North Morocco Adventure
- US $ 815
- +6 Destinations
- Northern Morocco
- Enjoy a guided tour of Volubilis
- Explore the alleyways of Fes
- Marvel at the Palais Bahia
- Set foot in Chefchaouen, the Blue City
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- MKMichaelWritten on February 1, 20184.0 - GoodGuide was organised, professional, and went to extra lengths to ensure no one got lost and everyone knew meeting times and the main attractions. Also was happy to discuss extra places to see, Moroccan culture, things to do, etc. Places visited were fantastic (Moulay Idriss and Chefchaouen were amazing), and all but one of the guided tours were excellent. However, the itinerary stressed we were supporting local businesses, but the type of restaurants we ate in did not indicate that, as well as the type of collectives we visited. Felt too touristy (pricey and unauthentic) at times. Was a little annoyed a 300 Dirham tips kitty was not included in the tour price.Show detailed ratings
- ASAshrafWritten on January 1, 20183.0 - AverageThe trip was not bad; we visited all the cities we planned to visit; some of them were nicer highlights than others; tour guides were very professional and flexible; and they kept giving us good recommendations from time to time; public transportation was a bit inconvenient; not sure if things would have been more cost effective if we opted for private transportation all along; hotels were mainly a big disappointment; in most of them there were no hot water (and we had to take cold showers); breakfasts were often disappointing and with no variety (hotel manager in Fes aggressively said that he provides one egg for each person though on a table of 4, there were only 2, it wasn't a pleasant conversation); we expected more from hotels of 3 to 4 star ratings and had to go for proper breakfasts elsewhere when the variety was pathetic; door knobs were sometimes broken, keys were metal/ manual and not cards (and when they were cards, they would not give us more than 1), many bathroom facilities were broken/ not working, etc. A big disappointment was the cancellation of the arrival transfer from the airport (when most of the people were arriving). with the excuse that some people didn't fill their details; they could still offer at least one car for those who confirmed (we had to arrange for this ourselves); another BIG disappointment is shifting the tour start time to 2:00 p.m. starting at the station, and changing meeting point from Le Caspien last minute. Though I spoke to one of the guides a day earlier, and told him that we'll be ready at 11:00 to start the tour, he apparently didn't understand me well over the phone. We could have still used those 3 hours productively, but we managed to see a lot of the city anyway. All in all we enjoyed the trip together, and the only added value I saw were the tour guides; everything else we could have organized ourselves without assistance to be honest. If I have time next trip, I will make sure I read the complete itinerary, and ask lots of questions on all planned activities. Thanks again for your help. Regards, Ash.Show detailed ratings
- TKTadashiWritten on January 1, 20182.5 - AverageThe guides have experience and nice. Although almost all of the hotels didn’t have hot shower and some service problems, this was as I estimated.Show detailed ratings
- MCMarcWritten on December 25, 20173.5 - GoodWent on this tour as the first half of the "Morocco Encompassed" tour. Not too bad for what they are charging for it. My only comment: research the trip as if you did not have a tour guide. They did a decent job with logistics and accommodation and our guide, Ahmed, was friendly and affable; but the official itinerary all but ignores the country's history and architecture -- this is especially a problem in Fez, the world's greatest surviving medieval Islamic city, which this tour turns into a rushed, cheesey shopping trip virtually ignoring the historic structures that make this city so important. If you do your homework, have a clear idea beforehand of what each location has to offer, and are not afraid to break away from the official tour (especially in the Fez Medina), this tour is a decent value for the money.Show detailed ratings
- NLNataliyaWritten on November 25, 20174.0 - GoodWonderful adventure! Gorgeous Country! Very thoughtful and accommodating tour guide from Intrepid. Definitely recommend this trip!!! I learnt a lot about Morocco and it's cultural heritage and had fun doing it as well. I cannot wait to book my next adventure with Intrepid!!!!Show detailed ratings
- BillWritten on November 4, 20174.0 - GoodExcellent in all regards, especially with the super tour leader Fouad Oulmyr, who could not have been better. We enjoyed our fellow travelers and the tour was good each day. Perhaps we could have learned more history, but that was not within the tour description. There were two times that it seemed we were going to the often used usual spots, but all in all, very good.Show detailed ratings
- JEFFERYWritten on October 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentTOTALLY ENJOYED the North Moroccan Tour!! Our Tour Guide - Moustafa was GREAT!! A TRUE Diplomat of Morocco. Represented his country VERY WELL with his in-depth knowledge of each site visited. Additionally, whatever I needed - someone accompanying me to the Hammam to work out the logistics for me; helping me get a train reservation from Marrakesh back to Casablanca, etc. - Moustafa was ON IT!! I never felt alone/stranded with him around. It was like having a parent with you at all times. Additionally, when Moustafa took us to various sites, he would introduce that particular site's Subject Matter Expert to us, then let him/her take over providing their detailed knowledge of the particular site being visited. A trip[ I would highly recommended to ANYONE!!Show detailed ratings
