Brisbane to Cairns Experience: Sand Dunes & the Whitsundays
- Our saving
- US $ 1,459
- +4 Destinations
- Great Barrier Reef
- Wade through rainforests and relax on pristine beaches
- Explore Fraser Island during an exhilarating jeep ride
- Watch the sunset as you sail the Whitsundays Islands
- Make life-long bonds and party the night away in Cairns
- Opt to visit the legendary Great Barrier Reef
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Ship, Overland Truck, Boat, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Adventure, In-depth Cultural, Christmas & New Year
- G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Brisbane
- Day 2: Brisbane/Noosa Everglades (1B, 1L)
- Day 3: Noosa Everglades/Fraser Island (1B)
- Day 4: Fraser Island/Airlie Beach (1B, 1L)
- Day 5: Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands (1D)
- Day 6: Whitsunday Islands (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 7: Whitsunday Islands/Airlie Beach (1B)
- Day 8: Airlie Beach/Cairns
- Day 9: Cairns
- Day 10: Cairns
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- NiklasWritten on November 10, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was absolutely amazing! The overnight train was not my favourite, but everything else was basically perfect! Congrats to you guys for coming up with such a tripReview collected by G Adventures
- AlyssaWritten on July 13, 20195.0 - Excellent
I enjoyed having a smaller, intimate group for a greater opportunity to bond. The tour guide was very kind, intuitive and he took care of us. I liked the variety of accommodation, each place was a different experience. Seen a lot in a short period of time.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Alyssa!Review collected by G Adventures
- SarahWritten on June 10, 20194.5 - Excellent
Noddy was a wonderful guide and the tour was amazing. Only thing that could be improved is the transportation from airlie beach to cairns as it was during the day and we missed out on a full day of the tour.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Sarah, and we are sorry about the transport!Review collected by G Adventures
- CClareBoyleWritten on April 5, 20194.5 - Excellent
Fantastic trip. Very well organised and better than I had expected. Shout out to Noddy our fantastic tour guide. So full of energy and love to Australia. I can’t want to come back on another tripShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAnd we cannot wait to see you again. Our world deserves more Clare.
- LWLydiaWritten on April 5, 20194.0 - Good
Loved it!! Weather wasn’t fantastic to begin with but trip was so much fun and well organised. Sailing whitsundays was the highlight!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAmazing, thank you Lydia.
- KelleWritten on February 23, 20193.5 - Good
I liked all of the activities we did, it would have been nice to have some chill time.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAppreciate the review. Thanks Kelle.
- KAKatieWritten on January 25, 20194.0 - Good
Great from start to finish, only thing I would change is instead of staying in Airlie Beach for one night would have liked to get a night train instead of day train to Cairns, the hostel in Airlie was one of the worst I’ve stayed in and I would have rather... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the balanced and honest review Katie. Our world deserves more you!
- TobiasWritten on December 28, 20183.5 - Good
Awesome guide that provided a lot of information and well picked places for dinner. Fraser Island was super coolShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAgreed Tobias - Fraser Island is cool! Thanks for the review!
- DSDanielWritten on December 25, 20184.5 - Excellent
Thoroughly recommend this tour. The Whitsundays are beautiful, and Fraser Island is a truly special place. Our guide Claire is a gem!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Daniel!
- KKatrinWritten on November 27, 20184.5 - Excellent
The tour was amazing! We were super lucky with our lovely tourguide Clare who turned this trip into a great experience for the group. For me, the best part of the trip was the two days sailing along the Whitsunday Islands- totally stunning!! Would... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewWOW! Wonderful, thank you Katrin!
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are the flights included?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com.
Is it possible to leave the tour early?
You can definitely leave the tour earlier, you will just need to let your tour leader know. This does not, however, make any change to the price of the tour.
Is this tour guaranteed departure?
G Adventures actually guarantees 100% of their departures, so once you've booked and paid, you're going! We highly recommend confirming your tour before booking your flights.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marc18th June 2019
Brisbane to Cairns Experience: Sand Dunes & the Whitsundays
- Upcoming departures
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- TuesdayNov 19, 2019from Brisbane10 DaysThursdayNov 28, 2019to CairnsOnly 1 seat left$61USD $1,988
- SaturdayNov 23, 2019from Brisbane10 DaysMondayDec 2, 2019to Cairns0 seats left$61USD $1,988
- SaturdayNov 30, 2019from Brisbane10 DaysMondayDec 9, 2019to Cairns0 seats left$61USD $1,988
- SaturdayDec 7, 2019from Brisbane10 DaysMondayDec 16, 2019to Cairns0 seats left$64USD $2,085
- SaturdayDec 14, 2019from Brisbane10 DaysMondayDec 23, 2019to Cairns0 seats left$64USD $2,085
- SaturdayDec 21, 2019from Brisbane10 DaysMondayDec 30, 2019to Cairns0 seats left$64USD $2,085
- TuesdayDec 24, 2019from Brisbane10 DaysThursdayJan 2, 2020to CairnsOnly 2 seats left$690$2,149-32%USD $1,459Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayDec 28, 2019from Brisbane10 DaysMondayJan 6, 2020to Cairns0 seats left$64USD $2,085
- SaturdayJan 4, 2020from Brisbane10 DaysMondayJan 13, 2020to Cairns0 seats left$64USD $2,085
- TuesdayJan 7, 2020from Brisbane10 DaysThursdayJan 16, 2020to Cairns4 seats left$690$2,149-32%USD $1,459Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Brisbane is the starting point and Cairns is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 18 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 18 January 2020, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Brisbane (Australia)
- 231 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 615 km
- Mackay (Australia)
- 101 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
- 25 km
- Airlie Beach (Australia)
- 485 km
- Cairns (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,459 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,440 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 117 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Brisbane to Cairns Experience: Sand Dunes & the Whitsundays