- Our saving
- US $ 1,354
- +2 Destinations
- Croatian Islands
- Relax on the quiet island of Lopud
- Walk the streets of "King's Landing"
- Swim the clear waters of Korcula Island
- Enjoy traditional Dalmatian meat loaf
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Apartment
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- JBJosephWritten on May 23, 20183.0 - AverageThe trip was set up to make us pay for all kinds of "extras," like meals and transport. Especially annoying was that I paid for a single supplement, but at our last hotel, I was told I had to share a room, and had to make separate arrangements for a private room, for which I had to pay extra.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Joseph, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're sorry to hear that you were annoyed at having to pay extra for the final two nights of the trip. This is common of all of our Explore Croatia departures as the final property is very busy and often sold out of single rooms, and it is clearly stated on our website that the single supplement does not include these final two nights. Nevertheless, we are very sorry for any disappointment or stress this caused you. Please feel free to email email@example.com if you would like to discuss further or share any additional feedback. Kind regards, Intrepid
- KathyWritten on May 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentExcellent tour that allowed us to begin to experience and appreciate the culture and natural beauty of Croatia. Our tour leader was fantastic and our small group of 7 got along very well.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Kathleen, thanks for sharing your experience with us, we are delighted to hear you had a great time in Croatia! Such a beautiful country, and we're so happy that you had fun with your leader and your small group! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- JasonWritten on July 6, 20163.0 - AverageThe tour was ok but the ages of most of the people on my tour were much older than me (Im in my 30s and the people were in their 60s mostly). This was disappointing as they had said there would most likely be lots of younger people on it. Also, they would do nothing to try and get me on another tour even though there were many other tours leaving Dubrovnik, they basically said well that is your problem. Would not do another Intrepid tour again.Show detailed ratings
- MMMayaWritten on April 21, 20165.0 - ExcellentI can't say enough great things about this trip. My group was great, you can't beat ferry transport and the itinerary was fantastic. We had a private dinner at a local's house where the food just kept coming. In Hvar we rented a private boat as a group and went island hopping. Croatia is just a beautiful country and the trip with Intrepid couldn't have been better.Show detailed ratings
- MMMayaWritten on November 24, 20155.0 - ExcellentThis was my first trip with Intrepid Travel and everything was seamless. Our guide was Croatian and really went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. The group dynamic was really fun and I got a chance to do everything that was on my list - rented a boat and went island hopping, hiking, visited a national park (Krka) and I REALLY enjoyed the orientation tour in Split. I will definitely be going on another trip this year.Show detailed ratings
- StuWritten on June 24, 20134.0 - GoodThe cities covered were great and so was the tour length. The size of the group (6 plus the guide) was a really good size. We used local guides a couple of times - the woman (Susie) in Split was fabulous. Peter was a really good tour guide and I wouldn't hesitate to travel with him again on a more intrepid tour. However for Croatia it would have been nice to have a Croatian tour guide who knew more about the country and experienced its history, and could give more detailed advice on what to do and where to go. I don't think Peter had guided the Croatian tour before so I would have expected Intrepid to have built up a log of experience to hand over to him, but that wasn't obvious. The Dubrovnick accommodation was a bit old-fashioned and the restaurant was more like a school cafeteria with poor food. If the intention was to give us more experience of Dubrovnick in the communist era then you succeeded. But the rest of the accommodation far exceeded my expectations. The only other disappointment was the written 'pamphlet' Peter gave us about the tour on the first day. Has Intrepid management actually read it? In theory it is a great idea to provide more information, but when I finally started reading it I found it was full of spelling errors and poor grammar. And it was inaccurate. For example it mentioned all the lavender fields we could explore in Havar. But I took a local safari tour on Havar and was told the lavender fields had all been destroyed by a fire in 2007. So why didn't Intrepid update its information? Finally... you might want to think about the meet-up facebook site more. Peter our guide didn't seem aware of it. I thought it was weird that I had to create the tour myself on facebook. Maybe in future all guides should at least set up a FB page before the tour and say hello - it might be a bit friendlier. All in all though, a great tour. Thanks Peter & intrepid for putting it together.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Dubrovnik
- Day 2: Dubrovnik
- Day 3: Korcula Island
- Day 4: Korcula Island
- Day 5: Hvar Island
- Day 6: Hvar Island
- Day 7: Split
- Day 8: Split
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where and when does the tour end?
The tour ends in Split on Day 8 of the trip. There are no activities planned for the final day, so after check out you are free to depart, or spend the day ticking off some of the suggested optional excursions!
Where and when does the tour start?
Day 1 of the tour starts in Dubrovnik. You can catch a pre-booked transfer, taxi or airport bus and connecting city bus to the tour meeting point, which will be at the following address:
Obala Ivana Pavla II 13
Phone: +385 20 610 300
There are no activities planned for this day so you are free to explore the city and settle into the hotel. At 6pm there will be an important welcome meeting where you can get to know your guide and fellow travellers.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
We can pre-book your departure and arrival transfers, however this is not included in the tour price and will be an extra charge. Please contact our customer service team for more information once you have a confirmed booking. Alternately you can catch the airport bus to the final stop at Pile Gate, then catch the city bus 1a, 1b or 1c directly to Hostel Sol. There are also taxis available just outside of the airport.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Split0 seats left$59USD $1,426
- WednesdayAug 29, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysWednesdaySep 5, 2018to SplitOnly 3 seats left$58USD $1,382
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to SplitOnly 2 seats left$63USD $1,507
- WednesdaySep 5, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysWednesdaySep 12, 2018to Split4 seats left$62USD $1,478
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Split0 seats left$62USD $1,478
- WednesdaySep 12, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysWednesdaySep 19, 2018to Split0 seats left$62USD $1,478
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to Split0 seats left$62USD $1,493
- WednesdaySep 19, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysWednesdaySep 26, 2018to Split0 seats left$60USD $1,450
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to Split0 seats left$55USD $1,330
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to SplitOnly 2 seats left$56USD $1,354
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Dubrovnik is the starting point and Split is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 October 2018 the full payment of $1,354 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1354 for Explore Croatia, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 86 km
- Korcula Island (Croatia)
- 52 km
- Hvar Island (Croatia)
- 40 km
- Split (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,354 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,049 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Explore Croatia
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers