Machu Picchu & Amazon Adventure
- Hiking & Trekking
- Active Adventure
- Mountain Hikes
- Wildlife Trekking
- Partially Guided
- Christmas & New Year
- Tour Operator:
- Active Adventures
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 90
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Sacred Valley
- Machu Picchu
- Puerto Maldonado
- Hike underneath the wildlife-rich canopies of the Amazon
- Bask in the spectacular beauty of the Sacred Valley
- Capture a picture with a friendly llama at Machu Picchu
- Day 1: Arrive in Cuzco, hike Sacsayhuamán fortress
- Day 2: Cycle Sacred Valley, visit Pisac market, hike Pisac ruins
- Day 3: to 6: Option B, Classic Inca Trail
- Day 3: to 6: Option A, Lares Inca Trail
- Day 3: 4, 5 and 6: Inca Trail options
- Day 6: (continued): Explore Machu Picchu
- Day 7: Free day in Cuzco
- Day 8: Journey to the Amazon, wildlife viewing in Tambopata Reserve
- Day 9: Wildlife hike, virgin jungle exploration
- Day 10: Return to Cuzco, depart for home
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Active Adventures
Our aim is to share with you the grandeur of the outdoors, the joy of achievement, the pleasure of good company and the warmest hospitality on our incredible adventure vacations. Based in Queenstown, New Zealand - we're a small group with a big promise. We sweat the small stuff and look after all the details so that you don't have to. Join us on a small group adventure tour that goes beyond your bucket list!Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- ADarian· December 7th, 2019Had a blast on the Jaguar trip. Guides were totally professional, very knowledgeable, and friendly. As a person who always backpacks alone/duo and does everything self contained - I can't imagine adventuring around Peru without these guides, they are... Show moreTrip date: February 2019Review collected by Active Adventures
- AKrista· December 1st, 2019Amazing trip to a very colorful country. Enjoyed the whole tripTrip date: April 2018Review collected by Active Adventures
- ABeth· November 6th, 2019This trip was totally amazing. beautiful scenery, wonderful guides, great food and full of lots off active adventures.Trip date: December 2019Review collected by Active Adventures
- AJessica· October 7th, 2019I couldn’t say enough good things about Erick! He is patient, attentive, prepared and extremely intelligent. He has the highest IQ of anyone I’ve ever met.Trip date: June 2019Review collected by Active Adventures
- AJennifer· September 9th, 2019From the moment we signed up, steps were taken to make sure we were ready to have a great time. Our guides Arturo and Gustavo were amazing. We were kept very busy and fed almost too much. HaHa.Trip date: November 2019Review collected by Active Adventures
- AAlexander· August 24th, 2019Joining Active Adventures for the Jaguar trip with the Lares trail was absolutely incredible. Every day was filled with new cultural experiences. From eating at some of the best traditional Peruvian restaurants in the bustle of Cuzco to the talking with... Show moreTrip date: June 2019Review collected by Active Adventures
- ASusan· August 15th, 2019Wilson & Salvadore our fantastic, knowledgeable and funny guides went above and beyond (along with the entire team of chefs, porters & mules :)) to make our experience exciting, fun, comfortable, and very memorable in a unique way - exposing us to their... Show moreTrip date: July 2019Review collected by Active Adventures
- AJoseph· August 5th, 2019For anyone interested in seeing and doing various activities in one trip, the Jaguar trip is the ultimate adventure. From hiking the Lares or Classic Inca Trail (which I did) to biking to motoring up the river to the Amazon jungle, this adventure gets... Show moreTrip date: April 2019Review collected by Active Adventures
- AMelissa· July 17th, 2019I knew the trip would be a challenge before we started but the journey exceeded expectations and was worth the effort. Erick is a magnificent guide who handled all challenges effortlessly. It was a fantastic trip that we all will remember for the rest... Show moreTrip date: June 2019Review collected by Active Adventures
- AMatthew· June 24th, 2019I couldn't be happier with my trip to Peru! Active Adventures is the only way to go and I have recommended them to everyone I talk to and tell about my trip. The guides are hands down some of the best and most knowledgeable I've ever had the pleasure to... Show moreTrip date: February 2019Review collected by Active Adventures
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Sunday2 Apr, 2023Tuesday11 Apr, 2023English$4,499
- Sunday16 Apr, 2023Tuesday25 Apr, 2023English$4,499
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday30 Apr, 2023Tuesday9 May, 2023English$4,499
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday7 May, 2023Tuesday16 May, 2023English$4,499
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday14 May, 2023Tuesday23 May, 2023English$4,499
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday21 May, 2023Tuesday30 May, 2023English$4,499
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday28 May, 2023Tuesday6 Jun, 2023English$4,499
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday11 Jun, 2023Tuesday20 Jun, 2023English$4,499
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday25 Jun, 2023Tuesday4 Jul, 2023English$4,499
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday2 Jul, 2023Tuesday11 Jul, 2023English$4,499
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F. As a traveller from England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B, C, E, F.
- Type APeru
- Type BPeru
- Type CPeru
- Type EPeru
- Type FPeru
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever - Recommended for Peru. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before June 28th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after June 28th, 2023, a minimum payment of $500 is required to confirm your booking with Active Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 90 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Active Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Active Adventures" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Active Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the Active Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Peru
- Peru Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- 10 Best South America Backpacking Tours & Trips 2023/2024
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2023/2024
- Best Hiking Tours in The World 2023/2024
- Peru from Cusco
- Peru Hiking & Trekking
- Small group tour
- 10 days Peru
- Operators in Latin America
- Machu Picchu & Amazon Adventure Tours in Peru
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Amazonian Basin Tours
- Peru Tours
- Latin America Tours
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Mountain Hikes Tours
- Wildlife Trekking Tours
- Group Tours
- Partially Guided Tours
- Historical Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Amazonian Basin
- Peru tours