- EricaWritten on October 11, 20173.5 - GoodThis is an excellent tour for those who have been to Morocco before or for whom would like to get a taste. It is a big country so there are some long travel days, but the scenery is worth it! Chefchouen and Moulay Isriss are certainly highlights of this itinerary and not often visited by the larger tour groups. The local guides engaged on the included tours were amazing, and our Intrepid escort was helpful and fun in arranging a hammam and live music show in Fez. Transport was white-knuckle on some rides, however the night train from Tangier-Marrakesh was a lovely experience. Food in Morocco can't be beat for freshness and value. Go!Show detailed ratings
- MMMonikaWritten on October 9, 20174.0 - GoodWe loved the tour and our guide Abdu. We thought the hotel in Casablanca was a bit rough and didn't think Casablanca was a good first impression of Morocco. The other cities we visited were good and the highlight was Chefchauoen. There were 12 in our tour and that seemed the right number. Abdu was a very good guide - he is knowledgeable and he made the tour fun as well as getting along well with everyone. I would love to now do the Morocco South tour and would be very happy if he was my tour guide again. I felt that I needed quite a bit more money for the tour expenditure than I had budgeted for - maybe I missed something in the Itinerary ??? but it is something that prospective tour goers should be aware of. Thank you for a wonderful tour.Show detailed ratings
- KPKathrynWritten on September 22, 20174.0 - GoodThis trip was great as it enabled us to immerse ourselves into the Moroccan culture. The mix of private and public transport worked well and our tour guide was very informative and friendly.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Kathryn, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! It’s great to receive feedback like this from our passengers, and we’ll pass it along to our global team where it will be very much appreciated. We’re delighted that you had a great time with us in Morocco, and we hope to see you on another trip soon! Kind regards, Intrepid Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Casablanca
Start point Hotel Maamoura, 59 Rue ibn Batouta Quartier deb Omar (near Central Market) Casablanca 20000 MOROCCO Phone: +212 522 452 967 18:00
- Day 2: Rabat/Moulay Idriss
- Day 3: Volubilis/Fes
- Day 4: Fes
- Day 5: Chefchaouen
- Day 6: Chefchaouen
- Day 7: Tangier
- Day 8: Marrakech
Day 9: Marrakech
End point Hotel Les Trois Palmiers, 18 Rue Loubnane Gueliz Marrakech 40000 MOROCCO Phone: +212 524 457 801 12:00
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
- December 1, 2016
Is it possible to leave the Northern Morocco tour in Tangiers?
It is definitely possible for you to leave the tour on day 7 in Tangier. It is worth noting that, in many cases where travellers want to leave a tour early, no refund is given for the days missed while travellers should make their own arrangements in terms of transfers.
- November 1, 2016
What is the group size of this tour?
The maximum number of passengers is 16.
71 travellers met before going on their Intrepid Travel North Morocco Adventure tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 24th September 20182 comments"I would like to plan to go to Morocco in September 2018. I will be traveling solo from San Francisco and it would be nice finding other solo travelers."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elena21st December 2017
North Morocco Adventure
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridayMar 2, 2018from Casablanca9 DaysSaturdayMar 10, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftUSD $840
- WednesdayMar 7, 2018from Casablanca9 DaysThursdayMar 15, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftUSD $880
- FridayMar 9, 2018from Casablanca9 DaysSaturdayMar 17, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftUSD $880
- WednesdayMar 14, 2018from Casablanca9 DaysThursdayMar 22, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftUSD $880
- FridayMar 16, 2018from Casablanca9 DaysSaturdayMar 24, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftUSD $855
- WednesdayMar 21, 2018from Casablanca9 DaysThursdayMar 29, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftUSD $910
- FridayMar 23, 2018from Casablanca9 DaysSaturdayMar 31, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftUSD $910
- SundayMar 25, 2018from Casablanca9 DaysMondayApr 2, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats leftUSD $910
- FridayMar 30, 2018from Casablanca9 DaysSaturdayApr 7, 2018to MarrakeshOnly 2 seats leftUSD $910
- MondayApr 2, 2018from Casablanca9 DaysTuesdayApr 10, 2018to MarrakeshOnly 1 seat leftUSD $920
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Casablanca is the starting point and Marrakesh is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 April 2018 the full payment of $815 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $815 for North Morocco Adventure, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 88 km
- Rabat (Morocco)
- 120 km
- Moulay Idriss (Morocco)
- 35 km
- Volubilis (Morocco)
- 38 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 129 km
- Chefchaouen (Morocco)
- 82 km
- Tangier (Morocco)
- 503 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $815 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,109 tours in Africa
- covered by 100 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 26 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North Morocco Adventure
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point
Alternate Finish point description
Alternate Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point
Alternate Finish point description
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers