Scotland & Ireland
- Our saving
- US $ 2,050
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- CCarleeWritten on October 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI did a two week tour through Scotland and Ireland. My tour manager, Ed, was the most knowledgeable tour guide. I felt like I truly had an understanding the othe histories of every place we visited. He had great suggestions on places to go and see. Awesome pub suggestions, if that’s your thing. I felt that I understood the do’s/donts for places so that I could stay safe. Our driver, Raf, was superior above anyone I’ve traveled with. His skills were pretty impressive lol. I really had an amazing two week experience and wish I could have stayed longer. I feel like a made tons of new friends and even though I came with a friend, I feel like I felt comfortable enough that I could have done it alone if I want to in the future! I’m truly thankful for the amazing break from life! Thank you Raf and Ed especially!Show detailed ratings
- KSKandyceWritten on October 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentScotland and Ireland...wow! Contiki really knows how to show you off! I had such an amazing trip. Ed was our phenomenal guide, and he truly went above and beyond to keep us informed about where we were and the history there. He also went out of his way to arrange group activities for us that were not apart of the inclusions or ME Time extras on the trip, like Scottish Ceilidh Dancing and bowling in Belfast! Raf was our driver, and he was a riot. Between "educating" the group on what house music in Europe was really like, to buying the whole bus Polish chocolates to eat, Raf always kept everything fun. And the man can party! Such an awesome experience for my first Contiki, and I can't wait to book my next trip!Show detailed ratings
- JessWritten on May 13, 20174.0 - GoodA fantastic trip that exceeded expectations. Our guide was excellent and the itinerary ticked lots of bucket list boxes :)Show detailed ratings
- LBLiranWritten on March 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentThank you for an amazing trip! Super well organised and an amazing staff!Show detailed ratings
- EErinWritten on June 23, 20164.5 - ExcellentTarryn was exceptional tour guide, very knowledgeable about every city in Scotland and Ireland we toured. Also she found my family's hometown on a map so I had some sense of where my ancestors came from. Tarryn was also fun to go out with and she had killer theme songs for our bus rides. I'd tour with her again in a heartbeat!Show detailed ratings
- NHNathanWritten on May 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentFrom the moment I met up with the tour in Scottland, Megs felt like an old friend I hadn't seen in awhile. She wasn't just the leader of the group but one of us!! She made the trip what it was, awesome and fun!! When I go on my next tour I could only hope that Megs was the tour leader, I only have the upmost respect for her and what she does. To sum Megs up in one word... Epic!!!Show detailed ratings
- JjulesWritten on May 20, 20165.0 - ExcellentMegs was a very knowledgable guide and made the trip very comfortable and fun for me. I loved seeing all the tourist sites and then the local bars at night. I still talk about the trip to people every chance I getShow detailed ratings
- GSGenevieveWritten on May 18, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe tour was amazing. Ellie was incredibly knowledgeable and her recommendations for sights/sounds/food and drinks were always a success. Her personality is ideal for this type of job. She managed to get everyone (from all walks of life) engaged in the tour. Couldn't have asked for a better trip!Show detailed ratings
- MMeganWritten on April 20, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis trip was beyond my expectations. It was the best time of my life and James was a big reason for that. He was so attentive to my sister when she had trouble getting up hills or stairs, he always made sure she was ok. He was kind, courteous, funny, and knowledgable about every place we went! His first concern was always the safety and happiness of the tour group. We loved him and am going to request him on my next contiki trip!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Edinburgh
- Day 2: Edinburgh
- Day 3: Edinburgh to Scottish Highlands
- Day 4: Scottish Highlands to West Highlands
- Day 5: West Highlands to Glasgow
- Day 6: Glasgow to Dublin
- Day 7: Dublin to Cork
- Day 8: Cork to Galway
- Day 9: Galway
- Day 10: Galway to Londonderry
- Day 11: Londonderry to Belfast
- Day 12: Belfast to Dublin
- Day 13: Depart Dublin
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- In-Depth Explorer: live like a local with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki In Depth
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Does the tour price include the airfare?
TourRadar specialises in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- January 1, 2016
What hotels do we stay during this tour?
Unfortunately the Tour Operators can't release any hotel lists as they are not confirmed until a few weeks out from the trip. But this Contiki tour has all hotels - not hostels in twin share style accommodation in 3 star hotels.
Guides who have led this tour
- "With so many places in the world to explore it was always hard to stay in one place. Travelling is the..."
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ricardo11th October 2017
Scotland & Ireland
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- MondayApr 30, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Dublin0 seats leftSave $99USD $2,376
- MondayMay 7, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayMay 19, 2018to Dublin0 seats leftSave $99USD $2,376
- FridayMay 11, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysWednesdayMay 23, 2018to Dublin0 seats leftSave $101USD $2,424
- MondayMay 14, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to Dublin0 seats leftSave $101USD $2,424
- MondayMay 21, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Dublin0 seats leftSave $101USD $2,424
- FridayMay 25, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysWednesdayJun 6, 2018to Dublin0 seats leftSave $101USD $2,424
- MondayMay 28, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Dublin0 seats leftSave $101USD $2,424
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysWednesdayJun 20, 2018to Dublin0 seats leftSave $101USD $2,424
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Dublin0 seats leftSave $101USD $2,424
- FridayJun 22, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysWednesdayJul 4, 2018to Dublin0 seats leftSave $101USD $2,424
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland and Northern Ireland
Plugs & Adapters
- Edinburgh is the starting point and Dublin is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 June 2018 the full payment of $2,050 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2050 for Scotland & Ireland, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 147 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 99 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
- 114 km
- Glasgow (Scotland)
- 308 km
- Dublin (Ireland)
- 196 km
- Londonderry (Northern Ireland)
- 223 km
- Galway (Ireland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,050 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,672 tours in Europe
- covered by 201 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Scotland & Ireland