Christmas Markets of Central Europe
- US $ 1,750
- Central Europe’s festive market scene
- Savour the delights of Salzburg
- Discover the vibrant sights of Vienna
- Enjoy the thermal baths of Budapest
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- MHMarilynWritten on December 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was great! We met in Munich - 3 Aussies, 2 Americans and Tajna, our tour leader. An orientation walk and a dinner at a beer hall got us started. Tajna is confident, reliable, approachable, understanding and flexible. All of which were excellent qualities for this trip. She took us to multiple Christmas markets and offered suggestions for even more. After Munich came Saltzburg where we also got a Sound of Music tour and a trip through a salt mine in addition to amazing Christmas markets. Then on to Vienna - my favorite place in the trip. Great markets, wonderful food and drink, beautiful city. We ended in Budapest where the rain drove me into the thermal baths for the day. Not a bad way to suffer on a cold rainy dayShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Munich
- Day 2: Munich
- Day 3: Salzburg
- Day 4: Salzburg
- Day 5: Vienna
- Day 6: Vienna
- Day 7: Budapest
- Day 8: Budapest
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 1, 2016
Is there a maximum age limit for this trip?
There is no upper age limit for trips with Intrepid. As long as your fit and healthy enough to do the tour itinerary then you are more than welcome.
- February 3, 2015
Does this tour operate in the opposite direction?
This tour has a set itinerary and operates only in the one direction.
- January 2, 2015
What is the group size in this tour?
The average group size is 10 travellers but the tour has a maximum size of 12.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Johanna30th January 2018
Christmas Markets of Central Europe
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridayNov 30, 2018from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 7, 2018to BudapestOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,750Book Now Hold my
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to Budapest5 seats leftUSD $1,800
- WednesdayDec 5, 2018from Munich8 DaysWednesdayDec 12, 2018to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,750
- FridayDec 7, 2018from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 14, 2018to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,750
- SundayDec 9, 2018from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 16, 2018to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,820
- WednesdayDec 12, 2018from Munich8 DaysWednesdayDec 19, 2018to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,820
- FridayDec 14, 2018from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 21, 2018to Budapest8 seats leftUSD $1,820
- SundayDec 16, 2018from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 23, 2018to Budapest6 seats leftUSD $1,910
- FridayNov 29, 2019from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 6, 2019to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,835
- SundayDec 1, 2019from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 8, 2019to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,835
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Munich is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 May 2018 the full payment of $1,750 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1750 for Christmas Markets of Central Europe, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Munich (Germany)
- 115 km
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 251 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,750 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,423 tours in Europe
- covered by 191 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Christmas Markets of Central Europe
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers