Japan Real Food Adventure
- Our saving
- US $ 3,664
- Learn how to make soba
- Sample Japanese whiskeys
- Eat like a sumo wrestler
- Explore the rural countryside
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Monastery
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Food & Culinary
- Rather Poor
- JSJamesWritten on April 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentUnbelievable tour. The best food I've ever had, and our guide was lovely. Can't wait to go back to Japan.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Takayama
- Day 4: Takayama
- Day 5: Kanazawa
- Day 6: Kanazawa
- Day 7: Osaka
- Day 8: Koya-San
- Day 9: Kyoto
- Day 10: Kyoto
- Day 11: Kyoto
- Day 12: Kyoto
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- From Japan with Love (and Dashi)
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can you tell me how big the group is for this tour?
This is a wonderful tour from Intrepid. Group size is up to 12 people.
Does tour price include the meals?
Each day outlines which meals are included, but we cannot tell you where you will be eating. This is often decided by the tour leader on tours.
How is this tour different from Japan Sushi and Sake by Peregrine?
The Real Food Adventure - Japan tour is the same as the Japan Sushi and Sake by Peregrine so there is no difference.
In case you haven't already discovered TourRadar's Compare button, if you click that you'll be able to compare any tour on TourRadar side by side with other tours you've found on TourRadar.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
Japan Real Food Adventure
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayAug 30, 2018to Kyoto10+ seats left$1,346$5,010-27%USD $3,664
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$137USD $5,328
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to Kyoto8 seats left$130USD $5,075
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to Kyoto8 seats left$130USD $5,075
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayOct 18, 2018to Kyoto6 seats left$129USD $5,031
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayOct 25, 2018to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$132USD $5,128
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$124USD $4,841
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayNov 15, 2018to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$124USD $4,841
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayMar 21, 2019to Kyoto9 seats left$128USD $4,992
- SundayMar 24, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayApr 4, 2019to Kyoto10+ seats left$128USD $4,992
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 September 2018 the full payment of $3,664 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3664 for Japan Real Food Adventure, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 71 km
- Kanazawa (Japan)
- 232 km
- Osaka (Japan)
- 54 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 91 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,664 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,023 tours in Asia
- covered by 233 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Real Food Adventure
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers