- Our saving
- US $ 1,630
- Enjoy the taste sensations of Morocco
- Explore Barcelona like a local
- Experience Paella in Valencia
- Lose yourself in Lisbon
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel
- Coach / Bus, Ship, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- CarolynWritten on September 11, 20184.0 - GoodAs always, Topdeck equals bang for buck with this trip. A great way to dip your toes into Morocco if you've ever been curious but make sure you give it a google first, cause it isn't for the faint hearted. Tour leader Michelle & driver Sean couldn't be faulted, 100% they make the tour by going above and beyond to keep everyone happy (which for 30 odd people is really something). Things always go wrong with travel, eg we had a ferry delay, but the beauty of travelling in a tour is that someone else does the stressing for you. If your primary motivation to book this 14 day trip is Spain/portugal maybe look into other options, if youre Morocco curious, this is a great place to start.Show detailed ratings
- LuanWritten on May 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentVincenzo is the best! He knows a lot of history and is a positive, responsible and funny guy. Give him a raise!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 19, 20183.5 - GoodFantastic itinerary and Vincenzo was super as a guide. Very knowledgeable and great at organising little extras for us as a group. The walking tours organised by him were superb. Interactive and interesting. A few suggestions for this trip: The hostel in Valencia desperately needs to be changed. Very dirty and the beds were impossible to access. No ladder to the top bunk? Mouldy showers and overall very unclean. It was however very central and that was the only saving grace. The Morocco portion - local guide in Volubilis was fantastic. I cannot remember his name but his knowledge and explanation of the area was absolutely wonderful. Local guide in Fes made it feel like a product demonstration everytime with a sales pitch at the end. Lisbon hostel, would have picked a property in Baixa location as the hostel was quite far from everything. Loved the hostel in Seville. Super clean and great location. Granada - watch out for those stairs! Pack light as you have to lug your bags for a decent 20 mins uphill on stairs!Show detailed ratings
- CClairedoolanWritten on May 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentI’ve never travelled solo on my own before , Vincenzo helped me feel comfortable and confident and I thank him for the amazing memories I have . The guidance and history lessons were perfect and there was always balance with making my own decisions and seeing sights that interested me . He is charming , entertaining , patient , genuine and professional .Show detailed ratings
- AAmyWritten on May 16, 20183.5 - GoodThe tour was good, would have liked better included meals, and more planned activities.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 16, 20183.0 - AverageI wish there were more activities included in the tour or at least more extra activities provided to chose from that we could pay for. I thought we didn't get much for the price we paid for the tour compared to other companies. For the accommodations, most hostels were good except for the hotel in morocco. I didn't feel safe there and I thought overall the hotel experience would be better. Meals, if the meals are included I, along with others, expected that a drink or water would be included as well. It was slightly misleading when we found out we had to pay extra for it. I enjoyed having Vincenzo as our guide, he was fairly knowledgeable, funny and kind hearted.Show detailed ratings
- MSMelissaWritten on October 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentSpain, Morroco and Protugal - amazing, will go back, always felt safe and not lost. Mitch went above and beyond for la tomatina festival organising transport and making sure we were all prepared.Show detailed ratings
- AWAlanWritten on August 17, 20173.5 - GoodThe tour was good for the most part. The coach was very comfortable and we did not feel cramped or that any of the drives were too long (regular stops for food and toilets). Most of the hostels were fine. There were 2 places that the air-conditioning did not work and the staff were not able to assist at all (only insisting that it would be fixed later - later never came). Most of the things were accurately described in the tour description. We expected a more in-depth tour of the cities with our tour guide, but they were quite short and very basic (15 to 30 minutes long). The Moroccan part of the tour was a disappointment at best. This was due to a few reasons. The city tour was more of a shopping tour, which everyone that bought something later found out that they were being ripped off (paying about 500-600% more than prices in other local shops). The meals are not included in this part of the tour, organised meals for each night ranged from 15-22EUR, but looking at some of the top rated restaurants on Trip Advisor, the same food would be about 4-9EUR. Most of the group got very sick and the rest of the trip was not as enjoyable due to this. The guide also made inappropriate comments about certain people (in specific occasions singling individuals out) to other individuals and in some cases to the group, this was extremely unprofessional. There was an incident where the guide was extremely rude to one of the group members and another person had a chat to him. She had told him that the group were unhappy about a lot of things to do with him. For the rest of the trip (Lisbon), you could see that he had taken the feedback into consideration and it was trying to improve the group moral! The best thing about the trip was making new friends and travelling with so many others! Overall, we feel as though our tour guide was under prepared for the trip, specifically Morocco (he later disclosed that it was his first time in the country), as well as most of this leg being co-guided by local guides. The Topdeck tours state that you will be lead by an experienced guide we did not feel this once during our trip, little to no information was shared when entering new cities which was disappointing as for some parts of the trip we chose to do it with this tour for safety and information being provided to us. We feel Topdeck should focus some attention to improving this tour, focusing on the leg in Morocco. As well as ensuing all tour leaders are trained and well prepared for each city and country they are visiting, while also being equip to handle large diverse groups of people.Show detailed ratings
- GillianWritten on July 22, 20153.0 - AverageI would put my average experience down to not having a great tour manager (quite rude and condescending and not overly concerned with the group's enjoyment of the experience) and the group being a little too reserved for my taste, which was my reservation with going on a Topdeck in the first place. Minimal socialising or bonding opportunities on this tour like organised group activities/parties. We were also taken to Morocco in Ramadan so for any meals that were not included, food was scarce. We basically had Pringles and water for these meals. Overall a disappointing experience.Show detailed ratings
- CassWritten on September 22, 20145.0 - ExcellentBec was a phenomenal guide, she made this trip a once in a lifetime experience and I'll never forget the amazing time I had with her and the whole group.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Barcelona, Spain
- Day 2: Barcelona to Valencia
- Day 3: Valencia
- Day 4: Valencia to Granada
- Day 5: Granada
- Day 6: Granada to Asilah, Morocco
- Day 7: Asilah to Fes
- Day 8: Fes
- Day 9: Fes
- Day 10: Fes to Seville, Spain
- Day 11: Seville
- Day 12: Seville to Lisbon, Portugal
- Day 13: Lisbon
- Day 14: Lisbon
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Africa: Why you should go to Africa
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Morocco with Topdeck
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What sort of accommodation will I stay on during the trip?
You will stay in same sex multi share accommodation. A combination of modern hostels situated close to the action, cabins at European campsites and bungalows.
What does the food fund cover?
Food fund for Iberian Coast covers all included group meals while you are on the trip. This tour includes all breakfasts and some fresh lunches lunches while travelling - which means you can save on expensive lunches from motorway service stations and enjoy higher quality food. Meals at local restaurants are also included giving you the opportunity to try local cuisines. The food fund needs to be paid upfront before the departure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "CIAO BELLI! Here's Vincenzo (Vinnie for most of my Travellers), Italian through and through, after graduating..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- TuesdayApr 30, 2019from Barcelona14 DaysMondayMay 13, 2019to Lisbon10+ seats left$109USD $1,630
- TuesdayMay 14, 2019from Barcelona14 DaysMondayMay 27, 2019to Lisbon10+ seats left$114USD $1,715
- TuesdayMay 21, 2019from Barcelona14 DaysMondayJun 3, 2019to Lisbon10+ seats left$114USD $1,715
- TuesdayJun 4, 2019from Barcelona14 DaysMondayJun 17, 2019to Lisbon10+ seats left$114USD $1,715
- TuesdayJun 11, 2019from Barcelona14 DaysMondayJun 24, 2019to Lisbon10+ seats left$114USD $1,715
- TuesdayJun 18, 2019from Barcelona14 DaysMondayJul 1, 2019to Lisbon10+ seats left$121USD $1,808
- TuesdayJun 25, 2019from Barcelona14 DaysMondayJul 8, 2019to Lisbon10+ seats left$121USD $1,808
- TuesdayJul 2, 2019from Barcelona14 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to Lisbon10+ seats left$121USD $1,808
- TuesdayJul 9, 2019from Barcelona14 DaysMondayJul 22, 2019to Lisbon10+ seats left$121USD $1,808
- TuesdayJul 16, 2019from Barcelona14 DaysMondayJul 29, 2019to Lisbon10+ seats left$121USD $1,808
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSpain and Portugal
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain, Morocco and Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Barcelona is the starting point and Lisbon is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 November 2018 the full payment of $1,630 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1630 for Iberian Coast, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 304 km
- Valencia (Spain)
- 379 km
- Granada (Spain)
- 252 km
- Tangier (Morocco)
- 206 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 38 km
- Volubilis (Morocco)
- 25 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 53 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 383 km
- Seville (Spain)
- 313 km
- Lisbon (Portugal)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,630 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,819 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iberian Coast