Wild South - All Inclusive - Small Group Tour of Ireland
- Our saving
- US $ 950
- +14 Destinations
- Southern Ireland
- Meet the locals and experience traditional music sessions
- Learn a few Irish words and head to the edge of Europe
- Kayak through the Killarney National Park
- Capture the dramatic landscapes of Ring of Kerry
- Step back in time and visit the medieval Rock of Cashel
- Age range
- 10 to 99 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- All Inclusive
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- DSDebraWritten on October 15, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis small group tour was really good! The small group enabled us to get to know both the guides and the other people on the tour, which made it really enjoyable! Tour guides were knowledgeable, personable and very interactive. They made great suggestions on what we could do in our spare time, where we might want to eat, drink, hear music, etc. Every recommendation was spot on! Accommodations (B & B option) ranged from OK to great, but the breakfast was wonderful at all but one of them (the last breakfast at the Connacht was the exception). Appreciated that the leaders were watching the weather and modified the itinerary so that we could get to see all the great sights. Loved that the tour included physical activity as well as pure sightseeing and pub hopping. We think that the rating of 2 out of 5 for activity level might be off - maybe should be a 3. This wasn't an issue for us; but it could have been/could be an issue for others. Other constructive feedback: We started with 5 in our group and then merged with another group of 7. In the process, we did switch from a small van to a larger one. Luckily, the vans were not full. Seating would have been uncomfortable with more people, so a full group (max size) would not have been as enjoyable, given how much time is spent in the van. We did not love when it was left up to the group where we would stop along the drive or for how long - people who don't know each other may have trouble discussing or reaching a balanced conclusion (first and loudest may always determine the outcome). Sometimes it seemed liked the tour leader was winging it - this goes beyond the itinerary flexibility (which was a good thing); a couple of times it felt like "what are we going to do today?" We signed up for a tour so we wouldn't have to plan. . We had 4 drivers/tour guides along the way. Definitely would be better to have one guide or maybe max of two. Things felt better in the 2nd half when we had one person consistently. We know it had to do with logistics and time off; but still, it made a difference to us. That said, 3 of the 4 guides were terrific; one needs some more time in the job. Also, when the drivers used the microphone, everyone was able to hear the important things they had to say; when they didn't (because there were supposedly technical issues), only the first two rows in the van could hear; not a good thing for the rest of the people. Technical issues need to be addressed. Would be nice if the tour company gave us maps (or enabled us to share a laminated map in the van) and if there was water/drinks in the van for us (even that we could buy for a Euro or two). We made some stops in some very cute towns, but often only had 15 - 20 minutes to get a drink and/or use the facilities. It would be better to make fewer stops along the road and have more time in some of these towns that seemed to have great shops and other sights. All in all, however, this was a great trip! For people who want a small group and mix of physical activity, sightseeing and taking in the local flair - food, drink, sights, entertainment - this is the way to go! We would book with Wild 'N Happy again and would recommend them to friends and family who are up for this type of tour. The amount of pride the owner(s) has in his company shows through to create a wonderful experience for travelers. With a couple of small tweaks (in our opinion), this would near perfection!Show detailed ratingsWild N' Happy commented on this reviewHi Debra, Thank you so much for the positive review and we're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience overall. I'd also like to thank you for the very helpfull feedback that you have provided as without people like you letting us know, we wouldn't know what to alter about our tours. Hopefully we can welcome you back on tour again in the future. Kind Regards, Emmet
- LDLynWritten on October 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur tour started with Michael as our driver. There were only 3 of us. I had been worried about being the oldest, but the other couple were older than me. We stopped at Rock of Cashel. Michael told us a lot about it, and many other interesting things about Ireland and the history. I must admit, I actually knew very little about Ireland. We stayed in Cork the first night. Our next place of interest was Mizen Head Peninsular. The 3 of us walked on the paths, Crossed the iconic bridge. Enjoyed the interpretation and displays about the area around there. It was very windy, but that didn't spoil things for us. We went to Killarney, where we spent 4 nights. It was exciting to be able to walk about the town and enjoy all the sights. We were joined by another 16 people, and a new driver. They were on a 6 day tour, while we were on an 8 day tour. We visited the beautiful Ring of Kerry and Dingle & Slea Head over the next 2 days, and then 6 of the people left us. They had joined us to see those two famous places, and they didn't want to drive themselves there, as the roads are very windy and narrow. That left 13 of us and another driver doing the rest of the tour together. While in Killarney, we attended Celtic Dance which we all enjoyed. Some of the people (by this stage, all ages) went around in groups, while I preferred to be on my own and wander