GIVE - Laos
- Our saving
- US $ 1,935
- Luang Prabang
- Laos Highlands
- Nong Khiaw
- Take part in the Alms Ceremony
- Explore Tat Kuang Sii National Park
- Visit a 60-acre animal sanctuary
- Hike through dense jungles
- Rather Poor
- AshiaWritten on September 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip truly gave me the best experience that a first time traveler could have. I did not expect to gain such a connection and admiration for Laos culture and pace of life or to LEARN so much about the country's history and the the village's (Sop Chem) economy and environemtn. I've was concerned about "voluntourism" before the trip but once you arrive you 1. Meet the restaurant owners, drivers, adventure guides, and hostel owners whose services you've paid for 2. Learn how GIVE is simply assisting a community that is organized and independent on its own 3. Feel the genuine and long-term relationship between Give guides and the people in sopchem. This trip for me was more about education, communication, and experiences than volunteer work and I am perfectly fine with that . GIVE volunteers help in terms of numbers (hands for construction and stimulating tourism) and English exposure (good for tourist economy) but the people of Sop Chem know how to actually make what they need and navigate their environment in a way we couldn't possibly. Besides loving the nature and cultural immersion and adventure activities I was impressed with how safe an organized a trip composed of and led by a bunch of 20-something year olds felt. I was never concerned about being lost, hurt, sick, or scared. I felt right at home. If I were to critique anything it'd be maybe the contents of the first aid kits for the guides. I didn't get to check it out extensively so I could be wrong but first aid materials for more serious injuries didn't seem to be present. It wasn't needed on my trip so I dont know first hand how GIVE guides handles those situations. My other critique, which I mentioned to my group and guides, is that maybe Give should along with its other meaningful discussions bring up topics of "white/western saviorism" and colorism. I was the only black person on my trip and I was treated differently by young kids in Sop Chhem for the first few days because I was black. It was a bit isolating and I didn't know who I could talk to. Most orgs like Give fail to discuss colorism in the world but I think that should be a conversation. One of the guides even said that the chief of the village, Tuey, told him that everyone in the village love white people and think they all have money and resources. I could tell.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentI have always had great ambition to travel. I heard about GIVE through my university and absolutely fell in love. I left the infosession with the full intention on going forth with it. I was supposed to go to Nicaragua; however due to safety it was cancelled. I chose Laos after discussing with the GIVE people on the phone. In the end, I decided on Laos because of the similarities between the trips and the comments made from the people over the phone. Now to the good stuff... I was filled with wonderment as soon as I arrived. The scenery and the views and all the other different cultural aspects I first witnessed were overwhelming. As I am sitting back at home months later I think about GIVE every single day. I think of all the great memories I will forever cherish. I think about the connections and the locals that were so welcoming. I think about all the amazing people I met through the trip including my wonderful guide that has forever left an impact on my life. I think of so much when I think of GIVE. I went on this trip thinking I wanted to become a pediatric physical therapist. When I returned home I began questioning what I was doing with my life and how to remain as happy as I was in Sop Chem, because that’s the happy that I want to always be. As of now, I will continue to help and educate others and spread sustainability along with the matter of global citizenship. I hope to someday be able to travel along with pursue my dream of becoming a physical therapist. As of now I am pondering traveling the world as a physical therapist. Who knows where life will take you or me, but I do know that going on a trip with GIVE will help you find the world and yourself.Show detailed ratings
- NicholasWritten on September 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Laos GIVE trip is the third GIVE trip I have participated in and it was by far the most impactful. Most of my time was spent in the beautiful village of Sop Chem where I got to know the locals on a much deeper level than I had anywhere else I have traveled. The education program in Sop Chem is structured in a way that helped me build relationships with my students while making English education fun and effective. Tony has been my lovely guide on two GIVE trips, Nicaragua and Laos, and has been the best guide/friend I could ask for. He specializes in not only connecting with the locals but also helping the volunteers connect the work they are doing on a community level to the bigger picture. The locals in Laos, the other volunteers, and our guide Tony have been the catalyst for so much positive change in my life, I could not reccomend this trip more!Show detailed ratings
- BBrettWritten on August 27, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis tour was delightful! It pushed me beyond my comfort zone while providing support when needed. I thought the guides helped immerse us in the local cultures and helped us positively engage with the education and construction projects. I loved the trip and would recommend it to anyone! The medical and safety precautions were phenomenal!Show detailed ratings
- RRamyaMurakondaWritten on August 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip has been a great opportunity for me to take a look at the outside world and learn so much about it, and also myself, letting me grow as a person. Made some unforgettable memories with the people I've met on this trip. It has definitely been a life changing experience.Show detailed ratings
- AIAlexandraWritten on August 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had never heard of Laos but decided to go with GIVE's SE Asia package to stay in Asia longer. It has now become a second home full of community and family. Instantly, upon landing I felt the magic of this place. It is definitely a place that should be recognized for its beauty and potential in its own right, and GIVE is providing a way for this amazing country to do that. I got to explore temples, help animals, and play in waterfalls that should be in a fairy-tale. The community we worked in, Sop Chem, is amazing. I've never felt to accepted and welcomed. My American and local guide both had really big impacts on my life while there in that they helped me recognize my potential. I really cannot imagine having gone to Asia without visiting Laos. GIVE really out did themselves here with this trip, finding such an untouched beauty.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentLaos is an amazing and life changing expirence. I am beyond blessed to have the opportunity to meet the loving people of Shop Chem. This beautiful place changed my life in the best way possible. Thank you GIVE for everything!Show detailed ratings
- WWandaAllaireWritten on August 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentI had taken this trip as an add-on to the Thailand adventure. As with the other trip, GIVE does a great job in combining adventure in Lao with the opportunity truly to make a positive and effective impact on local communities. GIVE provided the necessary experiences to appreciate and learn about the Lao culture and become culturally immersed. The GIVE guides and local guides were very knowledgeable, personable, caring and passionate. In Luang Prabang, we explored the beautiful town framed by the Mekong and Nam Khan Rivers, climbed 329 steps up Mt Phousi for spectacular views, visited the night market. Just outside of town, we hiked and swam in the Kuang Si Waterfalls, and learned about the efforts of the Asiatic bear sanctuary and had the opportunity to help with the work to provide good living space for the bears. We took a long boat journey to the breath-taking village of Sop Chem and its wonderful and welcoming people where we engaged in teaching the children English and working on building a dormitory for their teachers. Our adventures/activities included hikes thru jungles and rice paddies to a waterfall and spelunking a cave, cultural activities with the villagers, cast net fishing, volleyball and yoga on the beach, a homestay, spectacular zip-lining and ropes course in the middle of the jungle. The group also bonded well and many lasting friendships were made. It is a truly awesome experience.Show detailed ratings
- LLaurenWritten on August 9, 20184.0 - GoodI think the trip was incredible overall, and I absolutely loved the guides. I wish there were more alternatives in the schedule since it rains all the time in monsoon season! Also, I think it would’ve been awesome to have a bit more freetime in general. But I had the best time of my life, and can’t wait to spread the message!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentIf you are looking for a life changing experience than GIVE is for you! You are completely immersed in a culture that is unlike any other! You challenge yourself, push yourself, and find yourself all over again. It is the most unreal experience that I will never forget. I will always be grateful to GIVE and the opportunities they gave me!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5-11
- Day 12
- Day 13
- Day 14
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jennifer, 59 years old26th September 2018
GIVE - Laos
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- ThursdayMay 9, 2019from Luang Prabang14 DaysWednesdayMay 22, 2019to Nong Khiaw10+ seats left$60USD $1,935
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Luang Prabang14 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to Nong Khiaw10+ seats left$60USD $1,935
- MondayMay 27, 2019from Luang Prabang14 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Nong Khiaw10+ seats left$60USD $1,935
- WednesdayJun 5, 2019from Luang Prabang14 DaysTuesdayJun 18, 2019to Nong Khiaw10+ seats left$60USD $1,935
- FridayJun 14, 2019from Luang Prabang14 DaysThursdayJun 27, 2019to Nong Khiaw10+ seats left$60USD $1,935
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Luang Prabang14 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Nong Khiaw10+ seats left$60USD $1,935
- TuesdayJul 2, 2019from Luang Prabang14 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to Nong Khiaw10+ seats left$60USD $1,935
- ThursdayJul 11, 2019from Luang Prabang14 DaysWednesdayJul 24, 2019to Nong Khiaw10+ seats left$60USD $1,935
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Luang Prabang14 DaysFridayAug 2, 2019to Nong Khiaw10+ seats left$60USD $1,935
- MondayJul 29, 2019from Luang Prabang14 DaysSundayAug 11, 2019to Nong Khiaw10+ seats left$60USD $1,935
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Laos. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Luang Prabang is the starting point and Nong Khiaw is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Growth International Volunteer Excursions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 December 2018 the full payment of $1,935 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1935 for GIVE - Laos, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Growth International Volunteer Excursions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Growth International Volunteer Excursions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Luang Prabang (Laos)
- 92 km
- Nong Khiaw (Laos)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,935 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,062 tours in Asia
- covered by 314 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for GIVE - Laos via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 104 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on GIVE - Laos