England and Scotland Heritage (8 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 979
- Rather Poor
- RLRuthWritten on August 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentGlenn was a superb guide who was very organized with approaching walking tours or accomodation the following night as we travelled along. It is a busy itinerary but well laid out and the sights were well chosen. Especially enjoyed the evening excursion to Kenny's Inn having a good meal and enjoying local singing and poems by the local people. thanksShow detailed ratings
- AngeloWritten on August 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe tour was well organized and covered a great deal of round. Terry our tour guide was excellent, easy to get along with and much fun. Marcello our driver was fantastic as well. Over all, the tour exceeded expectations with some pleasant surprises.Show detailed ratings
- SRSunilWritten on July 26, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe tour overall was very good except 2 issues. Don’t advertise WiFi on the bus if it is non existent. Also the food choices were almost the same on the 5 occasions. Should include other choices like Asian/ fusion etc as there were many Australians. Thank you.Show detailed ratings
- JZJoshuaWritten on June 19, 20183.0 - AverageThe tour was very interesting. The guide, Vanessa Suss and driver Jamie were outstanding. However each hotel had problems. The worst were IBIS hotels (4 nights). They had very bad housekeeping - toilet flushing working poorly, no tissues, cups not clean. The breakfasts were terrible with the exception of London IBIS. The breakfasts in other hotels were not much better. Hatton Court Hotel did not have hot water in shower, in Airth Castle Hotel and Spa the shower did not work for the first night, it was fixed next day. People who used Trafalgar before told us that accommodations on other trips were much better, so the work is cut out for Trafalgar with respect to this tour.Show detailed ratings
- PDPatrickWritten on May 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe camaraderie we built up over the course of the tour.Show detailed ratings
- ARAngusWritten on May 15, 20183.5 - GoodGood tour. Smallish group. Felt a little rushed at times trying to keep to the schedule. Evening meals provided I should have eaten else where poor service and poor meals.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentNeed to know more about options before tour begins and add fees for director and bus driver with price of tour.Show detailed ratings
- HHemalathaWritten on October 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentVery memorable tour in my life I enjoyed and the tour guide was excellent thank you very muchShow detailed ratings
- KHKennethWritten on October 11, 20173.5 - GoodThis tour is good but hurried. I expected at least one hotel I could complain about but in truth there were none although to be honest one of the provided meals was the worst we have had for years. Mike, the tour director did an admirable job filling in the dull spots with humorous tales and a few treats. This despite having to answer questions like "Why is this place called Royal?". The coach was adequate without being luxurious. In the main the weather was good to us but the 3 or 4 hours of free time at some of the spots would have been a problem in bad weather. In conclusion let me say we were both glad we took the tour and would use Costsaver again.Show detailed ratings
- KBKathrynWritten on August 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentOur tour was wonderfully well organized and planned. Our tour guide, Rob Early, was extremely knowledgeable but did everything with a great sense of fun.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London – Windsor – Bath – Gloucester
- Day 2: Gloucester – Chester – Liverpool
- Day 3: Liverpool – Lake District – Gretna Green – Glasgow
- Day 4: Glasgow – Scottish Highlands
- Day 5: Scottish Highlands – St. Andrews – Near Edinburgh (Airth) (2 Nights)
- Day 6: Edinburgh Sightseeing and Free Time
- Day 7: Edinburgh – York – Bradford
- Day 8: Bradford – Stratford-upon-Avon – London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is it possible to stay in a family room?
CostSaver, the tour operator for this tour does not offer family rooms on their tours.
What time does the tour start and end?
Pickup is at 7am from the Trafalgar London Reception Centre (which is opposite the London Eye - very centrally located)
If you book pre-accommodation for this tour - the pickup location will be at the Ibis Earl's Court and the pick time will be at 7:45am.
Drop off - the final day of the tour is a travelling day and I have been advised by the tour operator that the drop off is between 4-6pm and it is recommended not to book flights for this day, as this drop off time is an estimated time and is dependant on traffic etc.
As a solo traveller, what kind of accommodation can I get from the trip?
If you would like to stay in a single room there would be a single supplement with an extra cost. Otherwise you would be paired with another solo same gender passenger to share a twin-share room.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Frances Anne9th April 2018
England and Scotland Heritage (8 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- MondayAug 27, 2018from London11 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to London10+ seats left$59USD $1,416
- MondaySep 3, 2018from London11 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to London10+ seats left$66USD $1,594
- MondaySep 10, 2018from London11 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to London10+ seats left$66USD $1,594
- MondaySep 17, 2018from London11 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to London8 seats left$66USD $1,594
- MondaySep 24, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to London10+ seats left$59USD $1,416
- MondayOct 1, 2018from London11 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$66USD $1,594
- MondayApr 8, 2019from London11 DaysThursdayApr 18, 2019to London10+ seats left$50USD $1,200
- MondayApr 22, 2019from London11 DaysThursdayMay 2, 2019to London10+ seats left$60USD $1,435
- MondayApr 29, 2019from London11 DaysThursdayMay 9, 2019to London10+ seats left$60USD $1,435
- MondayMay 6, 2019from London11 DaysThursdayMay 16, 2019to London7 seats left$64USD $1,531
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Wales and Scotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request CostSaver to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this CostSaver booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 October 2018 the full payment of $979 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $979 for England and Scotland Heritage (8 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for CostSaver tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 34 km
- Windsor (England)
- 122 km
- Bath (England)
- 55 km
- Gloucester (England)
- 154 km
- Chester (England)
- 31 km
- Llangollen (Wales)
- 50 km
- Liverpool (England)
- 117 km
- Grasmere (England)
- 60 km
- Gretna Green (Scotland)
- 122 km
- Glasgow (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $979 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,006 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on England and Scotland Heritage (8 Days)