around the town doing my own thing. We went onto Doolin - a really delightful small village which everyone enjoyed. We walked along the Cliffs of Moher which was steep with the wild Atlantic crashing onto the rocks below. We went through The wild burren which was the barren and very rocky area - extremely interesting - to Galway. That was our last night on the tour. Galway is a university plsce, sand in the evenings, it is full of young people. Lots of buskers doing all sorts of things. Lots of pubs, people sitting on the sidewalks, lots of singing etc. A very lively place to be.Show detailed ratingsWild N' Happy commented on this reviewHi Lyn, Thank you so much for the kind review of your tour with us, and we're delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic time. Michael will be delighted to hear of your kind words as he is our most experienced guide and is so passionate about our little country. We hope to welcome you on tour with us again in the future. Kind Regards, Emmet
- KJKarenWritten on October 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe size of this tour was fabulous! A smaller bus allowed for changes to the itinerary and to see more things our group wanted to see. Drew was great in letting us know our choices, knowledgeable about Ireland and all around great guide and driverShow detailed ratingsWild N' Happy commented on this reviewHi Karen, Thank you for your positive review and we're delighted to hear that you had a great time. Drew will be happy to hear of your kind words so thank you so much for that. Hopefully we can welcome you back on tour with us again in the future. Kind regards, Emmet
- LLLindsayWritten on September 25, 20184.5 - ExcellentIf the thought of navigating Ireland’s left-handed narrow and twisty roadways brings on a headache, you would rather avoid researching and planning your itinerary, and you don’t enjoy the big tour bus experience — a Wild ‘n’ Happy tour is a great option to consider. Our tour began in Dublin with seven people. Part of the fun was getting to know fellow passengers, and although it was not clear from the start that our original small group would be “clicking in” to a larger group on the fourth day (our itineraries overlapped), the fresh faces and energy of the new group changed the dynamics in a positive way. Michael, our guide, worked hard to ensure we had a great experience. Warm and informative, he engaged us throughout our journey in interesting dialogues about Ireland’s history, and other topics such as the environment, economy, politics and Ireland’s social situation. Overall, we had good weather, however there were a few rainy and windy days. Our guide shifted some activities and destinations between the days to minimize the impact of the poor weather — another benefit of a small-group tour. This worked well and allowed us to enjoy all sites and activities. Our guide also brought us to many locations that were not overrun with other tourists, or he tried to arrive at off-peak times. The smaller vehicle allowed us to access some locations that larger tour buses could not. We were dropped off and picked up at our hotel in a timely manner, and both the accommodations and food were good (B&B option). Overall, my Wild South tour was a satisfying and memorable experience. I really value the personal touch offered by Wild ‘n’ Happy, and the diligence of our guide.Show detailed ratingsWild N' Happy commented on this reviewHi Lindsay, We are delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic time on tour, and thank you for leaving an excellent review. Michael is our most experienced guide so he will be over the moon to hear of your kind words. Hopefully we can welcome you back on tour with us sometime in the future. Kind Regards, Emmet
- DonaWritten on September 23, 20184.5 - ExcellentOur guided Drew and John made all attempts to please us to make the most of our time. We seen so many little places and also had great photo opportunities.Show detailed ratingsWild N' Happy commented on this reviewHi Dona, Thank you so much for your kind review of our company, and I'm delighted t hear that you had a great time. Drew and John will be happy to hear your kind words, and hopefully we can welcome you back on tour with us in the future. Kind Regards, Emmet
- CChristineWhitbreadWritten on September 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad a wonderful time, Andy was friendly, informative and went out of his way to help anyone of us who needed a bit extra tlcShow detailed ratingsWild N' Happy commented on this reviewHi Christine, Thank you so much for giving us a positive review of your Wild n' Happy tour. Andy is one of our most experienced guides and he will be delighted to hear of your kind words. Hopefully we can welcome you back on tour in the near future. Kind Regards, Emmet
- AMAlanWritten on September 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Wild ‘n’ Happy tour was great fun, and exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed the itinerary, information provided and staying in the B and Bs. I also liked staying in Killarney for a few nights and touring from there so that we did not have to pack up every day. Thank you so much Kelley and Alan Western AustraliaShow detailed ratingsWild N' Happy commented on this reviewHi Kelly and Alan, We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience on tour with us, and thank you so much for your positive review. We hope to welcome you on a Wild n' Happy tour again sometime in the future. Kind Regards, Emmet
