Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,825
- See Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London
- Cruise across the mythic Loch Ness
- Taste Guinness in Dublin and try haggis in Edinburgh
- Stand on the windswept cliffs of Moher
- Visit York Minster Gothic Cathedral and Hadrian's Wall
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KMKrisauraWritten on December 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was great, the tour manager and driver were awesome and very helpful. The people and the scenery made trip. It was worth it.
- KKandiceWhiteWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Megs was amazing, she made everything fun, was a pool of knowledge but it felt like you just had another tour buddy. Couldn’t have had a better tour guide.
- MCMarkWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I loved Ireland, loved the people I travelled with and our tour guide Megs was wonderful, friendly and informative. Made a few friends for life on that tour and I still consider her to be one of them.
- EEmmaWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Absolutely amazing tour guide! So knowledgeable and professional whilst also being warm, friendly and a lot of fun!! Best tour guide I’ve had on contiki!
- NicoleWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Megs was amazing. She always made sure you were having a great time and always had stuff for us to do,if you wanted to. Couldn't have asked for a better tour manager for this trip.
- BBrianaOConnorWritten on July 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip was really amazing. We had the best trip manager, Chris, and the best coach driver, John. I learned so much about the culture, history and sites. I would do this trip all over again if I could. I made great friends and saw amazing places. It was a... Read more
- AA TourRadar TravellerWritten on July 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip was amazing. We had the best guide and coach driver. I made great friends and saw amazing places. I learned so much about the history, culture and sites. I would do this trip all over again if I could. It was a once in a lifetime trip.
- MKmarkWritten on March 12, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The trip was great apart from the included meals. Most were at the hotel we were staying at and were pretty lousy. Contiki really needs to lift its game with the included meals, either provide a good meal worth eating or don't provide one at all. One or two... Read more
- BVBernardoWritten on January 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Its good to get to know many cities an cultures in a such short term. The guide was committed and energetic. 99% are friendly australians ... I highly recommend this tour.
- KSKateWritten on January 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Tour was amazing! The tour guide and driver were great. Very safe trip and guide was fun and knowledgeable and very well organised. Always knew what was happening. The tour hit all the places I wanted to visit. Would have loved an extra day in Edinburgh and... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Liverpool
- Day 2: Liverpool to York
- Day 3: York to Lake District
- Day 4: Lake District to Edinburgh via Gretna Green and Hadrian's Wall
- Day 5: Edinburgh
- Day 6: Edinburgh to Scottish Highlands via St. Andrews
- Day 7: Scottish Highlands to West Highlands via Isle of Skye
- Day 8: West Highlands to Glasgow via Stirling
- Day 9: Glasgow to Dublin via Larne
- Day 10: Dublin to Cork via Kilkenny
- Day 11: Cork to Galway via Blarney and Cliffs of Moher
- Day 12: Galway
- Day 13: Galway to Londonderry
- Day 14: Londonderry to Belfast via Giant's Causeway
- Day 15: Belfast to Dublin
- Day 16: Dublin to London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki In-Depth Explorer Trips
- Great Britain and Ireland
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where and when does the tour end?
On Day 16 of the tour your group will travel from Dublin to Liverpool, where the tour will end. The drop off point and suggested time of arrival will be in your final trip documents, which are sent 21 days before departure.
Where and when does the tour start?
The adventure starts in London, where you will meet you group in the morning and set ff for a day of sightseeing, before boarding the coach and heading up to Liverpool. The time and place of the meeting point will be in your final trip documents, which will be sent 21 days before departure.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour cost and Contiki is unable to arrange transfers, so you will need to make your own way to the tour starting point. Contiki make sure that their meeting points are in well connected areas, so catching public transport shouldn't be a problem!
Guides who have led this tour
- "With so many places in the world to explore it was always hard to stay in one place. Travelling is the..."
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Michelle21st November 2018
Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- WednesdayDec 26, 2018from London17 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to London0 seats left$110USD $2,755
- ThursdayDec 27, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayJan 12, 2019to London0 seats left$110USD $2,755
- ThursdayJan 3, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayJan 19, 2019to London0 seats left$110USD $2,755
- ThursdayJan 17, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayFeb 2, 2019to London0 seats left$96USD $2,399
- ThursdayFeb 14, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayMar 2, 2019to London9 seats left$96USD $2,399
17 Days, Winter version
- ThursdayFeb 28, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayMar 16, 2019to London0 seats left$96USD $2,399
- ThursdayMar 7, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayMar 23, 2019to London10+ seats left$96USD $2,399
17 Days, Winter version
- ThursdayMar 14, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayMar 30, 2019to London0 seats left$96USD $2,399
- ThursdayApr 4, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to London10+ seats left$128USD $3,199
17 Days version
- ThursdayApr 18, 2019from London17 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to London9 seats left$128USD $3,199
17 Days version
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Northern Ireland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 January 2019 the full payment of $2,825 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2825 for Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 287 km
- Liverpool (England)
- 140 km
- York (England)
- 128 km
- Bowness-on-Windermere (England)
- 71 km
- Gretna Green (Scotland)
- 107 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 147 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 99 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,825 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,089 tours in Europe
- covered by 310 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 38 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)