Hiking Zagori & Meteora
- Our saving
- US $ 1,000
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +9 Destinations
- Northern Greece
- Descend to Vikos gorge
- Discover the beautiful Dragon Lake
- Relax in natural swimming pools
- Visit the famous and beautiful Meteora
- Age range
- 5 to 85 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Physical Rating
- All Inclusive
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking, Mountain Hikes
- Rather Poor
- ARAlexanderWritten on May 3, 20194.5 - Excellent
This tour (in April 2019) exceeded my expectations in every respect: the scenery at both Zagori and Meteora was spectacular, our two guides Danae and Ippo capable, accommodating and attentive, the guest house/hotel accommodation clean and comfortable.... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewHi Alex, Thank you for your kind words and I am glad you enjoyed this trip! I hope you visit Greece soon again and we can take you to other wonderful sites too! Warm regards, Danae
- ThomasWritten on May 7, 20184.5 - Excellent
Excellent hiking tours, ranging from easy to challenging, throughout the beautiful regions of Zagori & Meteora. Stavros, our guide, adjusted our hikes based upon weather conditions & energy levels and provided invaluable hiking tips throughout the duration... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewHi Thomas, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your trip, we really want to show our guests a truly authentic side of Greece! Hope to see you again :)
- LLLisaWritten on October 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
All of the adventure, none of the planning. I went on a 7-day hiking trip through the beautiful mountains and gorges of northwest Greece with Danae and Stavros, and let me say--those two are always ready for more hiking! One day we hiked through a lush,... Read more
- MVMacciWritten on April 28, 20165.0 - Excellent
The best trip so far. The guides were AMAZING and I so much enjoyed the sites we visited and the company. The food was above and beyond anything I could have ever asked for.Show detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewThank you so much Macci for your kind words and your wonderful company during the tour! It was great having you with us and looking forward to seeing you again :)
- MCmyriamWritten on December 2, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was great: the country, the people,the food ...everything!!! The guides were marvellous; they did our trip especial and we enjoyed a lot.
- AAnnaWritten on November 30, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This is a really very nice trek, and we have been very lucky with the professional and kindly guides. Greek people is very friendly, and we have been fortunate to share with them home, food, landscape and such nice things. The trip is very rich because is... Read more
- jamWritten on November 24, 20154.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Athens - Monodendri - Vitsa
- Day 2: Vradeto - Beloi - Vradeto & Zagoria arch stone bridges
- Day 3: Crossing Vikos gorge
- Day 4: Hiking to the Alpine Dragon lake
- Day 5: Astraka descend - Papigo - Meteora
- Day 6: Hiking Meteora - Athens
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is it safe to drink the local water on this tour?
Water in mainland Greece is drinkable almost anywhere. Particularly in the region of Zagori, you will find everywhere water springs with fresh water coming straight from the mountains! Just imagine that 3 of the best greek brands for bottled water come from this area. So there is no need to boil water or have bottled water, on the contrary the region features with the best water springs all around Greece.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
The single supplement is not mandatory for this tour, as travellers can be roomed with a fellow traveller of the same sex for no additional cost. This is a great way to get to know your group and enrich your travel experience! If you would prefer a little more privacy, a single supplement can be paid, the additional surcharge of which can be viewed on the booking page.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jay3rd January 2019
Hiking Zagori & Meteora
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Athens7 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$42USD $1,000
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Athens7 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$42USD $1,000
- MondaySep 30, 2019from Athens7 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$42USD $1,000
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Trails Beyond booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2019 the full payment of $1,000 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1000 for Hiking Zagori & Meteora, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Trails Beyond will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trails Beyond tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 311 km
- Ioannina (Greece)
- 25 km
- Vitsa (Greece)
- 1 km
- Monodendri (Greece)
- 3 km
- Kapesovo (Greece)
- 12 km
- Vikos-Aoos National Park (Greece)
- 3 km
- Papingo (Greece)
- 1 km
- Mikro Papigo (Greece)
- 6 km
- Drakolimni (Greece)
- 73 km
- Meteora (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,000 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,179 tours in Europe
- covered by 535 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Hiking Zagori & Meteora via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Hiking Zagori & Meteora