Japan: Land of the Rising Sun
- Our saving
- US $ 3,930
- +4 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Walk the ‘Path of Philosophy’ culture capital Kyoto
- Visit the morning markets in mountainous Takayama
- See the A-Bomb Dome and Memorial in Hiroshima
- Reach speeds of 320 km/hr on a Japanese bullet train
- See shrines and temples in the sacred city of Nikko
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Plane, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Train & Rail
- Rather Poor
- JLJoseWritten on November 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fascinating Tour! Excellent Guide!
- TGThomasWritten on October 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
A great tour of the highlights of Japan - well paced and organised. Tour leader (Ken) was extremely enthusiastic and went above and beyond. Pack light, where slip on shoes, vegetarians might struggle but will cope (I did!).
- DDavidWritten on November 13, 20161.0 - Bad
I have done many tours. See reviews in Tripadvisor under Daventurer. Intrepid/Venture Tours- if you removed the romanticized language and sales jargon, this is what you may get. 14 day tour really means 12 days as the first day starts at 6pm and the last... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi David, We are so sorry to hear about your experiences on the Land of the Rising Sun trip. We truly value your feedback and want to make this right. We are keen to pass this information along to our customer relations and operations team to avoid a similar situation on future departures. Could you please email us at customerrelations@IntrepidTravel.com?
- CPCliftonWritten on August 9, 20163.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour was structured and well paced - perhaps a bit too long in Hiroshima and Kyoto, which could have been used on another location. Guide was competent, and happy to provide assistance to arrange and schedule day trips, as well as give advice about... Read more
- JJJohannesWritten on July 24, 20163.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
We booked this trip for a number of reasons: 1 to be navigated through the transport system; this was successful 2 to be directed or led to the main sights; also successful 3 to have pre-arranged good accommodation: mediocre 4 to sample good Japanese food:... Read more
- LLaurenWritten on May 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had an amazing time on this trip. It was a great group of people of mixed ages all travelling to experience the sights, sounds and tastes of Japan. Our guide was amazing and was happy to seek out specialty restaurants of shops if we wanted to try... Read more
- MNMarkWritten on April 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Japan is fantastic! the food, people, sights! I cannot say enough good things about this. The country is def expensive so i found after computing the cost to do on my own, i was making out MUCH BETTER going with a group. And this trip seemed to cover... Read more
- ATAndrewWritten on April 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
WOW! What an amazing place and out local guide Yuri was AWESOME! She knew everything, ask a question and she would give you an answer. I loved Japan, I would of struggled to do so much without being part of an organised tour and the language barrier would... Read more
- CchanelleWritten on November 27, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I was blown away by the culture, the food, the local leaders knowledge and the ease of getting around in a group. I would never do Japan on my own, it was a challenge doing a few nights by myself and trying to just navigate the subway system.
- NathanWritten on November 15, 20144.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great tour to get a taste of Japan!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo/Nikko
- Day 3: Nikko
- Day 4: Hakone
- Day 5: Hakone
- Day 6: Takayama
- Day 7: Takayama
- Day 8: Hiroshima
- Day 9: Hiroshima
- Day 10: Kyoto
- Day 11: Kyoto
- Day 13: Kyoto
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age range?
The age range for this tour is 15 - 99 years old. That means that those under the age of 15 are unable to participate, and those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. There is no hard upper age limit for this tour so providing that travellers are comfortable with the demands of the itinerary. A wide range of ages join this tour, and Intrepid believe it's all about shared attitude - not age!
What is the minimum age required to join this tour?
The minimum age on this tour is 15 years old.
What meals are included?
You have 2 breakfasts and 2 diners included.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- David18th November 2018
Japan: Land of the Rising Sun
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Tokyo13 DaysThursdayJan 3, 2019to Kyoto0 seats left$178USD $4,267
- SundayJan 13, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysFridayJan 25, 2019to Kyoto5 seats left$176USD $4,219
- SundayJan 27, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysFridayFeb 8, 2019to Kyoto6 seats left$380$4,310-9%USD $3,930
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysFridayFeb 22, 2019to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$178USD $4,262Book Now Hold my
- SundayFeb 24, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysFridayMar 8, 2019to Kyoto5 seats left$186USD $4,469
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysFridayMar 22, 2019to Kyoto6 seats left$179USD $4,301
- SundayMar 17, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysFridayMar 29, 2019to Kyoto5 seats left$188USD $4,517
- TuesdayMar 19, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysSundayMar 31, 2019to Kyoto0 seats left$185USD $4,430
- SundayMar 24, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysFridayApr 5, 2019to Kyoto0 seats left$201USD $4,824
- TuesdayMar 26, 2019from Tokyo13 DaysSundayApr 7, 2019to Kyoto0 seats left$201USD $4,824
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 February 2019 the full payment of $3,930 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3930 for Japan: Land of the Rising Sun, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 111 km
- Nikko (Japan)
- 176 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 190 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 478 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,930 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,842 tours in Asia
- covered by 390 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan: Land of the Rising Sun
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers