5 day Best of South Africa: Garden Route with Addo National Park
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 10 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Cape Town
- Tsitsikamma National Park
- Jeffreys Bay
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Soak in the views of Knysna and surrounds from atop the sandstone heads
- Zipline through dramatic scenery and over waterfalls in the Tsitsikamma forest
- Head deep underground to the illuminated wonder world of the Cango Caves
- Spot some of Africa's Big Five on a 4x4 safari at Addo Elephant National Park
- Paddle through paradise as you glide along a calm forest-lined river
- If you dare.. jump from one of the world’s highest bridge Bungy spots
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1 start Cape area > Route 62 > Oudtshoorn
- Day 2 Cango Caves > Addo
- Day 3 Addo > Jeffrey's Bay
- Day 4 Tsitsikamma > Sedgefield
- Day 5 Wilderness > end Cape area
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Operated by Hotspots2c
Travel that matter -- we aim to connect all your travel dots with our hotspots2c all-round complete tour packages to get to all the must-see spots in Southern Africa ( including; Garden Route, Western Cape, Winelands and more) and also donate a portion of your trip fees to 2cChange community project we support. We know all the local tourism hotspots and will point you towards the ‘must-see’ attractions, best overnight stops and get you to experience all the ‘must-do’ optional activities on our pre-planned tour packages. You can also ask us to tailor a trip especially for your needs if you prefer to tour with your own private trip. Hotspots2c complete tour packages are designed for the young-at-heart keen to go on an unforgettable adventure and discover and explore South Africa! Get ready to see South Africa differently on a fun, safe and affordable way to road trip from Cape Town. With us you have the convenience of an “off the beaten track” tour, but the freedom to choose what to do and where to stay. Let's go!Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- KKaren· May 27th, 2023Lots of driving. Was disappointed guide kept answering his phone when driving at 110 kmph. Didnt feel safe. Also he did not call anyone by their name the whole time. Elephant walk, cango caves and suspension bridge were the highlightsTrip date: May 2023
- AAnonymous· May 12th, 2023Excellent tour, tour guides were funny and helped out when needed. There was plenty of activities to choose from. The safaris was awesome and definitely enjoyed the whole trip.Trip date: April 2023
- VSVolkan· May 10th, 2023it was a very great interesting tour. Big G :) was a very nice, helpful guide who was accommodating to all questions and requests. can only recommend the tour. keep it up 👏Trip date: April 2023
- AAnonymous· May 10th, 2023Gerhard was an excellent guide with great knowledge of the area we travelled. Accommodation was comfortable with great breakfast. Really enjoyed the drive with Gerhard through the Addo Elephant Park. Had an amazing elephant encounter with herds of... Show moreTrip date: April 2023
- AAnonymous· May 10th, 2023It was an perfect tour!!Trip date: April 2023
- AAnonymous· May 10th, 2023We travelled with Gerald/ Big G and our tour couldn‘t have been better! This tourguide was always super friendly and made sure everybody has a good time and feels good. The 88 baron von reede guesthouse was an absolutly lovely place to stay. Driving... Show moreTrip date: May 2023
- Sofia· March 3rd, 2023We had so much fun, and learned a lot about South Africa during the 5-day tour thanks to TK the guide was the best we could have asked for. The tour had a good mix of activities, from adventures through sightseeing. Recommended!Trip date: February 2023
- AAnonymous· February 20th, 2023The 5 day Garden Route tour was a good way to see parts of the country and give you a taste of a bit of everything. Highly recommend doing it if you’ve only got a short period of time. Highlights were the Safari’s, elephant walk, exploring the different... Show moreTrip date: February 2023
- Jordan· February 17th, 2023A really great trip with plenty to do, and our guide Gerhard really went above and beyond for all of us, 11/10 service catering for not just the group as a whole, but also for each individual making sure we were all alright and happy with the plans,... Show moreTrip date: January 2023
- Chris· January 22nd, 2023The Tour was very nice and our driver TK did everything possible to make this Tour a special experience. The only minus points I could find, where the first two accommodations. While the first one had a very nice vibe, the heat, the mosquitos and the... Show moreHotspots2c commented on this reviewHi Chris Gu, thanks so much for your stellar review of your tour experience. We love it when we get awesome feedback about the tour guide and trip in general. We've reviewed the exact accommodation and rooms you've stayed in, and our product team has... Show moreTrip date: January 2023
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- -3%Monday5 Jun, 2023Friday9 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$500$485
- -3%Thursday8 Jun, 2023Monday12 Jun, 2023EnglishSharing a twin room$1,100$1,067
- -3%Saturday10 Jun, 2023Wednesday14 Jun, 2023EnglishSharing a twin room$1,100$1,067
- -3%Monday12 Jun, 2023Friday16 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$500$485
- -3%Thursday15 Jun, 2023Monday19 Jun, 2023EnglishSharing a twin room$1,100$1,067
- -3%Saturday17 Jun, 2023Wednesday21 Jun, 2023EnglishSharing a twin room$1,100$1,067
- -3%Monday19 Jun, 2023Friday23 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$500$485
- -3%Thursday22 Jun, 2023Monday26 Jun, 2023EnglishSharing a twin room$1,100$1,067
- -3%Saturday24 Jun, 2023Wednesday28 Jun, 2023EnglishSharing a twin room$1,100$1,067
- -3%Monday26 Jun, 2023Friday30 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$500$485
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much do you spend on each safari? Is it sufficient time to see the animals?
