Japan: Land of the Rising Sun
- Tour Operator:
- Intrepid Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 15 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
Places You’ll See
- Walk the ‘Path of Philosophy’ culture capital Kyoto
- Visit the morning markets in mountainous Takayama
- See the A-Bomb Dome and Memorial in Hiroshima
- Reach speeds of 320 km/hr on a Japanese bullet train
- See shrines and temples in the sacred city of Nikko
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1: Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo - Nikko
- Day 3: Nikko
- Day 4: Hakone
- Day 5: Hakone
- Day 6: Takayama
- Day 7: Takayama
- Day 8: Hiroshima
- Day 9: Miyajima - Hiroshima
- Day 10: Kyoto
- Day 11-12: Kyoto
- Day 13: Kyoto
- Hygiene Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AJanet S· September 18th, 2019Trip ran smoothly. Guide treated everyone nicely. He helped people with big luggage and made sure all got back to hotel safely. Eric was helpful and caring to us all.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ATarnia Y· September 18th, 2019Got to see lots of Japan. Was really pleased to see some of the smaller cities (Takayama, Nikko and Hakone) as these would be places you may not go to if not on a guided tour.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AJayme G· September 18th, 2019I loved the trip, it gave a good taste of japan and a lot in it.Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AEmma P· September 18th, 2019The tour leader was excellent and the itinerary was good so as a solo traveller I loved it! The trip could be done a lot cheaper independently but I don’t think I would have learned as much about the culture without the tour leaderTrip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ASuzanne H· September 18th, 2019I LOVED the GUIDEhe was A+ His love and interest and KNOWLEDGE was one of the best I have had.The holidays made it difficult in the end of trip to visit certain restaurants and Pease Museum so that was a bummer.Darn 4 day holiday at News Years, does not... Show moreTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ASusan M· September 18th, 2019I would recommend Intrepid based on the group size and the ability of the tour to deliver real and local experiences of the countries culture to its clients.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AKaren N· September 18th, 2019Alain Sabourin was an excellent tour guide - he has both the personality and local knowledge requiredTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AC A· September 18th, 2019I find Japan a daunting place to travel - lots of rigid social rules and my inability to communicate in Japanese make it harder than most. Alain Sabourin did an excellent job of leading the trip - coping with the logistics relatively seamlessly, and... Show moreTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ANicola M· September 18th, 2019Great leader. Well organized and designed trip with good amounts of freedom.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- Arianna· July 6th, 2019The accommodation was too expensive for its qualityIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Arianna, sorry to hear your experience was not as expected. The safety and satisfaction of our travelers is our number one priority. We’d like to look into this further – can you send us a message with your full name, booking reference and to... Show moreTrip date: June 2019
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday3 Oct, 2021EnglishFriday15 Oct, 2021$4,9350% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Tuesday12 Oct, 2021EnglishSunday24 Oct, 2021$5,3300% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday24 Oct, 2021EnglishFriday5 Nov, 2021$4,9350% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday31 Oct, 2021EnglishFriday12 Nov, 2021$4,9350% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday7 Nov, 2021EnglishFriday19 Nov, 2021$4,7450% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday16 Jan, 2022EnglishFriday28 Jan, 2022$4,9800% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday30 Jan, 2022EnglishFriday11 Feb, 2022$4,9800% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday13 Feb, 2022EnglishFriday25 Feb, 2022$4,9800% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday27 Feb, 2022EnglishFriday11 Mar, 2022$4,9800% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday6 Mar, 2022EnglishFriday18 Mar, 2022$5,1800% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the age range?
- What is the minimum age required to join this tour?
- What meals are included?
- What is the type of accommodation used on this tour?
- What is the group size of this tour?
- Can my 14 year old kid join this tour?
- Are your prices up to date with that of the tour operator's?
- Which airport in Tokyo do you recommend flying into?
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Japan
- Japan Travel Guide
- 2 Week (14 Days) Japan Travel Itineraries & Cost 2021
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- Japan from Tokyo
- Japan In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 13 days Japan
- From Tokyo to Kyoto
- Operators in Asia
- Southern Japan
- In-depth Cultural tours
- Honshu tours
- Japan tours
- Central Japan
- Southern Japan