GIVE - Laos
- Our saving
- US $ 1,848
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Sydney "The trip exceeded all of my expectations. The guides were knowledgeable, trustworthy, fun, and all around some of the most incredible people I've ever met. We were able to immerse ourselves in a village community most people never get to see, and connect with the incredible locals there by working with them on building a new school building and teaching English. I could not have asked for a better..."
- Luang Prabang
- Laos Highlands
- Nong Khiaw
- Rather Poor
- MSMollyWritten on September 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentThere was a moment in my life where I was searching for something more. I sat at a desk working a job that had no meaning to it. My passion for adventure was fading and I needed a change. All of that happened the moment I applied to become a GIVE Volunteer! Next thing I knew I was putting in my 2 weeks and headed on the first flight out to LAOS (which I knew nothing about). I was greeted at the airport, sign in hand, by 2 wonderful guides from GIVE. It was a breath of fresh air to begin such a life changing journey with ease. The days flew by embarking on every corner of culture that the beautiful country of Laos had to offer. From volunteering at FREE THE BEARS to getting my toes nibbled on by little minos in a turquoise waterfall, the trip was nothing less than amazing. GIVE has created an amazing bond with the locals and you feel it throughout your time traveling. Our days volunteering in the middle of the jungle were moments that I will forever share with loved ones, they have helped me to evolve into who I am today. I had never felt a connection as genuine as the one felt there in Sop Chem! Learning about a deeper part of myself was a big realization during the time spent on my GIVE trip. It helped to push me mentally and physically by seeing a way life that is lived so peacefully in the remote areas of Laos. This lead my life into stretching beyond any comfort zones I was constantly running back to. The best part of it all was the ability to work and live alongside the locals of the village. We were in beautiful bungalow cabins with a breath taking view of limestone mountains alongside a chocolate looking river. Sop Chem has a very special place in my heart, and its where I met some of my best friends in those 2 weeks and now feel like I have a family across the globe! I can't wait to see more of the world through being a GIVE Volunteer!Show detailed ratings
- KKatWritten on September 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis year I decided to spend 6 weeks volunteering in South East Asia. I knew I wanted to spend some time with Free The Bears in Cambodia, but didn’t know who to volunteer with in Laos. From a google search I found GIVE. I was sceptical as an Aussie I’d never heard of them as an organisation, but from these reviews I thought I’d give it a crack. And I must say I’m glad I did. The first couple of days ease you in with some Laos cultural education, then it’s onto some hard (enjoyable) work with FTB at their new site – we built a couple of climbing structures with the local staff. We then boarded a nice comfy bus and jumped on a boat to Sop Chem. As you arrive in Sop Chem you are greeted by the locals, who are all gorgeous and full of smiles & happiness. The main highlight for me was working alongside the local men and women on the construction site. Despite the language barrier we all worked as a team, whether it be mixing cement, sifting sand, or rendering the walls, it all just worked so smoothly. The accommodation and food were great (as a vegetarian that’s a big call), the guides were also fantastic! I would recommend GIVE to anyone who enjoys hard work (because it is hard!), being out of your comfort zone (in a good way) and generally hanging out with awesome like-minded people while experiencing something incredibly rewarding. I hope to have a chance to join another GIVE Program one day.Show detailed ratings
- MCMollyWritten on September 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis summer I went on my 3rd trip with GIVE...needless to say it is an incredible organization!! I've had 3 absolutely life-changing experiences with GIVE and would highly recommend this trip to anyone looking for an adventure. The accommodations are awesome, the food is great, and the guides are truly amazing. This is definitely not your average tour group - it is SO much more.Show detailed ratings
- CCarlosWritten on September 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy trip with GIVE was the most life changing experience I've ever had. Signing up through GIVE, I was just going with my girlfriend, but I was so glad she dragged me to go. Like what their description said, it really is an adventure. I've never been so immersed in a foreign culture and learned so much in so little time. I did the Laos trip, and they weren't kidding when they said you will fall in love with Sop Chem (the tiny village we volunteered in). Going into the village, I didn't think I'd grow to care for it, but it turns out I was balling my eyes out saying good bye to all the people I met. I guess spending all day every day working, playing, and learning with these welcoming, friendly people gets to you. GIVE also really cares for their volunteers and strives to make a difference in the world. I was really impressed by GIVE and how well thought out their program is. Everything is carefully planned, from how the program supports the local economy to how much time is allotted for every activity. I highly encourage everyone to support this amazing organization, and to help the wonderful people they help. Word of advice, come with an open mind. Many times I was put into a situation where whomever I was talking to spoke no english, but trying to work around that language barrier made it all the more fun. Also, please be prepared to work! I found that the more effort and energy I put into these projects, the more emotionally invested I felt in the community. Work hard not only for community, but also for yourself!Show detailed ratings
- LSLexiWritten on August 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. We were able to immerse ourselves into the local culture of Sop Chem while teaching the children English and building a new school building.Show detailed ratings
- LLaurianeWritten on August 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy trip with GIVE was life-changing. I went to Thailand and Laos and not only did I learn so much about the culture of each country, but i learned so much about myself. The people i met, volunteers and locals alike, made such a huge impact on my journey as a global citizen and I cannot thank them enough. I'm so grateful for this experience and i recommend it to everyone. The work is extremely rewarding and the outdoor adventures push you out of your comfort zone in the best way possible.Show detailed ratings
- GHGavinWritten on August 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentEach day was the best day of my life, surpassed by the next. This organization brought me into Laos' cultural and picturesque core, and gave me the opportunity to be impacted positively as much as we made a positive impact ourselves, if not more so. I am inspired, GIVE did that for me. I am not changed, I am discovered. And with this newly acquired mentality of mine, I proudly wear my passions and express them with the intention to inspire as GIVE did for me. I will apply these teachings to the decisions I make hereafter, and could not be any more grateful for what global volunteerism has done for me.Show detailed ratings
- MFMeganWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was the greatest experience of my entire life hands down. I learned the importance of caring, hard work, and global citizenship in Laos. In the village of Sop Chem I felt so welcome and at home. The people of Laos are so beautiful inside and out and it was such an honor to work alongside them. Choose GIVE you won't regret it!Show detailed ratings
- SESydneyWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip exceeded all of my expectations. The guides were knowledgeable, trustworthy, fun, and all around some of the most incredible people I've ever met. We were able to immerse ourselves in a village community most people never get to see, and connect with the incredible locals there by working with them on building a new school building and teaching English. I could not have asked for a better first experience in SE Asia or recommend this program any more to others.Show detailed ratings
- AAliciaWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentHands down the best two weeks of my life! There are truly no words to describe this life changing adventure. I can't thank GIVE enough for providing this amazing opportunity!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 12
- Day 13
- Day 14
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old4th May 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
GIVE - Laos
- Upcoming departures
- January 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
STARTENDOUR SAVING PRICE SPACE LEFT
- SundayJan 7, 2018from Luang PrabangSaturdayJan 20, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$47PriceUSD $1,8487 spaces left
- FridayMay 18, 2018from Luang PrabangThursdayMay 31, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$47PriceUSD $1,84810+ spaces left
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Luang PrabangSaturdayJun 9, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$47PriceUSD $1,848Only 1 space left
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Luang PrabangMondayJun 18, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$47PriceUSD $1,8484 spaces left
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Luang PrabangWednesdayJun 27, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$47PriceUSD $1,848Only 3 spaces left
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Luang PrabangFridayJul 6, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$47PriceUSD $1,84810+ spaces left
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Luang PrabangSundayJul 15, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$47PriceUSD $1,84810+ spaces left
- WednesdayJul 11, 2018from Luang PrabangTuesdayJul 24, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$47PriceUSD $1,84810+ spaces left
- FridayJul 20, 2018from Luang PrabangThursdayAug 2, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$47PriceUSD $1,84810+ spaces left
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Luang PrabangSaturdayAug 11, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$47PriceUSD $1,84810+ spaces left
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Laos. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Luang Prabang is the starting point and Nong Khiaw is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Growth International Volunteer Excursions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2017 the full payment of $1,848 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1848 for GIVE - Laos, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Growth International Volunteer Excursions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Growth International Volunteer Excursions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 92 km.
- Luang Prabang (Laos)
- 92 km
- Nong Khiaw (Laos)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,848 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,845 tours in Asia
- covered by 136 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for GIVE - Laos via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 23,362 travellers have already met
before they left for their Asia tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 65 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on GIVE - Laos