Start planning your tour
Start and end in Antananarivo! With the wildlife tour Madagascar: The Lost Continent, you have a 15 day tour package taking you through Antananarivo, Madagascar and 9 other destinations in Madagascar. Madagascar: The Lost Continent includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Day 1: Join trip in Antananarivo
Start point Hotel Au Bois Vert, Hotel reception, Antalamohitra, Antananarivo 105, Madagascar 17:00
- Day 2: Morning drive to Andasibe Reserve; afternoon optional wildlife walks
- Day 3: Morning walk in Mantadia National Park before a free afternoon
- Day 4: Full day drive to colonial Antsirabe in the Central Highlands
- Day 5: Morning walk at Lake Tritiva; afternoon drive to Ambositira and traditional Malagasy meal with local dancing
- Day 6: Full day scenic drive to Ranomafana National Park
- Day 7: Spend the morning exploring Ranomafana National Park on foot in search of lemurs and birdlife
- Day 8: Drive to Isalo National Park (Ranohira)
- Day 9: Explore Isalo National Park 'Madagascar's Grand Canyon'
- Day 10: Drive to Toliara, through the Spiny Desert, stopping at Mahafaly Tombs
- Day 11: Travel by boat to Anakaoon the Indian Ocean and relax this afternoon
- Day 12: Free day to relax or take an optional excursion
- Day 13: Return by boat to Toliara before an afternoon flight back to the country's capital 'Tana'
- Day 14: Visit Madagascar's oldest palace, Ambohimanga, and take in the views across the city
Day 15: Trip ends in Antananarivo
End point Hotel Au Bois Vert, Hotel reception, Antalamohitra, Antananarivo 105, Madagascar 09:00
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- CChristineWatson· January 04, 2020A varied and very interesting holiday, some long days travel on rough roads but worth the effort.Explore! commented on this reviewHi Christine, Thanks for the review and yes the terrain can be a bit tough but as you say well worth the effort to take in the best of this wonderful country. The Explore TeamTrip date: November 2019
- ABronwyn· December 23, 2019Amazing trip with loads of adventures and a bit of R&R time at beach.Trip date: April 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AAnthony· December 23, 2019-Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AJoan· December 23, 2019A couple of day rooms could be provided at the hotel in Tulear to store /sort bags and shower. It is a long wait there for the evening flight.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AAdrienne· December 23, 2019Again thanks to Claude, I felt always so save and protected, me and our luggage, he looked after all of us and managed everything perfectTrip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ANigel· December 23, 2019-Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AEileen· December 23, 2019When you stated the trip was "full on" I doubted my ability to deal with the "trekking etc" but in fact, because I am a walker, I found the walking easy. I am nearly 75 and it was not strenous. I believe the "full on" should apply to the journeys -... Show moreTrip date: August 2019Review collected by Explore!
- KKimAnderson· October 29, 2019The trip can be fairly physical sometimes. There is a lot of hiking and climbing in spots, but that is what I loved about the trip. You will be in the rain forest, so you will be dirty and uncomfortable at times. But what you see is so special and... Show moreTrip date: September 2019
- Ddhoutzager· September 14, 2019Excellent tour and though it says full on, there is plenty of time at each place and plenty of time for your self. Food is really good and all the guides were amazing. Meals is only average, because not every meal (especialy breakfast) was not... Show moreTrip date: August 2019
- ARoss· May 17, 2019Fantastic adventure, loved it!Trip date: October 2018Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Madagascar: The Lost Continent
From Antananarivo to Antananarivo
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayAug 1, 2020SaturdayAug 15, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,930
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayAug 15, 2020SaturdayAug 29, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,930
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdaySep 5, 2020SaturdaySep 19, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,080
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdaySep 19, 2020SaturdayOct 3, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,080
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 3, 2020SaturdayOct 17, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,080
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 10, 2020SaturdayOct 24, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,080
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 24, 2020SaturdayNov 7, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,040
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayNov 7, 2020SaturdayNov 21, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,930
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayNov 28, 2020SaturdayDec 12, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,930
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayMar 20, 2021SaturdayApr 3, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,010
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar