Brisbane to Cairns Experience: Sand Dunes & the Whitsundays
- Tour Operator:
- G Adventures
- Max group size:
- Physical rating:
- Age range:
- 18 to 39
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Whitsunday Islands
- Airlie Beach
- Wade through rainforests and relax on pristine beaches
- Explore Fraser Island during an exhilarating jeep ride
- Watch the sunset as you sail the Whitsundays Islands
- Make life-long bonds and party the night away in Cairns
- Opt to visit the legendary Great Barrier Reef
- Day 1: Brisbane
- Day 2: Brisbane/Noosa (1L)
- Day 3: Noosa Everglades to K'gari (Fraser Island) (1B, 1L)
- Day 4: Noosa (1B)
- Day 5: Noosa/Airlie Beach (1B)
- Day 6: Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 7: Whitsunday Islands/Airlie Beach (1B, 1L)
- Day 8: Airlie Beach/Cairns
- Day 9: Cairns
- Day 10: Cairns
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by G Adventures
G Adventures gives you the opportunity to explore interesting and unusual places at a great price. The G Adventures reviews show high ratings from satisfied customers for all aspects of the trip, so you can be assured that you will be in good hands. If you have any questions at any time during your trip, 24 hour support is offered, so there will always be someone to answer your queries. There are various styles of trip on offer to cater for different tastes, along with a wide range of destinations and departure dates. If you look at the G Adventures reviews you will see that you can travel far and wide, with enthusiastic and helpful guides to assist you during your trip.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- TTida· January 7th, 2020The trip was great. However, I didn’t like the hostel in Airlie Beach. It was the worst one in this trip. Overall was greatTrip date: December 2019
- NNNiklas· November 10th, 2019The tour was absolutely amazing! The overnight train was not my favourite, but everything else was basically perfect! Congrats to you guys for coming up with such a tripTrip date: October 2019
- AFAlyssa· July 13th, 2019I enjoyed having a smaller, intimate group for a greater opportunity to bond. The tour guide was very kind, intuitive and he took care of us. I liked the variety of accommodation, each place was a different experience. Seen a lot in a short period of time.G Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Alyssa!Trip date: July 2019
- SBSarah· June 10th, 2019Noddy was a wonderful guide and the tour was amazing. Only thing that could be improved is the transportation from airlie beach to cairns as it was during the day and we missed out on a full day of the tour.G Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Sarah, and we are sorry about the transport!Trip date: May 2019
- CClareBoyle· April 5th, 2019Fantastic trip. Very well organised and better than I had expected. Shout out to Noddy our fantastic tour guide. So full of energy and love to Australia. I can’t want to come back on another tripG Adventures commented on this reviewAnd we cannot wait to see you again. Our world deserves more Clare.Trip date: March 2019
- LWLydia· April 5th, 2019Loved it!! Weather wasn’t fantastic to begin with but trip was so much fun and well organised. Sailing whitsundays was the highlight!G Adventures commented on this reviewAmazing, thank you Lydia.Trip date: March 2019
- Kelle· February 23rd, 2019I liked all of the activities we did, it would have been nice to have some chill time.G Adventures commented on this reviewAppreciate the review. Thanks Kelle.Trip date: January 2019
- KAKatie· January 25th, 2019Great from start to finish, only thing I would change is instead of staying in Airlie Beach for one night would have liked to get a night train instead of day train to Cairns, the hostel in Airlie was one of the worst I’ve stayed in and I would have... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the balanced and honest review Katie. Our world deserves more you!Trip date: January 2019
- Tobias· December 28th, 2018Awesome guide that provided a lot of information and well picked places for dinner. Fraser Island was super coolG Adventures commented on this reviewAgreed Tobias - Fraser Island is cool! Thanks for the review!Trip date: December 2018
- DSDaniel· December 25th, 2018Thoroughly recommend this tour. The Whitsundays are beautiful, and Fraser Island is a truly special place. Our guide Claire is a gem!G Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Daniel!Trip date: December 2018
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Saturday8 Apr, 2023Monday17 Apr, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,299
- Saturday22 Apr, 2023Monday1 May, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,299
- Saturday29 Apr, 2023Monday8 May, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,299
- 2 Other Unavailable Departures
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday6 May, 2023Monday15 May, 2023English$2,299$1,954
- Saturday20 May, 2023Monday29 May, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,299
- Saturday3 Jun, 2023Monday12 Jun, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,199
- 1 Other Unavailable Departure
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday17 Jun, 2023Monday26 Jun, 2023English$2,199$1,8690% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday1 Jul, 2023Monday10 Jul, 2023English$2,199$1,8690% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday15 Jul, 2023Monday24 Jul, 2023English$2,199$1,8690% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday29 Jul, 2023Monday7 Aug, 2023English$2,199$1,8690% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the flights included?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com.
- Is it possible to leave the tour early?
You can definitely leave the tour earlier, you will just need to let your tour leader know. This does not, however, make any change to the price of the tour.
- Is this tour guaranteed departure?
G Adventures actually guarantees 100% of their departures, so once you've booked and paid, you're going! We highly recommend confirming your tour before booking your flights.
- What is the group size of this tour?
This is a small group of 12-15 people.
- Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
Good to Know
- Australian DollarAustralia
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, South Africa you will need an adaptor for type I.
- Type IAustralia
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 8th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 8th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 45 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and G Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "G Adventures" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Australia
- Australia Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Best 4 Week Australia Itineraries 2023/2024 (with Reviews)
- 10 Best Adventure Tour and Travel Companies
- 10 Best Budget Adventure Tours 2023/2024
- Australia from Brisbane
- Australia Active Adventure
- Small group tour
- 10 days Australia
- From Brisbane to Cairns
- Operators in Australia/Oceania
- Australia East Coast
- East Australia
- South East Queensland
- Brisbane to Cairns Experience: Sand Dunes & the Whitsundays Tours in Australia
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Great Barrier Reef
- Australia East Coast
- East Australia
- South East Queensland
- Australia tours