Best of Greece
- Our saving
- US $ 868
- Discover gems of ancient Greece
- Explore the volcanic island of Santorini
- Party on the infamous Mykonos
- Swim in breathtaking crystal clear seas
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Rather Poor
- AngelaWritten on August 21, 20174.0 - GoodOur tour guide Kosta was awesome! I highly recommend this trip if you wanna tick off Athens, Mykonos, Santorini and Ios and truly live out the lyrics of Charlene's I've never been to me! History in Athens, party, sunsets and beach out in Mykonos, the beauty of Santorini and the drinkfest of Ios, you will do it all! The showers in Mykonos were a bit hit and miss, but all hotels are amazingly located, close to the action, with beautiful views.Show detailed ratings
- MMegNWritten on August 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing places, lovely group and an excellent tour leader. Naya went above and beyond.Show detailed ratings
- RJReemWritten on July 31, 20174.0 - GoodI did the 'Best of Greece Tour' with Travel Talk and loved it! Our tour guide Alex was awesome, very knowledgable and we loved his enthusiasm and humour! We also had Naya introduce us to Athens at the beginning of the tour and she was just as amazing albeit the short time we had with her. Transportation between and on each island was great, accomodation was very good (all hotels on the islands had very nice pools), and in particular I really rate the first hotel we stayed at in Athens mainly because of the great location and delicious breakfast. This was the first time I had booked a tour with Travel Talk and after my experience, I would definitely look to book with them again.Show detailed ratings
- JJasonWritten on October 18, 20161.0 - BadBEWARE OF FAKE POSITIVE REVIEWS!!!! I have been keeping an eye on the tour radar reviews for travel talk tours ever since coming back from a shambolic tour earlier in the year. It has become pretty clear to me that travel talk post fake positive reviews on here to balance out any negative feedback they get from poorly run tours. Every time a real customer posts a negative review goes up an incredibly positive review appears for the very same tour. The same fake accounts seems to usually review 2 separate tours also making them even more obviously fake. For my particular tour for example there was a 5* review from a person with a name that certainly did not belong to anyone on the tour. This (presumably fake) 'person' also reviewed a totally separate tour that took place at the same time as the first review (hundreds of miles away). There is no way I can confirm this (despite how painfully obvious the fake reviews are when you read through them) but I would advise to look into your holiday booking carefully and really dig into the reviews before booking anything with Travel Talk.Show detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewMay we make it clear that we do not post fake reviews, as you are familiar with Tourradar.com review site , when ever you write a review about a certain tour and you state the departure dates of the tour your went on and if someone else writes a review and went on a departure date either a week before yours or a week or so after yours it always states 1st of that month, you cannot enter for example August 23rd or departed of August 6th , it will state as departed August 1st. We do value all our customers feedback, if you have a complaint about the tour you went on we are more than happy to look into it, all you have to do is contact our Reservation department by email and your query will be looked into it and dealt with accordingly. Thank you.
- kellyegg89Written on September 21, 20162.0 - Rather poorOur tour guide was quite unhelpful and seemed to be put-out by any questions we had. When we were in Mykonos at the end of the local tour, one of the girls on the tour asked if we could be pointed in the direction of an off-licence and was told "actually its quite complicated so i cant tell you". Also on this day, we weren't able to get lunch until about 4pm due to ferry timing etc (which was fine) but we were still told to meet for dinner at 8.30 for a group dinner. When someone asked if we could make it an hour later as many of us felt this was quite soon after lunch, he was snapped at and told if he didn't want to go to dinner with her, he didn't have to. He was only expressing the views of several tour members, we still would have liked to have gone for dinner as a whole group, instead we went in two separate groups. The local tours we received were quite poor as our guide didn't seem particularly knowledgable. In Santorini specifically, the walking tour lasted around 5mins, we were shown where the bus stop was and then the tour guide announced the end of the tour! In addition were we often made to feel that free time wasn't exactly free time, almost made to feel guilty about not wanted to do optional activities. The restaurants that were recommended by our guide were consistently really bad. While these were 'optional' when we said we didn't want to go to one as a group we were told "well i'll have to cancel my reservation" and as a group were scalded for not wanting to go to an optional restaurant. On our first full day in Ios we were given our feedback forms early. Once these were filled in, it was as though our guide totally gave up. We went on a boat trip that our guide said she was really exciting about, but when we got there she had not booked herself on. It later transpired that she hadn't booked on because her previous tour had booked her on and paid for her to be on the trip. Although no-one was made aware of this expectation in anyway, we were made to feel quite bad about it. That night she told a couple of girls on our tour that she had "another tour in a couple of weeks and hopes the people are better". The girls were understandably quite offended. At dinner that night she smoked a joint and said "i probably shouldn't do this but its nearly the end". She also got a tattoo and requested that we wait for her while she did so. Once we got back to Athens our guide pushed past one of the boys on the way into the hotel and said "nice to see you're in a hurry now" - we think this was in reference to wanting to go for an 'optional meal' a little later than the guide wanted to. We were then given our room keys. There was some trouble with a room for a few remaining girls (in that that had to share and had booked not to). While they were trying to sort this, our guide said that they needed to talk to travel talk as we pay them and not her, then she literally ran out of the hotel and was never seen by us again. When we emailed travel talk about this we were told it was because she had a transfer to get, but we knew this wasn't true as she told us she was going back to her flat in Athens that night. Travel talk have failed to take responsibility at any time for any of these issues. They took 36 days to respond to my complaint and I had to make an official ABTA complaint before they would get back to me. I received an email response dodging the worst bits of my complaints and making excuses for other points in my complaint. Avoid this company as best you can, you would have a much better time with Contiki or Top Deck.Show detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewHi Kelly, thank you for your review we value all our customer’s feedback to deliver the best service to our passengers as possible. I understand you have received our reply, we have apologize for the delayed reply and for any inconvenience it has caused you . We have not dodged any points we tried to explain best in detail all the points you had brought up in your complaint. Thank you.
- BBelindaWritten on August 21, 20162.5 - AverageDisappointing, overpriced and unprofessional! I went on the "best of Greece" tour very excited as this was my first tour led trip and to see Greece was a dream of mine. To say the tour leader was terrible is an understatement. She knew nothing about any of the places we visited, wanted to party more than get her job done, interacted poorly with all tour members, complained about us to our faces, became agitated if we didn't do as she suggested and on the final night left me in the hotel lobby with no room and ran out of the building never to be seen again! If this woman still managed to keep her job after this tour, is an absolute disgrace. I emailed traveltalk with no response to how the situation was dealt and what her consequences were. After this trip I travelled with topdeck, how completely different the two tours were. Topdeck were amazing and made me truely see how terrible traveltalk was. Very disappointed, would not recommend!Show detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewHi Belinda, thank you for your review, we value all our customer’s feedback to deliver the best service to our passengers as possible. In respect to your room query I believe one of our sale team member has already replied back to you with full explanation and you replied back thanking him with explanation he provided. In respect to the tour leader issue, we are aware of it and we are fully investigating the matter. You will receive a reply back in respect to the tour leader once we have concluded our investigation. Thank you.
- JWJasonWritten on July 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentIt's an awesome tour, ticks all the places I wanted to visit in Greece. Mykonos and Santorini are two must visit islands, watching the sunset seems to be the part of life . Our guide Nagia was great, she knows her stuff , friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this tour.Show detailed ratings
- sammiWritten on July 24, 20162.0 - Rather poorTERRIBLE! - I arrived on the tour and had been assigned to a triple room without notice when I had paid to share a twin room with a friend. They company then falsely claimed that changes are in their terms and conditions which they are not. They have so far failed to resolve the situation or offer me any form of refund. It was quite clear on checking in that the company had made an error in the booking but what upset me what's the companies eagerness to blame me for booking wrongly and then (on proof of my correct booking) their willingness to outright lie about their terms and conditions in order to escape culpability. Despite a lovely guide needless to say I will not be traveling with this company again and I am slightly astounded at how poorly a company can treat customers who are paying them thousands of pound.Show detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewHi Sammi, thank you for your review, we value all our customer’s feedback to deliver the best service to our passengers as possible. Our Operation team has already been in contact with you to handle the matter to your satisfaction. As per your above ratings, we believe it would have been fair if you wrote the review on here or other social network channels once you've completed the tour either be positive or negative . During your conversation with our Operation team they've re mentioned about our rooming policy , which we know you were already aware and this notification is also stated under our booking terms and conditions as well as in the dates and price section. For the first two nights of the trip in Athens you and your friend were allocated a triple room and as you move on to Mykonos on Day 3 our operation team has notified you that you and your friend will be moved to a twin room for rest of the tour. As per your above ratings, you've provided 1 star for transportation, you have started the tour on July 23rd, the first two days of the trip is in Athens were there were no transportation's used, on day 3 of the tour travelling to Mykonos we use the local Ferry which is used by all tourists traveling to between the islands. In respect to providing 1 star for meals, besides the 9 breakfasts that's included in your tour, all other meals would be your choice from any restaurant in Athens or in any of the islands. We do hope you and your friend will have a good rest of the trip. Thank you.
- AliciaWritten on June 29, 20163.0 - AverageThe tour was definitely not what I expected in a negative way. I feel like I didn't get to experience much of the Greek culture. I also did a tour in Croatia with another company and that trip was amazing because I got to fully experience the culture.Show detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewHi Alicia, thank you for your review, we value all our customer’s feedback to deliver the best service to our passengers as possible. We're sorry to hear we were not able to fulfill your expectation, on all our tours we try to provide all our passengers best experience as possible. Greece is a beautiful country to visit from Athens to it's amazing islands. We can see you were satisfied with accommodation and transportation and pretty satisfied with the guide service but you rated us 2 in Value. Can you please let us know what part of the tour you were not happy with , you mention you did not experience the culture, I know we visit many important sites in Athens, we provide great experience around the islands and our tours guides are local and very knowledgeable about their country. Thank you. Travel talk Team
- AnonymousWritten on August 4, 20145.0 - ExcellentGreece is simply amazing and I had a great experience booking and travelling with you guys - very hassle-free unlike some other tours I've booked. Cheers TT!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Athens
- Day 2: Athens
- Day 3: Mykonos
- Day 4: Mykonos
- Day 5: Mykonos, Santorini
- Day 6: Santorini
- Day 7: Santorini, Ios
- Day 8: Ios
- Day 9: Ios, Athens
- Day 10: Athens
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Discover Greece with Travel Talk Tours
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
What does the package price include?
The tour packages include the all the accommodations.
The tour price and the local payment cover the following services:
- Accommodation : 2 & 3 & 4 star hotels
- Meals : 9 breakfasts
- Transportation : Economy class ferry
- Transfers : Transfers from the island ports to the hotels and from hotels to the island ports
- Tour leader : Services of experienced Travel Talk tour leader
- Excursions : Island orientation walks (entrance fees NOT included)
- October 1, 2016
Is this including airfare?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com
- May 1, 2016
I'll be travelling alone, will I get my own room, or will I be sharing?
An optional single supplement is available for this trip, if you want to have you own room. However if you are happy to share, you will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sarah27th January 2018
Best of Greece
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayMay 28, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$750$1,618-46%USD $868+ $266 Local Payment
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJun 4, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$797$1,718-46%USD $921+ $266 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$797$1,718-46%USD $921+ $266 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$797$1,718-46%USD $921+ $266 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$815$1,758-46%USD $943+ $266 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$815$1,758-46%USD $943+ $266 Local Payment
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$936$2,018-46%USD $1,082+ $266 Local Payment
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$936$2,018-46%USD $1,082+ $266 Local Payment
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$936$2,018-46%USD $1,082+ $266 Local Payment
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Athens10 DaysMondayJul 30, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$982$2,118-46%USD $1,136+ $266 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $120 to confirm this Travel Talk booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 May 2018 the full payment of $868 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $868 for Best of Greece, but the deposit of $120 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Travel Talk will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Travel Talk tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 153 km
- Mykonos (Greece)
- 119 km
- Santorini (Greece)
- 40 km
- Ios (Greece)
- 197 km
- Athens (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $868 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,433 tours in Europe
- covered by 191 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Best of Greece via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Greece