Italy from the north to the south
- Our saving
- US $ 1,649
- Explore a few of the historically significant cities in Italy
- Sample gelato and indulge in delicious Tuscan wine
- Stroll the streets of Venice, the iconic ‘Floating City’
- Visit the ruins of Pompeii buried in volcanic ashes
- Rather Poor
- CLCarlaWritten on October 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentI think the entire experience was almost perfect!, Italy is a very beautiful country...Carlos was a good guide and kept everything well organized. It was just at the second part of the trip... the adds on for Sorrento and Capri where Carlos was no longer the guide but somebody else, that we all felt the difference with many transfers in Rome and then in Pompeii and finally another one to go to the hotel.. then, the pick up to Sorrento was a 6:00am and the hotel provides breakfast at 6:30 am, therefore even if the itinerary include that day breakfast, we have to pay for a snack and coffee in between transfers. The Hotel in Rome start great and the second time was ok too but from our way back from Sorrento, just the last night in Rome before coming back home, we got a not really nice room, by the side of a train station, we could barely sleep... and we still have ahead an 8hr flight back to Canada. :(Show detailed ratings
- DDDanielWritten on October 3, 20183.5 - GoodTo start with, NONE of the hotels initially advertised by WingBuddy -on the tour brochure- were actually provided to us during the trip. In all cases those provided were further from the city center and had some had a lower rating. Actually, even the one named on the final tour voucher was not provided on the field, while they try to hide by the "or similar" hotel label. This is a clear case of advertising one thing and providing another one, so I will never ever trust them again! Then, the pleasant guide Nicole -from Carrani group running the tour in Italy- did provide some good information. However the tour did require many times to be on the bus at 7:15 - 7:30 am, and on the day going to Sorrento it was 6:30 am, just for them to finally collect al of us from all hotels and leave for Sorrento at 8:00 am. Finally, on the trip from Venice to Rome we did stop on Montepulciano for barely 1.5 hrs -for lunch and visit as well !!- just to get back to Rome at 5:30 pm !?!? Together with some other meal times, Carrani tours company seems to do what fits them better and not the paying customer, so I will avoid them in future. All in all, it was an interesting cultural experience but at a tiresome pace with less than optimal traveller experience and a pretty disappointing tour operator experience.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 9, 20182.5 - AverageAccommodation were below standard. The showers doors were too small in most of the hotels with bearly enough space to fit through. Hotel in Venice was disgusting with broken door handle and a toilet that did not flush. At the end of the tour instead of being dropped at the hotel we are made to change to a small bus on the side of a road in the rainwhere there was insufficient room for all the luggage and one of the passenger had to hold big suitcases on his lap.Show detailed ratings
- JBJoyceWritten on August 25, 20184.5 - Excellentoverall a great trip. it definitely packs a lot in, but so worth the time!Show detailed ratings
- PedroWritten on August 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentPatricia did an excellent job and I cannot forget our driver Paulo.Show detailed ratings
- JLJulieWritten on August 9, 20183.5 - GoodOur guide was not very personable. He seemed aloof most of the time and frequently gave us conflicting information, especially regarding meeting or departure times. He didn't encourage or facilitate getting to know the rest of our travel group. He did speak English very well though. Our breakfasts were ok but we had to miss two due to early departures. The first provided dinner, at the Hotel Rafaelo in Florence, was very bad and so was the service. The dinners in Venice were much better though. Overall, the Hotel Rafaelo is fairly disappointing. It is just a worn out hotel. The brand new bus we had for the majority of our trip (Italian Dream portion) was extremely nice as it had good leg room, wifi, and USB charging ports. The other buses we were on for the Amalfi Coast extension were not very nice and one even had a non-functioning front door but we were not on those buses for more than a few hours. We LOVED the hotel in Sorrento. It was a wonderful ending spot for our trip. A few of our private shuttle drivers (eg to the airport) did not speak English and that caused confusion. Our final driver had been given the wrong information and initially was headed to the wrong airport but we were tracking the route on mapping apps and realized the mistake so we alerted him. Thankfully it only added about fifteen minutes to our drive so we arrived in plenty of time to check in Overall we are pleased with the many cities we visited and the sites we saw in Italy.Show detailed ratings
- WCWaiWritten on July 31, 20184.0 - GoodTransfers from airport, pickups from hotels, transfers from coach to coach are well organized. The guide for the I love Rome guided tour of the Vatican City was caring. The local guide for Pompei and Sorrento was efficient. It would be a better itinerary if Colosseum in Rome is added and more time is allocated to the guided tours in Florence and Naples. It was a pity not to have visited the Amalfi Coast after a long drive south, and it’s not far away from Sorrento. For optional excursions, the gondola ride €35 per person is a bit too much. That’s an average of €175 per gondola! It would be better if all coaches for long journey have chargers for electronic devices.Show detailed ratings
- RCRONALDWritten on July 26, 20183.5 - GoodThe tour guide at Pompeii. Was an was an jack ass it was 94 deg others ask him if we cold stop for water and he said we couldn't it wasn't in our itinerary he was awfulShow detailed ratings
- NSNancyWritten on July 25, 20184.5 - ExcellentOverall we had an amazing time! Our Carrani guide Sabrina (first part of tour) was efficient and pleasant, knowledgeable, etc. At times we felt a bit rushed, I wished we had a little bit more time (Pisa, Capri, Pompei). Florence accommodations weren't good but the rest of the hotels were, especially Sorrento! At tour kickoff, I would recommend that the guide have some sort of meet and greet so that all present are introduced to each other. Also suggest a few more meal options for Vegan and Vegetarians.Show detailed ratings
- FFatimaCLeeWritten on July 23, 20184.0 - GoodThe Vatican museum local guide is good and explains well.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Rome
- Day 2: Rome - Assisi - Siena - Florence
- Day 3: Florence
- Day 4: Florence - Bologna - Padova - Venice
- Day 5: Venice
- Day 6: Venice - Montepulciano (Tuscany wine region) - Rome
- Day 7: Rome
- Day 8: Rome - Naples - Pompeii - Sorrento
- Day 9: Sorrento - Capri - Sorrento
- Day 10: Sorrento - Rome
- Day 11: Rome
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursion for this tour is:
Trip to Pisa. Prices: Adult: EUR 49 (approx) / person. Child 4 to 12 years old: EUR 24.50 (approx) / person. 0 to 3 years old: Free
Please be advised that this is a guideline only, and prices are subject to change.
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day, breakfast is included in the Rome Garden Hotel before checkout as well as a transfer back to the airport, which you may use or choose to continue on your own arrangements. If you are returning to the airport on that day, we will need your flight details after booking to arrange your return transfer.
Please note that the ending hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Transfers between the airport and the hotel in Rome before and after your tour is included in the tour price and is depending on your flight schedule. After you book your tour, you can send us your complete flight details and we will confirm your included transfers.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Leslie3rd September 2018
Italy from the north to the south
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayOct 31, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Rome11 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayNov 7, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$58USD $1,867
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayNov 14, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$51USD $1,649
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayNov 21, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$51USD $1,649
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayNov 28, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$51USD $1,649
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Rome11 DaysWednesdayDec 12, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$51USD $1,649
- SundayJan 13, 2019from Rome11 DaysWednesdayJan 23, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$51USD $1,649
- SundayJan 27, 2019from Rome11 DaysWednesdayFeb 6, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$51USD $1,649
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from Rome11 DaysWednesdayFeb 20, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$51USD $1,649
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Rome.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Wingbuddy booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 December 2018 the full payment of $1,649 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1649 for Italy from the north to the south, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Wingbuddy will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Wingbuddy tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 130 km
- Assisi (Italy)
- 108 km
- Siena (Italy)
- 51 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 80 km
- Bologna (Italy)
- 110 km
- Padua (Italy)
- 34 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 265 km
- Montepulciano (Italy)
- 145 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 189 km
- Naples (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,649 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,367 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Italy from the north to the south via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 27 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Italy from the north to the south