Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)
- See Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London
- Cruise across the mythic Loch Ness
- Taste Guinness in Dublin and try haggis in Edinburgh
- Stand on the windswept cliffs of Moher
- Visit York Minster Gothic Cathedral and Hadrian's Wall
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- BBrianaOConnorWritten on July 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip was really amazing. We had the best trip manager, Chris, and the best coach driver, John. I learned so much about the culture, history and sites. I would do this trip all over again if I could. I made great friends and saw amazing places. It was a once in a lifetime trip.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on July 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip was amazing. We had the best guide and coach driver. I made great friends and saw amazing places. I learned so much about the history, culture and sites. I would do this trip all over again if I could. It was a once in a lifetime trip.Show detailed ratings
- MKmarkWritten on March 12, 20184.0 - GoodThe trip was great apart from the included meals. Most were at the hotel we were staying at and were pretty lousy. Contiki really needs to lift its game with the included meals, either provide a good meal worth eating or don't provide one at all. One or two of the hotels were also pretty terrible.Show detailed ratings
- BVBernardoWritten on January 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentIts good to get to know many cities an cultures in a such short term. The guide was committed and energetic. 99% are friendly australians ... I highly recommend this tour.Show detailed ratings
- KSKateWritten on January 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentTour was amazing! The tour guide and driver were great. Very safe trip and guide was fun and knowledgeable and very well organised. Always knew what was happening. The tour hit all the places I wanted to visit. Would have loved an extra day in Edinburgh and Dublin though.Show detailed ratings
- SSianWritten on December 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentWOW! Had the most amazing time! Best experience of my life! The guide was intelligent, incredibly friendly, approachable and helpful. "Me Time" options were great and free time to explore some of the cities was brilliant. This trip and the Team were much, much more than I was expecting. I highly recommend Contiki to everyone now! Thoroughly enjoyed myself and cannot recommend Contiki enough. I look forward to future trips with Contiki.Show detailed ratings
- SStephWritten on September 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentJoel Plunkett and Jamie Thompson were the best team to make our trip fun, hilarious, informative, and all around unforgettable, definitely amazed by the commitment, skill, and knowledge of both guys!Show detailed ratings
- DDanielWritten on July 25, 20164.5 - ExcellentEverything and more!Show detailed ratings
- MMMathewWritten on June 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on the Contiki Great Britain and Ireland Tour in 2015. I had a blast and was one of the greatest experiences of my life, Ellie was my tour guide and would always go out of her way to make everyone's trip more memorable, she is highly knowledgeable of the all the areas and a great person.Show detailed ratings
- TVTaylorWritten on June 23, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip to Great Britain and Ireland was unforgettable, with so many memories that will last a lifetime! Tarryn is one of the sweetest human beings you will ever encounter, and genuinely wants everyone to have the time of their lives every step of the way. She knows her stuff, and is very knowledgeable in the history department, which gave the trip so much more depth! Would love to travel with her again :) Thanks Tarryn!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Liverpool
- Day 2: Liverpool to York
- Day 3: York to Lake District
- Day 4: Lake District to Edinburgh via Gretna Green and Hadrian's Wall
- Day 5: Edinburgh
- Day 6: Edinburgh to Scottish Highlands via St. Andrews
- Day 7: Scottish Highlands to West Highlands via Isle of Skye
- Day 8: West Highlands to Glasgow via Stirling
- Day 9: Glasgow to Dublin via Larne
- Day 10: Dublin to Cork via Kilkenny
- Day 11: Cork to Galway via Blarney and Cliffs of Moher
- Day 12: Galway
- Day 13: Galway to Londonderry
- Day 14: Londonderry to Belfast via Giant's Causeway
- Day 15: Belfast to Dublin
- Day 16: Dublin to London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- In-Depth Explorer: live like a local with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki In-Depth Explorer Trips
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where and when does the tour end?
On Day 16 of the tour your group will travel from Dublin to Liverpool, where the tour will end. The drop off point and suggested time of arrival will be in your final trip documents, which are sent 21 days before departure.
Where and when does the tour start?
The adventure starts in London, where you will meet you group in the morning and set ff for a day of sightseeing, before boarding the coach and heading up to Liverpool. The time and place of the meeting point will be in your final trip documents, which will be sent 21 days before departure.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour cost and Contiki is unable to arrange transfers, so you will need to make your own way to the tour starting point. Contiki make sure that their meeting points are in well connected areas, so catching public transport shouldn't be a problem!
Guides who have led this tour
- "With so many places in the world to explore it was always hard to stay in one place. Travelling is the..."
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- ThursdayAug 23, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to London0 seats left$74USD $2,955Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayAug 27, 2018from London17 DaysWednesdaySep 12, 2018to London10+ seats left$74USD $2,955
- ThursdayAug 30, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to London8 seats left$74USD $2,955
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to London9 seats left$74USD $2,955
- MondaySep 10, 2018from London17 DaysWednesdaySep 26, 2018to London10+ seats left$74USD $2,955
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to London7 seats left$74USD $2,955
- MondaySep 17, 2018from London17 DaysWednesdayOct 3, 2018to London8 seats left$74USD $2,955
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to London8 seats left$74USD $2,955
- ThursdayOct 4, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to London10+ seats left$74USD $2,955
- ThursdayOct 11, 2018from London17 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to London9 seats left$74USD $2,955
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Northern Ireland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 September 2018 the full payment of $2,077 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2077 for Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 287 km
- Liverpool (England)
- 140 km
- York (England)
- 128 km
- Bowness-on-Windermere (England)
- 71 km
- Gretna Green (Scotland)
- 107 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 147 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 99 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,077 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,973 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 33 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Great Britain & Ireland (Summer, 16 Days)