Hiking Zagoria & Meteora
- Our saving
- US $ 997
- +9 Destinations
- Northern Greece
- Descend to Vikos gorge
- Discover the beautiful Dragon Lake
- Relax in natural swimming pools
- Visit the famous and beautiful Meteora
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Physical Rating
- All Inclusive
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking, Mountain Hikes
- Rather Poor
- ThomasWritten on May 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentExcellent hiking tours, ranging from easy to challenging, throughout the beautiful regions of Zagori & Meteora. Stavros, our guide, adjusted our hikes based upon weather conditions & energy levels and provided invaluable hiking tips throughout the duration of the tour. In addition to the great hikes, the food and accommodation were fantastic. Thoroughly recommended.Show detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewHi Thomas, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your trip, we really want to show our guests a truly authentic side of Greece! Hope to see you again :)
- LLLisaWritten on October 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentAll of the adventure, none of the planning. I went on a 7-day hiking trip through the beautiful mountains and gorges of northwest Greece with Danae and Stavros, and let me say--those two are always ready for more hiking! One day we hiked through a lush, green canyon for 6 hours and then were whisked away to a (vertigo-inducing) cliffside trek to see the historic hideout of some (very tenacious) monks. The stone villages were so beautiful in Zagori, and the food in the cozy B&Bs was amazing. As a solo traveler, the group could not have been better--very international and laid back. Note that lunch is typically at 3pm/dinner at 9pm. Recommend!Show detailed ratings
- MVMacciWritten on April 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe best trip so far. The guides were AMAZING and I so much enjoyed the sites we visited and the company. The food was above and beyond anything I could have ever asked for.Show detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewThank you so much Macci for your kind words and your wonderful company during the tour! It was great having you with us and looking forward to seeing you again :)
- MCmyriamWritten on December 2, 20155.0 - ExcellentIt was great: the country, the people,the food ...everything!!! The guides were marvellous; they did our trip especial and we enjoyed a lot.Show detailed ratings
- AAnnaWritten on November 30, 20155.0 - ExcellentThis is a really very nice trek, and we have been very lucky with the professional and kindly guides. Greek people is very friendly, and we have been fortunate to share with them home, food, landscape and such nice things. The trip is very rich because is very variate, the impressive Vikos gorg, the nice small towns of Vradeto or Beloki, the refugee in Astraka and the blue Dragonlimmi and at the end the astonishing landscape sharped by mounts and monasteries in Meteora. Great value !! Don't miss it !!!Show detailed ratings
- jamWritten on November 24, 2015Show detailed ratings4.5 - Excellent
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Athens - Monodendri - Vitsa
- Day 2: Vradeto - Beloi - Vradeto & Zagoria arch stone bridges
- Day 3: Crossing Vikos gorge
- Day 4: Hiking to the Alpine Dragon lake
- Day 5: Astraka descend - Papigo - Meteora
- Day 6: Hiking Meteora - Athens
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is it safe to drink the local water on this tour?
Water in mainland Greece is drinkable almost anywhere. Particularly in the region of Zagori, you will find everywhere water springs with fresh water coming straight from the mountains! Just imagine that 3 of the best greek brands for bottled water come from this area. So there is no need to boil water or have bottled water, on the contrary the region features with the best water springs all around Greece.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
The single supplement is not mandatory for this tour, as travellers can be roomed with a fellow traveller of the same sex for no additional cost. This is a great way to get to know your group and enrich your travel experience! If you would prefer a little more privacy, a single supplement can be paid, the additional surcharge of which can be viewed on the booking page.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Mair, 59 years old26th September 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Trails Beyond booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 December 2018 the full payment of $997 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $997 for Hiking Zagoria & Meteora, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Trails Beyond will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trails Beyond tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 311 km
- Ioannina (Greece)
- 25 km
- Vitsa (Greece)
- 1 km
- Monodendri (Greece)
- 3 km
- Kapesovo (Greece)
- 12 km
- Vikos-Aoos National Park (Greece)
- 3 km
- Papingo (Greece)
- 1 km
- Mikro Papigo (Greece)
- 6 km
- Drakolimni (Greece)
- 73 km
- Meteora (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $997 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,383 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Hiking Zagoria & Meteora via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Hiking Zagoria & Meteora