Highland Trail inspired by Outlander Summer 2019
- Our saving
- US $ 3,128
- Rather Poor
- WSWilliamWritten on September 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was a wonderful, taking us completely around Scotland. Our guide, Tamara Henry was exceptional, knowledgeable, patient, good sense of humor, and kept a reasonable time table. I would highly recommend this tourShow detailed ratings
- LGLyndelWritten on June 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentI am extremely happy with all aspects of Trafalgar's Outlander based tour. There was only one instance at a hotel complex where we had to pay quite a lot for a pizza after trying several resturants in the complex and being told they were catering for other tours. The tour co ordinator and drivers were exemplarary and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. My room mate was a perfect match which was also an added pleasure. I have no reservations in recommending Trafalgar.Show detailed ratings
- FrancineWritten on June 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentWhat an awesome tour of Scotland! It covers a LOT of territory so sometimes it feels a bit rushed to cram it all in, but if you’re ok with that you’ll have a fantastic time!Show detailed ratings
- MEMichaelWritten on July 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentJust completed 14 day tour with 42 others on the 'Outlander' tour to the Scottish Highlands. The tour leader Jon Sowden was excellent, competent, knowledgeable and unflappable, the main driver Tommy was likewise, they made a great team. The tour covered a lot of territory, we stayed at old and new hotels, the hotel in Ballachulish was magnificent in character and location. We were blessed by amazing weather but the tour would have been worthwhile even if we had lots of rain as we expected. We enjoyed the whole experience.Show detailed ratings
- WDWendyWritten on June 22, 20174.0 - GoodHi the tour was as expected, and the accomodation good. Some of the Hotels were quaint the best venue was Ballachulish which was a beautiful Hotel with a brilliant outlook. The coach and the driver were good. The tour director was excellent she knew all about Outlander and the different areas where filming was carried out. The tour also had good general balance.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Edinburgh (3 Nights)
- Day 2: Edinburgh Sightseeing and Free Time
- Day 3: Outlander Film Location Excursion
- Day 4: Edinburgh – Falkland Village – St. Andrews – Dundee
- Day 5: Dundee – Highland Folk Museum – Scottish Highlands
- Day 6: Scottish Highlands – Culloden – Inverness – Thurso (2 Nights)
- Day 7: Orkney Islands Excursion
- Day 8: Thurso – Ullapool – Isle of Skye
- Day 9: Isle of Skye – Ballachulish (2 Nights)
- Day 10: Glencoe and Blair Athol Distillery Excursion
- Day 11: Ballachulish – Doune Castle – Stirling Castle – Bannockburn – Glasgow (2 Nights)
- Day 12: Glasgow Orientation – Linlithgow Palace Excursion
- Day 13: Depart Glasgow
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Love Travel?
- Travel Today Sustain Tomorrow
- Dive Into Culture | Glengoyne Distillery | Scotland, UK
- Stays with Stories | Laggan Gaskmore | The Highlands, Scotland
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are as below and can be booked once you are on the tour:
Rosslyn Chapel. Adult Price: £18.00
Scottish Show With Dinner. Adult Price: £60.00
Dinner & Ghost Walk. Adult Price: £40.00
Dinner & Kilt Wearing Demonstration. Adult Price: £40.00
Midhope Castle & Hopetoun House. Adult Price: £28.00
Drummond Castle Gardens. Adult Price: £24.00
Dinner & Drive To Historic Torphichen. Adult Price:£46.00
Jacobite Evening Inspired By Outlander. Adult Price:£49.00
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
Where and when does this tour start?
Other than the Welcome Reception, there are no other activities planned for Day 1 so travellers are free to arrive in Edinburgh at any time. The joining point accommodation for this tour will be the hotel listed on your confirmed hotel list found in your final tour documents.
When and where does this tour end?
Your tour ends with a full breakfast. However, you are more than welcome to leave earlier as well. Airport transfers are also available, though conditions apply. Please contact our Customer Support team for more information.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Bernard, 72 years old5th October 2018
Highland Trail inspired by Outlander Summer 2019
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- MondayMay 20, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Glasgow8 seats left$348$3,475-10%USD $3,128
- MondayMay 27, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Glasgow10+ seats left$350$3,495-10%USD $3,146
- MondayJun 3, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Glasgow8 seats left$355$3,550-10%USD $3,195
- MondayJun 17, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Glasgow10+ seats left$355$3,550-10%USD $3,195
- MondayJun 24, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Glasgow10+ seats left$355$3,550-10%USD $3,195
- MondayJul 8, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Glasgow10+ seats left$355$3,550-10%USD $3,195
- MondayJul 22, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Glasgow8 seats left$355$3,550-10%USD $3,195
- MondayAug 26, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Glasgow10+ seats left$365$3,650-10%USD $3,285
- MondaySep 2, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Glasgow7 seats left$355$3,550-10%USD $3,195
- MondaySep 16, 2019from Edinburgh13 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Glasgow10+ seats left$355$3,550-10%USD $3,195
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Edinburgh is the starting point and Glasgow is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Trafalgar booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 December 2018 the full payment of $3,128 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3128 for Highland Trail inspired by Outlander Summer 2019, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 33 km
- Glamis (Scotland)
- 16 km
- Dundee (Scotland)
- 134 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 4 km
- Clava Cairns (Scotland)
- 9 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 131 km
- Thurso (Scotland)
- 70 km
- Orkney Islands (Scotland)
- 70 km
- Thurso (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,128 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,511 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highland Trail inspired by Outlander Summer 2019