Iceland Circle - 8 Days
- Climb the Grábrók volcano crater
- Enjoy the spectacular view over Eyjafjördur fjord
- Hike in a lava labyrinth at Dimmuborgir
- Learn about living next to an active volcano
- Visit Vatnajokull National Park
- Age range
- 28 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- NNancyWritten on September 19, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was well organized with the basic sights, time etc. I really liked that the bus was large enough to allow the 27 persons to be able to spread out and enjoy window space to see the sites and have individual private space. Our hotels were fine but we were changed one day to an inferior hotel located in another town which was not okay. Our bus driver was great. Our guide was very informative, but kind of difficult to understand at times. He did not make any attempt to learn about the guests on the trip, etc. and was not very helpful when someone was injured - so I would say he did his job, but little more. We weren't able to try to take a boat out on the glacier lake as he inquired too late and never asked us in advance to plan. The tour group enjoyed each other and the tour was very successful I think for most all of us.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: Grabrok Volcano Crater
- Day 3: Lake Myvatn
- Day 4: Namaskard hot springs
- Day 5: Vatnajokull NP
- Day 6: Waterfalls & Volcanoes
- Day 7: Horses & Golden Circle
- Day 8: Reykjavik
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Iceland: In Summer
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What hotels do you use for the "Iceland Circle" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Icelandair Hotel Natura, Reykjavik
- Icelandair Hotel Akureyri, Akureyri
- Hotel Reynihlid, Lake Myvatn
- Icelandair Hotel Herad, Egilsstadir
- Icelandair Hotel Klaustur , Kirkjubajarklaustur
- Icelandair Hotel Fludir, Reykholt
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
The Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis as they are also referred to are one of the many natural wonders of the world and are a natural phenomenon
As a naturally occurring phenomenon, the appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. So much is dependent on solar activity, we can accurately predict neither when they will occur nor how frequently.
Every endeavour will be made on this trip to see the Northern Lights, if it is the correct time of year to see the lights however this is not guaranteed.
Can I book this tour without the flybus shuttle to go back to the airport? Will there be any difference in the price of this tour?
You can opt out of the flybus shuttle if you do not require any transportation, however there would be no amendment to the tour cost.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Geraldine5th June 2018
Iceland Circle - 8 Days
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- TuesdayAug 21, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayAug 28, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$100USD $3,995Based on Double Room
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$100USD $3,995Based on Double Room
- TuesdayAug 28, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdaySep 4, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$100USD $3,995Based on Double Room
- FridayAug 31, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$100USD $3,995Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 4, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdaySep 11, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$100USD $3,995Based on Double Room
- FridaySep 7, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridaySep 14, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$100USD $3,995Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 11, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdaySep 18, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$100USD $3,995Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridaySep 14, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$100USD $3,995Based on Double Room
- TuesdaySep 18, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdaySep 25, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$100USD $3,995Based on Double Room
- FridaySep 21, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$100USD $3,995Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 October 2018 the full payment of $2,895 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2895 for Iceland Circle - 8 Days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 248 km
- Akureyri (Iceland)
- 52 km
- Lake Myvatn (Iceland)
- 104 km
- Vatnajokull National Park (Iceland)
- 146 km
- Gullfoss (Iceland)
- 88 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,895 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,987 tours in Europe
- covered by 253 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iceland Circle - 8 Days