Treasures of Sicily
- Our saving
- US $ 1,825
- Indulge in a delicious wine and cheese tasting
- Visit Mount Etna, Europe's highest active volcano
- Fall in love with Sicilian baroque town Noto
- Look upon fantastically preserved Grecian temples
- See Cefalu Cathedral's beautiful Byzantine mosaics
- Rather Poor
- ASAntonellaWritten on September 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe had a fabulous time on this tour . Our guide was excellent, knowledgeable , spoke English well , and was also a kind and caring person. Our driver , Fillipo, was also excellent. Everything was well planned , and I felt we had just enough free time in all the places that we needed to have. Also , and I was not expecting this, at the end of each day Maria would recommend a local restaurant and make a booking for those of the group that wanted to attend for dinner. Most of us usually attended , at our own cost (well priced and local food). She joined us each night also and it was a nice way to finish each day with some nice Sicilian food , wine and company . Highly recommend. Also , unlike other tour companies , no activity was at an extra costs . All included (except the lunches and dinners of course ). Do this tour if you want to see Sicily .Show detailed ratings
- GailWritten on September 10, 20184.0 - GoodMaria was awesome,, she was so patient and so organised. Her meal suggestions were great. The extra guides were great except for Marina in Palermo. She was very unprofessional taking phone calls during the tour running off to greet someone. She certainly had the knowledge but her delivery was monotone and boring.Show detailed ratings
- MHMargaretWritten on June 3, 20183.5 - GoodTreasures of Sicily was an informative and interesting tour with a variety of experiences that enabled me to learn about Sicily, it’s history, culture, food and daily life. I liked the variety of places we visited , each with a different focus eg mountain hike, city tour, ancient temples. Our group leader Tiziano was charming, helpful, knew his facts, and made sure we were safe. His pleasant personalty brightened every day. Group size of 14 was perfect! Hotels were definitely three star. There always seemed to be a problem at each hotel we went to. Breakfasts were plentiful but more fruit would have been appreciated. Bus size worked well with the size of our group but the bus driver was very disappointing. He was a smoker and he definitely had a severe smoker’s cough which we heard throughout the journey especially in the morning. He did not wear his seatbelt and only pulled it over his shoulder when we passed any police at the side of the road.Show detailed ratings
- GDGertrudeWritten on June 3, 20183.5 - GoodTwo hotels had poor or no AC ! Made for very uncomfortable sleeping. One hotel did offer to move us but there was no improvement re Ac. The other hotel was not helpful! Bus was very rough riding over any type of bump. Bus driver was smoker and had aggravating cough for hours esp in mornings. Breakfasts were adequate but kind of monotonous. There was a lack of fresh fruit which seems strange since markets had lots of fruit available. I found your itinerary confusing as said started in Catania and ended in Catania Whem in fact it started in Aci Castello and ended in Taormina !! In fact our 1st info said it started in Acireale and gave name of hotel there. On the plus side our guide was good. A pleasant friendly young man. Also liked small group size and itinerary.Show detailed ratings
- MDMarilynWritten on June 3, 20183.5 - GoodIt was a good tour but there is room for improvements. The rooms were a bit tired, my last room did not have hot water and was very dark for overseeing the sea - no view only of hallway. The breakfasts were typical I suppose but there could have been more fruit offered as we passed many fruit stands on the streets. With regards to transportation the bus was very bumpy perhaps it needs new shocks? The bus driver unfortunately had a smoker's cough for hours on end in the mornings especially, it was quite disgusting at times .... The tour guide was quite delightful and helpful but needs more seasoning. The outside tour guides were very informative. I loved the size of the tour group - we built a nice rapport. The island of Sicily is beautiful and will tell all my friends to visit ...Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on June 3, 20183.5 - GoodTreasures of Sicily was an interesting and informative tour of Sicily with a variety of experiences that gave me a well rounded appreciation of its history, food and culture. The size of the group at 14 was perfect and we formed a very pleasant rapport. Our leader Tisiano was very upbeat and made everyone welcome and comfortable.Show detailed ratings
- RFRodgerWritten on April 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe excellent rapour that Vanessa the tour leader had with the groupShow detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on November 11, 20134.0 - GoodAn island with so much to offer the visitor, a sunny climate, natural beauty, ancient relics and tasty food! Our enjoyment was enhanced by an obliging tour leader.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?There were treats in store every day and even when the weather interfered with plans the alternatives were also enjoyable.What did you think of your group leader?Salvo worked hard to share his love of his country in a way that appealed to us all.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Add a couple of days to the end of your trip to visit Piaza Almerina, the fantastic roman mosaics are inspirational, we are so glad that we went, I cannot think why such a splendid place is not on the tour, but as we went on our own it meant we could spend longer there which was a bonus.Is there anything else you would like to add?Our driver made the Sicilian roads and drivers safe; thank you!
- AnonymousWritten on November 9, 20135.0 - ExcellentExtremely informative. A great way to see a truely beautiful island. In addition we had a great group leader and a wonderful driver who ensured we saw as much as possible in such a short time.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Where do I start? There where so manyWhat did you think of your group leader?Excellent. Fabio knew the island inside out. The passion he had for his country shone through. He was keen to show the group addition places that was not on the official tour. The eating places that Fabio took us to were always superb.We also had a wonderful driver Maritsio, who himself was knowledgable and always keen to helpDo you have any advice for potential travellers?When the guide says to carry waterproofs do so. The weather in the month of October isÂ extremely changable.
- AnonymousWritten on November 5, 20135.0 - ExcellentA fascinating island and worth a second trip I think. History, togography, food and wine all so varied and enjoyable.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The amazing classical ruins of course and the mosaics in the Byzantine churches. Blue skies over Taormina: what views! Grey skies lowering appropriately over the black lava of Etna. Short lived scirocco and cloud burst lent flavour and experiences with the oh so friendly locals: lashing down restaurant tables in Cefalu and having to take a leisurely lunch in a market bar in Palermo were the bonuses. Must admit that the Etna wine-tasting was a total revelation with antipasti overflowing and excellent local wines. What did you think of your group leader?Fabio was fab! Great local knowledge, especially of restaurants. he seemd to know the best and most varied menus for all parts of the island. Don't miss his steer to the Genovesi cakes in Erice.Fabio took us to two great places not on the itinerary, without skimping on anything else. I recommend Modica for the chocolate factory and shop [with samples to taste and buy] and lunch at a restaurant on the shore of the salt pans. Our driver,Maurizio, made up the great Sicilan team. He was kindness itself, steered the minbus round corners that seemed impossible and helped with local knowledge as well.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?When it says take stout shoes for the Etna climb-- it means it: don't skimp. Good walking shoes are useful to the cliff-top walk at the Zingaro nature reserve too. Mosquitoes bit us in the daytime at Segesta! Take precautions.Is there anything else you would like to add?Loved it all and shall return one spring to see the citrus blossom and flowers on the classical sites.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start in Aci Trezza
- Day 2: Excursion on Mt Etna, Europe's highest active volcano; afternoon wine tasting.
- Day 3: Drive to Syracuse to visit its archaeological site; on to the UNESCO Baroque town of Noto.
- Day 4: Morning visit the hilltop town of Ragusa Ibla; transfer to Agrigento's Valley of the Temples.
- Day 5: Visit ruins of Selinunte, overlooking the Mediterranean; drive to the hilltop village of Erice.
- Day 6: Walk in the stunning Zingaro Nature Reserve; afternoon transfer to Palermo.
- Day 7: Morning visit to Monreale Cathedral; guided tour of Palermo and free time.
- Day 8: Drive to the fishing village of Cefalu to visit its Norman Cathedral; on to charming Taormina; free time to explore.
- Day 9: End in Taormina.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are you able to organise airport transfers?
Once you have a confirmed booking please contact our customer support team to check the availability and price of the airport transfer as it can vary depending on your arrival flight details.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- MaElma, 45 years old25th September 2018
Treasures of Sicily
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayApr 7, 2019to Catania8 seats left$91USD $1,825
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayApr 21, 2019to Catania8 seats left$93USD $1,855
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Catania8 seats left$93USD $1,855
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Catania8 seats left$91USD $1,825
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Catania8 seats left$91USD $1,825
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Catania8 seats left$91USD $1,825
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayJun 2, 2019to Catania8 seats left$93USD $1,855
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Catania8 seats left$93USD $1,855
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayJun 16, 2019to Catania8 seats left$93USD $1,855
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Catania8 seats left$93USD $1,855
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Catania.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 December 2018 the full payment of $1,825 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1825 for Treasures of Sicily, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Catania (Italy)
- 13 km
- Acireale (Italy)
- 24 km
- Parco dell'Etna (Italy)
- 81 km
- Siracusa (Italy)
- 28 km
- Noto (Italy)
- 31 km
- Ragusa (Italy)
- 110 km
- Agrigento (Italy)
- 73 km
- Selinunte (Italy)
- 55 km
- Erice (Italy)
- 18 km
- Riserva Naturale Dello Zingaro (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,825 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,492 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Treasures of Sicily