were good restaurants and bars close by and a great atmosphere and island feel. After that it was ups and downs, Railay was fun because of the group but our hotel was again, out of the way. Phi Phi was overcrowded and then Phuket was the worst place on the tour (the hotel/rooms were nice though) but the only thing there was a shopping mall and when we asked our tour guide what was good to do there he said ‘hmm chill by the pool’. Also you need a decent size day time backpack because when you go to Khao Sok National Park (which is amazing and my joint favourite with Koh Tao for location and fun) you need to pack an over night bag with everything you need as you can’t bring your luggage/backpack but we didn’t know this before the tour so that’s just an FYI.Show detailed ratings
- AAislingMcRoryWritten on August 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentIf I could rate Gun and Everett more than 5 stars I would!! They were the best possible tour guides we could have asked for. They were fun, approachable, energetic and enthusiastic. They made our experience even more amazing than I had anticipated and went above and beyond to make sure we were having the best experience possible. Even after the tour ended Gun helped my two friends and I go back to the Full Moon Party, he organised absolutely everything for us even though his duty as a guide was over. I couldn't recommend this tour enough nor could I speak highly enough of Gun and Everett, they truly were the best!!Show detailed ratings
- CCherryBoyceWritten on August 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad the best time of my life in Thailand with Gun and the group. Amazing from start to finish. Couldn’t of wished for a better guide than Gun, he is a wealth of knowledge! A very vibrant, enthusiastic person who definitely loves what he does. Cannot wait to go on more tours with Trutravels/Gun!!! XoxoShow detailed ratings
- JJenniferFishWritten on August 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe 18 day island hopping tour was bound to be an experience due to the places we were going to see and the activities we were going to do. However, the experience surpassed all of my expectations and was even better than I could have imagined due to the tour guides, Kuntapol (Gun) and Everett. Gun is an incredible, genuine person who provides insight into Thailand as well as laughs and entertainment. He is a very reassuring person often speaking to my worried Mam on FaceTime. Going the extra mile like that was reassurance that he was an exceptional guide and also a great friend. He really made the tour special.Show detailed ratings
- CCavinWinnWritten on August 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentI don't think I would of enjoyed this trip as much as I did if it wasn't for, Gun. He went above and beyond what was expected as a tour guide. He made sure each and every one of us were having a good time and were safe whilst doing so. Though we couldn't do everything that was on the itinary, due to the weather, Gun made sure that something else was arrangened and that were happy. Photos and words can't describe the experiences I've had. Ps. Thanks to Gun, whenever I hear the song 'Valerie' it reminds me of my time in Thailand; it's been stuck in my head since June now.Show detailed ratings
- LGLaurenWritten on July 31, 20183.0 - AverageThe tour guide wasn't great. When we asked him what we should do in our free time he usually said "chill by the pool". I don't feel like I learned enough about the culture or places we visited and we went to 7 eleven for "meals" way too much. I also think there should be some more information about the accommodations, for example that we would be sharing BEDS with people we don't know. Other than that, the beaches were very nice and I enjoyed going to the view points and the elephant sanctuary!Show detailed ratings
- EEllenGreenWritten on July 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentAmazing experience awesome people! loved every secondShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Airport pick up, meet & greet
Start point Mango Lagoon, 30 Phra Athit Rd, Chana Songkhram, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand 19:00
- Day 2: Bangkok River Cruise & Temples
- Day 3: Thai Massage & Overnight Train
- Day 3: Khao Sok National Park
- Day 5: Arrive in Koh Phangan - Bottle Beach
- Day 6: Muay Thai Lesson
- Day 7: Phangan Island boat trip, dinner & Beach party
- Day 8: Head to Koh Tao
- Day 9: Koh Nangyuan
- Day 10: Action/Relaxation
- Day 11: Free Day & Night Boat
- Day 12: Railay Beach, Krabi
- Day 13: Kayaking & Viewpoint
- Day 14: Phi Phi Islands
- Day 15: Maya Bay Boat Trip
- Day 16: Phuket
- Day 17: Indoor Surfing
Day 18: Check out
End point Hemingway's Hotel, 188/17-20 Phuangmuang Sai Ko Road, Patong Beach, Phuket, 83150, Thailand 12:00
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- TruTravels 18 day Thailand Island Hopper
- Why Travel with TruTravels?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
Solo travellers do not have to pay a single supplement as this is a group trip designed for shared accommodation. You will usually be paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip, which is a great way to get to know your group and enrich your travel experience!
When and where does the tour end?
The tour ends in Phuket on Day 18. After checkout you are free to depart and continue with your travels. Your guides will be happy to help you make further travel arrangements!
When and where does the tour start?
Your adventure starts in Bangkok, on Day 1 of the tour! We will pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel, where you can meet the rest of your travel group.
Guides who have led this tour
- "What's up! My name is Colin, residing from Canada I came out to escape the cold and explore Thailand..."
- "Wassssup guys I'm Dave ! I'm big hairy and tattooed and loving taking you lot around awesome new places..."
- "So my name is Alicia, but I just go by Lish! I'm your average 1/2 Canadian 1/2 British girl with a love..."