During the 5day Garden Route + Addo there is an option for an early morning game drive in Addo Elephant National Park in the tour vehicle. This can be between 2-3 hours. Subject to availability, return to the wild for an optional 4x4 bush safari game drive with a knowledgeable game ranger at a Private Game Reserve for a possible sighting of resident wildlife and other smaller animals.
- When and where does the tour end?
At the end of the tour, there is an included drop off where the tour operator will drop you off at your selected hotel provided it is in central Cape Town or Stellenbosch (10km radius). An exact drop off time/ end time of the tour is not possible as it is subject to weather and traffic conditions however it will be in the late evening so we recommend departing the next day to avoid missing a flight.
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not available however the tour operator does include arrival and departure transfers from any accommodation in central Cape Town or Stellenbosch town centre (within 10km radius).
- When and where does the tour start?
On the first day of the tour, the tour starts between 6-8am with an included morning pickup which is from any accommodation in central Cape Town or Stellenbosch (within 10km radius) and will be confirmed once you have a reserved place on the tour.
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
- What is the age range?
The tour has a minimum age of 12 years old however there is no maximum age. Unfortunately, due to the age range, this means infants and children under 12 years old are unable to join the tour.
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
There is a single supplement available on this tour however it is not mandatory as the price is based on shared accommodation, so if you are a solo traveller you will share a dorm room with other passengers of the same gender. However if you would prefer your own private room, please contact our customer support team as it is subject to availability.
- Is there a hotel list available?
The tour price is based on hostel style accommodation staying at the following places which are subject to change-
Sedgefield: Afrovibe Backpackers
Jeffreys Bay: Island Vibe Backpackers
Oudtshoorn: Backpackers Paradise
Please contact our customer support team if you would like to know information about upgrading the accommodation.
- Do I need a visa?
As a tour booking website, TourRadar cannot organise visas for you on your behalf as the visa requirements are regularly being updated and vary for the nationality of one traveller to the next. It is for this reason that we recommend checking with your local embassy or consulate website for the latest up to date information.
- Do we need to pre-book the extra excursions offered on the tour?
The optional extras can all be decided and paid for while on tour directly to the operators either via credit card or with cash.
Good to Know
- RandSouth Africa
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types D, M.
- Type DSouth Africa
- Type MSouth Africa
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for South Africa. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for South Africa. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for South Africa. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for South Africa. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for South Africa. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for South Africa. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before June 12th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after June 12th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Hotspots2c. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 10 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Hotspots2c will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Hotspots2c" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Hotspots2c. Please familiarise yourself with the Hotspots2c payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring South Africa
- South Africa Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- Best Explorer Tours and Trips 2023/2024
- South Africa from Cape Town
- South africa Explorer
- Small group tour
- 5 days South africa
- Operators in Africa
- Addo Elephant Park
- 5 day Best of South Africa: Garden Route with Addo National Park Tours in South Africa
- Explorer Tours
- Addo Elephant Park Tours
- South Africa Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Family Tours
- Wildlife Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Garden Route
- Addo Elephant Park
- South Africa tours