Croatia Sailing Adventure: Dubrovnik to Split
- Tour Operator:
- Intrepid Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 15 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Mljet Island
- Korcula Island
- Hvar Island
- Day 1 Dubrovnik
- Day 2-7 Sailing the Dalmatian Coast
- Day 8 Split
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Intrepid Travel
Back in 1989, two guys from Melbourne, Australia by the names of Darrell and Manch set off on an adventure to the other side of the world. They travelled to Africa and without air conditioning on their modified truck, they filled it with supplies, some beer, a bunch of aviator sunglasses, and some friends. On that trip, they came up with the idea that perhaps others may be interested in this style of travel too. Just like that, Intrepid was born. Intrepid has come a long way since then, now giving over 100,000 travelers a year the opportunity to experience small group travel across all 7 continents. They use local transport, sleep in local accommodation from Cambodian stilt houses to Moroccan riads, and employ 100% local leaders. With three different travel styles including basix, original and comfort, themes ranging from cycling trips to family holidays, and itineraries crafted with the perfect balance of must-see sights and free time, Intrepid caters to every type of traveller no matter their age, budget or travel style. The company has grown but their mission remains the same: to change the way people see the world through sustainable, experience-rich travelRead more
- Overall RatingGood
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- ADiego P· September 18th, 2019Beautiful coastal towns visited, great knowledgeable staff, friendly fellow travellers, wonderful experienceTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AElisabeth B· September 18th, 2019I enjoyed this trip, however Intrepid literature communicated that whenever possible, the boat would be sailing, which definitely was NOT the case.The norm on this trip was motoring, which was disappointing.I willnot recommend a sailing trip through... Show moreTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AAra M· September 18th, 2019The experience I got from the trip.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AJohn A· September 18th, 2019It wasn't a sailing trip, we motored mostly and had only 6-8 sailing hours in total as Bruno motored to islands so we could dine/take a guided tour with his cousin/friend. This was my fourth trip with Intrepid (Camino, Japan, Annapurna) and I thought... Show moreTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AWendy K· September 18th, 2019Very competent and professional crew, combined with interesting and off-the-beaten track itineraryTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ASusan M· September 18th, 2019The trip was everything I expected and more. The skipper was excellent. Capable, considerate and an expert at his job.There were initially three skippers on board which made the crewing very easy. We did have some time with Just Ante. He was fabulous.... Show moreTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AMichael M· September 18th, 2019This sailing adventure is the idea way to experience the Dalmatian coast.The perspective from a cruising yacht is truly unique.This trip provided an opportunity for us to reacquaint ourselves with yachting and get involved in sailing the boat.Our... Show moreTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ACraig B· September 18th, 2019Very professional-Ante our skipper was brilliant-had all assisting with the boat. After the other two Intrepid staff left had the boat running like clockwork as skipper.His local knowledge was a real bonus. The restaurant selections were outstanding.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AKarthihan U· September 18th, 2019Our Skipper, Bratso. an absolute legend. he was the cherry on the cake. Croatia is an amazing country. loved every bit of it. the food was so good, all the home grown produce and hospitality, unmatched.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ARobyn E· September 18th, 2019Well organized trip with good itinerary.weather was the predominant issue on our trip but this is completely out of anyones control.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- -25%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday13 May, 2023Saturday20 May, 2023English$2,025$1,519+ $111Kitty
- -25%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday20 May, 2023Saturday27 May, 2023English$2,065$1,549+ $111Kitty
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday27 May, 2023Saturday3 Jun, 2023English$2,120+ $111Kitty
- On RequestSaturday10 Jun, 2023Saturday17 Jun, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,280+ $111Kitty
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday17 Jun, 2023Saturday24 Jun, 2023English$2,360+ $111Kitty
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday24 Jun, 2023Saturday1 Jul, 2023English$2,360+ $111Kitty
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday8 Jul, 2023Saturday15 Jul, 2023English$2,295+ $111Kitty0% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday15 Jul, 2023Saturday22 Jul, 2023English$2,385+ $111Kitty0% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday22 Jul, 2023Saturday29 Jul, 2023English$2,340+ $111Kitty0% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday5 Aug, 2023Saturday12 Aug, 2023English$2,385+ $111Kitty0% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to know how to sail?
You don't need to know how to sail the boat but you are welcome to learn on the trip. If you have experience you can help the skipper crew and build on your skills. For people that want to get the most out of the experience they can learn about the basic parts of the boat in advance of the trip.
- What is the sail boat like?
The sail boat is a mono-haul usually 50 ft long. Accommodation (births (beds) and bathrooms (heads) vary per trip. Usually there are at least two heads or more and beds are share or single bunk style. The boat is very comfortable and has a functioning kitchen and plenty of space on the deck for lounging and sailing!
- What is the local payment?
For Croatia Sailing Adventure - Dubrovnik to Split, intrepid requires a Kitty, which is a cash contribution from all travellers into a central fund which is overseen by fellow travellers and the crew. The fund allows the crew to pay for local accomodations, camp meals and activities for the entire group.
The local payment is not paid before the departure, but upon arrival at the tour.
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CCroatia
- Type ECroatia
- Type FCroatia
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis - Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 30th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 30th, 2023, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Intrepid Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Intrepid Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
- People also viewed
Keep Exploring Croatia
- Croatia Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- 10 Best Backpacking Tours Europe 2023/2024
- 10 Best Sailing Holidays & Trips 2023/2024
- Croatia from Dubrovnik
- Croatia Sailing
- Small group tour
- 8 days Croatia
- Operators in Europe
- Croatia Sailing Adventure: Dubrovnik to Split Tours in Croatia
- Sailing Tours
- Croatian Islands Tours
- Sailing Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Croatian Islands
- Croatia tours