Christmas Markets of Central Europe
- Our saving
- US $ 1,872
- Central Europe’s festive market scene
- Savour the delights of Salzburg
- Discover the vibrant sights of Vienna
- Enjoy the thermal baths of Budapest
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Travel style
- Christmas & New Year, In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- MHMarilynWritten on December 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip was great! We met in Munich - 3 Aussies, 2 Americans and Tajna, our tour leader. An orientation walk and a dinner at a beer hall got us started. Tajna is confident, reliable, approachable, understanding and flexible. All of which were excellent... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Munich
- Day 2: Munich
- Day 3: Salzburg
- Day 4: Salzburg
- Day 5: Vienna
- Day 6: Vienna
- Day 7: Budapest
- Day 8: Budapest
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a maximum age limit for this trip?
There is no upper age limit for trips with Intrepid. As long as your fit and healthy enough to do the tour itinerary then you are more than welcome.
Does this tour operate in the opposite direction?
This tour has a set itinerary and operates only in the one direction.
What is the group size in this tour?
The average group size is 10 travellers but the tour has a maximum size of 12.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Peter11th December 2018
Christmas Markets of Central Europe
- Upcoming departures
- November 2019
- December 2019
- November 2020
- December 2020
- FridayNov 29, 2019from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 6, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$38USD $1,872
- SundayDec 1, 2019from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 8, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$38USD $1,872
- WednesdayDec 4, 2019from Munich8 DaysWednesdayDec 11, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$38USD $1,872
- FridayDec 6, 2019from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 13, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$38USD $1,872
- SundayDec 8, 2019from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 15, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$38USD $1,872
- WednesdayDec 11, 2019from Munich8 DaysWednesdayDec 18, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$38USD $1,872
- FridayDec 13, 2019from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 20, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$38USD $1,872
- SundayDec 15, 2019from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 22, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$38USD $1,872
- FridayNov 27, 2020from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 4, 2020to Budapest10+ seats left$40USD $1,965
- SundayNov 29, 2020from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 6, 2020to Budapest10+ seats left$40USD $1,965
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Munich is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 March 2019 the full payment of $1,872 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1872 for Christmas Markets of Central Europe, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Munich (Germany)
- 115 km
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 251 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,872 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,292 tours in Europe
- covered by 332 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Christmas Markets of Central Europe
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers