Best of Bulgaria Roundtrip
- Our saving
- US $ 472
- Age range
- 8 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- MTMargaretWritten on May 24, 20183.5 - Gooda couple of breakfasts were poor especially the "homestay" cold pancakes ( bought in a pack) with jam & strong undrinkable coffee. extra charge for 3 in 1 coffee, no juice or water. "Homestay" dinner for which we paid was also poor -- cold chips & chicken. Nothing else accessable as we were up a mountain. Still do not know what the 100 euro payment in Bulgaria was for as I understand it was not for the guide.Show detailed ratings
- SCStaceyWritten on November 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentI've just returned from the Best of Bulgaria round trip tour- 8 days. We saw amazing sights with a very knowledgeable guide. A nice mix of small villages and larger cities. Lots of monuments, mountains, museums, churches and monasteries. I would definitely recommend this trip for those who want to see more than just Sofia. Bulgaria has a lot to offer and is a beautiful country.Show detailed ratings
- DMDawnWritten on October 5, 20174.0 - GoodAn enjoyable trip round the sites of Bulgaria. Plenty of monasteries, lovely scenery and a good introduction to a country I have never visited before. There were only 4 of us in a van which could take 8. Which meant plenty of room for us, but it would have been very cramped with more in. The guide (Kostos) was extremely pleasant and eager to please. No problems with either the pick-up or drop-off transfers. The hotels were sometimes a bit out of town for my liking, but we managed. You have to pay entry fees yourselves but they all seem very cheap so not an issue (average of about £3 or so to enter most places).Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on July 17, 20155.0 - ExcellentI recently had the pleasure of using your company for a tour of Bulgaria. Two of your employee's really made the trip memorable. Zlatna and Anna Marie were excellent guides. Their willingness to make the customer comfortable were extra-ordinary. They were willing to provide commentary on towns and sites which, to me, made the trip. You should be proud to have these two individuals as employees. Thank you!
- AAnonymousWritten on June 19, 20155.0 - ExcellentWe went to Bulgaria in May 2015 on a roundtrip from Sofia and were very pleased with that ! Bulgaria was a white spot for us until this fantastic trip showed us what a wonderful country it is. We learnt about the short history of the Bulgarian nation and saw beautiful monasteries, exciting caves and intersting museums. We stayed mostly in B&B: s and they were excellent. The food was everywhere so good and cost very little. The whole trip was magnificent and priceworthy! We were only two in the group so you can imagine how fine it was! Our guide Anna Maria was super and became our friend. We are sure you will enjoy your visit to Bulgaria. Bibi and Göran Lindeberg, 72 and 76 from Swedem
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1. Sofia
- Day 2. Sofia – Rila Monastery – Melnik
- Day 3. Melnik - Trigrad
- Day 4. Trigrad - Plovdiv
- Day 5. Plovdiv
- Day 6. Plovdiv – Etara– Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 7. Veliko Turnovo - Koprivshtitsa
- Day 8. Koprivshtitsa – Sofia. Departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Can we upgrade the accomodation?
It's possible to upgrade the accommodation on days 1,3,4 and 6, because decent hotels can be found only in big cities. On the other days you will be accommodated in family run hotels and houses, located in small towns and villages.
- April 1, 2016
How big are the groups?
The average group size is 6-8 persons.
- January 1, 2016
I'd like to know the cost of the additional activities and entrance fees that are not included in the price of this tour?
Entrance fees for the entire trip are approximately 30-35CAD.
Please note that the price is still subject to change and is just an estimated one.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Best of Bulgaria Roundtrip
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Sofia10+ seats left$20USD $472+ $117 Local payment
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Sofia10+ seats left$20USD $472+ $117 Local payment
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Sofia10+ seats left$20USD $472+ $117 Local payment
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Sofia8 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Sofia10+ seats left$20USD $472+ $117 Local payment
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Sofia8 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to Sofia10+ seats left$20USD $472+ $117 Local payment
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Sofia10+ seats left$20USD $472+ $117 Local payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Sofia.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Penguin Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2018 the full payment of $472 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $472 for Best of Bulgaria Roundtrip, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Penguin Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Penguin Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 65 km
- Rila (Bulgaria)
- 71 km
- Melnik (Bulgaria)
- 83 km
- Trigrad (Bulgaria)
- 68 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 126 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 113 km
- Koprivshtitsa (Bulgaria)
- 85 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $472 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,987 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Best of Bulgaria Roundtrip via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Bulgaria Roundtrip