Highlights of Albania
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 946
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Visit 15th century fortress of Elbasan
- Enjoy the scenic walk at Drilon Park
- Explore the artists' village
- Walk the streets of 'The City of a Thousand Windows'
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
2 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on June 6, 20134.0 - GoodA facinating country of friendly, aparently hardworking people, emerging from a difficult and troubled past. The countryside is beautiful and some of the old towns facinating. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?There were a number of highlights such as visits to the old castles, driving through the beautiful countryside on the dreadful roads and a visit to two old houses, one occupied by an old lady in Benje, near Permet. Some of the old towns like Gjirokastra and Berat are charming and even the others, although many are somewhat over developed or spoiled by communist architecture, are pleasant and interesting. Nearly all possess lovely views.I also enjoyed our visit to Blue Eye, where clear blue water gushes up from deep underground to run through a lovely valley. What did you think of your group leader?Our Group leader, Ilir, was excellent. He was charming, very well informed and extremely helpful.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Although I did not really know what to expect, nothing was a shock. I would, however, suggest taking comfortable walking shoes as the hills are very steep and often very uneven to walk up.Is there anything else you would like to add?My only criticism would be of the Mercedes mini bus. It looked smart and was the perfect size for our party, but the suspension was very poor making it necessary for our driver to proceed at close to walking pace over the worst sections of road, of which there were many.One of the things we couldn't help noticing was how cheap many things were, except for the petrol, which wasn't our concern. We had one extremely nice lunch in the hills at a nice open air restaurant, which worked out at Â£3 per head, including drinks. Cigarettes, for those who are interest, are also extremely cheap.
- AnonymousWritten on October 10, 20124.0 - GoodA 10 day trip travelling south in land and returning north along the coast. This was a holiday with a different hotel every night therefore distances were quite high. All but one of the hotels provided free wifi, which I thought was amazing. The tour gave a good insight into the country and although the country has made tremendous strides in the last fifteen years there were still glimpses of former attitudes partcilarly when service was less than perfect. The weather through the ten days was superb - there was one shower of rain, if you blinked you missed it. Food was very good and instances of poor health was minimal. Albania is in initial stages of developing tourism for commercially there is very little to buy, therefore expenditure was roughly $20 a day and that was on food and drink. A thoroughly good tripWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The guide book suggests that you will fall in love with butrint and it was certainly the most impressive of sitesThe new orthodox churches In Korca and Tirana when the group caught the end of service which really was inspiringthe natural springs at Blue Eye and the frescoes on the churches in voskopojaWhat did you think of your group leader?ed was a enthusiast for the modern day Albania.Â He was keen to offer choices to please the group but at times this lead to indecision.Â Â Â Various ideas suggested were never followed through.Â Â Neverthess his knoweldge of the country was very good although he tended to be fairly quiet on the bus.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Be prepared for long long breaks because food is cooked asÂ we waited.Is there anything else you would like to add?TheÂ hotel moved from the beach area to Vloras created an inbalance in the trip the trip notes the guide had were not identitical to the trip notes provided by exodus which proved to be an ittitant rather than annoying.it quite clear that tour operators prefer Korja to airport rather than Tirano Airport on the last daythe return flight arrives back at Gatwick after all public transport had ceased - good job the coffee shop was open all might.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Tirana.
- Day 2: Visit Elbasan Fortress en route to Pogradec, offering views across Lake Ohrid.
- Day 3: Transfer to the artists' village of Voskopojë; continue to Korçë.
- Day 4: Drive via the mountain village of Ersekë to Përmet, famous for its food and wines.
- Day 5: To Gjirokastër via the characteristic village of Dhoksat.
- Day 6: Visit 'The Blue Eye' natural water spring; travel to Butrint and on to Sarandë.
- Day 7: To Vlorë via Porto Palermo Bay to visit Ali Pasha Castle. In the summer we can swim and sunbathe at the small beach here.
- Day 8: Visit Apollonia and Ardenica Monastery; drive to Berat.
- Day 9: Guided tour of UNESCO site of Berat; continue to amphitheatre and port of Durrës; Continue to Krujë.
- Day 10: Tour of Krujë; visit the ethnographic museum and wander through the bazaar.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Leslie3rd September 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Highlights of Albania
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Tirana10 DaysTuesdayOct 16, 2018to Kruja0 seats left$48USD $1,157Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Tirana10 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to Kruja0 seats left$49USD $1,186Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Tirana10 DaysTuesdayMar 19, 2019to Kruja8 seats left$139$1,085-13%USD $946
- SundayMar 24, 2019from Tirana10 DaysTuesdayApr 2, 2019to Kruja8 seats left$139$1,085-13%USD $946
- SundayApr 7, 2019from Tirana10 DaysTuesdayApr 16, 2019to Kruja8 seats left$145$1,235-12%USD $1,090
- SundayApr 14, 2019from Tirana10 DaysTuesdayApr 23, 2019to Kruja8 seats left$145$1,235-12%USD $1,090
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Tirana10 DaysTuesdayMay 14, 2019to Kruja8 seats left$145$1,235-12%USD $1,090
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Tirana10 DaysTuesdayMay 28, 2019to Kruja8 seats left$145$1,235-12%USD $1,090
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Tirana10 DaysTuesdayJun 25, 2019to Kruja8 seats left$145$1,235-12%USD $1,090
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Tirana10 DaysTuesdayJul 9, 2019to Kruja8 seats left$147$1,285-11%USD $1,138
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Tirana is the starting point and Kruja is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $946 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $946 for Highlights of Albania, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 547 km.
- Tirana (Albania)
- 85 km
- Pogradec (Albania)
- 30 km
- Voskopoje (Albania)
- 34 km
- Erseke (Albania)
- 37 km
- Benje (Albania)
- 16 km
- Permet (Albania)
- 19 km
- Dhoksat (Albania)
- 6 km
- Gjirokastra (Albania)
- 36 km
- Butrint National Park (Albania)
- 12 km
- Saranda (Albania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $946 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,972 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours