Highlights of Albania
- US $ 1,210
- Wander through the streets of Albania's colourful capital
- Spend time in Pogradec overlooking tranquil Lake Ohrid
- Delve into culture and enjoy a glass of raki with the locals
- Visit the ancient hilltop castle of UNESCO Gjirokastra
- Explore one of the most unspoilt areas in the Adriatic Sea
- Discover one of the greatest Balkan archaeological sites
- Age range
- 14 to 85 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Discovery, Walking Tour, Sightseeing
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Join trip in Tirana
Start point Hotel Vila Tafaj, Hotel Reception, Rruga Mine Peza, Tiranë, Albania 16:00
- Day 2: Visit to Petrela Fortress and walking tour of Tirana
- Day 3: See Elbasan Fortress and drive to Lake Ohrid
- Day 4: Drive to Korca via the medieval town of Voskopoja
- Day 5: Scenic drive to Permeti and walk through the Benja countryside
- Day 6: Drive through the mountains to old Balkan town of Gjirokastra
- Day 7: Explore Butrint, one of the greatest archaeological sites in the Balkans
- Day 8: Visit Ali Pasha's Fortress; stay in Llogora National Park
- Day 9: Visit ancient Apollonia and Vlora en route to Berat
- Day 10: Walking tour of Berat and Durresi
Day 11: Trip ends in Kruja
End point Hotel Panorama, Hotel reception, Rruga Kala, Krujë District, Albania 09:00
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- CharlieWritten on September 24, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This is a fascinating tour. Albania feels like a country that's had a heavy boot removed from it, and the result is a bit chaotic, a bit over-excited and a bit patchy. The country is none the worse for all this, and the rough and ready nature is part of the... Read more
- FFayeCourtneyWritten on September 3, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
A wonderful introduction to Albania with a variety of cultural, historical, seeing the landscape activities. The hotels generaly were good.
- PPhilWilliamsWritten on September 2, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
An excellent tour. Great history and archaeology, scenery, food, culture and people, all presented through the eyes of an excellent and knowledgeable guide.
- LlornaturnerWritten on September 2, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
great place to visit - people very friendly and pleased to have tourists visiting. the food and wine were very good. the scenery was brilliant and a great time was had. Our guide, denis, was brilliant. Very passionate about his country and had lots of... Read more
- SSueBeckinghamWritten on May 18, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour and the itinerary were very good. The scenery was beautiful as were the wild flowers. Food was good and very reasonable and we particularly liked the traditional food in the house in the village. Breakfasts were okay. Our guide was young and... Read more
- EElisabethWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
A very good trip, thank you.Review collected by Explore!
- MMartinWritten on May 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I like Explore and will travel again with them. I would like to see more of a briefing from the tour guide on day one and more networking with your fellow travellers on the first night - that breaks down barriers...I got to know some amazing people during... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- TTobyWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Would like to re-iterate the excellence of both Denis and Fati in making this a fantastic trip for us; would be more than willing to recommend them to anyone and to travel with them again.Review collected by Explore!
- DDirkjeWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I didn't know much about Albania before I went on the tour. Alfred showed us the beauty and rich history of the country.Review collected by Explore!
- GGillianWritten on May 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
A couple of lunches could be included in the package as there were places where there was nowhere else to eat anyway.Review collected by Explore!
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
- Nearly 50% of our customers travel solo
- Welcome to Explore
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Fiona3rd October 2019
Highlights of Albania
- Upcoming departures
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SundayApr 5, 2020from Tirana11 DaysWednesdayApr 15, 2020to Kruja10+ seats leftUSD $1,210Sharing a twin room
- SundayApr 12, 2020from Tirana11 DaysWednesdayApr 22, 2020to Kruja10+ seats leftUSD $1,210Sharing a twin room
- SundayMay 3, 2020from Tirana11 DaysWednesdayMay 13, 2020to Kruja10+ seats leftUSD $1,210Sharing a twin room
- SundayMay 17, 2020from Tirana11 DaysWednesdayMay 27, 2020to Kruja10+ seats leftUSD $1,210Sharing a twin room
- SundayJun 14, 2020from Tirana11 DaysWednesdayJun 24, 2020to Kruja10+ seats leftUSD $1,210Sharing a twin room
- SundayJul 5, 2020from Tirana11 DaysWednesdayJul 15, 2020to Kruja10+ seats leftUSD $1,210Sharing a twin room
- SundayJul 26, 2020from Tirana11 DaysWednesdayAug 5, 2020to Kruja10+ seats leftUSD $1,210Sharing a twin room
- SundayAug 16, 2020from Tirana11 DaysWednesdayAug 26, 2020to Kruja10+ seats leftUSD $1,210Sharing a twin room
- SundaySep 6, 2020from Tirana11 DaysWednesdaySep 16, 2020to Kruja10+ seats leftUSD $1,210Sharing a twin room
- SundaySep 13, 2020from Tirana11 DaysWednesdaySep 23, 2020to Kruja10+ seats leftUSD $1,210Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Albania and Macedonia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Albania and Macedonia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Tirana is the starting point and Kruja is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 25 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 25 January 2020, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tirana (Albania)
- 33 km
- Elbasan (Albania)
- 54 km
- Pogradec (Albania)
- 28 km
- Ohrid (Macedonia)
- 58 km
- Voskopoje (Albania)
- 17 km
- Korca (Albania)
- 57 km
- Permet (Albania)
- 16 km
- Kelcyra (Albania)
- 26 km
- Gjirokastra (Albania)
- 27 km
- Saranda (Albania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,210 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,621 tours in Europe
- covered by 531 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Albania