England and Scotland Heritage
- Our saving
- US $ 1,008
- Age range
- 5 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- ARAngusWritten on May 15, 20183.5 - GoodGood tour. Smallish group. Felt a little rushed at times trying to keep to the schedule. Evening meals provided I should have eaten else where poor service and poor meals.Show detailed ratings
- KHKennethWritten on October 11, 20173.5 - GoodThis tour is good but hurried. I expected at least one hotel I could complain about but in truth there were none although to be honest one of the provided meals was the worst we have had for years. Mike, the tour director did an admirable job filling in the dull spots with humorous tales and a few treats. This despite having to answer questions like "Why is this place called Royal?". The coach was adequate without being luxurious. In the main the weather was good to us but the 3 or 4 hours of free time at some of the spots would have been a problem in bad weather. In conclusion let me say we were both glad we took the tour and would use Costsaver again.Show detailed ratings
- KBKathrynWritten on August 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentOur tour was wonderfully well organized and planned. Our tour guide, Rob Early, was extremely knowledgeable but did everything with a great sense of fun.Show detailed ratings
- KFKellieWritten on October 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentHad a great time on this tour! Lovely mix of people, very knowledgeable tour guide and one of the best coach drivers I've ever seen (how he got in and out of some of the hotel driveways I'll never know!). Of course you're packing a lot in, so you need to be organised and listen to your guide when they are giving you departure times etc. If your guide puts up an itinerary each night for the next day, take a photo.Travelling in Summer was beautiful and I really liked that I could decide which organised activities to join (or miss if I had something else to do). Accommodation was great, my luggage magically appeared in my room every night and included meals were very enjoyable. Tour radar were great to deal with- it was my first time booking on this website and I had no trouble at all, I was able to talk to someone any time of the day (which really helped as I am a shift worker). As a first time solo traveller, I would highly recommend. My tip: do a bit of research into the towns you are visiting so that if you only have an hour or so, you already know what you want to do. Downsides? You will visit some beautiful places and be upset that you can't stay longer - but you can always come back :)Show detailed ratings
- CPCarolWritten on December 25, 20155.0 - ExcellentOur trip was absolutely wonderful,would go again, meet the most wonderful people, and our tour guide was fab.Show detailed ratings
- GKGusWritten on December 25, 20155.0 - ExcellentVery informative, James, the tour guide, was very knowledgeableShow detailed ratings
- SDSusanWritten on November 23, 20155.0 - Excellentit was everything we had hoped for and more.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London – Windsor – Bath – Gloucester
- Day 2: Gloucester – Chester – Liverpool
- Day 3: Liverpool – Lake District – Gretna Green – Glasgow
- Day 4: Glasgow – Scottish Highlands
- Day 5: Scottish Highlands – St. Andrews – Near Edinburgh (Airth) (2 Nights)
- Day 6: Edinburgh Sightseeing and Free Time
- Day 7: Edinburgh – York – Bradford
- Day 8: Bradford – Stratford-upon-Avon – London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
Is it possible to stay in a family room?
CostSaver, the tour operator for this tour does not offer family rooms on their tours.
- April 1, 2017
What time does the tour start and end?
Pickup is at 7am from the Trafalgar London Reception Centre (which is opposite the London Eye - very centrally located)
If you book pre-accommodation for this tour - the pickup location will be at the Ibis Earl's Court and the pick time will be at 7:45am.
Drop off - the final day of the tour is a travelling day and I have been advised by the tour operator that the drop off is between 4-6pm and it is recommended not to book flights for this day, as this drop off time is an estimated time and is dependant on traffic etc.
- November 1, 2016
As a solo traveller, what kind of accommodation can I get from the trip?
If you would like to stay in a single room there would be a single supplement with an extra cost. Otherwise you would be paired with another solo same gender passenger to share a twin-share room.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
England and Scotland Heritage
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- MondayMay 28, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to London10+ seats left$66USD $1,594
- MondayJun 4, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to London0 seats left$66USD $1,594
- MondayJun 11, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to London0 seats left$66USD $1,594
- MondayJun 18, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to London9 seats left$59USD $1,416
- MondayJun 25, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to London10+ seats left$66USD $1,594
- MondayJul 2, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to London9 seats left$59USD $1,416
- MondayJul 9, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to London0 seats left$66USD $1,594
- MondayJul 16, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to London0 seats left$66USD $1,594
- MondayJul 23, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to London7 seats left$59USD $1,416
- MondayJul 30, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to London0 seats left$66USD $1,594
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Wales and Scotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request CostSaver to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this CostSaver booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 July 2018 the full payment of $1,008 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1008 for England and Scotland Heritage, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for CostSaver tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 34 km
- Windsor (England)
- 122 km
- Bath (England)
- 55 km
- Gloucester (England)
- 154 km
- Chester (England)
- 31 km
- Llangollen (Wales)
- 50 km
- Liverpool (England)
- 117 km
- Grasmere (England)
- 60 km
- Gretna Green (Scotland)
- 122 km
- Glasgow (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,008 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on England and Scotland Heritage