- "Sawaddee Krab, how we say in Thailand for “Hello” My name is Mickey. I graduated 2011 from Rajamangala..."
- "Northern California born and raised! My love for this planet and the people on it made me leave the corporate..."
- "Leaving jolly ol' London at the tender age of 19 i embarked on what was meant to be a 12 month trip,..."
- "Kindly,friendly and professional in tour operation. Positive thinking, open minded for new things that..."
- "I'm tour guide Barbie (fo' real) and I try my best to carpe each and every diem. An overachiever of sorts,..."
- "I'm just a simple island guy. Always down to share happiness where it's available. To enjoy what I do..."
- "I'm a fun loving guy and I always try my best to make everyone's experience unique, I often get asked..."
- "I was just a girl standing in the desert, wishing it was the beach.. And magically it all came TRU! (See..."
- "I have been working as a tour guide for almost 7 years now and recently work for Trutravels. Travelling..."
- "Hi!!! My name is Minnie! I'm a tour guide from Thailand and I love showing you guys the most amazing..."
- "Hi! I'm Ben, I'm 29 and am an original Thai girl; I know I am as beautiful as my country ;) I am a local..."
- "Hi guys! I'm Papsi. The tour guide is my dream. I'm friendly, funny, and sexy man. "
- "Hi guys! I'm Gun! Welcome to the beautiful country of Thailand, the country I was born! I love to sing..."
- "Heyyy everybody, my name is Pompom, 25 years old from Bangkok with a license to showing you around. You..."
- "Heyoooo I'm Drew from Ottawa, Canada. I've had the pleasure or working for TruTravels just under 2 years..."
- "Hey! I'm from Rhode Island, the smallest state in the USA! I have lived in Vegas and Australia; and traveled..."
- "Hey ya all! Welcome to Thailand! My name is Tamara, coming from the Country of cheese and clogs, The..."
- "Hey y'all! My Name is Alanna and I am from the U S of A. I quickly realized that the 9 - 5 life wasn't..."
- "Hey there! I’m 6'2, brown hair, green eyes, crooked grin and incredibly handsome.. oh I think I was..."
- "Hey there! I'm Arthur, I am a tour guide in Thailand. "
- "Hey guys! I'm Tina, 22 years old, born and raised in Paris. I've decided to leave France and experience..."
- "Hey guys! I am a happy guy all of the time and I love being with people who want to enjoy their time..."
- "Hey guys I'm Alex, I'm a typical Welsh lad and can definitely promise you'll have a good time on my tours!..."
- "Hey everyone! My name's Ben and I'm a tour guide at TruTravels. I've spent the best part of the last..."
- "Hello travellers! My name is Steve. I'm a half Thai, half German tour guide living in Thailand. I grew..."
- "Hello guys, my name is Itchy, 27 years old and I left France in 2011 to become a World Citizen. During..."
- "Fun and fricking awesome!!!"
- "'pimm' a 100% Thai who'd love to travel around and show you all how amazing Thailand is!! will do the..."
- " I'm 27, one handsome mofo as my mum says with a small umbrella as an earing. I'm a Graphic Designer,..."
622 travellers met before going on their TruTravels Tru Thailand Island Hopper tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 7th September 20182 comments"hey, just booked onto this tour, anyone else going? "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
Tru Thailand Island Hopper
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- MondayAug 27, 2018from Bangkok18 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Phuket10+ seats left$56USD $1,340
- MondaySep 3, 2018from Bangkok18 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to Phuket10+ seats left$56USD $1,340
- FridaySep 7, 2018from Bangkok18 DaysMondaySep 24, 2018to Phuket10+ seats left$56USD $1,340
- MondaySep 10, 2018from Bangkok18 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to Phuket10+ seats left$56USD $1,340
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Bangkok18 DaysWednesdayOct 10, 2018to Phuket10+ seats left$56USD $1,340
- FridaySep 28, 2018from Bangkok18 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to Phuket10+ seats left$56USD $1,340
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Bangkok18 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to Phuket10+ seats left$56USD $1,340
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Bangkok18 DaysTuesdayOct 23, 2018to Phuket10+ seats left$56USD $1,340
- TuesdayOct 9, 2018from Bangkok18 DaysFridayOct 26, 2018to Phuket10+ seats left$56USD $1,340
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Bangkok18 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Phuket10+ seats left$56USD $1,340
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Bangkok is the starting point and Phuket is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this TruTravels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 October 2018 the full payment of $1,340 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1340 for Tru Thailand Island Hopper, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and TruTravels will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for TruTravels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bangkok (Thailand)
- 529 km
- Surat Thani (Thailand)
- 64 km
- Khao Sok National Park (Thailand)
- 162 km
- Koh Phangan (Thailand)
- 45 km
- Koh Tao (Thailand)
- 255 km
- Railay (Thailand)
- 31 km
- Phi Phi Island (Thailand)
- 47 km
- Phuket (Thailand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,340 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,415 tours in Asia
- covered by 254 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Tru Thailand Island Hopper via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 694 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Tru Thailand Island Hopper