Christmas Markets of Central Europe
- Our saving
- US $ 1,528
- Central Europe’s festive market scene
- Savour the delights of Salzburg
- Discover the vibrant sights of Vienna
- Enjoy the thermal baths of Budapest
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport
- Travel style
- Christmas & New Year, In-depth Cultural
- Intrepid Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Munich
- Day 2: Munich
- Day 3: Salzburg
- Day 4: Salzburg
- Day 5: Vienna
- Day 6: Vienna
- Day 7: Budapest
- Day 8: Budapest
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- MHMarilynWritten on December 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip was great! We met in Munich - 3 Aussies, 2 Americans and Tajna, our tour leader. An orientation walk and a dinner at a beer hall got us started. Tajna is confident, reliable, approachable, understanding and flexible. All of which were excellent... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a maximum age limit for this trip?
There is no upper age limit for trips with Intrepid. As long as your fit and healthy enough to do the tour itinerary then you are more than welcome.
Does this tour operate in the opposite direction?
This tour has a set itinerary and operates only in the one direction.
What is the group size in this tour?
The average group size is 10 travellers but the tour has a maximum size of 12.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- David31st August 2019
Christmas Markets of Central Europe
- Upcoming departures
- November 2019
- December 2019
- November 2020
- December 2020
- FridayNov 29, 2019from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 6, 2019to Budapest0 seats leftUSD $2,060
- SundayDec 1, 2019from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 8, 2019to BudapestOnly 1 seat left$412$2,060-20%USD $1,648
- WednesdayDec 4, 2019from Munich8 DaysWednesdayDec 11, 2019to Budapest6 seats left$393$1,965-20%USD $1,572
- FridayDec 6, 2019from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 13, 2019to Budapest6 seats left$382$1,910-20%USD $1,528
- SundayDec 8, 2019from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 15, 2019to Budapest4 seats left$416$2,080-20%USD $1,664
- MondayDec 9, 2019from Munich8 DaysMondayDec 16, 2019to Budapest4 seats left$397$1,985-20%USD $1,588
- WednesdayDec 11, 2019from Munich8 DaysWednesdayDec 18, 2019to Budapest4 seats left$416$2,080-20%USD $1,664
- FridayDec 13, 2019from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 20, 2019to Budapest0 seats leftUSD $2,100
- SundayDec 15, 2019from Munich8 DaysSundayDec 22, 2019to Budapest0 seats leftUSD $2,100
- FridayNov 27, 2020from Munich8 DaysFridayDec 4, 2020to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,915
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Munich is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 21 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 21 November 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Intrepid Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Intrepid Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions. TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Munich (Germany)
- 115 km
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 251 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,528 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,225 tours in Europe
- covered by 552 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Christmas Markets of Central Europe
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers