Croatia Sailing Adventure - Dubrovnik to Split
- Our saving
- US $ 961
- Rather Poor
- FBFionaWritten on September 20, 20183.5 - GoodThis tour had a lot more sitting around then I expected, due to the weather conditions we only sailed once and due to being outside it was very hard to hear and understand the guide who had to repeat himself a couple times. Would be good to have a more formal itinerary with rotten down times, locations and things you can do like brochures for each island. The cabins are small so would reccomend reserving a room to yourself. Less time on island then expected.Show detailed ratings
- SSolotravelerWritten on August 8, 20181.0 - BadThis is a terrible trip. First of all the living conditions on the boat are quite bad. Even though there’re are shared toilets they were usually flooded. So if you are used to western conveniences like flush toilets and hot showers this trip is not for you. Also the sleeping chambers are cramped and you look share those so sometimes you had to crawl over your roommate to get to bed. Not to mention the constant bruising you encounter as you keep bumping into literally everything as the place is designed for midgets. The itinerary had nothing beyond stopping somewhere in the sea and jumping off for a swim. Barely any excursions were planned and those that were were badly executed. For eg an excursion to see a cave in Mljet was in a van that was literally put together with duct tape. I was so disgusted with this tour and it’s unhygienic living conditions I left the tour halfway and took the ferry to split. Now waiting to hear from intrepid about my refundShow detailed ratings
- AIAlithaWritten on June 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe guide/skipper was great. Informative about where we were going and the plans for each day. All dinner restaurants he took us to, were amazing!! The group was much older than I expected, wanted to travel and meet younger travellers. Price was worth the value of the trip.Show detailed ratings
- CWChristianWritten on April 11, 20165.0 - ExcellentExcellent experience. Good skipper and boat. I loved the way you can explore all the nice port cities of Croatia. Your bed is only a short walk away from all the taverna's and central areas.Show detailed ratings
- AllisonWritten on August 24, 20151.0 - BadI had one of the absolute WORST experiences of my life on an Interpid trip in Croatia. Our tour guide/skipper was literally DRUNK everyday from 7am on. One night he was drinking on the boat with his friend and I informed him the water faucet was not working. He was absolutely insane on me screaming, lunging at me and knocking stuff over. It was terrifying. The girls and I on the boat had to run off I was afraid to return until a few hours later. The skipper himself also left and didn't come back to the boat until the next day. no apology, nothing. I've been trying to get reimbursed and Interpid refuses to. (not only was my trip ruined, but I had to leave early and pay for a hotel). Interpid basically told me they "conducted an investigation" and essentially said this event never happened, based on talking to the staff and travellers. Ironic as the only "staff" was the skipper himself and I asked the others from the trip and heard Interpid never even reached out to them! ABSURD. I'm actually now seeking legal options. Save your $ and don't put it into this scam.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Dubrovnik
- Day 2-7: Sailing the Dalmatian Coast
- Day 8: Split
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I have to know how to sail?
You don't need to know how to sail the boat but you are welcome to learn on the trip. If you have experience you can help the skipper crew and build on your skills. For people that want to get the most out of the experience they can learn about the basic parts of the boat in advance of the trip.
What is the sail boat like?
The sail boat is a mono-haul usually 50 ft long. Accommodation (births (beds) and bathrooms (heads) vary per trip. Usually there are at least two heads or more and beds are share or single bunk style. The boat is very comfortable and has a functioning kitchen and plenty of space on the deck for lounging and sailing!
What is the local payment?
For Croatia Sailing Adventure - Dubrovnik to Split, intrepid requires a Kitty, which is a cash contribution from all travellers into a central fund which is overseen by fellow travellers and the crew. The fund allows the crew to pay for local accomodations, camp meals and activities for the entire group.
The local payment is not paid before the departure, but upon arrival at the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Croatia Sailing Adventure - Dubrovnik to Split
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to TrogirOnly 1 seat left$469$1,430-33%USD $961+ $118 Kitty
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Trogir8 seats left$63USD $1,512+ $118 Kitty
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Trogir6 seats left$63USD $1,512+ $118 Kitty
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Trogir8 seats left$63USD $1,512+ $118 Kitty
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Trogir8 seats left$63USD $1,512+ $118 Kitty
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Trogir8 seats left$66USD $1,574+ $118 Kitty
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Trogir8 seats left$66USD $1,574+ $118 Kitty
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Trogir8 seats left$68USD $1,632+ $118 Kitty
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Trogir8 seats left$68USD $1,632+ $118 Kitty
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Trogir7 seats left$68USD $1,632+ $118 Kitty
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Dubrovnik is the starting point and Trogir is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 November 2018 the full payment of $961 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $961 for Croatia Sailing Adventure - Dubrovnik to Split, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 6 km
- Zaton (Croatia)
- 33 km
- Ston (Croatia)
- 17 km
- Mljet Island (Croatia)
- 41 km
- Korcula Island (Croatia)
- 55 km
- Brac (Croatia)
- 18 km
- Hvar Island (Croatia)
- 40 km
- Split (Croatia)
- 16 km
- Trogir (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $961 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,860 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Croatia Sailing Adventure - Dubrovnik to Split
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers