Athens to Santorini
- Our saving
- US $ 1,644
- Stroll through history in Athens
- Take in an iconic sunset in Santorini
- Discover the beauty of Syros
- Experience Mykonos' famous nightlife
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- EHEllenWritten on August 26, 20173.5 - GoodThe places traveled to on the tour were good, and an appropriate amount of time was spent on each island. However, I was disappointed with our tour guide, Angela. She was not very dynamic, and did not offer any guidance which I couldn't have done on my own. There were a couple of mornings when she was late, and appeared to be hung over. She was not good at honing in on the interests of her tour members. She did not offer up activities to do in our "free time", other then suggestions of shopping, eating, and beaches to visit. We found other sites to see on our own, but I felt I paid for a service I did not receive. Any guidance from her was from individual, directed questioning that came from my own research on the area. She was friendly, but did the bare minimum required of her job. She was not good at speaking to the group. Her vocal volume was too soft; she did not wait to get everyone's attention before talking, and did not place herself in an optimal spot for speaking to the group. There were times when she led the group that she either walked too slowly, or left stragglers behind - both extremes. I believe an effective tour leader can make or break a tour, and Angela did nothing to enhance our experience. This was our first time traveling with Intrepid. We have been looking at the Iceland tours, but would not travel with Intrepid again unless we were assured of a dynamic, perceptive and experienced guide. A fellow traveler who was also disappointed with Angela, said she has gone on other tours with Intrepid where the tour leader really made a positive difference in the experience. Typically, when we travel abroad, I serve as our tour leader and plan/book activities in advance. I did this for the 4 days in Athens preceding our tour, and it was the best experience we had in Greece. We thought we would give Intrepid a try because the groups were small and we expected to gain insight form our tour leader. Nothing was gained that I could't have done better on my own. I did not mind walking and using public transportation. That is how we normally travel. Our lodgings were good. We especially liked the service from the front desk at Hotel Attalos in Athens, and loved the room and pool at the hotel in Mykonos. Our room in Syros was small, but well located, and the hosts were charming. The Memento Perissa was our least favorite, the room had an unusual smell to it, and the location was inconvenient. We enjoyed meeting the other travelers, and the interactions with our fellow travelers was a positive experience. I'm not sure we would travel with Intrepid again.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewDear Ellen, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We were disappointed to read that you didn’t feel the trip met your expectations. We would love an opportunity to more fully understand your experience as feedback from our passengers is essential towards improving all that we do. Please feel free to contact our Customer Relations team who will be happy to further address your concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Intrepid Travel
- Anne-MarieWritten on June 10, 20155.0 - ExcellentIt was an excellent holiday.everything was fab and our intrepid tour leader marijke catharina van rijn was the best tour leader ever and really made the holiday brilliant. Il def go on holiday wuth intrepid again.Show detailed ratings
- AlanaWritten on July 16, 20134.5 - ExcellentI absolutely loved this tour! I had never travelled to Europe before so I was looking for a tour that was right for me. One that does not include just alcohol and clubs which seems to be the trend for a lot of other tour groups. This tour was amazing! The group size, tour leader and places were just perfect. I would recommend this tour to anyone and everyone.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on October 28, 20105.0 - ExcellentThoroughly enjoyed my first experience with Intrepid. Great leadership and good group members who got on well and made sure everyone was included in daily and social activities.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 16, 20104.0 - GoodGreat trip , great variety of Islands and an excellent trip leader but a disappointing standard of accomodation especially in Mykonos and Santorini.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 9, 20105.0 - ExcellentWell organized, flexible and most off all entertaining trip - very good tour leader. We got to see a lot in a short amount of time with each day being very different.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 12, 20105.0 - ExcellentOverall great trip and great leader. The partner in Mykonos was difficult - tried to put six of us in one room with one bathroom and very difficult when we tried to get this sorted out - took us about 3 hours and the trip leader being incredibly firm.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 3, 20105.0 - ExcellentFabulous trip - well organised even with the challenges with Greek transport! Highlights were the walk to Oia and picnic in Mykonos watching the sunset.
- AAnonymousWritten on June 28, 20105.0 - ExcellentWe had a wonderful trip. The islands were spectacular and as beautiful in real life as in the pictures. Everything went well on the trip and we had a great group of people to travel with.
- AAnonymousWritten on June 27, 20105.0 - ExcellentWe had a wonderful trip. The islands were spectacular and as beautiful in real life as in the pictures. Everything went well on the trip and we had a great group of people to travel with.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Athens
- Day 2: Syros
- Day 3: Syros
- Day 4: Mykonos
- Day 5: Delos / Mykonos
- Day 6: Santorini
- Day 7: Santorini
- Day 8: Santorini
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
For this tour we need to buy international tickets ourselves, is that correct?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- November 1, 2016
Can the accommodation be suited for a single traveller exclusively?
This tour is on a twin-share basis, meaning you will be matched up with another solo traveller of the same gender.
- November 1, 2016
Will airport transfers be provided?
We can arrange airport transfers for you through Intrepid at an additional cost.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sarah27th January 2018
Athens to Santorini
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from Athens8 DaysSaturdayApr 28, 2018to Santorini6 seats leftUSD $1,730
- WednesdayApr 25, 2018from Athens8 DaysWednesdayMay 2, 2018to Santorini7 seats leftUSD $1,730
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Athens8 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to SantoriniOnly 3 seats leftUSD $1,780
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Athens8 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to SantoriniOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,835
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Athens8 DaysSaturdayMay 19, 2018to SantoriniOnly 3 seats leftUSD $1,835
- WednesdayMay 16, 2018from Athens8 DaysWednesdayMay 23, 2018to Santorini10+ seats left$86$1,730-5%USD $1,644
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Athens8 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to Santorini7 seats leftUSD $1,730
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Athens8 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Santorini0 seats leftUSD $1,835Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Athens8 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to SantoriniOnly 1 seat leftUSD $1,835
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Athens8 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Santorini0 seats leftUSD $1,910Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Athens is the starting point and Santorini is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 April 2018 the full payment of $1,644 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1644 for Athens to Santorini, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 119 km
- Syros (Greece)
- 38 km
- Mykonos (Greece)
- 119 km
- Santorini (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,644 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,398 tours in Europe
- covered by 181 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 36 travellers have already met
before they left for Athens to Santorini tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Athens to Santorini
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers