Italy from the north to the south
- Our saving
- US $ 1,867
- +12 Destinations
- Central Italy
- Admire Florence's architecture
- Feast on delicious Italian food
- Explore the canals of Venice
- Visit Pompeii's famous ruins
- Age range
- 1 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- CarlitoWritten on April 19, 20183.0 - AverageTransportation for the north (Fantasia) tour was great, but the south (Dolce Vita) was terrible! We had to swap buses several times, and they split us up by language versus hotel, which made the entire ordeal last that much longer because we had to stop at every guests hotel.Show detailed ratings
- LSLynnWritten on October 27, 20174.0 - GoodOur guide Patrizia was good. The tour covered quite a lot of sights, which was what we wanted. The large group of non-native English speakers in our group did not listen to directions, resulting in long wait times at the bus. Also, the physical requirements need to be stated forcefully, as we had several people who could not handle walking at ANY pace.Show detailed ratingsWingbuddy commented on this reviewHello from Wingbuddy! We thank you for your really good review and we are really happy that you appreciated your trip, your tour guide Patricia and all the great highlights of Italy. During the high season, the groups are larger, some people may walk more slowly and this may cause more delays. Thanks again for your review and we are looking forward to assist you in your next trip!
- TDTracyWritten on August 25, 20174.0 - GoodIt was my first time to Europe and my first bus tour. My husband and 16 year old daughter with me. I was very impressed with our guide, Mirjam. First part of tour, large group, close to 40. She managed to keep all together, kept her cool, was funny, informative. She is definitely a keeper!! She worked her buns off. We did 12 cities in 10/11 days and I would definitely recommend this tour and company to friends! Can't wait until next timeShow detailed ratings
- DWDOUGLASWritten on July 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur tours throughout the north and south of Italy exceeded our expectations. Guides were fantastic, hotels great, accomodations and meals exceptional. Everything was on schedule...all done for us with no worries about airport transportation, etc. Could not have been happier. We were celebrating our 50th Anniversary and took our 18 year old granddaughter along for her first European trip. The coaches are very substantial and the professional guides knew everything about the history of all the regions, museums, art, etc.Show detailed ratings
- SStephanieWritten on November 26, 20164.0 - GoodMy tour guide for my first tour in Italy was through Carrani Tours. Her name was Mirjam de Regt. She was organized and knowledgeable, and I would recommend her to others. :)Show detailed ratings
- AzamWritten on August 18, 20164.5 - Excellentit was a great trip with this company , i had a so much fun and everything was so organize.Show detailed ratings
- FPFilippoWritten on July 29, 20163.0 - AverageThe only negative of this tour was the location of the hotels. All were located 20 min or more from the city core. We found out while on the tour that their was an option, that was never offered to us, to upgrade location of hotels in Rome and Venice. In Florence we were supposed to get a specified hotel or an equivalent. The equivalent was nothing like the hotel we were supposed to get plus is was 20 minutes out of the cityShow detailed ratingsWingbuddy commented on this reviewHello Filippo, Thank you very much for your review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to constantly improve our packages. We noted that the tour went well, however you were not impressed with the chosen hotels locations. We apologize that you found them to be a far walk to the city center. We will be offering hotel upgrades within the next couple of weeks. Our main priority is to be able to offer well located, clean and comfortable atmosphere in the hotels we offer. Please reach out to us should you be willing to give us a chance to turn your next experience around. It would be such a pleasure! The Wingbuddy Team
- KTKWritten on July 3, 20163.0 - Average1. Brochure claimed a "luxury coach" which was an old, almost rickety ride on the highways north of Rome. At least the wifi worked OK unlike some of the hotels eg. Rome Garden was unreliable, one hotel had none at all. 2. North of Rome, the tour had optional tours which we did not partake of. Feedback from other participants were not very good eg. the Venice night tour promised visits to pubs but the guide left you to find your own way after a few words; the long return ride to Pisa was weary. 3. The guide would say only so much about a place. If you needed more info, he would tell you "to google it." Carlos is a 22 yrs old veteran guide, perhaps a little jaded in his profession. 4. The south of Rome to Capri is only 3 days but took many changes of buses and luggage transfers as we joined other groups from other hotels eg. at least 6 hotel groups. The last day after arrival at 8.30pm in Rome took nearly an hour before we were dropped off in our hotel - we were the last drop-off at 9.30pm. There were NO cafes or restaurants opened around our hotel then. When asked about this, the "tour-director" simply shrugged and said he was not familiar with the area. 5. The food was generally acceptable except for some lunches eg. Day 8 before entering Pompeii - the fish dish was like drinking the ocean, it was so salty. Day 9 lunch, the pizza was soggy, greasy unlike those served in less named places. 6. The included tours were OK especially with privileged entries. The local guides were very good. The radio sets worked erratically. 7. An optional tour to Almafi and Postano for day 10 was the best of optionals according to the group. The bus was comfortable, modern seats and driver jovial. The price was most fair at E35 per pax for 5 hours. 8. There was NO dress code for the dinner on day 8 at Sorrento. Most of the diners were weekly stays dressed in bermudas, singlets and slippers. We dressed up and felt pretentious. The waiters were the best in the whole Italy, courtly and courteous. 9. Hotels were OK and adequate. Rome Garden is 3+* with excellent breakfast. Hotel Visuvio in Sorrento is 4+* with excellent amenities and service.Show detailed ratingsWingbuddy commented on this reviewHello K H Tan, thank you very much for your review. We apologize that you have had an unpleasant experience on our package. We constantly strive to improve our packages, and have forwarded your review to our local operators. We generally have rather positive feedback on this tour, and are going to look closely into the items you noted. Please allow us some time to investigate. We will contact you shortly.
- RRachelleWritten on June 10, 20163.0 - AverageThere were some issues with this particular tour. First off, we were booked on a Spanish speaking tour (all our docs were in Spanish). Once we discussed this with our tour guide they were able to get us on the English speaking bus and we were sent an English itinerary. Unfortunately, our vouchers were all in Spanish and that made it difficult to know which one needed to be given out since we don't speak Spanish. The drivers were always on time for each of our pick ups. That was great! This tour included 4 nights in Rome, 2 nights in Florence, 2 nights in Venice and 2 nights in Sorrento. We were booked at the Rome Garden Hotel. The hotel itself was nice and the breakfast was delicious, however the location was not very good. It was a safe area, but it was at least a 20 min. walk to Trevi Fountain and even farther to the other sights. We ended up taking a taxi a few times because it was just too far to walk back each night. We tried to move to a hotel closer to Trevi Fountain but were given conflicting information, so we ended up staying at the Rome Garden Hotel. The Hotel Mediterreano in Florence was nice, no problems there. The Hotel Delfino in Mestre (Venice) was fine as far as location, but the breakfast was AWFUL! The tour companies that use this hotel really need to discuss this with the hotel so they can make some changes. We heard lots of people complaining about the food so it wasn't just our family that didn't like it. The employees were also very rude at the Hotel Delfino. Especially in the breakfast area. The Hotel Vesuvio in Sorrento was our favorite hotel. Everything there was perfect except the air conditioning never cooled the room enough. We ended up opening the window at night as it was cooler outside than inside the room. The first part of our trip (going North) was really perfect except for the food that was included in the package. The second half of our trip (going South) was a bit disorganized. We were put on a Spanish/English speaking tour bus and tour of Pompeii. It was frustrating listening to each explanation in two languages. We also had to switch buses in Pompeii both going and coming. Although, the employees handled all the luggage, it wasted about an hour each time and they seemed to be making decisions on the fly, not really having a good plan of which people needed to be placed on which bus. My biggest suggestion for improving this tour is to remove the "provided meals" (lunch and dinner) and charge less for the tour. It's so much nicer to be able to choose our own food and the place that we want to eat. Overall, we found the food that was provided (no choice, everyone got the same thing) was substandard. The breakfast at The Hotel Delfino in Mestre DEFINITELY needs to be improved. The other suggestion is that on the tour going to Pompeii/Sorrento/Capri, they have a clear plan in advance of who needs to be on which bus BEFORE the customers show up. We were also given a nice Pompeii tour booklet (explanation of the ruins) AFTER we returned from seeing Pompeii. It would have been nice to have received this BEFORE entering the ruins so that we could get an idea in advance of what we were going to see. Overall, I liked the stops we made and the tour was really good. If these issues are rectified, I could give this tour 5 stars.Show detailed ratings
- SSharonWritten on March 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentWow, what a tour! I felt like I experienced all Italy has to offer. LOVED Tuscany. Beautiful views, great food, and good company. Thank you Wingbuddy, it was an unforgettable experience!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Rome
- Day 2: Rome - Assisi - Siena - Florence
- Day 3: Florence
- Day 4: Florence - Bologna - Padova - Venice
- Day 5: Venice
- Day 6: Venice - Montepulciano (Tuscany wine region) - Rome
- Day 7: Rome
- Day 8: Rome - Naples - Pompeii - Sorrento
- Day 9: Sorrento - Capri - Sorrento
- Day 10: Sorrento - Rome
- Day 11: Rome
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 26, 2018
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursion for this tour is:
Trip to Pisa. Prices: Adult: EUR 49 (approx) / person. Child 4 to 12 years old: EUR 24.50 (approx) / person. 0 to 3 years old: Free
Please be advised that this is a guideline only, and prices are subject to change.
- April 4, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day, breakfast is included in the Rome Garden Hotel before checkout as well as a transfer back to the airport, which you may use or choose to continue on your own arrangements. If you are returning to the airport on that day, we will need your flight details after booking to arrange your return transfer.
Please note that the ending hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- April 4, 2018
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Transfers between the airport and the hotel in Rome before and after your tour is included in the tour price and is depending on your flight schedule. After you book your tour, you can send us your complete flight details and we will confirm your included transfers.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
Italy from the north to the south
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Rome11 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayJun 13, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Rome11 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayJun 20, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Rome11 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayJun 27, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- FridayJun 22, 2018from Rome11 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayJul 4, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- FridayJun 29, 2018from Rome11 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayJul 11, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Rome.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Wingbuddy booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $1,867 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1867 for Italy from the north to the south, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Wingbuddy will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Wingbuddy tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 130 km
- Assisi (Italy)
- 108 km
- Siena (Italy)
- 51 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 80 km
- Bologna (Italy)
- 110 km
- Padua (Italy)
- 34 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 265 km
- Montepulciano (Italy)
- 145 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 189 km
- Naples (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,867 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Italy from the north to the south via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Italy from the north to the south