Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,256
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- See Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London
- Keep an eye out for the mythical Loch Ness monster
- Taste Guinness in Dublin and try haggis in Edinburgh
- Stand on the picturesque windswept Cliffs of Moher
- Visit York Minster Gothic Cathedral and Hadrian's Wall
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- JWJessicaWritten on January 10, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was a fantastic trip, with lots of wonderful sights and experiences, and the most amazing tour manager and driver!
- MillyWritten on January 7, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
An incredible experience - more than I could ever have asked for or expected! Cerrie was a fantastic tour guide - so knowledgeable and friendly. Will, our driver, was also an amazing addition to the group - really helped make the trip what it was!
- KMKrisauraWritten on December 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was great, the tour manager and driver were awesome and very helpful. The people and the scenery made trip. It was worth it.
- KKandiceWhiteWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Megs was amazing, she made everything fun, was a pool of knowledge but it felt like you just had another tour buddy. Couldn’t have had a better tour guide.
- MCMarkWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I loved Ireland, loved the people I travelled with and our tour guide Megs was wonderful, friendly and informative. Made a few friends for life on that tour and I still consider her to be one of them.
- EEmmaWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Absolutely amazing tour guide! So knowledgeable and professional whilst also being warm, friendly and a lot of fun!! Best tour guide I’ve had on contiki!
- NicoleWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Megs was amazing. She always made sure you were having a great time and always had stuff for us to do,if you wanted to. Couldn't have asked for a better tour manager for this trip.
- BBrianaOConnorWritten on July 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip was really amazing. We had the best trip manager, Chris, and the best coach driver, John. I learned so much about the culture, history and sites. I would do this trip all over again if I could. I made great friends and saw amazing places. It was a... Read more
- AA TourRadar TravellerWritten on July 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip was amazing. We had the best guide and coach driver. I made great friends and saw amazing places. I learned so much about the history, culture and sites. I would do this trip all over again if I could. It was a once in a lifetime trip.
- MKmarkWritten on March 12, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The trip was great apart from the included meals. Most were at the hotel we were staying at and were pretty lousy. Contiki really needs to lift its game with the included meals, either provide a good meal worth eating or don't provide one at all. One or two... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Liverpool
- Day 2: Liverpool to York
- Day 3: York to Lake District
- Day 4: Lake District to Edinburgh via Gretna Green and Hadrian's Wall
- Day 5: Edinburgh
- Day 6: Edinburgh to Scottish Highlands via St Andrews
- Day 7: Scottish Highlands to West Highlands via Isle of Skye
- Day 8: West Highlands to Glasgow via Stirling
- Day 9: Glasgow to Dublin via Larne
- Day 10: Dublin to Cork via Kilkenny
- Day 11: Cork to Galway via Blarney and Cliffs of Moher
- Day 12: Galway
- Day 13: Galway to Londonderry
- Day 14: Londonderry to Belfast via Giants Causeway
- Day 15: Belfast to Dublin
- Day 16: Dublin to London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Great Britain and Ireland
- Travel Isn't About Where You Go...
- Contiki Experiences
- Contiki Munch
- Europe Summer Team
- Contiki Accomodation
- Great Britain & Ireland
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where and when does the tour end?
On Day 16 of the tour your group will travel from Dublin to Liverpool, where the tour will end. The drop off point and suggested time of arrival will be in your final trip documents, which are sent 21 days before departure.
Where and when does the tour start?
The adventure starts in London, where you will meet you group in the morning and set ff for a day of sightseeing, before boarding the coach and heading up to Liverpool. The time and place of the meeting point will be in your final trip documents, which will be sent 21 days before departure.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour cost and Contiki is unable to arrange transfers, so you will need to make your own way to the tour starting point. Contiki make sure that their meeting points are in well connected areas, so catching public transport shouldn't be a problem!
Guides who have led this tour
- "With so many places in the world to explore it was always hard to stay in one place. Travelling is the..."
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marcia9th August 2018
Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- ThursdayMay 2, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to London8 seats left$705$3,265-20%USD $2,612
- MondayMay 6, 2019from London17 DaysWednesdayMay 22, 2019to London7 seats left$705$3,265-20%USD $2,612
- ThursdayMay 9, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to London7 seats left$705$3,265-20%USD $2,612
- ThursdayMay 16, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to London8 seats left$705$3,265-20%USD $2,612
- MondayMay 20, 2019from London17 DaysWednesdayJun 5, 2019to London8 seats left$705$3,265-20%USD $2,612
- MondayJun 3, 2019from London17 DaysWednesdayJun 19, 2019to London0 seats left$65USD $3,265Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayJun 6, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to London10+ seats left$705$3,265-20%USD $2,612
- MondayJun 17, 2019from London17 DaysWednesdayJul 3, 2019to London10+ seats left$707$3,275-20%USD $2,620
- ThursdayJun 20, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to London10+ seats left$707$3,275-20%USD $2,620
- MondayJun 24, 2019from London17 DaysWednesdayJul 10, 2019to London10+ seats left$707$3,275-20%USD $2,620
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Northern Ireland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 June 2019 the full payment of $2,256 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2256 for Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days), but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 287 km
- Liverpool (England)
- 140 km
- York (England)
- 128 km
- Bowness-on-Windermere (England)
- 71 km
- Gretna Green (Scotland)
- 107 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 147 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 99 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,256 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,861 tours in Europe
- covered by 483 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 40 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)