- NNasyitaWritten on September 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was amazing and provides a spectacular experience for a first timer to Ireland. Michael and Andy are very passionate about the country and never fails to have an answer for every question asked. Highly recommended for travellers who are keen in learning about Ireland and with the small group policy, one can expect a good bond between the guide and other members as well.Show detailed ratingsWild N' Happy commented on this reviewHi Nasyita, Thank you so much for the kind review of your tour with us, and we're delighted to hear that you had a great experience. Michael and Andy are extremely knowledgable guides and will be happy to hear that they did a great job on tour. We hope to welcome you an tour again sometime in the near future. Kind Regards, Emmet
- AAnonymousWritten on September 14, 20184.5 - ExcellentVery well organised. It's nice to not have to worry about driving and finding a descent place to sleep. Accomodations were better than I expected. Everything I saw in Ireland with the Wild n Happy guided tour luved up to my dreams and beyond. Ireland is even more beautiful than I had imagined or even saw in pictures or in movies. It was amazing. And making friends with the rest of my group made it that much more memorable. Thank you Wild n Happy. You did a splendid job.Show detailed ratingsWild N' Happy commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for the positive review of your tour with us, and we're very happy to hear that you had an amazing time. Ireland is a beautiful county and we are proud to show people like yourself around. Hopefully we can welcome you back on tour again in the near future. Kind Regards, Emmet
- JFJosephWritten on September 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentAll 3 guides were very informative friendly and efficient. We had a great time would highly recommend Wild and happy tours for other touristsShow detailed ratingsWild N' Happy commented on this reviewHi Joseph, Thank you for the positive review of your tour with us and we are delighted to hear you had such a fantastic experience. Hopefully we can welcome you back on tour sometime in the future. Kind Regards, Emmet
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: THE ROCK OF CASHEL AND CORK CITY
- Day 2: MIZEN HEAD PENINSULA
- Day 3: DISCOVER KILLARNEY
- Day 4: THE RING OF KERRY AND VALENTIA ISLAND TOUR
- Day 5: DINGLE & SLEA HEAD
- Day 6: KILLARNEY TO DOOLIN VIA THE CLIFFS OF MOHER
- Day 7: THE WILD BURREN
- Day 8: DISCOVER DUBLIN
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Which airport should we fly into?
The main airport in Dublin which many airlines arrive into is Dublin International airport!
Is there a hotel list available?
The tour operator has advised that they do not have a full list of accommodations available for the Wild South tour, as there are several different accommodation options for this tour. Budget accommodation in a shared hostel dorm (6-12 people) is included in this tour, however, you also have the option to upgrade to the "Classic accommodation", which is twin-share in B&B's or the "Luxury accommodation", which is twin-share in 4/5 star hotels. After you have made your decision and the booking is made, you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details.
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day of the tour, you depart Galway and head back to Dublin where you will arrive at The Ashling Hotel (Parkgate Street, Arran Quay, Dublin 8) at approximately 12.30 pm. It's time to say farewell to your newfound friends and continue your travels!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Page, 60 years old4th October 2018
Wild South - All Inclusive - Small Group Tour of Ireland
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Dublin8 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$29USD $950
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Dublin8 DaysSaturdayNov 24, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$29USD $950
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Dublin8 DaysSaturdayFeb 9, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$29USD $950
- SaturdayFeb 9, 2019from Dublin8 DaysSaturdayFeb 16, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$29USD $950
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Dublin8 DaysSaturdayFeb 23, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$29USD $950
- SaturdayFeb 23, 2019from Dublin8 DaysSaturdayMar 2, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$29USD $950
- SaturdayMar 2, 2019from Dublin8 DaysSaturdayMar 9, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$29USD $950
- SaturdayMar 9, 2019from Dublin8 DaysSaturdayMar 16, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$29USD $950
- SaturdayMar 16, 2019from Dublin8 DaysSaturdayMar 23, 2019to Dublin7 seats left$29USD $950
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from Dublin8 DaysSaturdayMar 30, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$29USD $950
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Dublin.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this Wild N' Happy booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 December 2018 the full payment of $950 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $950 for Wild South - All Inclusive - Small Group Tour of Ireland, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Wild N' Happy will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Wild N' Happy tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Dublin (Ireland)
- 221 km
- Cork (Ireland)
- 104 km
- Mizen Head (Ireland)
- 55 km
- Molls Gap (Ireland)
- 17 km
- Killarney (Ireland)
- 31 km
- Ring of Kerry (Ireland)
- 31 km
- Valentia Island (Ireland)
- 61 km
- Killarney (Ireland)
- 65 km
- Slea Head (Ireland)
- 14 km
- Dingle (Ireland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $950 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,509 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Wild South - All Inclusive - Small Group Tour of Ireland via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 31 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Wild South - All Inclusive - Small Group Tour of Ireland