Treasures of Sicily
- Our saving
- US $ 1,675
- Visit Etna, Europe's most active volcano
- Taste the Italian wine
- Wander through the streets of Ragusa Ibla
- See Palermo at night
- Take a sit in the Greek theater of Taormina
- Rather Poor
- MHMargaretWritten on June 3, 20183.5 - GoodTreasures of Sicily was an informative and interesting tour with a variety of experiences that enabled me to learn about Sicily, it’s history, culture, food and daily life. I liked the variety of places we visited , each with a different focus eg mountain hike, city tour, ancient temples. Our group leader Tiziano was charming, helpful, knew his facts, and made sure we were safe. His pleasant personalty brightened every day. Group size of 14 was perfect! Hotels were definitely three star. There always seemed to be a problem at each hotel we went to. Breakfasts were plentiful but more fruit would have been appreciated. Bus size worked well with the size of our group but the bus driver was very disappointing. He was a smoker and he definitely had a severe smoker’s cough which we heard throughout the journey especially in the morning. He did not wear his seatbelt and only pulled it over his shoulder when we passed any police at the side of the road.Show detailed ratings
- GDGertrudeWritten on June 3, 20183.5 - GoodTwo hotels had poor or no AC ! Made for very uncomfortable sleeping. One hotel did offer to move us but there was no improvement re Ac. The other hotel was not helpful! Bus was very rough riding over any type of bump. Bus driver was smoker and had aggravating cough for hours esp in mornings. Breakfasts were adequate but kind of monotonous. There was a lack of fresh fruit which seems strange since markets had lots of fruit available. I found your itinerary confusing as said started in Catania and ended in Catania Whem in fact it started in Aci Castello and ended in Taormina !! In fact our 1st info said it started in Acireale and gave name of hotel there. On the plus side our guide was good. A pleasant friendly young man. Also liked small group size and itinerary.Show detailed ratings
- MDMarilynWritten on June 3, 20183.5 - GoodIt was a good tour but there is room for improvements. The rooms were a bit tired, my last room did not have hot water and was very dark for overseeing the sea - no view only of hallway. The breakfasts were typical I suppose but there could have been more fruit offered as we passed many fruit stands on the streets. With regards to transportation the bus was very bumpy perhaps it needs new shocks? The bus driver unfortunately had a smoker's cough for hours on end in the mornings especially, it was quite disgusting at times .... The tour guide was quite delightful and helpful but needs more seasoning. The outside tour guides were very informative. I loved the size of the tour group - we built a nice rapport. The island of Sicily is beautiful and will tell all my friends to visit ...Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on June 3, 20183.5 - GoodTreasures of Sicily was an interesting and informative tour of Sicily with a variety of experiences that gave me a well rounded appreciation of its history, food and culture. The size of the group at 14 was perfect and we formed a very pleasant rapport. Our leader Tisiano was very upbeat and made everyone welcome and comfortable.Show detailed ratings
- RFRodgerWritten on April 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe excellent rapour that Vanessa the tour leader had with the groupShow detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on November 11, 20134.0 - GoodAn island with so much to offer the visitor, a sunny climate, natural beauty, ancient relics and tasty food! Our enjoyment was enhanced by an obliging tour leader.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?There were treats in store every day and even when the weather interfered with plans the alternatives were also enjoyable.What did you think of your group leader?Salvo worked hard to share his love of his country in a way that appealed to us all.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Add a couple of days to the end of your trip to visit Piaza Almerina, the fantastic roman mosaics are inspirational, we are so glad that we went, I cannot think why such a splendid place is not on the tour, but as we went on our own it meant we could spend longer there which was a bonus.Is there anything else you would like to add?Our driver made the Sicilian roads and drivers safe; thank you!
- AnonymousWritten on November 9, 20135.0 - ExcellentExtremely informative. A great way to see a truely beautiful island. In addition we had a great group leader and a wonderful driver who ensured we saw as much as possible in such a short time.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Where do I start? There where so manyWhat did you think of your group leader?Excellent. Fabio knew the island inside out. The passion he had for his country shone through. He was keen to show the group addition places that was not on the official tour. The eating places that Fabio took us to were always superb.We also had a wonderful driver Maritsio, who himself was knowledgable and always keen to helpDo you have any advice for potential travellers?When the guide says to carry waterproofs do so. The weather in the month of October isÂ extremely changable.
- AnonymousWritten on November 5, 20135.0 - ExcellentA fascinating island and worth a second trip I think. History, togography, food and wine all so varied and enjoyable.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The amazing classical ruins of course and the mosaics in the Byzantine churches. Blue skies over Taormina: what views! Grey skies lowering appropriately over the black lava of Etna. Short lived scirocco and cloud burst lent flavour and experiences with the oh so friendly locals: lashing down restaurant tables in Cefalu and having to take a leisurely lunch in a market bar in Palermo were the bonuses. Must admit that the Etna wine-tasting was a total revelation with antipasti overflowing and excellent local wines. What did you think of your group leader?Fabio was fab! Great local knowledge, especially of restaurants. he seemd to know the best and most varied menus for all parts of the island. Don't miss his steer to the Genovesi cakes in Erice.Fabio took us to two great places not on the itinerary, without skimping on anything else. I recommend Modica for the chocolate factory and shop [with samples to taste and buy] and lunch at a restaurant on the shore of the salt pans. Our driver,Maurizio, made up the great Sicilan team. He was kindness itself, steered the minbus round corners that seemed impossible and helped with local knowledge as well.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?When it says take stout shoes for the Etna climb-- it means it: don't skimp. Good walking shoes are useful to the cliff-top walk at the Zingaro nature reserve too. Mosquitoes bit us in the daytime at Segesta! Take precautions.Is there anything else you would like to add?Loved it all and shall return one spring to see the citrus blossom and flowers on the classical sites.
- AnonymousWritten on October 13, 20134.0 - GoodA comprehensive introduction to Sicily. I was left hungry for more.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?There were several highlights. The visit to Mount Etna was very interesting and the cheese and wine tasting later that day was most enjoyable! The Zingaro NP was lovely to walk in with some interesting museums in the park. The scenery was lovely and it was good to get some exercise and enjoy the countryside. The food and wine in Sicily is great and the people were very warm and friendly. Noto is beautiful and so is Erice. What did you think of your group leader?Salvo was an excellent leader , full of knowledge and enthusiasm for his Island and especially the Etna area. He was patient and organised. An added bonus was that he is very sociable in the evenings .I learnt a lot about Sicily and Sicilains from him and also learnt a bit more of the Italian language. The driver , Luca was also very good , very friendly and sociable. The local guides were also very good.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?This trip is very much a sightseeing trip. It covers a lot of the Island and therefore there isn't a lot of time spent soaking up the scenery and culture in any one place. It is listed as leisurely /moderate but compared with other trips I've been on this one was just leisurely . The walks on Etna and in the Zingaro Np are only very short. There are some steep bits , but mainly in the towns and villages due to them being built in hillsides or the tops of hills. Don't settle for a sandwich at lunchtime,instead find some local delicacies in the local pasticcerias. Great local food and quite cheap.Is there anything else you would like to add?The mozzies went on the rampage after a bit of rain and not just at dusk. Take repellent and bite cream. Leave room in your case for some excellent wine from the winery on day 2. And beware of Italian leather handbag shops in Palermo. Exodus -- a walking trip to the more rural parts of Sicily and the coast of the south west would be great!!
- AnonymousWritten on October 11, 20135.0 - ExcellentAn eclectic mix of Spanish, Norman, Arab, Greek and Roman culture make up this sunshine island. Italy at its best!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Exploring Mount Etna and having it brought to life (not literally!) by our naturalist guide.Tasting the delicious food and wine that Sicily hasÂ to offer and trying some new things.Wandering the streets of the delightful villages of Noto and Ragusa and discovering at my own pace.Finding out aboutÂ Siracusa, Ortygia, Palermo and AgrigentoÂ through our enthusiastic and friendly local guides.What did you think of your group leader?Salvo was very friendly, helpful and informative about his home of Sicily.Â Everything ran really smoothly and whenÂ there was an unexpectedÂ change of plan he coped admirably.Â He was always willing to answer our endless questions with patience and attentiveness.I amÂ most grateful to Salvo for takingÂ the troubleÂ to introduce us to some fabulous restaurants, which we surely would not have discovered otherwise (although I did put on about half a stone!).Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take your Italian phrasebook with you - they love you try the language.Is there anything else you would like to add?I must mention our driver Gianni who was brilliant.Â It was his first time on this trip but he was very safe and drove smoothly.Â He was also fun to be with and very helpful.Just go for it and enjoy the relaxed pace of life on this beautiful island.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start in Aci Trezza
- Day 2: Excursion on Mt Etna, Europe's highest active volcano; afternoon wine tasting.
- Day 3: Drive to Syracuse to visit its archaeological site; on to the UNESCO Baroque town of Noto.
- Day 4: Morning visit the hilltop town of Ragusa Ibla; transfer to Agrigento's Valley of the Temples.
- Day 5: Visit ruins of Selinunte, overlooking the Mediterranean; drive to the hilltop village of Erice.
- Day 6: Walk in the stunning Zingaro Nature Reserve; afternoon transfer to Palermo.
- Day 7: Morning visit to Monreale Cathedral; guided tour of Palermo and free time.
- Day 8: Drive to the fishing village of Cefalu to visit its Norman Cathedral; on to charming Taormina; free time to explore.
- Day 9: End in Taormina.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are you able to organise airport transfers?
Once you have a confirmed booking please contact our customer support team to check the availability and price of the airport transfer as it can vary depending on your arrival flight details.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna13th June 2018
Treasures of Sicily
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Catania9 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to CataniaOnly 2 seats left$77USD $1,858
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Catania9 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to CataniaOnly 1 seat left$79USD $1,886
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Catania9 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to CataniaOnly 3 seats left$73USD $1,752
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Catania9 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Catania4 seats left$75USD $1,800
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Catania9 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Catania0 seats left$71USD $1,714Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Catania9 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to CataniaOnly 2 seats left$71USD $1,714
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Catania9 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Catania0 seats left$71USD $1,714Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Catania9 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Catania4 seats left$70USD $1,675
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayApr 14, 2019to Catania8 seats left$73USD $1,752Instant BookHold my
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Catania9 DaysSundayApr 21, 2019to Catania8 seats left$73USD $1,752Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Catania.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 October 2018 the full payment of $1,675 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1675 for Treasures of Sicily, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Catania (Italy)
- 13 km
- Acireale (Italy)
- 24 km
- Parco dell'Etna (Italy)
- 81 km
- Siracusa (Italy)
- 28 km
- Noto (Italy)
- 31 km
- Ragusa (Italy)
- 110 km
- Agrigento (Italy)
- 73 km
- Selinunte (Italy)
- 55 km
- Erice (Italy)
- 18 km
- Riserva Naturale Dello Zingaro (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,675 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,006 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Treasures of Sicily