- Our saving
- US $ 3,359
- +13 Destinations
- Andes Mountains
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Jeep & 4WD, Boat, Local Transport, Plane
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- IdeliaWritten on May 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentFantastic tour! Perfect mix of activities and down time. All must do’s included with great optionales. Very well organised by G Adventures with the best tour guide! Absolutely recommend.Show detailed ratings
- CChazWritten on October 2, 20174.0 - GoodI love travelling with G Adventures. This was my second trip with them (first was Delhi to Kathmandu). I loved my CEO Percy, he is a Peruvian and very knowledgeable and great to spend time with. I absolutely loved the Peru part to this trip, Machu Picchu was everything I wanted (I recommend the 1 day hike even though it's a pricey add-on). Spent a lot of time in Cusco as you need time to get used to the altitude - it's serious stuff. I got migraines and was on altitude sickness tablets. But aside from this, Cusco is a fun place! Standard of accom was okay, nothing too fancy but managed to get decent sleep most places. Percy was great with recommendations for restaurants etc. Bolivia was probably my least favourite part of the trip (Potosi wasn't great), but we did still do some amazing things like Rock Climbing in Sucre, Death Road in La Paz (although I skipped that and did the city tour) and the Salt Flats (so cold!). Chile was like a nice return to civilization after the Salt Flats (very basic accom and food), I liked the town of San Pedro De Atacama and then finishing off in Santiago was great. If I had the chance again I would continue onto Argentina, the trip merges with another tour and some of my new friends did it and it looked absolutely stunning. All in all I loved it, even the bad towns/bad times make for a fun story later. I have new lifelong friends and memories that I will cherish forever.Show detailed ratings
- VFVictoriaWritten on August 7, 20174.0 - GoodExcellent trip, beautiful landscapes and cultures. Edith (our CEO) was brilliant. She obviously loves her country and its culture and customs, and it showed. Even when our journey to/from Machu Picchu was affected by various strike and protests, she was efficient, helpful and kept spirits up! One of the best CEOs I've come across.Show detailed ratings
- WMWilliamWritten on December 19, 20164.5 - ExcellentMy trip through Peru, Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina with G Adventures was absolutely amazing. Eduardo Tello was the most amazing guide we could've had, we went above and beyond as a guide and made a special effort to make a true friendship with everyone on the tour. Even with a couple of difficult people on the tour he always stayed professional and the trio just so amazing. This was the first time leaving my home country and Eddy just made everything so easy, we didnt even have to think. The tour was so good, saw all the big sights plus even more I hadn't even thought of. Will definitely recommend G Adventures to everyone.Show detailed ratings
- VVerityWritten on December 19, 20165.0 - ExcellentAmazing tour. South America is such a beautiful and unique place. Our tour guide was really helpful and easy to come to with questions and concerns. Highly recommendedShow detailed ratings
- TMTeganWritten on December 19, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis tour was fantastic and our tour guide Eddie was the best CEO ever. If every G Adventures tour is like this, I would have no problems recommending them. I did get quite sick with altitude in Peru and Bolivia, so make sure you take precautions just in case. Limit your expectations for buses etc and you will be pleasantly surprised. The people were great, the local food was great (make sure you get recommendations from your CEO so you don't end up sick, we didn't get food poisoning at all once we joined the tour). If you opt to do the death road tour it was a great experience. I went in the bus, which I think was more dangerous then doing it on the bike.Show detailed ratings
- SsarahWritten on April 7, 20145.0 - ExcellentThis trip was amazing and our tourguide was excellent!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Lima
- Day 2 Lima/Cusco (1B)
- Day 3 Cusco (1B)
- Day 4 Cusco/Ollantaytambo (1B, 1L)
- Day 5 Ollantaytambo/Aguas Calientes (1B)
- Day 6 Aguas Calientes/Cusco (1B)
- Day 7 Cusco (1B)
- Day 8 Cusco/Puno (1B)
- Day 9 Puno (1B)
- Day 10 Puno/La Paz (1B)
- Day 11 La Paz (1B)
- Day 12 La Paz/Sucre (1B)
- Day 13 Sucre (1B)
- Day 14 Sucre/Potosí (1B)
- Day 15 Potosí/Uyuni (1B)
- Day 16 Uyuni/Salar de Uyuni (1B, 1D)
- Day 17 Salar de Uyuni (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 18 Salar de Uyuni/San Pedro de Atacama (1B, 1L)
- Day 19 San Pedro de Atacama
- Day 20 San Pedro de Atacama/Santiago
- Day 21 Santiago (1B)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
The tour ends on Day 21 in Chile's cosmopolitan capital, Santiago. There are no activities planned for this day so you're free to depart at any time, or take the day to explore the city and tick off some of the suggested optional activities!
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which gives you a chance to settle into your hotel and explore Lima. The only planned activity for this day is an evening welcome meeting at 6pm, where you can get to know your guides and fellow travellers. Please be aware that the meeting point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the price of this tour, however you can pay for an arrival transfer in advance. In this case a tour operator representative will be at the airport to greet you. To arrange this please contact our customer service team once you have a confirmed booking.
31 travellers met before going on their G Adventures Southern Divide tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 21st September 20183 comments"Hi, I am a single traveler from Switzerland. Who will be on this trip? I'll be arriving in Lima already on September 20 2018. I will be doing an individual Spanish crash course on September 20th and 21st. Someone interested to join? I am looking forward to the journey. Regards"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridayJul 27, 2018from Lima21 DaysThursdayAug 16, 2018to SantiagoOnly 1 seat left$105USD $4,199
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Lima21 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Santiago8 seats left$924$4,199-20%USD $3,359
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Lima21 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Santiago6 seats left$105USD $4,199
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Lima21 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Santiago0 seats left$102USD $4,099
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Lima21 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to Santiago10+ seats left$102USD $4,099
- FridaySep 21, 2018from Lima21 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to Santiago0 seats left$102USD $4,099
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Lima21 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to SantiagoOnly 1 seat left$102USD $4,099
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Lima21 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Santiago6 seats left$102USD $4,099
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Lima21 DaysFridayNov 16, 2018to Santiago4 seats left$102USD $4,099
- FridayNov 2, 2018from Lima21 DaysThursdayNov 22, 2018to Santiago0 seats left$100USD $3,999
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Peru, Bolivia and Chile. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Peru, Bolivia and Chile. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Peru and Bolivia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Peru, Bolivia and Chile. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Peru, Bolivia and Chile. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Peru and Bolivia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Lima is the starting point and Santiago is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 September 2018 the full payment of $3,359 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3359 for Southern Divide, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Lima (Peru)
- 578 km
- Cuzco (Peru)
- 24 km
- Sacred Valley (Peru)
- 21 km
- Ollantaytambo (Peru)
- 30 km
- Aguas Calientes (Peru)
- 8 km
- Machu Picchu (Peru)
- 67 km
- Cuzco (Peru)
- 333 km
- Puno (Peru)
- 213 km
- La Paz (Bolivia)
- 415 km
- Sucre (Bolivia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,359 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,377 tours in Latin America
- covered by 119 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Southern Divide