Great Britain & Ireland
- Our saving
- US $ 1,996
- Travel the Liverpool countryside
- Be amazed by the Lake District
- Explore the epic Edinburgh Castle
- Kiss the magical Blarney stone
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- SStephWritten on September 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentJoel Plunkett and Jamie Thompson were the best team to make our trip fun, hilarious, informative, and all around unforgettable, definitely amazed by the commitment, skill, and knowledge of both guys!Show detailed ratings
- DDanielWritten on July 25, 20164.5 - ExcellentEverything and more!Show detailed ratings
- MMMathewWritten on June 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on the Contiki Great Britain and Ireland Tour in 2015. I had a blast and was one of the greatest experiences of my life, Ellie was my tour guide and would always go out of her way to make everyone's trip more memorable, she is highly knowledgeable of the all the areas and a great person.Show detailed ratings
- TVTaylorWritten on June 23, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip to Great Britain and Ireland was unforgettable, with so many memories that will last a lifetime! Tarryn is one of the sweetest human beings you will ever encounter, and genuinely wants everyone to have the time of their lives every step of the way. She knows her stuff, and is very knowledgeable in the history department, which gave the trip so much more depth! Would love to travel with her again :) Thanks Tarryn!Show detailed ratings
- AWAmyWritten on June 23, 20164.0 - GoodI was only on the Scottish leg of the tour but it was a great 6 days! Tarryn was full of knowledge and it's great to have someone enthusiastic about the history as your guide and who loves the hairy coos! As a solo traveller she made me feel very comfortable and was a good laugh.Show detailed ratings
- JEJUNGWritten on June 23, 20164.5 - ExcellentBest of best!!!!! :)Show detailed ratings
- NHNicoleWritten on May 21, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy tour with Meg's was one of the best experiences of my life! She's so fun and nice, never a dull moment. She took us to the best places and was really knowledgable about the history and culture of all the cities we went to.Show detailed ratings
- KMKrisWritten on May 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentMegs was great..from the first morning of the tour to the last night she was there for us making sure our trip was unreal. She had tons of knowledge on all the locations, and gave us a great run down on each place before we got there so we knew exactly what to look for in our spare time. I couldn't have asked for a better person to lead our tour and would definitely recommend Contiki based on my experience with Megs.Show detailed ratings
- MTMoniqueWritten on May 11, 20164.5 - ExcellentEllie was a great tour guide! She was very organised and knowledgeable. She made the tour both interesting and fun. Having never travelled before it was quite daunting but Ellie made the experience comfortable for a solo traveller. I caught the travel bug and an absolute love for the countries I visited which could not have happened without her as my guide. Best of all she was on the bus each morning with a smile showing her true enjoyment in her work.Show detailed ratings
- TTaylorWritten on May 10, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe trip was a great one, Ebony made it extremely fun and enjoyable. She suggested spots for us to go that she thought we'd enjoy. Highly recommend Ebony for any tour you take.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Liverpool
- Day 2: Liverpool to York
- Day 3: York to Lake District
- Day 4: Lake District to Edinburgh
- Day 5: Edinburgh
- Day 6: Edinburgh to Scottish Highlands
- Day 7: Scottish Highlands to West Highlands
- Day 8: West Highlands to Glasgow
- Day 9: Glasgow to Dublin
- Day 10: Dublin to Cork
- Day 11: Cork to Galway
- Day 12: Galway
- Day 13: Galway to Londonderry
- Day 14: Londonderry to Belfast
- Day 15: Belfast to Dublin
- Day 16: Dublin to London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- In-Depth Explorer: live like a local with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
Do your tours cater specifically to young people only?
We have a wide range of tours for all ages.You can filter your age bracket on our website using the filters at the left hand side of the search page.
- December 1, 2016
We are a party of 3 aged 38 - 49. Is this an appropriate tour for us?
Contiki operates tours for travellers between ages (18-35). They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers.
- July 17, 2016
What is the average age of the people that go on this tour?
Contiki has been running tours for more than 50 years, for travellers aged 18-35 years old. They are specialists in this age group, offering their unique tours worldwide to those who have a passion for travel, exploration and adventure.
Their motto of #noregrets lives through their staff, their company, and the people they show around, with every element of the tours and travel experiences they offer, letting people to discover new things about the people and the world around us.
You will mostly find travellers on their early 20's and many solo travellers!
Guides who have led this tour
- "With so many places in the world to explore it was always hard to stay in one place. Travelling is the..."
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old4th May 2017
Great Britain & Ireland
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- FridayOct 27, 2017from LondonSaturdayNov 11, 2017in LondonOur saving$62PriceUSD $2,475Based on Twin Room0 spaces left
- FridayNov 3, 2017from LondonSaturdayNov 18, 2017in LondonOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,429Based on Twin Room0 spaces left
- FridayNov 10, 2017from LondonSaturdayNov 25, 2017in LondonOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,429Based on Twin Room0 spaces left
- FridayNov 24, 2017from LondonSaturdayDec 9, 2017in LondonOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,429Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- FridayDec 1, 2017from LondonSaturdayDec 16, 2017in LondonOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,429Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- FridayDec 8, 2017from LondonSaturdayDec 23, 2017in LondonOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,429Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- FridayDec 15, 2017from LondonSaturdayDec 30, 2017in LondonOur saving$62PriceUSD $2,495Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- FridayDec 22, 2017from LondonSaturdayJan 6, 2018in LondonOur saving$62PriceUSD $2,495Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- WednesdayDec 27, 2017from LondonThursdayJan 11, 2018in LondonOur saving$62PriceUSD $2,495Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- ThursdayDec 28, 2017from LondonFridayJan 12, 2018in LondonOur saving$62PriceUSD $2,495Based on Twin Room0 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Northern Ireland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 December 2017 the full payment of $1,996 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1996 for Great Britain & Ireland, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 287 km
- Liverpool (England)
- 140 km
- York (England)
- 128 km
- Bowness-on-Windermere (England)
- 71 km
- Gretna Green (Scotland)
- 107 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 147 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 99 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,996 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,239 tours in Europe
- covered by 166 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,120 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 28 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Great Britain & Ireland