Brisbane to Cairns Experience
- Our saving
- US $ 1,367
- +4 Destinations
- Great Barrier Reef
- Experience a 4x4 tour of Fraser Island
- Embark on a maxi yacht in Airlie Beach
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef
- Partake in authentic Aboriginal activities
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Camping, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Jeep & 4WD, Ship, Boat, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Adventure, In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- JosephineWritten on July 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad a great time. The stops, food, accommodation and company was just amazingShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for sharing, We're really happy to hear that you enjoyed adventuring with us!
- BorjaWritten on June 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was fantastic. Keilie is an awesome guide and even better travel partner. I would do the tour againShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewQueensland has so much to offer - so happy you chose to experience some of it with us. Thank you.
- NPNickiWritten on March 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy tour finished 10 days ago now and I'm still having withdrawal symptoms!! It was the first time I'd ever travelled with a group and I wouldn't hesitate to go on another tour with G - I absolutely loved it. I was with an amazing group and Karly our CEO was an absolute legend. We were very lucky with the weather - our visits to Noosa, Fraser Island (especially Lake Mackenzie), and Airlie beach were just amazing and as for sailing round the Whitsundays - well, that was perfect!! Many of us stayed on in Cairns for a couple of days after the tour finished - we dragged the tour out for as long as we could! The hostels were fine (and that's coming from someone who had never stayed in a hostel before!), the whole tour was exceptionally well organised and the transport was great too (I even have fond memories of the overnight train despite having ZERO sleep!) For anyone going on this tour (and especially if you have Karly as your guide!), I am very jealous!Show detailed ratings
- SPSuganthWritten on February 19, 20184.0 - GoodThe trip was excellant. The locations that we went to were awesome. Lots of incredible moments and adventures to be had on this trip. Weather was the only problem with lots of clouds and rain during the summer wet season. Some didn't seem to like it, but It wasn't a problem for me though, lots of fun still to be had, just wear a rain jacket. The guides were amazing doing their best to take care of everybody's preferences. Guides were friendly and knowledgeable about the areas travelled activities to do etc. The took care of all the arrangements leaving us to mingle and enjoy the moment. Overnight train ride was not very comfortable to sleep in, but was an adventure in itself :). On the whole, came back with tons of new memories, fears conquered, and new friends made. Highly recommend this tour!Show detailed ratings
- AliaWritten on December 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentEverything was amazing on this tour! I was positively surprised by the accommodations, the way of transportation (private bus, boat, and train) and the food! Our tour guide Kat was fantastic, seeing to everyones personal needs and sharing great information about all the places we saw. Really made a family out of us and was always cheerfull and smiley :) Really enjoyed the Brisbane to Cairns tour and would recommend G-adventures to everyone!Show detailed ratings
- ClareWritten on January 31, 20174.0 - GoodThe itinerary was amazing. I had the most fantastic time with an excellent group of people. The accommodation was basic but very good and added to the adventure. The distance that we covered and the number of brilliant activities included was just fab. I loved all of it - even when we had a long travel day. The only negative was that our tour guide didn't know the tour. In fact he had never been to that part of the Country before. That was disappointing. I was hoping to have a local guide who knew the itinerary, what we should take with us each day, what time we would have to leave each morning, how long it would take to get us to the next place etc. Ron didn't know any of this information. All of the other people involved in the trip were very professional, informative and friendly which in some ways made up for the lack of knowledge that Ron had. I really liked Ron as a person and in some ways I felt sorry for him as I felt it was possible that he had been dropped into the tour at the last minute, but for the money we had spent and the assurance we had been given from g-adventures website and reputation, the fact that we were with a guide who didn't even know the basic itinerary wasn't good enough.Show detailed ratings
- SophieWritten on December 29, 20164.0 - GoodThe tour was great, so much variety each day. At first I was optimistic about going on an organised tour but I'd recommend it to anyone, our CEO took care of everyone and everything. It was great not having to organise or plan anything yourself. The sailing around the Whitsunday islands and sleeping out in swags were my highlights.Show detailed ratings
- D,DamienWritten on December 6, 20164.5 - ExcellentI had the best time of my life it was Brilliant made Freinds for life and memories. My tour guide made it all the better tho Jono great funShow detailed ratings
- JKJohannaWritten on January 28, 20164.0 - GoodAfter two months of independent travel in Australia and NZ which I loved but sometimes also found a bit tiring I booked this tour as my very first 'everything's pre-organised/ you don't have to worry about ANYTHING' deal and to be honest I was very sceptical first whether took the right decision. In retrospect it was the best decision made at this stage of my travels. I was accompanied by some amazing guide (SHOUT OUT TO QUEEN B) and met a very colorful bunch of people while traveling the fantastic East Coast. I loved it!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Brisbane
- Day 2 Brisbane/Noosa Everglades (1B)
- Day 3 Fraser Island/Noosa Everglades (1B, 1L)
- Day 4 Noosa Everglades/Airlie Beach (1L)
- Day 5 Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands (1D)
- Day 6 Whitsunday Islands (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 7 Whitsunday Islands/Airlie Beach (1B)
- Day 8 Airlie Beach/Cairns
- Day 9 Cairns
- Day 10 Cairns
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are the flights included?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com.
Is it possible to leave the tour early?
You can definitely leave the tour earlier, you will just need to let your tour leader know. This does not, however, make any change to the price of the tour.
Is this tour guaranteed departure?
G Adventures actually guarantees 100% of their departures, so once you've booked and paid, you're going! We highly recommend confirming your tour before booking your flights.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jane7th September 2018
Brisbane to Cairns Experience
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- TuesdaySep 25, 2018from Brisbane10 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$441$1,899-23%USD $1,458
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Brisbane10 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Cairns0 seats left$76USD $1,823
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Brisbane10 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to Cairns0 seats left$76USD $1,823
- TuesdayOct 9, 2018from Brisbane10 DaysThursdayOct 18, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$532$1,899-28%USD $1,367
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Brisbane10 DaysMondayOct 22, 2018to Cairns0 seats left$76USD $1,823
- TuesdayOct 16, 2018from Brisbane10 DaysThursdayOct 25, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$441$1,899-23%USD $1,458
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Brisbane10 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$441$1,899-23%USD $1,458
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Brisbane10 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Cairns7 seats left$441$1,899-23%USD $1,458
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Brisbane10 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Cairns0 seats left$76USD $1,823
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Brisbane10 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$441$1,899-23%USD $1,458
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Brisbane is the starting point and Cairns is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $1,367 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1367 for Brisbane to Cairns Experience, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Brisbane (Australia)
- 231 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 615 km
- Mackay (Australia)
- 101 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
- 25 km
- Airlie Beach (Australia)
- 485 km
- Cairns (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,367 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 953 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 68 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Brisbane to Cairns Experience