Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,694
- Travel the Liverpool countryside
- Be amazed by the Lake District
- Explore the epic Edinburgh Castle
- Kiss the magical Blarney stone
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- MKmarkWritten on March 12, 20184.0 - GoodThe trip was great apart from the included meals. Most were at the hotel we were staying at and were pretty lousy. Contiki really needs to lift its game with the included meals, either provide a good meal worth eating or don't provide one at all. One or two of the hotels were also pretty terrible.Show detailed ratings
- BVBernardoWritten on January 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentIts good to get to know many cities an cultures in a such short term. The guide was committed and energetic. 99% are friendly australians ... I highly recommend this tour.Show detailed ratings
- KSKateWritten on January 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentTour was amazing! The tour guide and driver were great. Very safe trip and guide was fun and knowledgeable and very well organised. Always knew what was happening. The tour hit all the places I wanted to visit. Would have loved an extra day in Edinburgh and Dublin though.Show detailed ratings
- SSianWritten on December 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentWOW! Had the most amazing time! Best experience of my life! The guide was intelligent, incredibly friendly, approachable and helpful. "Me Time" options were great and free time to explore some of the cities was brilliant. This trip and the Team were much, much more than I was expecting. I highly recommend Contiki to everyone now! Thoroughly enjoyed myself and cannot recommend Contiki enough. I look forward to future trips with Contiki.Show detailed ratings
- SStephWritten on September 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentJoel Plunkett and Jamie Thompson were the best team to make our trip fun, hilarious, informative, and all around unforgettable, definitely amazed by the commitment, skill, and knowledge of both guys!Show detailed ratings
- DDanielWritten on July 25, 20164.5 - ExcellentEverything and more!Show detailed ratings
- MMMathewWritten on June 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on the Contiki Great Britain and Ireland Tour in 2015. I had a blast and was one of the greatest experiences of my life, Ellie was my tour guide and would always go out of her way to make everyone's trip more memorable, she is highly knowledgeable of the all the areas and a great person.Show detailed ratings
- TVTaylorWritten on June 23, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip to Great Britain and Ireland was unforgettable, with so many memories that will last a lifetime! Tarryn is one of the sweetest human beings you will ever encounter, and genuinely wants everyone to have the time of their lives every step of the way. She knows her stuff, and is very knowledgeable in the history department, which gave the trip so much more depth! Would love to travel with her again :) Thanks Tarryn!Show detailed ratings
- AWAmyWritten on June 23, 20164.0 - GoodI was only on the Scottish leg of the tour but it was a great 6 days! Tarryn was full of knowledge and it's great to have someone enthusiastic about the history as your guide and who loves the hairy coos! As a solo traveller she made me feel very comfortable and was a good laugh.Show detailed ratings
- JEJUNGWritten on June 23, 20164.5 - ExcellentBest of best!!!!! :)Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Liverpool
- Day 2: Liverpool to York
- Day 3: York to Lake District
- Day 4: Lake District to Edinburgh via Gretna Green and Hadrian's Wall
- Day 5: Edinburgh
- Day 6: Edinburgh to Scottish Highlands via St. Andrews
- Day 7: Scottish Highlands to West Highlands via Isle of Skye
- Day 8: West Highlands to Glasgow via Stirling
- Day 9: Glasgow to Dublin via Larne
- Day 10: Dublin to Cork via Kilkenny
- Day 11: Cork to Galway via Blarney and Cliffs of Moher
- Day 12: Galway
- Day 13: Galway to Londonderry
- Day 14: Londonderry to Belfast via Giant's Causeway
- Day 15: Belfast to Dublin
- Day 16: Dublin to London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- In-Depth Explorer: live like a local with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki In Depth
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
Do your tours cater specifically to young people only?
We have a wide range of tours for all ages.You can filter your age bracket on our website using the filters at the left hand side of the search page.
- December 1, 2016
We are a party of 3 aged 38 - 49. Is this an appropriate tour for us?
Contiki operates tours for travellers between ages (18-35). They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers.
- July 17, 2016
What is the average age of the people that go on this tour?
Contiki has been running tours for more than 50 years, for travellers aged 18-35 years old. They are specialists in this age group, offering their unique tours worldwide to those who have a passion for travel, exploration and adventure.
Their motto of #noregrets lives through their staff, their company, and the people they show around, with every element of the tours and travel experiences they offer, letting people to discover new things about the people and the world around us.
You will mostly find travellers on their early 20's and many solo travellers!
Guides who have led this tour
- "With so many places in the world to explore it was always hard to stay in one place. Travelling is the..."
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- MondayJun 4, 2018from London17 DaysWednesdayJun 20, 2018to London0 seats left$74USD $2,955
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to London0 seats left$74USD $2,955
- MondayJun 18, 2018from London17 DaysWednesdayJul 4, 2018to London0 seats left$74USD $2,955
- ThursdayJun 21, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to London0 seats left$74USD $2,955
- MondayJun 25, 2018from London17 DaysWednesdayJul 11, 2018to London0 seats left$74USD $2,955
- ThursdayJun 28, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to London0 seats left$74USD $2,955
- MondayJul 2, 2018from London17 DaysWednesdayJul 18, 2018to London0 seats left$75USD $3,015
- ThursdayJul 12, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to London0 seats left$75USD $3,015
- MondayJul 16, 2018from London17 DaysWednesdayAug 1, 2018to London7 seats left$75USD $3,015
17 Days version
- ThursdayJul 19, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to London8 seats left$75USD $3,015
17 Days version
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Northern Ireland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 July 2018 the full payment of $2,694 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2694 for Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 287 km
- Liverpool (England)
- 140 km
- York (England)
- 128 km
- Bowness-on-Windermere (England)
- 71 km
- Gretna Green (Scotland)
- 107 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 147 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 99 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,694 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 32 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)