5 Days Italian Cookery Getaway in Umbria
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 31 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,119
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Roe "Let's Cook in Umbria gets a five star recommendation from me. I took a blind friend from the UK with me and we had a great time. Rafaela is an amazing cook and was so accomodating of food allergies we both had. The location is fantastic, just a short taxi to Perugia. I'd love to think I'd be back. I'm enjoying trying again all the gorgeous recipes we were shown. A very hands on course with full re..."
- +3 Destinations
- Central Italy
Start in Perugia and end in Assisi! With the food & culinary tour 5 Days Italian Cookery Getaway in Umbria, you have a 5 day tour package taking you through Perugia, Italy and 4 other destinations in Italy. 5 Days Italian Cookery Getaway in Umbria is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 15 to 75 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- JRJoyWritten on April 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur Let's Cook in Umbria tour more than exceeded our expectations. Raffaella was an exceptional host and shared her life experiences making it more personable. She tailored the meals and the tours to her guests requests. For example, I mentioned to her at our first cooking class that my husband says everything is better when made with sausage. At our cooking class the next day she used local Umbria sausage in the Ragu. The accommodations were comfortable and the setting looking out our window at the hills in the distance was beautiful. We thought the tours were very nice and appreciated the time in the afternoon before the tours to relax or siesta before we ventured out in a comfortable van with our driver Paulo. We enjoyed the company of Olivia and Pepe and the music coming from Raffaella's home in the evening was a real treat.Show detailed ratings
- TBTheresaWritten on April 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentRaffaella was the most caring, organized, warm and knowledgeable "guide" to our introduction to Italian cooking...Umbrian style! Every day was a fun adventure...mornings cooking in her home, truly intimate and authentic in every way...using the olive oil produced right there on the farm, drinking her wine, getting our hands in pasta...and turning out beautiful meals that, with her orchestration, were truly wonderful in every way. Although we had only beautiful, tasty food everywhere we went in Italy, the meals we cooked with Raffaella on the farm were the absolute best we had! And I have been able to reproduce many of the recipes since I have returned home...even with the "help" of my 3-year-old grandson, they have all turned out well. The afternoons spent exploring some of the attractions of Umbria were a treasure in themselves...and sunset in Assisi was a magical experience. I am so happy and grateful I chose to celebrate my "big-zero" birthday at La Volpe E L'Uva, with "Let's Cook in Umbria!!!"Show detailed ratings
- BRBetsyWritten on January 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentSuperb experience!!! Rafaella was an amazing teacher, not only showing us how to cook wonderful dishes, but also sharing the histories of the foods and region, and family stories. The class was very hands-on, so I really felt I learned a lot through actual practice. All of the recipes were provided to take home and re-create (though not as fun as being with Rafaella). Everything was very well organized, so that we cooked four courses through the course of the morning and then could sit down and eat the results with a bottle of her farm's wine. The farmhouse was lovely and charming, very welcoming and beautiful views. The apartment was nice, good accommodations and everything there that we needed. Rafaella did an excellent job arranging the afternoon tours, each day was different and very interesting. We had a great driver Paolo, and excellent helpers Francesca's, all appreciated. All was excellent, from the cooking to the tours and accommodations, many many thanks to our wonderful host and teacher Rafaella! I highly recommend this tour, would love to go back sometime.Show detailed ratings
- EMElizabethWritten on August 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentI spent one of the best weeks of my life on La volpe e l'uva. Let's Cook in Umbria is a magical cooking school on an idyllic farm just outside Perugia. Your hostess Raffaella will introduce you to regional cooking in her own kitchen and the results are delicious. We had time to tour the immediate region and the accommodation was excellent.Show detailed ratings
- SCSaraWritten on April 30, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Raffaella's farmhouse outside of Perugia. We came for the program she was offering during the Black Truffle Festival in February. We spent three mornings cooking a four course lunch for ourselves using many of her family's recipes. Raffaella was a passionate and informative instructor. All of our lunches were delicious. The afternoons were spent visiting a vineyard, 2 small villages, truffle hunting and visiting Norcia for the Winter Truffle festival. In the evenings you could either cook something in your apartment or a driver that is provided to you could drop you off in Perugia for dinner. It was an unforgettable trip. I would highly recommend visiting the farmhouse. Visited February 2016Show detailed ratings
- BLBrendaWritten on April 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentBeautiful setting tucked away near Perugia. I stayed for 4 nights on Raffaella's farm. I received a very warm welcome and felt like family the entire time I was there. Each day I cooked with Raffaella and had an area excursion with a driver and a guide (as needed) for the other half of the day: L'Infiorata in Spello, Deruta for a pottery tour, a chocolate factory tour, and truffle hunting! And oh yes, the food we prepared was delicious. I wish I could do it all again.Show detailed ratings
- BHBillWritten on April 27, 20175.0 - Excellent"La volpe e l'uva" - The Fox and the Grape. You spy this small sign on your left as you arrrive here. Here of course being that idyllic Umbrian farm where you'll spend the next few days. The beginning of what will be a magical week as guests of your delightful hostess Raffaella. Let's Cook in Umbria is her passion, her life, and it shows. Let's Cook in Umbria is one of the best and most memorable culinary escapades I've embarked upon. Raffaella not only reveals to you to secrets of Umbrian cooking, she will introduce you to the historical and cultural heart of Umbria itself. Let's Cook in Umbria gets full marks from me. Thank you Raffaella.Show detailed ratings
- RKRoeWritten on April 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentLet's Cook in Umbria gets a five star recommendation from me. I took a blind friend from the UK with me and we had a great time. Rafaela is an amazing cook and was so accomodating of food allergies we both had. The location is fantastic, just a short taxi to Perugia. I'd love to think I'd be back. I'm enjoying trying again all the gorgeous recipes we were shown. A very hands on course with full recipes.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 – Arrive in Perugia
- Day 2 – Cooking + Chocolate and Deruta Ceramic Tours
- Day 3- Cooking + Wine and Olive oil Tour
- Day 4 – Cooking + Assisi Tour
- Day 5 – Departure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Olive Picking in Italy
- Potatoes gnocchi
- Let's cook in Umbria - revew
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
5 Days Italian Cookery Getaway in Umbria
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Perugia5 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to Assisi6 seats left$35USD $1,119
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Perugia5 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to Assisi0 seats left$35USD $1,119Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Perugia5 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to Assisi6 seats left$35USD $1,119
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Perugia5 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to Assisi6 seats left$35USD $1,119
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Perugia5 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to Assisi6 seats left$35USD $1,119
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Perugia5 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Assisi0 seats left$35USD $1,119Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayJul 15, 2018from Perugia5 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to Assisi6 seats left$35USD $1,119
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Perugia5 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to Assisi6 seats left$35USD $1,119
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Perugia5 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to Assisi6 seats left$35USD $1,119
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Perugia5 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to Assisi6 seats left$35USD $1,119
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Perugia is the starting point and Assisi is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 30% to confirm this Let's Cook in Umbria booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $1,119 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1119 for 5 Days Italian Cookery Getaway in Umbria, but the deposit of 30% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Let's Cook in Umbria will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Let's Cook in Umbria tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 57 km.
- Perugia (Italy)
- 15 km
- Deruta (Italy)
- 21 km
- Montefalco (Italy)
- 6 km
- Bevagna (Italy)
- 15 km
- Assisi (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,119 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Days Italian Cookery Getaway in Umbria via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Days Italian Cookery Getaway in Umbria