Scotland & Ireland (Summer, 13 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,525
- Rather Poor
- CCarleeWritten on October 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI did a two week tour through Scotland and Ireland. My tour manager, Ed, was the most knowledgeable tour guide. I felt like I truly had an understanding the othe histories of every place we visited. He had great suggestions on places to go and see. Awesome pub suggestions, if that’s your thing. I felt that I understood the do’s/donts for places so that I could stay safe. Our driver, Raf, was superior above anyone I’ve traveled with. His skills were pretty impressive lol. I really had an amazing two week experience and wish I could have stayed longer. I feel like a made tons of new friends and even though I came with a friend, I feel like I felt comfortable enough that I could have done it alone if I want to in the future! I’m truly thankful for the amazing break from life! Thank you Raf and Ed especially!Show detailed ratings
- KSKandyceWritten on October 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentScotland and Ireland...wow! Contiki really knows how to show you off! I had such an amazing trip. Ed was our phenomenal guide, and he truly went above and beyond to keep us informed about where we were and the history there. He also went out of his way to arrange group activities for us that were not apart of the inclusions or ME Time extras on the trip, like Scottish Ceilidh Dancing and bowling in Belfast! Raf was our driver, and he was a riot. Between "educating" the group on what house music in Europe was really like, to buying the whole bus Polish chocolates to eat, Raf always kept everything fun. And the man can party! Such an awesome experience for my first Contiki, and I can't wait to book my next trip!Show detailed ratings
- JessWritten on May 13, 20174.0 - GoodA fantastic trip that exceeded expectations. Our guide was excellent and the itinerary ticked lots of bucket list boxes :)Show detailed ratings
- LBLiranWritten on March 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentThank you for an amazing trip! Super well organised and an amazing staff!Show detailed ratings
- EErinWritten on June 23, 20164.5 - ExcellentTarryn was exceptional tour guide, very knowledgeable about every city in Scotland and Ireland we toured. Also she found my family's hometown on a map so I had some sense of where my ancestors came from. Tarryn was also fun to go out with and she had killer theme songs for our bus rides. I'd tour with her again in a heartbeat!Show detailed ratings
- NHNathanWritten on May 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentFrom the moment I met up with the tour in Scottland, Megs felt like an old friend I hadn't seen in awhile. She wasn't just the leader of the group but one of us!! She made the trip what it was, awesome and fun!! When I go on my next tour I could only hope that Megs was the tour leader, I only have the upmost respect for her and what she does. To sum Megs up in one word... Epic!!!Show detailed ratings
- JjulesWritten on May 20, 20165.0 - ExcellentMegs was a very knowledgable guide and made the trip very comfortable and fun for me. I loved seeing all the tourist sites and then the local bars at night. I still talk about the trip to people every chance I getShow detailed ratings
- GSGenevieveWritten on May 18, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe tour was amazing. Ellie was incredibly knowledgeable and her recommendations for sights/sounds/food and drinks were always a success. Her personality is ideal for this type of job. She managed to get everyone (from all walks of life) engaged in the tour. Couldn't have asked for a better trip!Show detailed ratings
- MMeganWritten on April 20, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis trip was beyond my expectations. It was the best time of my life and James was a big reason for that. He was so attentive to my sister when she had trouble getting up hills or stairs, he always made sure she was ok. He was kind, courteous, funny, and knowledgable about every place we went! His first concern was always the safety and happiness of the tour group. We loved him and am going to request him on my next contiki trip!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Edinburgh
- Day 2: Edinburgh
- Day 3: Edinburgh to Scottish Highlands via St. Andrews
- Day 4: Scottish Highlands to West Highlands via Isle of Skye
- Day 5: West Highlands to Glasgow via Stirling
- Day 6: Glasgow to Dublin via Larne
- Day 7: Dublin to Cork via Kilkenny
- Day 8: Cork to Galway via Blarney and Cliffs of Moher
- Day 9: Galway
- Day 10: Galway to Londonderry
- Day 11: Londonderry to Belfast via Giant's Causeway
- Day 12: Belfast to Dublin
- Day 13: Depart Dublin
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- In-Depth Explorer: live like a local with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki In-Depth Explorer Trips
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour will end after breakfast at 8 am in Dublin, where it is time to say a fond farewell to your newfound friends! Please be aware the hotel where the tour ends will not be confirmed until your booking is finalised.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of the tour generally starts from Holiday Inn in Edinburgh and as the first day is just an arrivals day you can arrive at any time. There is, however, a welcome meeting at approximately 4.30 pm so we recommend arriving beforehand so you can meet your group and fellow travellers. Please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Unfortunately, airport transfers are not available for this tour so you will need to make your own way to and from the airport.
Guides who have led this tour
- "With so many places in the world to explore it was always hard to stay in one place. Travelling is the..."
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Scotland & Ireland (Summer, 13 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- MondayOct 1, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to DublinNot available in your region
- MondayOct 8, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to Dublin0 seats left$126USD $2,525
- MondayOct 15, 2018from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Dublin7 seats left$126USD $2,525
- MondayApr 1, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to Dublin0 seats left$137USD $2,735
- MondayApr 8, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$137USD $2,735
- MondayApr 15, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Dublin0 seats left$137USD $2,735
- MondayApr 22, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$137USD $2,735
- MondayApr 29, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$137USD $2,735
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Dublin0 seats left$140USD $2,805
- FridayMay 10, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysWednesdayMay 22, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$140USD $2,805
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland and Northern Ireland
Plugs & Adapters
- Edinburgh is the starting point and Dublin is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 November 2018 the full payment of $2,525 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2525 for Scotland & Ireland (Summer, 13 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 147 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 99 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
- 114 km
- Glasgow (Scotland)
- 308 km
- Dublin (Ireland)
- 196 km
- Londonderry (Northern Ireland)
- 223 km
- Galway (Ireland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,525 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,853 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Scotland & Ireland (Summer, 13 Days)