Southern Tuscany Walking and Wine
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Physical rating:
- Age range:
- 14 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
- Stroll through vineyards, rolling fields and cypress trees
- Sample some of Italy's finest wines from Chianti to Brunello
- Wander the streets of medieval and renaissance cities
- Enjoy the fresh produce and delicious flavours of Tuscany
Travel, Your Way
Good reasons for travelling privately:
Personalise your trip
Make changes to the itinerary, accommodation, or transport method
Increased safety during COVID
Spend the majority of time amongst your group to reduce exposure to others
Travel more exclusively
Your tour guide can focus all their attention on your group
Travel for a special occasion
Celebrate an important event by only travelling with your friends or family
- Day 1: Trip starts today in Pisa
- Day 2: Walk to San Gimignano; wine tasting
- Day 3: Walk in the heart of Chianti country
- Day 4: Visit medieval Siena; drive to Pienza in southern Tuscany
- Day 5: Walk to Montepulciano via Montichiello
- Day 6: Hike in the Val D'Orcia to hill-top Montalcino
- Day 7: Drive to Florence; orientation walk
- Day 8: Trip ends in Florence
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AClive· December 23rd, 2019Florence is a very well visited city and as such nearly all the tour had previously visited the city. It may be worthy of consideration to find an alternative final day to this tour in futureExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Florence is a great city and we feel that it is a great end to a weeks walking in Tuscany. We will pass on your comments to the product manager to review for improvements to the holiday.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AStephanie· December 23rd, 2019I think you may want to stress in big bold letters the activity level needed and the proper walking gear several more times in your tour information just so everyone is well aware they will be doing some elevations and not just flat or slightly up and... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThank you for your review. We do try to make it clear in our trip notes the amount of walking and ascents/descents that will be undertaken each day so that everyone can decide if they are suited to the trip. I will pass your comments on to the product... Show moreTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AGill· December 23rd, 2019Great trip - would like more of the same in other locations. Guide was brilliant. Trip notes were 'spot on'. Organising a group meal at the hotel in Pienza would not have been our choice - it was very expensive.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad that you had a great trip :)Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AMary· December 23rd, 2019Overall, a most enjoyable trip. The walking, the city trips , the leader and fellow travellers were all superb. More time in Sam Gimingnano would have been appreciated.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!Trip date: April 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AClare· December 23rd, 2019NoExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your trip!Trip date: October 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AJoy· December 23rd, 2019I think some in the group found the walks more strenuous than expected. Personally, I thought the information provided about the length, nature and elevation of the walks was accurate - I'm not a serious hill walker and had no problems.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!Trip date: October 2019Review collected by Explore!
- APaul· December 23rd, 2019My main comment is about the name of the trip which does not reflect the trip itself. First, I don't know what a 'Wine Trail' is - no such thing. Second, the content was this: 6 days in Tuscany, 4 days walking, only 2 wine tastings included; so the... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AGillian· May 17th, 2019A really excellent trip. The walks were certainly moderate and I would not have been that keen to do them the warmer months. Without wishing to sound too gushing and having been on a number of Explore trips to be have a considered view, Federica is an... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: September 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AJohn· May 17th, 2019A good trip as advertised although I found the walking a bit harder than I anticipated. The hilltop towns live up to their name!Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ASandra· May 17th, 2019No. It was a lovely trip and Federica was a very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable leaderExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: September 2018Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday5 Sep, 2021EnglishSunday12 Sep, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,5100% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday19 Sep, 2021EnglishSunday26 Sep, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,5100% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday3 Oct, 2021EnglishSunday10 Oct, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,5100% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday24 Apr, 2022EnglishSunday1 May, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,5600% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday8 May, 2022EnglishSunday15 May, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,5600% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday22 May, 2022EnglishSunday29 May, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,5600% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday4 Sep, 2022EnglishSunday11 Sep, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,5600% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday18 Sep, 2022EnglishSunday25 Sep, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,5600% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday2 Oct, 2022EnglishSunday9 Oct, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,5600% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Italy
- Italy Travel Guide
- Family Trip to Europe Itineraries (From 1 to 3 Weeks)
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies (with Reviews)
- Hiking in Europe in February
- Hiking in Europe in January
- Hiking in Europe in May
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2021 | TourRadar
- Italy from Pisa
- Italy Hiking & Trekking
- Small group tour
- 8 days Italy
- From Pisa to Florence
- Operators in Europe
- Hiking & Trekking tours
- Tuscany tours
- Italy tours
- Europe tours
- Central Italy