Hiking Zagoria & Meteora
- Our saving
- US $ 1,041
- +9 Destinations
- Northern Greece
- Descend to Vikos gorge
- Discover the beautiful Dragon Lake
- Relax in natural swimming pools
- Visit the famous and beautiful Meteora
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Physical Rating
- All Inclusive
- Rather Poor
- ThomasWritten on May 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentExcellent hiking tours, ranging from easy to challenging, throughout the beautiful regions of Zagori & Meteora. Stavros, our guide, adjusted our hikes based upon weather conditions & energy levels and provided invaluable hiking tips throughout the duration of the tour. In addition to the great hikes, the food and accommodation were fantastic. Thoroughly recommended.Show detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewHi Thomas, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your trip, we really want to show our guests a truly authentic side of Greece! Hope to see you again :)
- RURosaWritten on November 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentSubscribo la descripción hecha por Marcos: precisa, ponderada y real. Poco más puedo decir. El grupito encantador, todo fue fácil y agradable. La pareja de mallorquines super amables y qué decir de Danae, hiperactiva, lista, buena profesional, simpática, ágil, ... y Kostas conductor incansable con muchas ganas de aprender nuestra lengua, para lo que se esforzaba cada día más. En fin, agradecer a los cuatro la amabilidad, cordialidad y simpatía que me hicieron pasar unos días muy agradables. Hasta la próxima Rosa M. Udina AbellóShow detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewRosa Maria!! Muchísimas gracias por estas palabras tan bonitas y por venir con nosotros a este viaje de senderismo en una de mis zonas favoritas en todo Grecia, Zagori. Ha sido un placer conocerte y pasar esta semana juntas y espero de volver a vernos en grecia o en barcelona :) un abrazo fuerte de tu amiga, Danae
- BGBegoñaWritten on January 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentConocer las Montañas de Zagoria y los monasterios de Meteora ha sido maravilloso. Muy bien organizado por Danae y Stavros, muy atentos a las necesidades del grupoShow detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewBego!! Muchísimas gracias, estamos super felices que os haya gustado y esperamos de volver a veros pronto! un beso grande :)
- LLLisaWritten on October 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentAll of the adventure, none of the planning. I went on a 7-day hiking trip through the beautiful mountains and gorges of northwest Greece with Danae and Stavros, and let me say--those two are always ready for more hiking! One day we hiked through a lush, green canyon for 6 hours and then were whisked away to a (vertigo-inducing) cliffside trek to see the historic hideout of some (very tenacious) monks. The stone villages were so beautiful in Zagori, and the food in the cozy B&Bs was amazing. As a solo traveler, the group could not have been better--very international and laid back. Note that lunch is typically at 3pm/dinner at 9pm. Recommend!Show detailed ratings
- MVMacciWritten on April 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe best trip so far. The guides were AMAZING and I so much enjoyed the sites we visited and the company. The food was above and beyond anything I could have ever asked for.Show detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewThank you so much Macci for your kind words and your wonderful company during the tour! It was great having you with us and looking forward to seeing you again :)
- EEnricWritten on April 8, 20165.0 - ExcellentEn la zona de Zagori hemos visto bellisimos paisajes y remotos lugares poco frecuentados. Hemos estado en hoteles familiares muy tranquilos y muy acogedores. La comida griega buenisima y abundante, pero lo mejor de todo nuestros guías por su profesionalidad, amabilidad y entusiasmo. Volveré.Show detailed ratings
- MCmyriamWritten on December 2, 20155.0 - ExcellentIt was great: the country, the people,the food ...everything!!! The guides were marvellous; they did our trip especial and we enjoyed a lot.Show detailed ratings
- AAnnaWritten on November 30, 20155.0 - ExcellentThis is a really very nice trek, and we have been very lucky with the professional and kindly guides. Greek people is very friendly, and we have been fortunate to share with them home, food, landscape and such nice things. The trip is very rich because is very variate, the impressive Vikos gorg, the nice small towns of Vradeto or Beloki, the refugee in Astraka and the blue Dragonlimmi and at the end the astonishing landscape sharped by mounts and monasteries in Meteora. Great value !! Don't miss it !!!Show detailed ratings
- jamWritten on November 24, 2015Show detailed ratings4.5 - Excellent
- AAnaWritten on November 17, 20154.5 - ExcellentHa sido un trekking espectacular. Me han gustado mucho la montaña y sus paisajes, los puentes de piedra y los monasterios tanto en Zagoria como en Meteora. Hemos tenido muy buenos guias que han sabido adecuar los itinerarios en función de la climatología, ya que dos días nos llovió mucho. La comida también me ha gustado. En general me llevo muy buen recuerdo de este viaje.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Athens - Monodendri - Vitsa
- Day 2: Vradeto - Beloi - Vradeto & Zagoria arch stone bridges
- Day 3: Crossing Vikos gorge
- Day 4: Hiking to the Alpine Dragon lake
- Day 5: Astraka descend - Papigo - Meteora
- Day 6: Hiking Meteora - Athens
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
What about drinking water? Do the guides provide it or are there places to get bottled water?
Water in mainland Greece is drinkable almost anywhere. Particularly in the region of Zagori, you will find everywhere water springs with fresh water coming straight from the mountains! Just imagine that 3 of the best greek brands for bottled water come from this area. So there is no need to boil water or have bottled water, on the contrary the region features with the best water springs all around Greece.
- August 1, 2016
The brochure on Tourradar quotes the trip different than you have quoted me, why is that?
As this tour operator is located in Europe, their pricing is in Euro. The daily exchange rate is responsible for the difference in prices as you see them as they are calculated daily. The price in the brochure is not.
- August 1, 2016
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
Hiking Zagoria & Meteora
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Athens7 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$43USD $1,041
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Athens7 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$43USD $1,041
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Athens7 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$43USD $1,041
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Trails Beyond booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 July 2018 the full payment of $1,041 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1041 for Hiking Zagoria & Meteora, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Trails Beyond will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trails Beyond tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 311 km
- Ioannina (Greece)
- 25 km
- Vitsa (Greece)
- 1 km
- Monodendri (Greece)
- 3 km
- Kapesovo (Greece)
- 12 km
- Vikos-Aoos National Park (Greece)
- 3 km
- Papingo (Greece)
- 1 km
- Mikro Papigo (Greece)
- 6 km
- Drakolimni (Greece)
- 73 km
- Meteora (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,041 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,995 tours in Europe
- covered by 210 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Hiking Zagoria & Meteora via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Hiking Zagoria & Meteora